size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Virgil

Pride - HomoromanticPride - BisexualThe Ooze ParticipantCritical Fail!1K
10-15-2021, 01:21 AM

Each day that the moon opted not to wane, the amethyst dappled godling felt more certain that God was trying to convey something important. Exactly what that was, however, was still a mystery. Two toned eyes scanned the alien terrain mutely, soaking in the changes of the foliage. Budding ferns unfurled slowly with each day, and revealed thin stripes that glowed with the same pale blue light that his sister did. His ebony parrot was perched upon his narrow shoulders, her keen eyes drinking in the changed scenery as much as his did. They didn't need to speak, both were well aware of what was going on. Delicate toes lifted from the moss covered ground to skim lightly over the tender greenery that emerged from the bed of damp moss, and was rewarded with a faint flicker in the intensity of the bioluminescence in the new fronds. He hummed thoughtfully, and replaced his dark paw upon the ground once more.

A few more careful strides brought him to the trunk of a thick tree, its boughs laden with vines and ivy. A few new tendrils reached down towards the ground, the small leaves struggling to harden off against the cooling weather of the season. The few that he could see that were still clinging to life seemed as though they had been dyed in varying shades of blue. Mottled banner sweeping lightly over his heels, he tipped his head to consider what this might mean for the local flora in the coming months. If winter advanced the same as it had when he'd been born, then there was a chance that these strange plants might die off. A series of mutations that were not intended to last, maybe? That would make them more of an omen than anything else, as they would be impermanent then.

He turned away from the ivy and its tiny leaves desperate to survive the winter. Now, he was transfixed by the true object of his fascination. One of the odd little wisps of blue light that floated aimlessly in the air every night, but didn't appear to do much else.

"Pontifex" || "Hallux" || "others"

Pontifex's companions are a female Pesquet's Parrot named Hallux and a male Emperor Tamarin named Pollux, who are nearby and likely within earshot unless otherwise mentioned.

Tempo

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Lolaf

The Ooze ParticipantHalloween 2020 - Witches HutValentines 2020
10-15-2021, 07:26 PM (This post was last modified: 10-15-2021, 07:45 PM by Tempo. Edited 2 times in total.)
It had been nearly a full year since the last time he'd stepped foot on Boreas, after his run-in with the witch he'd fled in fear and had tried to go anywhere but where he'd once been. But her curse had managed to chase him no matter where he went, just one more curse on his tail. Tempo no stood on home soil, a few inches taller and with his now brindled legs carrying him. Toxicity. That was what he was looking for, the woman and her monkey who had told him that he might be a god. Tempo was desperate, he needed to find her and try and see if they could find the answer to all his questions.

But Boreas had changed, the winter should have killed all the fireflies, and he'd never seen blue ones before. Tempo blinked as he nearly brushed up right against a glowing ivy vine, letting loose a startled yelp and skittering away. He could see a young man up ahead of him and the man picked up his pace. "Is this normal?" He asked as he trotted up towards the younger man, worried about what changes had hit his home continent since he'd been gone.

"Tempo Destruction"

Art by Wolfbeafy

Pontifex

Loner

Advanced Intellectual (85)

Intermediate Healer (30)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Virgil

10-15-2021, 10:14 PM
Hallux made a quick chattering sound with her beak, warning of someone approaching. Were it not for the stifled yelp that followed, the godling may not have noticed it at all. The wraith tipped his head to one side, taking in the sight of an ash cloaked male who was elegantly painted with a few choice ebony marks over his face. "Is this normal?" the stranger asked as he drew closer, to which the boy wordlessly shook his head. He took a moment longer to consider the blue glow of the spectral form that floated a scant inch from the end of his nose. He wondered if they were actually spirits themselves, displaced from the immortal planes and venturing to the land of the living in search of some long-standing business left unfinished. The small orb dipped as though to alight upon his snout, and promptly vanished as though it had never been there in the first place. No sound, no smell, no trace of it.

"No, this is a new development." he finally announced, turning his head to blink at the strange male beside him. "It began a few weeks ago, the evenings seem to last longer than the days themselves, and the moon has yet to wane." he commented, two toned gaze roving the clearing while he spoke. He couldn't help his curiosity, his lapses in attention. All of this was simply fascinating, and he couldn't stop himself from desperately trying to drink in the beautiful sights around him. "I've noticed some of the plants- especially the fungi- they're beginning to take on a glow of their own.'" he added softly, and glanced back to the male. Where had he been all this time, living under a rock?

Pontifex's companions are a female Pesquet's Parrot named Hallux and a male Emperor Tamarin named Pollux, who are nearby and likely within earshot unless otherwise mentioned.

Tempo

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Lolaf

10-15-2021, 10:47 PM
Tempo was glad that the young man seemed at least the social type. Shaking his head and Tempo visibly breathed a sigh of relief, some part of him had been so scared that he'd somehow cursed the entire damn continent by choosing to leave. The boy finally spoke and Tempo fixed his violet gaze on the young man.

"Thank the gods." He breathed, before realizing how weird that made him see. "Sorry I mean, it's weird as all heck. But I was born here and left for some time, it made me worried things had changed a lot in my time away or that I somehow..." Tempo stopped, both his tongue and his paws. Suddenly pretending to be, and subsequently actually becoming, very interested in the colony of bats that flew overhead, shedding a soft purple light. Huh, odd, and very distracting.

"Tempo Destruction"

Art by Wolfbeafy

Pontifex

Loner

Intermediate Healer (30)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Virgil

10-15-2021, 11:15 PM

The audible sigh of relief from the grey coated man didn't go unnoticed, though he wasn't entirely certain how to respond to it. Was it truly better for this to be an entirely new, unknown event? Quirking a brow wordlessly, he simply accepted it as it was. "Thank the gods." the man uttered the words softly, but the godling could not help the wrinkle of his muzzle as disdain curled his lip up for a fraction of a second. Heathen. Delightful. After a second's hesitation, the man continued. "Sorry I mean, it's weird as all heck. But I was born here and left for some time, it made me worried things had changed a lot in my time away or that I somehow..." the way he trailed off, there was undeniably something lurking at the tip of his tongue. Rather than pry it from the smaller wolf's jaws, he decided to forgo asking for him to continue.

"Well, you certainly picked an excellent time to make your return," he said absently, following the violet gaze of the stranger upwards and towards the small group of bats that took to the wing overhead. Their furry bodies gave off a gentle purple light, and transfixed the amethyst dappled godling. "God has certainly had His hand in these strange happenings, though I am not certain what He intends for us in the coming weeks or months.." he mused aloud, tracking the flight of the bats as they flitted deeper and deeper into the thick canopy and headed south. Tail sweeping lightly over his heels, he found himself once again drawn into introspection against his own will. It took a swift nip to the soft flesh of his elbow from Hallux to him to withdraw from his stupor and gaze back down at the strange male. "What drew you back here, in the end?" he finally asked, a half-assed attempt to engage with the small heathen.

Tempo

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Lolaf

10-16-2021, 12:26 AM
Tempo was a little too wrapped up in his now very genuine curiosity about the bats to really notice how the boy reacted to his words. What made them glow? He would have chalked it up to simply the light of the too big moon off their fur but they were distinctly uh... Purple. Maybe they had eaten the lights? Did bats eat bugs? (Yes.) Did their diet affect their coloration? (No.) But the lights were also blue so how?

Tempo's attention was pulled back to the yearling and he suddenly fixed his attention on him, really seeming to see him for the first time. The way he spoke of God, singular. It was familiar... As was his coat and the scent on his pelt. He chewed on the boy's question for a moment. "Some time ago I met another young wolf around my age who tried to teach me about her faith, but I was skeptical. But in the years since I have started to believe that she may have been wiser than I originally thought. I've been looking for her... You wouldn't happen to know a Toxicity Klein Abraxas?"

"Tempo Destruction"

Art by Wolfbeafy

NPC

Administrator

gems
size
-
build
-
player
10-16-2021, 06:36 PM
Pontifex

You notice a cluster of faintly glowing fungi up ahead. You also find 2 crystals. Maybe these are worth keeping…

NPC

Administrator

gems
size
-
build
-
player
10-16-2021, 07:06 PM
Tempo

You get the sense that something is wrong. You also find 2 mushrooms. Maybe these are worth keeping…

Pontifex

Loner

Intermediate Healer (30)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Virgil

10-17-2021, 04:59 PM

Lavender eyes were drawn by the faint glow of his favourite subjects for experimentation- fungi. In particular, these looked to be ink caps. Mutated by the strange moonlight spreading even into the dense forest, the thin fruiting bodies were giving off a gentle light that drew him forward like a moth to flame. The conversation was not entirely abandoned, but natural curiosity was certainly getting the better of him. Narrow cranium lowered towards the ground, his long fangs nearly dragged against the moss that covered the ground beneath his paws. One of the ink caps in the cluster had already progressed past the peak of maturity, and where normally a black ooze would begin to drop from its fringes as the cap decayed inwards towards its stem, the ooze was an eerie pale blue. Staining the ground with bioluminescent ooze in a small ring around its body, and dripping onto the caps of its neighbours. Tucked between the pale, glowing stems, a pair of small crystals. Tipping his head to one side, he fixed one eye on his avian companion. "Hallux, could you..?" soft vocals offered the question up hesitantly, though the parrot was quick to hop down onto the ground with a gentle flap of her wings. Nimble talons and a sharp beak helped her work the two gems from their fungal entrapment, and she scooted them closer for the boy to inspect.

From what he could tell, they were entirely colourless. He glimpsed the deep green of the moss and the rich brown of the loamy soil through the rough facets of the pair of crystals. This had to be some sort of sign, perhaps even a gift from God? He gestured to their new find, and Hallux dutifully collected the pair in her talons and took to the air in search of a good place to stow them away for the time being. Just in time, too, as the small male began to speak again. "Some time ago I met another young wolf around my age who tried to teach me about her faith, but I was skeptical. But in the years since I have started to believe that she may have been wiser than I originally thought. I've been looking for her... You wouldn't happen to know a Toxicity Klein Abraxas?" as his mother's old titles tumbled freely from the man's lips, the godling's head snapped up as though he'd been struck. Fixing the ebony dappled man with a hard stare over his shoulder, he found himself pivoting his delicate frame to face him, without daring to peel his eyes away. Suspicion painted itself over his features in the subtle quirk of his brow and the single downturned corner of his ebony lips. A few long strides pulled him cautiously forth, closing the distance that he had absentmindedly put between himself and this strange man who knew his mother.

He found himself inspecting the man anew; tracing the lines of his bone structure beneath the short fur of his face, searching those violet eyes for any resemblance to his sisters. No.. this certainly wouldn't be their father. However, he still new Toxicity, and that in itself lent him some degree of intrigue. His mother had never been a social butterfly in the time he'd been alive, and it seemed strange to think that she had ever had a conversation with someone outside of the Empire. Alas, he had probably left the ash hued male shivering with anticipation for long enough. "Toxicity is my mother, but she is neither Klein nor Abraxas anymore. We are Fallen, now." quiet vocals crooned warily, searching the features of the older male for the subtle shifts of his expression that might hint in what capacity he knew his mother. "How well did you know her?" he asked next, tapered cranium tipping ever so slightly to one side curiously.