An icon representing the specialty Anatomist Anatomist

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Ooh La LaThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Mammoth HunterIce Bridge ExplorerPride - Lesbian
1KDouble Master
10-04-2021, 05:52 PM

It had taken a bit for Gossamer to get comfortable enough to step outside Armada territory again. She could still see that mad pirate in her dreams and a rush of pain and embarrassment always followed after. Nothing seemed to be going her way, but at least her injury was healing well. She knew it was going to scar but at least there were no signs of infection, simply deep red lines across her face, one above her eyes and one below.

Gossamer headed to the large river she'd visited a number of times, most recently at the yearling party. As she arrived so did nightfall. A chill settled over the land, causing a light shiver to dance down her spine. The moon was full and bright, bigger and brighter than she'd ever seen in her life. The stars were out as well but something seemed off about them. As she gazed out on the river where the moonlight made it look like a massive road of silver she spied dancing blue lights twinkling along the shore. It couldn't be… were those fireflies? Why were they blue?

Skadi

Loner

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
Lazuli

The Ooze ParticipantHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! VengeanceCritical Fail!Critical Hit!1K
10-08-2021, 03:35 PM
While the season was full to the brim with concerned creatures noting unusual happenings, Skadi was neither perturbed by the oddly colored animals nor the lights. The moon, sure, was a little odd, but she'd lived with strange flashes and weird auras her whole life. That was her Sight. Her mother had told her when she was ready she needed to speak with her auntie Alfrun but Skadi had yet to work up the courage. She wasn't sure she wanted those answers. It didn't quite fit with her plans, but what was a girl to do?

Skadi spied the stranger and noted she appeared to be looking at the lights. While the lights may not have been unusual, other people noticing them was. Of course Skaid was intrigued. Besides her auntie she knew no one else with the gift. She had to investigate. "Do you seem them too? The lights?"

"Speech"

Faith

Loner

Beginner Intellectual (0)

Beginner Healer (0)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Lolaf

Samhain 2022Statue 4 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Pride - Lesbian
10-13-2021, 08:36 PM

Faith wanted to believe that the changes in the season were something to do with their ascension, a new generation of Abraxas (though they didn't call themselves that anymore) having reached their paws into godhood properly for the first time. It was almost comforting, the blue of the fireflies even felt a little like they were meant for her, she too glowed a soft blue at night after all. Tonight she was curious to see if they would lead her anywhere.

And it seemed they would, to an extent. Faith would happen upon the pair of young women, feeling her heart hammer a little stronger as she realized she recognized one of them. Faith approached with all the grace she could muster, feeling the way the fireflies flitted around her. "Actually I wonder that too." She said, lifting her voice as she approached. She hadn't thought the soft lights to be a vision, at least not based on the way the rest of her family seemed to see them but worth always checking. For a moment her gaze roved over the two. First the absolutely tiny girl. Faith was used to being among the tallest in any group but this girl? Well she was shorter than any wolf she'd ever seen, her brow quirked, curious before her face would briefly flash with concern before she managed to rein it back in. Biting down on the desire to question Gossamer on what had happened to mar her pretty face, her stomach doing flips all the while.

Walk ---- "Speak" ---- "Hear" ---- Think

Faith sometimes has visions (auditory and/or visual), she may react to them. They are not perceptible to others.
Updated 04/30/23: Still on indefinite scarcity, please do not remind me of threads I am behind on right now.

Gossamer

Armada
Lieutenant

Master Fighter (270)

Master Healer (240)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Ooh La LaThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Mammoth HunterIce Bridge ExplorerPride - Lesbian
1KDouble Master
10-14-2021, 06:20 AM

Gossamer stood still, just watching the dancing lights. It was her first 'normal' winter and she couldn't quite decide if what she was seeing was typical or a sign of something abnormal. She was leaning toward the later. Gossamer's ears twitched at the sound of approaching paws and she turned to see a gorgeous girl approaching her. Gossamer was taken aback for a moment. The girl startlingly small in stature but perfect in her form. Like a goddess in miniature.

Gossamer jerked her head back to the lights. "Yea, I uh… I think they're fireflies but I don't know. I thought bugs went away in the winter." She glanced back at the other girl, whose coat was mystifying in a subtle way. The part of her in shadow was quite different from the part of her lit by the light of the full moon. That side of her pelt shifted noticeably to a lovely purple hue. "My name's Gossamer."

Out of the corner of her eye she saw another flash of blue but when she looked it was Faith. Her ears perked up at the familiar face and she grinned glancing at the glowing patches of fur on the other girls frame and trying not to stare too much. "Hey there, Faith. How are you? These fireflies relatives of yours?"

Skadi

Loner

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
Lazuli

The Ooze ParticipantHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! VengeanceCritical Fail!Critical Hit!1K
10-14-2021, 07:30 PM

Fireflies? Skadi trotted over to the nearest light and squinted at it, her expression a thoughtful frown as she tried to pick out features. There did appear to be something solid in the middle but she wasn't willing to label the shape inside. Maybe her eyes weren't as sharp as the stranger's or maybe the stranger was making an assumption. It was hard to say without a closer look and really, Skadi wasn't sure of the wisdom in that. "They're supposed to go away in the winter, but it doesn't feel like a season where things are just gonna go like they're supposed to." Things had been weird lately, there was no denying that.

Another girl came onto the scene and Skadi regarded her curiously. She'd wondered if others could see the lights too? Implying that she saw things no one else did? Interesting, so there were other wolves out there like her and her aunt. She had lots of questions for the newest girl. Presumably she was learning about her ability from someone else but what exactly did that entail if it didn't include the will of the gods and the spinning of the fates?

"The name's Skadi." So Gossamer and Faith. Something Gossamer said finally registered and Skadi did a double take as she noticed Faith's glowing. Somewhere in the mix of introductions and fireflies she'd missed that but how? She didn't know what to do with that. And now she'd made it obvious she'd looked. Skadi frowned. She had no idea how to get back from that faux pas. Welp. "R-Relatives?" she stuttered in confusion.

"Speech"

Faith

Loner

Beginner Healer (0)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Lolaf

Samhain 2022Statue 4 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Pride - Lesbian
10-15-2021, 12:37 AM

The small purple girl, she introduced herself as Skadi, was more notable than she'd first assumed, the color of her pelt seemed to shift slightly under the light of the unwaning moon. Stranger and somewhat mesmerizing in its own right. Her attention was pulled back to Gossamer however as a question was directed at her and she laughed, glancing at the lights as they danced around the three young women, some blinking out and others seeming to pop into existence out of nowhere. "Maybe." She said, even feeling brazen enough to flash a wink at the clearly confused Skadi. "God moves in mysterious ways, and not even I claim to know what he means in everything he does, at least not all the time."

Faith turned her gaze upwards, dual-toned eyes focusing on the still full moon and her voice becoming softer, more speaking for herself than others. "Though I do wish he'd be more clear."

Faith sometimes has visions (auditory and/or visual), she may react to them. They are not perceptible to others.
Updated 04/30/23: Still on indefinite scarcity, please do not remind me of threads I am behind on right now.

Gossamer

Armada
Lieutenant

Master Fighter (270)

Master Healer (240)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

1KDouble Master
10-15-2021, 04:55 PM

Gossamer sighed as Skadi spoke, making her feelings about the season known much to the dread of the Fatalis femme. "I was afraid you'd say that. I'm starting to wonder if I'm ever going to experience a 'normal' winter that the adults talk about or if there ever was a normal winter and they're just misremember like the elderly do." Granted her parents weren't that old but from her perspective they seemed almost ancient.

"Skadi? Wow, that's a neat name. Pretty but strong." A firefly flitted past her face and landed on a nearby blade of grass. Gossamer took a few steps toward it but before she could really look close the bug flew off. Faith spoke and Gossamer glanced at her funny. "Who moves what now? I think nature is just being weird again." She didn't really believe in gods or anything like that. Ghosts…. maybe.

Skadi

Loner

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
Lazuli

10-15-2021, 07:08 PM
Skadi snorted a soft laugh and shook her head. She'd wondered the very same thing. "You took the words right out of my mouth. My afi -my grandpa- keeps threatening me with 'normal' summers. You know that 'back in my day...' crap...so he has me curious." Could it really be so bad? Skadi couldn't imagine heat so...well, hot that she whole days in the shade under cover. Now, say the same thing and snow and shelter and she understood.

She beamed when Gossamer complimented her name and for the first time really looked at the girl. Scar or no scar she was rather pretty. She was also, like Faith, rather tall, but everyone was taller than Skadi and most of her family was of a similar height so that fact didn't have quite the impact on her that it might have on others. "Ah, thanks, I am named for the jötunn and goddess of hunting and -oddly fitting, I think- winter."

Brazenly Skadi stepped closer to Gossamer when a firefly landed in front of her. She too scrutinized the insect - and it did look to be an insect after all - and her attention also turned to Faith after she spoke. Having only ever known a pantheon, Skadi was curious which one Faith was crediting for all of this season's peculiarities. "Which god?"

"Speech"

NPC

Administrator

gems
size
-
build
-
player
10-15-2021, 09:33 PM
Gossamer

An unnatural hush falls over the area. You also find 4 mushrooms. Maybe these are worth keeping…

Faith

Loner

Beginner Healer (0)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Lolaf

10-15-2021, 09:43 PM

Faith had to push down the way her stomach dropped a bit when she saw the way Gossamer looked at her. She remembered telling the other girl that her family had some specific belief and was a little saddened that it seemed she'd been right to keep her faith to herself. Her smile slid slightly, and the young woman took a few deep breaths, focusing on the painted heavens, and observed them as if willing something else to happen to redouble her faith before Skadi directed a question at her.

Faith fixed a dual-toned gaze on the tiny girl, her eyes alight with curiosity and interest. She lowered herself down to her stomach so that she could be eye to eye with the smaller girl. "The fallen god, Abraxas." She said softly and almost carefully, wondering if she had heard of him, or if she too would have some amount of dismissal. Somehow the ethereal glow of the world around her, entirely unconnected to her own soft glow, felt less comforting now.

NPC

Administrator

gems
size
-
build
-
player
10-16-2021, 05:20 PM
Skadi

A frog croaks at you before hopping away. You could swear his throat was glowing. You also find 4 mushrooms. Maybe these are worth keeping…

NPC

Administrator

gems
size
-
build
-
player
10-16-2021, 06:33 PM
Faith

A blue butterfly lands nearby, but then seems to vanish. You also find 3 crystal̊ͭ̽s. Maybe these are worth keeping…