An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

The Ooze ParticipantUnderachieverSnake EyesBeeventVolcanoChristmas 2019
09-20-2021, 07:04 PM (This post was last modified: 10-14-2021, 08:37 AM by Caelia. Edited 4 times in total.)

It'd been a long while since Caelia had gone so far north. Lately she kept close to home more often than not, occasionally following a prey's scent trail further than she expected, but rarely did that happen. Valhalla's lands were generally plentiful with prey and resources, and neither had been threatened for a long while now. Except for the bitterly cold previous winter, one that had seemingly stretched on for multiple seasons, things had been pleasant enough - Caelia had no room for complaint, yet still she felt restless. Truthfully she hardly remembered what feeling at peace was like. It was an elusive feeling, one she couldn't recall having felt since before her mother's passing. She certainly hadn't felt it since so many of her siblings had dispersed either.

But something about this place made her feel at ease, if only for a moment. Night was slowly beginning to fall, the sun beginning its descent beneath the horizon and casting the world into a slow enveloping darkness. The air had a sharp bite to it as it whipped past her, ruffling her coat and threatening to send her light form toppling over. She maintained her mostly-steady posture where she stood tall at the edge of the falls. Below her was a sharp, unforgiving rocky cliff. She doubted anyone could survive a fall from this height, though she didn't intend to try either. Instead she simply stood and watched - watched a flock of birds circling far to the southwest of her, in the direction of her home; to the east she could see the sea and and a strange island just beyond. Behind her was a taller peak that she wouldn't try to climb, deciding that this height was enough to let her clear her mind and hopefully find some clarity.

Her thoughts were distracted by the sudden sights though. Not far off she saw a spark of color, appearing suddenly as the daylight faded - a tight cluster of blue and purple lights drifting lazily far below the rushing falls. If she knew better she'd swear they were fireflies, but she'd never seen fireflies this color before. There was plenty about the world she didn't know though, so it was hard to be sure, but the strange sight made her feel uneasy for reasons she couldn't explain. Even the moon had an eerie aura to it, appearing large in the sky long before the sun even started to set, and growing brighter with each moment that passed.

Tyto

Loner

Master Fighter (240)

Advanced Hunter (70)

An icon representing the specialty Juggernaut Juggernaut

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Dragon Mod

1KThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Critical Fail!Christmas 2019Treat 2019
10-15-2021, 09:25 PM

He didn't know if it was a Northern thing, or if it was happening all over Boreas, but nights had been quite strange these days. With no pack to return to, Tyto had taken his newfound freedom and used it to wander. He no longer had a home after Ignis had decided to let Incendium go. But even without an explanation, he knew why. The pack had died long before Ignis' stole it away, and truth be told, had he been in that position, he wouldn't have wanted to lead ghosts, either. Ah, well. It couldn't be helped at this point. Someone else would take the helm, it didn't matter to him anymore.

He reached the waterfall, noting the odd blue fireflies that danced around the pool at the bottom of the falls. He glanced up towards the moon, noticing how the moon seemed huge and imposing. It unnerved him a bit, but strange things had happened before. He moved towards the pool, leaning to take a drink while flashing fish swam beneath the surface. Fireflies danced and buzzed around his head, the plants that grew around the edge of the pool glowing various colors. He initially planned on just passing through after a quick rest, but then he smelled a vaguely familiar scent.

Head rose as he sought her out. That scene wast unmistakeable now. Caelia was here...but where exactly, he wasn't sure. At least until he picked up her scent heading up one of the trails that led to the falls above. Curious as to what she was doing so far from home, he carefully picked his way up the trail until he was closer to her presumed location. A trail of fireflies seemed to follow him, clustered up close to one another as they practically seemed to act like a lantern. "Caelia?" He called softly.

"Speak"

Caelia

Loner

Advanced Intellectual (95)

Master Fighter (250)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

10-15-2021, 09:57 PM

Caelia had seen plenty of strange things in her lifetime, but this was by far one of the oddest. The colors were enchanting on their own and it was hard to keep her eyes from following them as they danced to and fro. Some were bright, and some faded almost as quickly as they appeared - though apparently she wasn't the only one out here tonight watching the sights. Her gaze followed one as he drifted up, reaching toward the sky, and then she caught sight of someone below, heading her way. Caelia tilted her head, sniffing at the air as she head the approach of someone.. someone who she quickly realized was no stranger at all.

A slight smile touched her lips. His presence was welcome, a comfort amongst all the strangeness tonight. She swore she saw a few of those colored orbs trailing after him, circling above his head before dispersing again. She fought a shiver from wracking her body. "Tyto. Fancy seeing you here," she commented, glancing back up toward the sky. Wait... had those stars looked like that before? They streaked across the sky, casting odd patterns that didn't seem to fade. "What's going on, do you think?" Maybe he had some insight that she couldn't seem to find.

Tyto

Loner

Master Fighter (240)

Advanced Hunter (70)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Dragon Mod

1KThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Critical Fail!Christmas 2019Treat 2019
10-15-2021, 10:06 PM

So it was her. That was a relief...he was beginning to doubt his tracking abilities, but apparently, he was doing well enough. He swished his tail in an attempt to shoo away the fireflies that were following him, but it only caused them to flutter away for a moment before returning to buzz over him. "Tyto. Fancy seeing you here." Smiling and the like was...foreign to him. But he couldn't help the involuntary tug of his lips as they began to twitch in an effort to form the smallest of smiles. Though as soon as he felt it happening, he fought it, and turned away to look at the sky. "Yeah uh, I could say the same for you. I don't think I've ever seen you this far north before?" Had she? He wasn't sure. It's not like he was going around stalking her or anything.

"What's going on, do you think?" He shrugged as he drew closer, stopping a few short feet away so as not to invade her space. "Dunno, but it's happening everywhere. I don't know if it's an omen or not..." If it was an omen, the timing couldn't be any better. Did it have something to do with Incendium's fall? Nah...that would be ridiculous. If that were the case, he was sure it would be in Incendium's old hunting grounds, but no. This was everywhere. He followed her gaze to the sky, noticing how the stars seemed to streak and blur together instead of sitting neatly and sparkling like they usually did. This just seemed really odd to him, and he was keen to investigate some more. "Maybe it is an omen after all..." He muttered to himself as he watched the sky...he'd never seen such a thing before...why now?

"Speak"

Caelia

Loner

Master Fighter (250)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

10-15-2021, 10:18 PM
If the situation was any different, she might be amused by the way the little orbs of light followed him, but now it only made an pit of unease form in her stomach. "Looks like you have some fans," she commented dryly. Her attempt at vague humor seemed to fall short though, at least on her end, and instead she found herself shifting uncomfortably. These little fireflies weren't normal, but she wasn't sure just how bad their appearance was. Perhaps it was just an oddity rather than the substantial chance she feared it might be...

"I don't usually come this far north," she admitted carefully. She'd been feeling restless lately and taking some time to explore a bit helped clear her mind, at least usually - tonight it only made her mind feel foggier than usual. Maybe she should've stayed home after all. But the sight was a lovely one, even if the circumstances were unnerving. "I'm not so sure myself. Things have been strange since that last bad winter." Caelia wasn't sure if it was related at all but she couldn't help be reminded of how strange that season had been. "I've definitely never seen the stars do that. I've seen them move - just one or two, it's rare, but..." Nothing at all like this, that was for sure.

Tyto

Loner

Master Fighter (240)

Advanced Hunter (70)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Dragon Mod

10-15-2021, 10:36 PM

"Looks like you have some fans," He looked upward to find the little blue bugs swirling and buzzing over his head. He frowned as he tried to blow them away, but even that didn't really seem to work. He gave up on trying to shoo them away at that point. "Yeah, I don't know what their deal is, but it's starting to get annoying." He sighed as he returned his attention to her as she spoke. He had to agree with her, indicated by the way he nodded. Things had been bad since last Winter, and apparently, it seemed to continue. Though he was just guessing that these were bad things happening..."Well, the fireflies haven't killed me yet. So maybe it's not so bad after all. The stars though, it is strange...I've seen the occasional shooting star here in the North, but nothing like this."

Shooting stars up here seemed normal to him. The Northlands had a lot to offer in displaying its beauty. The northern lights, especially. "I guess all we can do is wonder. After all, how often do we get to see stuff like this? At least nothing's fallen out of the sky yet, and if it did, well..." He motioned to the cave behind them, "We could take shelter in here." And I'd protect you... He thought to himself. He glanced down at his paws in embarrassment at the sudden thought. He wasn't sure why but, he was fascinated by her every time he saw her. Since their first encounter when they were just kids. That seemed a long time ago now. Had time really passed that fast?

He watched as some of the fireflies that floated around him left the bundle and went to float around her. Lighting her pale coat. He couldn't help but stare for a moment, before quickly looking away as he peered over the edge of where they were standing and towards the pool of water that housed the glowing fish he had seen earlier. "I have to admit though...it's beautiful in its own, strange way."

"Speak"

NPC

Administrator

gems
size
-
build
-
player
10-16-2021, 06:46 PM
Caelia

The stars above seem to twinkle in response. You also find 3 crystals. Maybe these are worth keeping…

NPC

Administrator

gems
size
-
build
-
player
10-16-2021, 06:48 PM
Tyto

You get the sense that something is wrong. You also find 2 crystals. Maybe these are worth keeping…

Caelia

Loner

Master Fighter (250)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

10-23-2021, 09:31 AM (This post was last modified: 10-23-2021, 09:31 AM by Caelia. Edited 1 time in total.)

A bit of amusement glimmered in her eyes as she watched him blowing at the fireflies around his head, who seemed completely oblivious to his attempts to get rid of them. "Seems a little less bad this way. Maybe because of the wind," Caelia explained, jerking her head slightly as if urging him closer. She stood closer to the edge of the falls, only a mere step away from plummeting. It was breezier here, and the little wisps of light seemed to drift away somewhat as she perched at the edge.

She nodded slowly at his words. "Shooting stars are not so common in the west as they are up here. But I've never seen anything like this either," Caelia mused thoughtfully. It was hard to always think of it the way Tyto was - that these were interesting sights to see - simply because of how strange it was. But she did agree with him in a way. "I'm not sure I'd be too thrilled to be caught so far from home at the end of the world," shemused with a quiet laugh. It was rare she went this far from Valhalla's lands anyway, so it'd be just her luck if some terrible disaster happened all the way out here..

"I suppose you're right. In a creepy sort of way." Another gust of wind rustled her coat and she cast her gaze from Tyto down the way she'd come, before he'd climbed up here. "Perhaps we should head down - just in case?"

-exit to other thread-

Tyto

Loner

Master Fighter (240)

Advanced Hunter (70)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Dragon Mod

10-25-2021, 09:19 AM (This post was last modified: 10-25-2021, 09:19 AM by Tyto. Edited 1 time in total.)

"Seems a little less bad this way. Maybe because of the wind," She seemed to motion for him to move closer to her. Closer to the edge where she stood, and he obliged. The breeze, it seemed, did well to help blow the little glowing bugs away and they drifted into the cave. He peered down over the edge, letting the cold breeze rustle his coat as he gazed at the pool below. From this height, he couldn't clearly see the fish he'd seen down below, but he could see faded glowing blobs down there nonetheless. "Shooting stars are not so common in the west as they are up here. But I've never seen anything like this either," And ear flicked in her direction as he listened, briefly wondering what it would be like to live somewhere else that wasn't always covered in snow. While sure, his father had claimed lands in the East once upon a time, it was a far off memory he couldn't quite remember all that clearly anymore. All he was used to and all he could really remember was living in the North.

"I'm not sure I'd be too thrilled to be caught so far from home at the end of the world," He hummed in agreement, but his expression changed a bit after. He didn't really have a home to go back to at the moment. His alpha had let Incendium go, though Tyto didn't need to be told why. He had seen it for himself. The pack seemed like it had given up, and anything Ignis had planned after the last meeting had seemed to come too late. "Perhaps we should head down - just in case?" He nodded, allowing her to lead the way while he quietly followed to their next destination.

-Exit-

"Speak"