build
Balanced
player
Xarae

Pride - BisexualSamhain 2022WealthyThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 31K
OverachieverCritical Attack!VolcanoLegendaryCritical Fail!Valentines 2020
Critical Hit!Christmas 2019Trick 2019Promptober 2019
10-17-2021, 02:35 PM

It was always necessary to replenish the winter herb stores at this point in the season. Although the ever-long nights perturbed her, she'd managed to get used to them eventually. If nothing else, her life had taught her to be adaptable. She'd made it through wildfires, volcanic explosions, a year-long winter: she could make it through a few long, dark nights. The moon that hung above looked strange and unreal. Larger than life, it peered down upon her from above the mangrove trees. Theory shivered beneath its gaze. She had to find herbs, not get distracted by the strange happenings that had been occurring for the better part of the month. The water here rarely froze thanks the rise and fall of the ocean tide that fed the swamp. There had to be something useful around here.

""

Hanzō

Tojo-kai
Kaicho

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (240)

An icon representing the specialty Marauder Marauder

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Ali

Samhain 2022Underachiever1KAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
WealthyVengeanceHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! GlobetrotterOverachieverLegendary
Ooh La LaHomebodyCritical Block!ExplorerPride - DemisexualWinner
Mammoth HunterIce Bridge ExplorerWordyDouble MasterCritical Hit!
10-21-2021, 10:53 AM
The voices still called out to him, bitter murmurs carried on the wind. Reminders of a world that seemed further and further away with each passing season, of actions he could take and the consequences that would soon follow. He felt restless, like a dull sword in dire need of maintenance. But what was he supposed to do? He was not a man who acted on impulse and these thoughts didn't entirely feel to be his own, to lash out now was wholly unlike him. Like someone else was trying to squeeze into his skin, to meld him into something he simply was not.

Venturing from Ashen's shores once more Hattori found himself in the Mangrove, the scent of mud and ocean silt filling his nose. The air was loud and thrumming, almost overwhelmingly so with the chorus of wildlife, birds cawing, frogs croaking and the distant hissing of alligators. If he wanted to be alone this wasn't the place for it, it seemed.  Certainly not when he noticed a slim, lanky legged wolf picking her way across the ground in search of something. Either fish or herbs, if he had to guess. It was then he noticed he recognised the woman, that he'd seen her not too long ago.

The Shogun approached, making no effort to mask his steps as he waded through shin deep water.

"I saw you at Incenduim. You favoured Sparrow." He rumbled in place of a greeting.
[Image: de83uxb-0342be6c-7454-4392-a336-72e10a43...s88RF1Wrtg]

Theory

Avalon
Healer

Master Fighter (250)

Master Healer (240)

An icon representing the specialty Fertile Fertile

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Xarae

10-27-2021, 03:35 PM

The ripples of disturbed water met her legs as Theory hunted through the undergrowth for anything worthwhile to bring home. From the winter-stricken bare branches above, Alouette shuffled her wings and called down to her. A stranger was approaching. She lifted her head and regarded the horned man. It wasn't often that she met wolves with those sorts of accoutrements on the Eastern coast. He must hail from the pack Sirius' Armada had stemmed from - Ashen. The Ashen Empire. She'd heard primarily of its Empress, so logic followed that this warrior - so interested in her politics - must stand at her side, or close to it. Their close ties to the Armada made this situation difficult. She couldn't tell a lick of emotion either way on his feelings about her allegiance to Sparrow. His cadence was surprisingly... flat. Emotionless. Theory raised her head slowly, her chin dribbling with swamp water. Perhaps she could work while they spoke.

Turning her attention back towards ferreting between the roots of the trees, she addressed him: "Yes - we're cousins. I value family and Sparrow has been kind to me." Her words were simple and to the point. Theory set aside a damp heft of moss to take back and then returned to her search. "Were you sorry to see her win?" She had a feeling that sorry perhaps did not exist in his vocabulary.

""

Hanzō

Tojo-kai
Kaicho

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Ali

Samhain 2022Underachiever1KAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
WealthyVengeanceHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! GlobetrotterOverachieverLegendary
11-14-2021, 02:28 PM
The Abaven alpha regarded him with care, as though she was unsure of what to expect but still made a point of going about her business. Hattori was not much of a healer and wasn't sure what purpose those roots would serve, but if she was making the effort to gather them then he assumed it was worth the time and effort. Apparently she and Sparrow were cousins, proof the Imperialis families influence was more interconnected than he'd first presumed. Some might regard the Pirate's victory as the walls closing in, another front to wage war but Hattori wasn't interested in jumping to such a conclusion. Not when there were bigger things at stake.

"Not particularly. " He told her, flat and honest. "I did not support the opposing side. She seemed...presumptions when we first met." And that was putting it lightly. He'd written her off as a wannabe upstart and felt very little vindication in being proved right all along.

Onto another matter.

"I have been told my son has been loitering nearby Abaven as of late. If that is an issue, I will see it rectified."

Theory

Avalon
Healer

Master Fighter (250)

Master Healer (240)

An icon representing the specialty Fertile Fertile

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Xarae

11-17-2021, 05:43 PM

She continued her hunt through the roots as she listened, pleased to find a few strands of unaffected marsh marigold. They were crushed and sopping wet, but they'd dry out and work in a pinch. "She certainly did seem to think she'd win handily," Theory chuckled. He seemed to be a shrewd man, and she could appreciate that. It was good to know that even if the Empire was a force to be reckoned with, they weighed their movements carefully. A force of their numbers would be a nightmare if they were rash. Abaven had long since kept to itself, but she did hope that Sparrow wouldn't bring trouble to their door by association. There was love for her cousin in her heart, but if it came down to it, would it outweigh the love she had for her pack? Likely not.

Theory almost sputtered a laugh when he spoke of his son. That dreadfully behaved horned menace that has shaping up to be Fable's frequent playmate? His son? Given the demeanor of the man, she had to imagine what he thought of his impudent child. "His, ah, loitering - as you put it - has led him to cross paths with my niece. They seem to be fast friends. Consider him welcome, despite his attitude," she quipped. "I find it's important for children to develop bonds outside of their pack. It broadens their horizons - would you agree?"

""

Hanzō

Tojo-kai
Kaicho

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Ali

11-21-2021, 11:03 AM
Hattori's ear flicked, in a rare display of disapproval. So his assumptions rung true it seemed, that not only was Kuroki making a pest of himself but he maintained his obtrusive attitude all the while. Nothing like his more diplomatic sisters who knew when to hold their tongue and when to speak. It was tempting to write him off as a lost cause, but Hattori knew his Mother was still fond of her firstborn son and that he was a talented warrior and if hunter, if nothing else. Pressing his lips thin, he hadn't realised his boy had taken a liking to an Abaven wolf in particular. He supposed it shone the yearlings actions in a better light, that he was hanging around to be social, not just an unwanted menace.

Perhaps something would come of it, perhaps not. If she was willing to tolerate the boy for now, he wouldn't stomp out the embers just yet.

The Shogun considered her words for a moment, realising she was softer around the edges than he could ever dream of being. But not wrong, just different. "You are correct. I admit, I do not know much of Abaven. Venom told me some family resides there, but little else."