size
Large
build
Light
player
lunarcat7

Dream WeaverUnderachieverSmall FriesSocialiteDerby WinnerBy A Whisker
StudentSamhain 2022HomebodyTeacherSnake EyesRapid Poster - Rainbow
Festival OrganizerWordyThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Critical Block!Slow Poke
WealthyRenowed ExplorerUnderground ExplorerIsland HopperBoreas ExplorerWestern Explorer
Northern ExplorerSouthern ExplorerGlobetrotterLegendaryAuster ExplorerScaredy Cat
How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! OverachieverCritical Fail!Ooh La LaEastern ExplorerExplorer
Ice Bridge ExplorerMammoth HunterPride - Pansexual1KBeeventDouble Master
09-27-2021, 07:37 PM
Come down, come down sweet reverence

After a good, and uneventful, rest at the lizard island they were off for the Emerald Island. Jynn picked up the pace as they neared the island. The sun spilled pale golden light over the horizon but to the west a large swatch of deep, charcoal clouds were moving in. It looked like it could storm. Jynn worked her way onto the strange sandy shores. The golden sands were stained a strange blue-green color throughout the territory. Dead trees dotted the landscape while smaller shrubs seemed to hold a strange blue tint. If that weren't enough there were emerald green pools of water that were cut out of the rocky, gold-tinted landscape. "Ok, this place is pretty weird. I can't say I've seen anything like this before."

Nami

Tojo-kai
Kariudo

Novice Navigator (20)

Advanced Hunter (110)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Nyx

Samhain 2022Pride - PansexualThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
09-30-2021, 08:16 AM (This post was last modified: 10-17-2021, 09:43 AM by Nami. Edited 1 time in total.)
Nami was getting her fair share of island exploration already since her arrival in Boreas. Her newest friend seemed to have a better idea of where to go explore than she did, so after they got a good night's rest it was off to the next place. She was beginning to feel quite hungry though and wondered if their next stop might be a suitable place to hunker down and find a meal. The darkening skies spoke of a storm brewing, so they might have to hold out on a good meal for a bit longer. They definitely needed to get off this barren island before a storm hit though.

By the time they reached land Nami was sopping wet and noted the clouds were moving in even more quickly. Giving her coat a good hard shake and trying to rest for a moment from the swim, she took the time to scope out her surroundings properly. Maybe coming here was a mistake after all. From a far distance this place had looked quite lush but she realized now she was simply seeing a definitely-barren island that was strangely tinted blue. Even the sand was stained blue-green, reflecting the color more strongly in the sunlight that struggled to peek through the growing rain clouds. "Not what I expected," Nami admitted, finally catching her breath from the swim. "At least there's no big lizards here, right?" She was an optimist at heart, at least outwardly; it was rare she let even the worst situations bring down her spirits. Now they'd have to explore this place a bit and decide it was worth sticking around.

Jynn

Tojo-kai
Taicho

Master Navigator (260)

Master Fighter (315)

An icon representing the specialty Scout Scout

An icon representing the specialty Weaponsmaster Weaponsmaster

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
lunarcat7

Festival OrganizerWordyThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Critical Block!Slow Poke
WealthyRenowed ExplorerUnderground ExplorerIsland HopperBoreas ExplorerWestern Explorer
Northern ExplorerSouthern ExplorerGlobetrotterLegendaryAuster ExplorerScaredy Cat
How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! OverachieverCritical Fail!Ooh La LaEastern ExplorerExplorer
10-01-2021, 09:40 PM

Jynn chuckled. "True, true. I'd prefer a weird landscape to a reptile that might bite my face off." Though in truth she didn't know if that was the best attitude. At lease with a giant lizard she'd have some sort of idea of what to expect but this place? It seemed almost… poisonous. Jynn bent her head to sniff at the sand, wrinkling her nose at the sharp metallic taste. "It smells almost like metal." She padded over to one of the skeletal trees and reached out to sniff it, noting a similar metallic smell. Was everything here composed of metal? If so why was there this strange greenish color? Jynn was used to seeing metals in various grays, rusts, and occasionally golden colors, never green.

Nami

Tojo-kai
Kariudo

Novice Navigator (20)

Advanced Hunter (110)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Nyx

10-17-2021, 10:27 AM
Jynn's assessment earned a laugh from her. "I have to agree there," she said with a nod. These lands were so far proving to be quite different from the lands she was used to back home; she wondered what other oddities she might find. It was intriguing enough that each island seemed to have such a vast difference in landscape and wildlife. She had had no doubt the next would be just as odd, in its own way, but she was happy to avoid massive reptiles if she was able. She leaned down to sniff at the sand, noting it did smell off - it smelled metallic, vaguely reminding her of blood. She gave a little shudder at the thought. "Not sure I'd wanna spend a lot of time here either. I'd be worried I'd turn green too." Probably not, but she wasn't sure it was worth the risk.

Jynn

Tojo-kai
Taicho

Master Navigator (260)

Master Fighter (315)

An icon representing the specialty Scout Scout

An icon representing the specialty Weaponsmaster Weaponsmaster

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
lunarcat7

10-17-2021, 10:35 AM

Jynn padded over to the nearest pool. It was the same strange cyan color as the edges of the ocean water and when she bent her to sniff at the water she realized it also smelt metallic. She wrinkled her nose. "Bleck, pretty sure the water is not safe to drink." The colors might've been pretty but she was quickly convinced that this island was toxic. Nami stated she didn't care to spend much time on this island either and Jynn swiftly nodded. "I agree completely. I think this island might be toxic so we shouldn't linger. You up for another swim?" It seemed like they'd just gotten to the island but Jynn would rather rest on the mainland than here.

Nami

Tojo-kai
Kariudo

Novice Navigator (20)

Advanced Hunter (110)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Nyx

10-21-2021, 09:03 AM
Nami joined Jynn near the edge of one of the shallow pools, noting the unusual color and smell of the water. Definitely wasn't suitable for drinking, not that she could tell at least. "I think you're right. Makes me wonder if anything lives here at all," she shuddered a little at the thought of accidentally slipping into one of these green pools of water. It was definitely an interesting sight but she couldn't imagine lingering for much longer either. Surely the only inhabitants of this place would be brief passerbys; she found it hard to imagine even fish straying too close to the shore. She watched as a bird circled overhead before diverting its path, and Nami gave a little laugh at its wariness to stop here too. "That sounds good to me. Let's get going," she agreed as she headed back to shore, eager to get somewhere more hospitable as soon as they could.