size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2
10-15-2021, 07:59 PM
He'd never been here before. But so far, he found things interesting, if not eerie. First off, those strange blue fireflies were everywhere. Secondly, there were ravens with glowing eyes of varying colors sitting on just about every object they could find. They cawed at him as he passed, earning a snarl if one hopped too close. Clearly, they were not afraid of his presence. They were bold in their approach, even going as far as pecking at his tail, but those ones he turned on bounced away before he could get his teeth or claws on them. He huffed in annoyance, crimson gaze watching them warily as he stalked through the plateau. Ears flattened against the sound of cawing as the presence of the ravens seemed to grow heavier. Were they about to gang up on him? Were they more normal-looking, he wouldn't have an issue. But their eyes were glowing and their cries sounded morphed like it was their own sound mixed with some other creatures. Great...just what he needed...
Ifrit has horns & longer fangs. These may not always be depicted in his Art!

Wendigo I

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Lazuli

All Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3By the skin of my teeth1K
10-15-2021, 09:10 PM
Wendigo wove through the plateau with wide, hungry eyes. Every which way he looked there sat, hopped or flew the most beautiful birds. He coveted them all. They would make the most lavish, most beautiful something. What exactly he didn't know yet, but he wanted a boa or a coat or heck, a feather duster made out of those magnificent feathers.

He ran at one of them suddenly and was delighted when the bird stood its ground and just fixed him with cold, glowing eyes. In fact, he was so surprised he slid to a halt with a giddy cackle. "Oh ho!" Wendigo fell into a play bow and then pounced from side to side tauntingly. "Come on, bring it, Feathers! I love an accessory with some fight!" That the birds, which were slowly creeping closer, might be a danger was lost on him. He only had eyes for their feathers and- the red boy behind him suddenly caught his attention. To Ifrit who also appeared to have a bird problem, he said, "Perfect day to pluck some feathers, eh?"

"Speech"

Ifrit

Loner

Advanced Fighter (80)

Beginner Hunter (0)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

10-15-2021, 09:46 PM
He was focused on the ominous looking ravens, watching them in case they tried to suddenly swamp him and pluck his eyes out or something. He was so focused on them in fact, that he almost didn't notice the presence of the other yearling until he heard him calling out to him. Ifrit's attention was drawn to the other youth then, glancing between him and the birds. Now that he thought about it...why was he wary of these things? He was much bigger than them, and could rip the feathers off them if he wanted to. "I wouldn't be opposed to the idea, especially since they wanna keep looking at me funny," He growled. He slowly drew closer to the other boy, just in case...y'know...the ravens tried something funny. At least with the pair of them together, they could watch each other's backs.

A couple raven's swooped in at him then, and Ifrit swiped at them with extended claws out of reaction more than anything. One raven dropped to the ground as feathers exploded around him, and the other one had just barely missed and flew off to perch and yell at him. The one he had hit, however, flapped and rolled on the ground, and Ifrit knew he had damaged it enough that it wasn't going to survive. "Well I got one...guess that's a start." He muttered as he watched it flop around.

Wendigo I

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Lazuli

All Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3By the skin of my teeth1K
10-15-2021, 10:04 PM
Chuckling quietly to himself Wendigo watched as the other boy took a swipe at the birds. He laughed loudly as one was struck down and then clapped his front paws together in glee. "Excellent, just excellent!" For a moment he watched the bird flop and then his gaze darted to Ifrit expectantly. "A good start." The other boy didn't move so Wendigo helped himself. He pounced on the wounded bird and shook the life out if it. Once it was dead he splayed open its wings and examined its glowing feathers. They were lovely, just lovely! It would make a nice something. Assuming he got about a dozen more.

"My, they're noisy little things, aren't they?" Normally their cawing wouldn't have put him off the hunt, but these guys were being exceptionally loud now that one of their kind was dead. Wendigo's tail drooped as he eyed the still-gathering flock. He didn't know where to start; there were too many!

He lunged forward suddenly and caught the feet of one as it jumped into the air. Immediately it set to thrashing; beating his face with its wings and shrieking angrily which earned a muffled giggle from Wendigo. They had to be quite the sight and it amused him terribly. He wrested it from the sky and shook it quite literally to pieces.

"Speech"

Ifrit

Loner

Advanced Fighter (80)

Beginner Hunter (0)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

10-15-2021, 10:45 PM
The other boy seemed oddly excited after he had smacked one out of the air. Ifrit wasn't sure what to make of the birds, so the one that had flopped to the ground he had left to struggle. But the other boy had wasted no time in going after it to finish it off before examining it. He had praised Ifrit for the action, and he tilted his head in curiosity as he looked at the dead, glowing bird before the mottled boy went after another one. He watched as he caught one between his teeth, fighting with it before he shook it to pieces.

He didn't miss the way the birds had gotten loud after the first one was killed, but now that the second one had been ripped apart, they started flocking more and more as if surrounding him like some really big, really weird gang. Growling, Ifrit charged at a good-sized flock of them that sat on the ground, screaming and flapping their wings as if to intimidate him. He went at them like a bowling ball, striking the flock as they tried to take off into the air. Some made it, while others didn't. He stabbed one, one of his horns going clean through the bird and rendering it lifeliess, while his fancy claws struck down a couple more. Glowing feathers exploded all over the place, and he had to admit...he was kinda having fun with this. Though if the birds had anything to say, he was sure they were pretty pissed by the sound of it.

Wendigo I

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Lazuli

10-15-2021, 10:59 PM
Wendigo dropped what little remained of the second bird and frowned down at it. Gingerly he flicked through the pieces with a paw while impatiently flicking away a sudden influx of blue fireflies. Well, that wouldn't do. It may have tamped down on his fun but he was going to have to reel the play in if he wanted to get enough intact pieces to make something nice out of. Of course, he could just piece the feathers together and forget the skin entirely...

The other boy was up and running at the flock while Wendigo was still flicking feathers around. The crows grew louder, more aggressive, and finally the scene unfolding caught Wendigo's attention. He sat up and watched as Ifrit bowled through the birds. Feathers and snow went everywhere and Wendigo, being Wendigo, burst out laughing. He clapped his paws again and then clutched his chest as he giggled. "Wonderful, just wonderful!"

"Speech"

NPC

Administrator

gems
size
-
build
-
player
10-16-2021, 06:56 PM
Ifrit

An unnatural hush falls over the area. You also find 2 mushrooms. Maybe these are worth keeping…

NPC

Administrator

gems
size
-
build
-
player
10-21-2021, 12:51 PM
Wendigo

You find a flower that seems to reflect the glow of the moon. You also find 2 mushrooms. Maybe these are worth keeping…