An icon representing the specialty Tactician Tactician

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Dikui

Samhain 2022Statue 4 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Double MasterSnake Eyes
Mammoth HunterCritical Fail!Pride - Lesbian1K
10-24-2021, 07:19 PM

Avantika was taking Audra home. The thought was still making her insides feel like fireworks. They'd moved fast, but she was still feeling ready for more, so this was a decent next step. Introduce Audra to her family, show her around, and see if she wanted to stay. Of course, she hoped she would decide to join the pack, but she wouldn't force it. The Hallows wasn't a possessive sort of pack. They wouldn't make her choose between them and Audra, and Avantika could be satisfied with meeting outside the territory. Probably the Hallows wouldn't even care if she brought Audra into the territory, even if she didn't join the pack. They were cool like that.

When they got close enough to see it clearly, she gestured to the castle. "This is where we all sleep. I can show you my room later if you want." She'd wait near the border with Audra first, just to be polite.

Suddenly a thought struck her. "Hey, um, when I'm telling them about us? Are you my girlfriend?" she asked hesitantly. It was an odd moment, but probably as good a time as any to clarify their relationship.

"Speech"

Avantika is prone to panic attacks. Keep in mind when roleplaying with her.
Her companions, a female sharp-shinned hawk named Kaata and a black-thighed falconet named Kit can be assumed to always be close by unless otherwise stated.

Audra

Somnium

Master Healer (315)

Master Navigator (495)

An icon representing the specialty Poison Master Poison Master

An icon representing the specialty Scout Scout

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
ghostliem

Samhain 2022Derby Winner1KPride - BisexualDouble MasterAll Oozed Out
The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Wordy
10-24-2021, 07:43 PM

A lot had changed in a short amount of time. In one moment, she had been swept under Valhalla's wing for the winter. In the next, she had begun to explore Boreas and Auster out of pure curiosity. It wasn't until she had been whisked away by Avantika's feminine gaze and lanky legs that she had agreed to meet her family. The whirlwind of events that was coursing through her life was overwhelming and daunting at the same time. How was it that in one second, she was lonely and wishing for a real place to call home? And in the next second, she had fallen head over heels for this girl? Her mind was fuzzy with happiness as she followed closely by Avantika's side.

Her heart raced as she tried to steady her breathing. Meeting new wolves, especially a new pack and Avantika's family at that, was terrifying to her. It always made her bumbling, nervous wreck where her words never came out straight. Inhaling a deep breath, Audra kept a wistful smile on her lips as they paused at The Hallows borders. Ahead of them loomed a tall and beastly looking castle with giant gargoyle's protecting its entrance. This is where they called home? A gasp fell from her mouth as her jaw hung slightly agape. "It's huge," Audra whispered, trying to believe what she saw before her eyes.

The mention of being shown Avantika's room made her cheeks flush hot. Of course, she'd want to see it, but the idea of being in the girl's personal quarters made her insides squirm. Distracted by her own thoughts as they waited to be greeted, her ears flicked over to Avantika at the word girlfriend. Audra had never had anyone call her that before; let alone anyone want her to be her girlfriend. She hadn't been sure Avantika liked her like that either. Frozen with uncertainty, a wide smile broke across her face.

"I-I like the s-sound of that," Audra chimed, her nervous voice quiet as she turned her face to gently touch Avantika's shoulder. The taller girl easily stood a foot taller than her, but Audra didn't mind. Everyone was always taller than her. "Do y-you think they'll like me?" She asked hesitantly, drawing her attention back to the spooky, vine-covered castle.

audra's companions are to be assumed next to her unless stated otherwise

Artorias

"I will shield you from the darkness"

The Hallows
Lord of Cinder

Master Fighter (877)

Master Navigator (1030)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

An icon representing the specialty Fleet-footed Fleet-footed

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

Samhain 2022Running on EmptyRapid Poster - SilverBest BudsSocialiteOverachiever
Auster ExplorerPride - BisexualFestival OrganizerDream WeaverLoserGlobetrotter
UnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyWealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
Critical Dodge!Ooh La LaLegendaryExplorerWordyIce Bridge Explorer
WinnerVengeanceSnake EyesDouble MasterMammoth HunterCritical Hit!
10-24-2021, 10:37 PM

From high atop the castle walls, Artorias moved gracefully back and forth with rehearsed steps as he went through his training regiment, timing each step with a swing or parry of the sword in his jaws. His breathing was slow and heavy, his gaze focused as he counted out each step in his head, head turning as he moved to swing the blade left, right, slicing up and back down, blocking and guarding his imaginary attackers. It had been two months since his defeat to Oxx, but the wounds to his pride still felt fresh as they day he'd received them. The monster's laugh echoing in his head, his cold words sneered out between deadly fangs. It spurred Artorias and incensed the flames within his spirit. His training had intensified since his loss. The next time they met, he would walk away with the fucker's head.

His trusty raven companion Corbin flew elegantly through the warm summer wind, the day still dim as the strange events that gripped the world kept the sun at bay. Trapped in this never-ending cycle of twilight and night, this was about as bright as the days would get. What a shame, since Artorias did love the Austerian summer days. With keen avian eyes, Corbin spotted Avantika waiting at the borders with a stranger, and he swiftly flew down to land on the battlements beside where Artorias was training. "Master Artorias, your sister Avantika appears to have a visitor at the border." Artorias finished up his movement, then turned to glance over the walls. It was dark with the dusky light of midday, but he could spot Tika from a mile away. Sure enough, there was another wolf with her. Strange that she didn't call me, he thought, but slid the sword back into its sheath all the same and set it aside. No need to go greeting guests while armed.

Artorias made his way down off the walls and then strolled out of the gates and across the strip of plains towards their border. Tika had brought with her another girl, this one smaller than both Carpathian wolves, with a sweet and gentle look about her features. He greeted both women with a crooked smile and a dip of his head. "Tika, if I'd known you'd be bringing guests home, I'd have made sure to have a meal prepared." He chuckled softly, then turned fire-kissed amber eyes to the stranger. "Welcome to the Hallows. I'm Artorias, Aegis and alpha of the pack." He waited then for either Avantika to introduce her friend or for the stranger to make her own introductions. It seemed the Hallows had become quite the spot for all sorts of new wolves!

"Artorias Carpathius" | "Corbin" | "Argent"

One big happy family

Artorias has two ravens named Corbin and Eira and a fox named Argent. Assume they are within calling distance at all times.
As his mate, Briar may enter Artorias' threads unless marked Private.

Avantika

"I Will Make You Proud"

Loner

Master Fighter (245)

Master Intellectual (245)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Dikui

Samhain 2022Statue 4 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Double MasterSnake Eyes
10-25-2021, 04:08 PM

Avantika couldn't help but smile giddily as well at Audra's response. Her happiness made her happy. It was sure now, a fact that could be filed into the folder of "reasonably true", where tested theories went: Audra liked her. Not just as a friend either, a girlfriend. She wished she could turn off the blush hidden beneath her pelt as she nudged her face up into her tall shoulder. Audra was always so soft and gentle. The tendency struck Avantika as both adorable and terrifyingly vulnerable.

"Of course they will," she replied confidently. She was sure the Hallows would like her. Who wouldn't?

It didn't take long before Art showed up. Avantika should probably have howled if she didn't want to wait, but it hadn't been long and she didn't want everyone showing up all at once. Audra didn't come off as the confident social butterfly type of woman, and Avantika wasn't either. Art introduced himself. Avantika glanced at Audra, leaving her own introduction to her, but she did add to Art's, saying, "He's one of my brothers, too."

"Speech"

Her companions, a female sharp-shinned hawk named Kaata and a black-thighed falconet named Kit can be assumed to always be close by unless otherwise stated.

Audra

Somnium

Master Healer (315)

Master Navigator (495)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
ghostliem

10-26-2021, 09:22 AM

Her wide smile faltered slightly as she heard the paw steps of someone larger approach. It was a somewhat familiar scent as it was heavy around the border and Avantika's fur had a slight twinge of it as well. His crooked smile and fiery amber eyes made her feel welcomed though as Artorias drew closer and addressed Avantika first. A meal? He would have really done that? While Valhalla had been gracious, kind, and offered her plenty, they had not been this sort of cordial. His introduction was regal and Audra was in awe. Alpha and aegis and her brother? No way.

Audra's thought trailed off as she attempted to smile more courageously toward both of them. Feeling nervous and shy as always, she dipped her head respectfully toward Artorious. This being the third Alpha having met, she had some sort of idea on how to interact with that of heirarchy. When Avantika didn't introduce her and left it up to her, Audra swallowed quietly. Gosh, she sure was bad at talking but knew it had to be done.

"A p-pleasure, Artorias. I-I'm Audra, uh, Avantika's girlfriend," the words sputtered from her lips in her soft chime, but she still felt her cheeks spread in a hot flash as she said the word girlfriend. Girlfriend! It was a new and exciting thing for her. Glad that Avantika felt the same way, she wondered how her brother, the Alpha, would respond. Having never met her family before their decision, she hoped they would accept her. "Y-your castle is r-really beautiful," she murmured, tearing her eyes away from the pair to look back up to the towering spires.

Artorias

The Hallows
Lord of Cinder

Master Fighter (877)

Master Navigator (1030)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

UnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyWealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
10-27-2021, 10:08 AM

At Avantika's glance to her companion, Artorias let his gaze settle on the young woman beside his sister, raising a curious brow when she introduced herself as Audra—and as Avantika's girlfriend. A little knowing grin crept its way across his face and he looked back to Tika once more as if to confirm, but the shy, embarrassed blushes on both ladies' cheeks told him all he needed to know. Just like he'd seen between Gwynevere and Ysmir, the two wolves were very timidly and bashfully in the midst of crushing hard on one another. It made the young alpha's heart swell to see the rest of his siblings beginning to explore relationships with other wolves, especially his more demure sisters like Tika and Gwyn. "Girlfriend, huh? Tika, have you been hiding this lovely girl from us?" he teased his sister, his smile showing he meant no harm with his gentle ribbing. "Any friend of Tika's is a welcome guest of the Hallows—doubly so for her girlfriend." Artorias stepped aside and turned, gesturing the two enter.

Still unable to keep the proud grin off his face, Artorias glanced back to the Carpathian castle, feeling a swell to his heart from Audra's kind compliments. "Thank you. Our mother put all of her heart and soul into founding this pack and finding the perfect home for us. The castle is a representation of her ideals: sanctuary and shelter. A place where wolves of all walks of life can come to find peace and aid." Casting his warm gaze back over his sister and her girlfriend, Artorias gestured with a wave of his paw toward the Hallowed lands. "Make yourself comfortable and at home, Audra. I'm sure Tika will be happy to show you around. Our food larders are always open, as is our wine cellar if you partake. We have only one strict rule: refrain from any violence. Respect those who live here and you'll be fine. If either of you require anything, I'm only a call away."

A sudden thought struck Artorias. "Oh, Avantika, feel free to bring Audra with you to our Feast of Unity if she'll be here for it. The more, the merrier! And be sure to give her the grand tour and introduce her to the rest of our family. No doubt they'll be excited to meet Audra as well!" Art shot a wink to Avantika; the Carpathian wolves were a close knit family, and everyone would want to support Tika in this major life step.

One big happy family

Artorias has two ravens named Corbin and Eira and a fox named Argent. Assume they are within calling distance at all times.

Avantika

"I Will Make You Proud"

Loner

Master Fighter (245)

Master Intellectual (245)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Dikui

10-27-2021, 06:30 PM

Audra seemed respectful enough, smiling and nodding. Good. Art never seemed like the sort of guy to lord his authority over anyone, but it was good for her to make a good first impression anyway. Avantika wanted her family to like her, and she was anxious enough already that she couldn't help but think of worst-case scenarios.

When Audra introduced herself as Avantika's girlfriend, she also flushed hot in shy butterflies and she couldn't help but smile. The word sounded far too nice out of the other girl's lips. Art teased her gently, but she was so caught in the bliss of those two syllables that she couldn't even respond. But he accepted Audra into the territory, which was the important part. Avantika took a step forward and glanced back at Audra, making sure she knew that she could move forward as well, before turning her eyes back to Art. He was smiling; he was such a big proud idiot sometimes. It warmed her heart.

Art spoke of the castle, about the Hallows and their ideals. Resin's ideals, that they had all taken on as their own. Avantika would defend these beliefs and the pack that followed them with her life. She nodded as he said that she could show Audra around. He also invited Audra to the Feast of Unity. She glanced at Audra then, wondering if she'd be willing or able to go. She hoped so.

They'd walk away to tour the castle after that, and Avantika dipped her head to her brother. "Thank you, Art."

"Speech"

Audra

Somnium

Master Healer (315)

Master Navigator (495)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
ghostliem

10-28-2021, 01:06 PM

Artorias appeared so regal and kind. Audra understood now, even as he joked with Avantika, that he really did love his family and she wouldn't want to leave either if she were in Avantika's place. The castle truly, even from outside, was a sight to behold and it sounded as if their pack had a tight bond. On the inside, Audra's heart swelled with amazement, but also a little bit of jealousy. Why could she not have been raised in such a welcoming and loving home? Either way, she wasn't going to let it get her down because she was here now and that's all that mattered.

As the Aegis stepped aside to reveal more of the castle's entrance, her eyes grew even wider than she believed they could. Immaculate was the only word she could think of to describe the place. Her flushed face began to cool off as she intently listened to Art and his words. When he mentioned that violence wasn't allowed, she smiled again. "Y-you'll never have to worry about that. Killing even rabbits makes me squeamish," she chimes, a gentle nod of her head confirming that she was a pacifist through and through.

Glancing over to Avantika sheepishly, her belly squirmed with butterflies at just the thought of being shown around; and now being able to attend a feast! With the whole family? It sounded like a great idea. "I-I would be m-more than honored to attend," her quiet voice echoes after Art as she waits for Avantika to make her first steps toward the castle. More than eager to get the tour started, she had no idea how to even thank Art for his kind gesture. "T-thank you, Artorias, for welcoming me. I-it means a lot," she adds toward the Aegis with a final dip of her chin.

Following quick in step with Avantika, she let her eyes wander around to take in all of the beautiful scenery.

Artorias

The Hallows
Lord of Cinder

Master Fighter (877)

Master Navigator (1030)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

11-02-2021, 01:10 PM

Artorias tipped his chin down to nod at Audra once more when she thanked him again for allowing her in. He was still so happy for his sister and it showed in his face. Now more than ever, with the world seemingly approaching an apocalypse, friendship and love were needed more than ever. It was why this year's Feast of Unity would arguably be the most important event the Hallows ever held. Together, the pack would survive the Long Night. Alone, they would certainly fall. "Enjoy the rest of your day, ladies," he said, turning to head back into the castle and resume his work. "Oh, and please don't stay out after dark. Things are getting... dangerous." With his word of warning issued, Artorias left the two faes to explore the castle and meet the rest of the family.

- exit Artorias -

One big happy family