Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Lunarcat7

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1Ice Bridge ExplorerMammoth HunterPride - AsexualDouble Master
Critical Fail!Valentines 2020
10-31-2021, 12:59 PM (This post was last modified: 10-31-2021, 01:00 PM by Lúta. Edited 1 time in total.)
I wanted to seek, but I got distracted

Lúta scratched at her ears wishing her attempt at removing the little fungi had gone better. She had worked up the courage to remove some and suffered through the pain of it all only for the fungus to grow back with a-vengeance to the point that her hearing was significantly impaired in her left ear. Too make matters worse she had a respiratory infection, likely fungal in nature and she feared she might pick up yet another bout of pneumonia. And as if all that wasn't enough she was out on her own, a loner with no pack for support this time.

She stretched out on the warm rocks that surrounded the hot springs, waiting for her peppermint decoction to cool enough that she could apply it to her ears. Peppermint oil had antifungal properties and if she was lucky perhaps she could slow if not stop the fungal growths that plagued her. She also planned to drink the rest as a tea with some honey to soothe her throat and ease her cough.

Celeste

Somnium

Master Intellectual (375)

Master Hunter (370)

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Bunni

Samhain 2022Statue 2 WorshipDouble MasterThe Ooze Participant
11-01-2021, 08:22 AM

After washing up on the shores of what the male had called Northern Boreas, she had decided to make her way toward the east. Because why not? Making her way through various landscapes and skirting around a few pack lands, she was noticing something. The sun, a sun she was so used to welcoming every morning, never came. That big great ball of fire was never in the sky, but it also was never fully dark here? Twilight, some called it, right? She would look up every so often to the darkened skies with a confused expression. Streaking stars and myriads of dancing auroras lit her way in these peculiar times.

Not wanting to shy aware from exploring this new land, Celeste continued. Even as fog swirled around her ankles in an almost threatening way, her short legs felt lethargic. What even was this place? What could possibly be happening? Off the distance, every once in a while, she thought she saw someone familiar, but it wasn't possible here. She was a foreigner and there would be no way to see a ghost of someone. Ghosts weren't really here, were they? More and more, as she made her way east, glowing flora and fauna popped up. Small critters pulsed with a weird glow and crystals popped up on their body parts. How?

Wishing she could remember how and why she'd been on that raft crossed her mind multiple times, but it was fruitless at this point. Shivers rolled down her spine until a warm breath of air crossed her ivory cheeks. Looking up from her investigating, Celeste eyed hot springs where steamed rolled up in plumes. Ah, just the place she needed to try to unwind and relax. Approaching them, somewhat apprehensively, the wolf froze when a wolf twice her size spread out across some rocks caught her attention. Freezing as she saw small mushrooms growing from one of the ears.

Not particularly one to go sticking her nose in others' business, Celeste wondered if she should even approach. Yet, this was the first wolf she'd come across since the large red and black grumpy pants. Keeping her horned head held high, she crept closer with her tail tucked between her legs. "Are you okay?" She asks, her whispery voice slightly deeper than a female's voice ought to be. Keeping her distance just in case, Celeste watched with curious eyes. There were more questions to be asked, but being respectful was first on the list.

Lúta

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Lunarcat7

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1Ice Bridge ExplorerMammoth HunterPride - AsexualDouble Master
11-03-2021, 08:25 PM

Once the concoction was ready Lúta dipped her paws carefully in the liquid and applied it to her ears, wincing a bit at the cool yet burning sensation when the oil touched a few open cuts, caused by her scratching at the mushrooms. With that done she lapped gently at the rest, enjoying the soothing menthol on her throat. While she savored her drink a small yearling with ram-like horns appeared. She tensed. "Please, don't come closer." Thankfully the yearling seemed intent on keeping a distance. "No, I'm afraid I'm not. I seemed to have picked up a fungal infection. I don't know if I'm contagious, I don't want to infect you." She wished she knew for sure. The good news was neither of her companions had showed symptoms but they'd also taken care to keep their distance and to clean up after any contact. "There are many strange things happening in these lands. I think I contracted my illness from falling in a river of glowing algae." Well, fell wasn't quite correct. She dove head first into the river to save another girl.

Celeste

Somnium

Master Hunter (370)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Bunni

11-04-2021, 07:53 PM

It was obvious the older girl tensed at the sight of Celeste. She didn't blame her. The glowing fungi were peculiar and she didn't quite trust it herself. Watching Luta finish her concoction, she tilted her horned crown as the girl spoke to her. "I will gladly keep my distance," the small girl responded, a nervous smile on her lips as she took one more step back. There was nothing she wanted more than to not contract whatever it was these wolves had.

"A river of glowing algae?" She questioned, her eyes moving over to the hot springs the other one was strewn next to. "Are you so sure those waters are safe as well?" Celeste asks, feeling unease seep into her body. Feeling as if she should stick around to make sure the other wolf didn't die, she sat on her tush and curled her tail around her leg. "I have seen a few others who are sickened by it, but a few who have not. It appears the plants and wildlife might be a little more affected by it than we are," her voice is even, but unsure as she glances around.

Could they really be so sure it was just a fungal infection? She'd seen some howling crazy at the moon and others with crystals around their eyes. All while keeping her distance, making sure not to make contact, Celeste wasn't so sure it was safe to stay in a place like this.

Lúta

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Lunarcat7

11-04-2021, 08:45 PM

Lúta finished her drink and looked to the Hot Springs for a moment before back to the stranger. "A few of the cool pools are, but I'd avoid any with glowing life in them." She gestured higher up to some of the pools that were infected. She'd been half tempted to soak in one of the pools herself but she hated to contaminate them for anyone else. Her ears flicked forward at the mention of others infected. She nodded slowly. That made sense, there was a number of plant life and animal life that bore similar symptoms. "My name is Lúta by the way. I do have an odd potion I've debated about taking. It was not made by me but I am uncertain if it will make this better or worse. May as well try, I don't know what to do about this illness." The impulse seized her and she downed the potion.

Celeste

Somnium

Master Hunter (370)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Bunni

11-04-2021, 08:50 PM

She continued to watch the blue-coated wolf with interest. There appeared to be a sort of knowledgeable and wise aura around her that she couldn't explain. Maybe she should stick around to see what she knew. "I'm Celeste, nice to meet you," the girl comments before listening to what Luta had else to say. It was then that Luta mentioned having an odd potion that she didn't know what it did. Before Celeste could even begin to tell her that it probably wasn't a good idea, the other wolf downed it without a second thought. Her mouth dropped open in surprise, her eyes widening with fear as she waited for a reaction. "Uh, are you still alive?" Celeste whispered, paws moving her back and away from both the wolf and the hot springs. What in the world was this crazy place?

NPC

Administrator

gems
size
-
build
-
player
Admins
11-04-2021, 09:25 PM (This post was last modified: 11-04-2021, 09:28 PM by NPC. Edited 1 time in total.)
Glittering Concoction
So glittery...

You drink the concoction and fall into a deep, deep sleep. As you begin to dream, you find yourself walking down a path filled with strange mushrooms... the road diverges, and two new paths open up before you- one filled with sharp, glimmering crystals, and another shrouded with eerie mist and dancing fireflies.. which path do you choose? Or do you decide to remain down the path you're headed? Choose wisely!

You gain:
  • ???- You're not sure yet...

You lose:
  • Glittering Concoction- Smells like mushrooms, glitters like crystals.

NPC

Administrator

gems
size
-
build
-
player
Admins
11-04-2021, 09:27 PM
Celeste

It comes for us all... but you are safe... for now.

Lúta

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Lunarcat7

11-06-2021, 03:41 PM

Lúta felt the world begin to spin as she swooned. Well, that wasn't good. She muttered out a sorry toward Celeste, who she didn't want to traumatize but was fairly certain she had by now. She felt herself hit the ground, had a brief hope that she wasn't dying before she fell into a deep sleep. As she slept a dream fell upon her of a path diverging ahead. It split into a path filled with mushrooms that glittered and sparkled in brilliant colors on one, one full of sharp and beautiful crystals, and another full of mist and fireflies. Lúta swayed to some melody in her own head as she contemplated the paths. She was deeply curious about all of them but she half wondered if going down the mushroom path might enable her to find something out about her illness? Could a cure like this way? She took to her feet and chose the mushroom path.

NPC

Administrator

gems
size
-
build
-
player
Admins
11-12-2021, 07:00 PM (This post was last modified: 11-12-2021, 07:01 PM by NPC. Edited 1 time in total.)
Lúta

Presented with three choices, Lúta continues the way she was already headed. A voice seems to follow her as she walks. "Remember, dear wolf, that sometimes it pays off not to stray from the path you've carved out for yourself. Being prudent often pays out in the end." As she continues down the mushroom-lined path, Lúta is joined by a familiar friend, Ragna. As they near the end of their journey, Ragna gathers up some of the large mushrooms that line the path, placing one playfully on her head. This one is different than the others, though; it molds to her head, encasing it like a hat. It fits so perfectly that it looks as if it's grown into her head. It looks like it'd make a good battle accessory - it's even poisonous! When she wakes up, Lúta will find that her dream may not have been a dream after all...

You gain:  
  • Boosted Ragna!- Ragna just got a lot stronger.