ardent

You Can Lean On Me

Keita

gems
size
build
player
08-13-2013, 01:29 PM

Time again found her in the territory. She had often left just to seek alone time. But even here she as often alone unless she fell upon a group of other females. Out of all the females, it would seem she was the oldest, turning five this summer. It made her feel protective over the young ones. Without thinking she often roamed the borders for danger. She had also kept an eye on the youngest members. She would keep tabs on them, making sure they ate and no one would harm them. She couldn't help it. She had this over powering mothering need to watch over them. It would not help that this was her breeding season.

White figure floated with ease towards the elk. She had been watching the herd sine dawn now. With sunhigh reaching it max she had found her prey.It was a very old cow. The poor thing moved with a stiff limp but was smart enough to hide in the center of the herd. Ears laid back as she suddenly darted forwards, startling the herd. It did not take her long to cut the old cow out from the others. With a snarl she leapt at it, paws hitting the elk's side to knock it down. Like a tree falling, the cow groaned and slowly fell. As soon as it's body hit the ground, life went blank. Keita tightened her jaws around the old elk's throat. She had made it swift for the old cow.Thank you for you service to these lands. Now it is time you complete your part in the circle of life. she thought. She looked at her prize, aware she could not finish this whole elk alone. But she did not feel like calling the others. Surely they would smell the blood soon enough and come running. She tore into the belly of the elk, eating she fair share. If no one came she would call them so they could have the rest.

Speech
Thought
Others

Argent

Loner
alpha

gems
size
-
build
player
08-13-2013, 02:21 PM
Quote:She knew the smell of a kill when it hit her nose, and upon arrival she felt somewhat edgy. Argent was not a woman who often found the need to assert herself, but in this case she almost felt it necessary. Here was a woman eating, eating before any higher ranks had come. Fortunately enough for this woman, the Overseer was well aware of the current lack of pregnant women and children. Otherwise, she might have decided to afford her first punishment. Today, however, she would merely clear her throat as she approached from behind the woman.
?And if there were pregnant women and children in need of a feast?? she would chastise lightly, the cold tone of her voice harsh and irritated. ?Argent Zaldun, Overseer,? she introduced herself, almost as a test of sorts. Would this woman cave to authority and step aside, allowing those dominant to her to eat first as she should? Or would she continue to be rude?

Keita

gems
size
build
player
08-13-2013, 02:40 PM

She picked only whathe thought she deserved out of the kill, leaving the st pieces for those needing it. She had a small hope Irin would come. She liked the young shy pup. She paused to lick her jaws and stared out across the plain for a moment. Tail waved gently behind her, relaxed. Shewas slowly getting used to this pack. If you could considerit that. They had yet to really work as a team here or even to truely get to know one another.Leaving the white female not to trust hardly anyone. A voice behind her made her freze. It was not one she knew the owner to. She turned her head, snarl parting her lips, blindeye would first face the new commer. One her one green eye landed on the other she growled more. "The one who took the kill down has right to claim who should eat it. If this pack functioned more like normal cks then perhaps i would have call my fellow members. But seeing as how most of us seek isolation i did not. Do you think i am so selfish as to hold a kill against one who needs it more than i? You might be overseer but you should think about how ts pack functions and its members before speaking like that." Her own voice wa cold, the irish accent making her sou more threatening. But her stance spoke of no threat.

Who was this fmale? Marching around to boss other about. Had she not just simply asked to join, Keita had no problem with that. The other's appearance did not go unnotid either. She could see how underfed this female was. With a snort she shook her body. "Perhaps you should also take your own condition intop priority before addressing others like such. They will not take you seriously. I can tell you now there may be a few here that would strike you in the state you are in now." She sighed and scooted tothe side. "Come..eat.i felt the best parts. You need food more than i." She said before turning bacto the kill, leaving the choice up to this female.

Speech
Thought
Others

Argent

Loner
alpha

gems
size
-
build
player
08-13-2013, 02:52 PM
Quote:The woman?s response was laughable. Clearly she did not realize the rules of this pack, nor the fact that the King trusted Argent so. She was not doing this to be a bully; she was doing this to make a point. It was to be engrained in the mind of all that pregnant women were to be fed first above all others, and that large kills such as this one were to be shared. ?We clearly come from packs with different manners,? she said briskly. ?You see, I do not think Glaciem is nearly as unattached a pack as you seem to believe, and if it is then it is at the fault of members such as yourself. Do you not think that a meal would be a good way to bond and share memories? And I can certainly assure you that even as the huntress you do not get those rights. Where I come from, the weak eat, then the dominant, then everyone else. Bringing down a prey guarantees you a share, but certainly not the first share,? she spoke.
The woman?s advice was taken with a snort. ?I can handle myself, doll face,? she scoffed. ?I have fought battles in worse shape before,? she said, and it was true. Argent did not fear the wrath of a harem of jealous, petty bitches. She was confident that she could keep them all in line, and she would put this woman in line, too. ?And if they do not take me seriously, then they will be quick to learn. Let me tell you before we have any misunderstanding; I do not tolerate disrespect in any way, and so long as you do not carry life within your womb, I will not hesitate to put you in your place,? she said simply.
Perhaps she was going overboard, but Argent needed to make a point here. Consideration was to be given to other pack members before oneself, and superiors were to be respected above anyone else. ?I will call for others first, and then I will eat,? she told the woman before she lifted her head up to the sky, unleashing a welcoming howl for any who had an empty stomach.

Keita

gems
size
build
player
08-13-2013, 03:39 PM

Keita sighed softly as she listened to the other female. So young and rightous. She could not rmember if she had been like that once. Five years she had lived and all she could remember was this past year. Agrent might be right about rules. Keita was not one after all to mingle but watch from the outskirts. She observed the going ons of the pack silently. After all she had only really spoke to Isardis. She looked back at thefemale and shrugged. Backing away from the killed she settled down on her belly. "Very well then. Perhaps you are right. I do tend to be alone mostf the time. No one has spoken to me besides Isardis. And soon it would seem pups would be in my womb this summer. I am no fool is our King's plans nor i mind it. After all if i did, it would not matter. He forced claimed me like so many others here i am sure." She licked her bloodied lips before movingto her paws.

She listened to the young female call to the pack and Keita tued her green eye away. "Let the youngest eat like Irin..i worry about them. There are some here at i do not trust. The greed for power here is high.." She added. She honestly did not mind Agrent, and was rather surprised she was speaking so much. It wasnot her normal, but she did not like a younger wolf thinking that they knew more than her. They did not haveexperience like here.

Speech
Thought
Others

Argent

Loner
alpha

gems
size
-
build
player
08-13-2013, 03:49 PM
Quote:She listened to the woman, who had seemingly given in to Argent?s harsh down. Now that she no longer felt her dominance threatened, the Overseer calmed, listening to this woman to see if there was anything she could possibly do to make her feel better. ?Perhaps before now nobody has spoken to you, but I am speaking with you now, aren?t I?? she said ever so gently, and this was her plan. Isardis would bring in the girls and she would make certain they were all happy. ?Do you wish to have children?? she questioned after the first half of the woman?s speech, although Argent knew it didn?t much matter. She would have them if she wanted them or not.
The request was minded with a gentler smile and a nod. ?Of course,? she said. The youth would get to eat first; it was only right, after all, for the pack was only as strong as its weakest members. ?Greed is powerful everywhere. I can assure you, though, that I am not a greedy individual. I simply want what?s best for the pack, and I want to fulfill my duty to Isardis,? she explained gently. Part of her regretted being quite so rough earlier, but it had been necessary in her mind. She had to assert herself now; Argent Zaldun was not to be disobeyed, and the rules she enforced were not either. This woman had not disobeyed her per say, but in the silver knight?s mind she doubted that this snowy woman would now that she knew the Overseer?s stern nature.

Keita

gems
size
build
player
08-13-2013, 04:43 PM

She chuckled softly at Argent's first comment and listened to her question before replying. "I suppose so. Pups...I adore them, I crave to have them. I would not mind having pups..but I fear for their safety here. I know what could happen with jealous females. Plus if more than half the females are pregnant who will help hunt and defend? One or two wolves can not do the job. We need more members..." She replied looking back at Argent. She liked talk to this female, to voice her concerns.

She studied Argent for moment. She was a strong female through and through. She could see her filling the rule or Overseer well. "It is not you I worry about. I believe you are smart enough to learn when to add pressure and when not to. It is those who seek ranks at your level or higher that worry me. I am more than ind with being a Brood. I would not mind also caring for the younger wolves in the pack either." She explained softly.

Speech
Thought
Others

Argent

Loner
alpha

gems
size
-
build
player
08-13-2013, 05:07 PM
Quote:She would listen to the woman, and she would hope to settle her concerns. They were valid worries for any woman after all, but it was Argent?s duty to make certain everyone was happy and together, to make Glaciem the strongest pack possible. ?I can understand where you are coming from, but I will assure you that the first woman to dare lay paws on a pup will be the last,? she said. ?Either myself or Isardis himself would punish any who dare to harm the offspring of the King,? she informed. When she brought up the issue of who would hunt, the woman smiled reassuringly. ?In a given season, only so many will be left vulnerable at the same time. We are also actively looking for more males,? she said. Argent wished she could assure that she would be dutifully looking after the mothers, but she could not. Who knew, maybe she would be one of them.
?If you have problems with greedy women, let me know. I will handle it as best as I can,? she told the woman softly, and it was then that she remembered the meal. Her stomach growled, and she would look over at the woman. ?Let us split a leg between us, and leave the rest for the others,? she suggested, for that much meat would be more than enough for the both of them.

Keita

gems
size
build
player
08-13-2013, 05:55 PM

Keita would on nod, she would not tell her what she was thinking. She would kill if anyone touched her pups. A bloody massacre ould descend anyone who dare to and she would take great pleasure in dishing out the revenge. One could pass it by as just being an over protective mother, but Keita took her level fr beyond that. There was something hidden i her past, something dark and craved for blood. But it would lay dormat till something extreme would awaken it. She was glade more males would be introduced into the pack, a way to make sure inter-breeding would not happen. But would she want her pups to live here long enough to worry of such things?

She silently stood up and walked over to the kill."What happened to waiting?" She teased lightly with a smile. Jaws hooked onto a leg and she tugged on it. Muscles so well hiden rippled smoothly in her shoulders and haunches. She might not look strong or even the kind to fight even,but Keita did possess power. She was well equipted for a fight, even half blind. She had mastered the art of not showing her strength, which had helped time and time again. Slowly the leg would start to tear. "Aye...can ya tear the hip?" She grunted out through her mouthful.

Speech
Thought
Others

Argent

Loner
alpha

gems
size
-
build
player
08-13-2013, 06:13 PM
Quote:She would chuckle at the question about waiting, replying gently. ?They will have plenty when they come,? she said, for she was almost certain that they would. She helped Keita where necessary, pulling at the leg and biting, tearing it away from the rest of the body. When the task was done her white-dripped muzzle would be stained red, but it had been worth it. She would give a nod to her company before she bent down, taking a bite out of her section of the leg and hoping that Keita would feel free to do the same, although shortly after Argent had begun, of course. It was only good manners for the dominant members of the pack to eat fist, after all, and she had just established this fact.

Keita

gems
size
build
player
08-13-2013, 06:36 PM

Her jaws felt some relief when Argent started to help her. In no time did they have the leg off and between them. Haunches sat down with tail wrapped around.She watched as Argent ate not making a move to let the female have all she wanted of the leg. She tookthe time to look around them for anyone else that mighte coming. It seemed everyone was busy right now or didnt want to be bothered. With a shrug she bent her head to take a few bites of the leg. "I wonder where everyone is...and im surprised Isardis hasntmade his entrance." She noted out loud. She knew it was very possible their King could be somewhere watching like he often did. She had hoped Iin would come but guessed the young wolf was off exploring somewhere. A sense of finally having to care for others washed over her. Was this wha it felt like to be part of a pack? To feel the need to look after others?

Speech
Thought
Others

Argent

Loner
alpha

gems
size
-
build
player
08-13-2013, 06:42 PM
Quote:At the question of where everyone else was Argent shrugged. She didn?t know what the hold-up was, but they had assumed what she considered to be proper protocol. They?d taken their fair share of the kill, had left plenty for the rest of the pack, and had made certain to inform them of it.?They?ll find out about it soon enough,? she said, for either the scent would call them to it or they would all come answer the call. She wondered, indeed, where the King was. Was he away on pack business? Or perhaps he wasn?t hungry. Part of her wanted to visit him now, to check in on how he was doing and to talk to him about what she was doing, but she was ever so restrained when dealing with her master. She loved him, to the point where she feared anything might push him away.

Isardis

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
08-14-2013, 06:22 PM (This post was last modified: 08-14-2013, 06:22 PM by Isardis.)

isardis

And so the call of his Overseer, his slayer, his silver knight, would beckon him onwards; limbs shifting beneath him with famously effortless ease. Had his first lady granted him her catch? Isardis would never fail to be startled by the silver and ebony banshee, even in her current state it would seem she still had the ability to take down prey, and he doubted fellow wolves would be any exception. Though upon the albino?s casual approach, it would seem his prime warrior was not alone, but in the company of his pretty little brood, the silver woman with an imagination that stretched far beyond her petite form. A brittle smirk would twitch his lips as he swayed towards the carcass, watching proudly as they ate, pondering how they would react to his presence. ?Argent, my little blade,? he would greet her fondly before gazing upon Keita, ?Madam ?Fog?,? he would nod, chuckling weakly to himself as he strode somewhat carelessly towards the kill; unhesitantly aiming to bury his snout within the caves of it?s splintered ribs. Exactly who had killed the beast, he wondered?

Keita

gems
size
build
player
08-14-2013, 09:51 PM

She ate in tiny neat little bite, trying to keep herself clean. Ear flicked at Argent's remark to show she had listened. No more had she breathed the words out of their King that the albino made his enterance. Tongue darted out to slowly lick her lips. Oh she was all to aware that Isardis would be keeping tabs on her this summer. She dipped her head respectfully and chuckled at his greeting.Aye Greetings my Angel, my fallen star." She replied softly. She glanced at Argent before taking a few steps back and resting on her belly. She kept her distance respectful but studied Isardis carefully. Only time would tell when he would make his move o her. She was not afraid, like she said, she wanted pups. She would just like to know when.

Speech
Thought
Others

Argent

Loner
alpha

gems
size
-
build
player
08-14-2013, 09:58 PM
Quote:Isardis would enter somewhat late, but his presence was welcomed as always. Argent offered the King a bow of her head and a gentle smile. ?Look who decided to show up to the party,? she said, observing him dive into the feast. She decided that she would let him know just who had made the kill, for she certainly didn?t desire to take credit that was not hers. ?My King, Keita has made such a lovely kill, has she not? I apologize for not waiting quite long enough. We were both famished,? she said, but she hoped he would accept the etiquette she had instead taken. They hadn?t gone for the best part of the kill, and nor had they eaten too much of it.