size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Chrono I

Ooh La LaThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
10-31-2021, 07:11 PM

The scare from Serenity passing out near the mushrooms was enough to keep her inside the castle walls from this point on. She still did patrols when she was needed, but she wasn't going to get stuck somewhere and spored by toxic mushrooms and then carried away by the possessed animals to be eaten or whatever. She kept her eye on anything that glowed, and was keen not to let anything unexpected happen. Or so she thought.

While she was up on the castle walls, she slipped and cut her leg just nearly a scrape. Enough where she wasn't going to worry about it. But by the end of the day, she had noticed a mushroom sticking out of the small cut. She thought that was awfully weird until she went to flick it off and she realized it was actually stuck to her. She panicked, going to rip the mushroom off but was met with an excruciating pain when she pulled harder on it.

In a hurry, but not flailing about, she went down to Gywnevere's infirmary, closing the door behind her. As soon as her eyes met Gwyn's form, she stuck her front leg out and with a loud, concerned tone, "I need you to get this off of me." Sitting up on her haunches, she pointed at the mushroom with her other paw.

"Serenity"

Gwynevere

The Hallows
Chief Physician

Master Healer (266)

Master Intellectual (260)

An icon representing the specialty Field Medic Field Medic

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Shelby

Samhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1Double MasterPride - Demisexual
11-09-2021, 07:31 PM

Ever since the run in with that strange, etherial figure she had been more withdrawn than ever. She kept almost exclusively to the infirmary or her room, not moving around the castle unless she was going between the two places. Blue fetched food for her from the pantry so she could eat in one of the two places, keeping to the spaces where she felt most comfortable. She hadn't breathed a word of what she saw to Serenity or Ysmir out of a fear that they might think she was out of her mind with imaginings of fireflies wrapped in a cloak. Now with Eska, Artorias, and some others falling ill with sicknesses she didn't understand... Every part of her besides the quiet, focused healer in her shut down. She worked day and night trying to figure out what was going on, letting everything else fall to the way side.

She was searching through her supplies, theorizing on things they could try, when she heard the door close and she looked up and saw Serenity standing there. With how everything had been going she immediately started to worry just from the look on Serenity's face even before her attention was directed down to her friend's leg. Her tired eyes widened at the sight and her brows pulled together with confusion under her circlet as she stepped toward her to take a closer look. She settled back on her haunches as well, taking Serenity's foreleg carefully in her forepaws, turning the limb slightly and peering closely at there the mushroom was growing from what should have been a pretty shallow wound otherwise. She could see there the stem of the mushroom continued on deeper past the top layer of flesh so she couldn't even reason away that the mushroom was just somehow stuck to Serenity on the surface. "When did this happen?"

Gwynevere | Eilwen

Serenity

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Chrono I

11-09-2021, 07:46 PM

Serenity hadn't thought that Gwyn would ignore her, so she easily made herself comfortable at a seat while Gywn looked at the mushroom sprouting from her wound. When she asked, Serenity answered calmly and quietly so she didn't seem like she was shouting at her friend, "I slipped up on the walls this morning, I just noticed the mushroom now."

Raising her own paw to the Mushroom, she tried to pluck it off between her claws that she had already done prior, "It hurts really bad when I move it." She stated, almost asking Gywn to not mess with it too much, "Do you have something to like... clip it off or something?"

"Serenity"

Gwynevere

The Hallows
Chief Physician

Master Healer (266)

Master Intellectual (260)

An icon representing the specialty Field Medic Field Medic

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Shelby

Samhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1Double MasterPride - Demisexual
11-11-2021, 06:32 PM

The wheels in Gwyn's mind were turning as she examined the mushroom that had sprouted from Serenity's scrape, making the connection between the fact that it only showed up once the skin was broken. So it had something to do with the blood exposed flesh maybe combined with he mushroom spores she had been exposed to... The bit of information about how much it hurt to move it both surprised her and didn't. She had already decided that it was growing from within the wound instead of on top of the flesh itself so it must be anchored somehow either on flesh or bone. The thought made her skin crawl, but she didn't have time to really dwell on it as her friend questioned her on if she had something that could snip it off. "Um... Yes, yes of course." She turned and moved back into the room, retrieving a small, sharp knife that she had found among some other healing related supplies in the castle like bandages and glass jars. "Tell me to stop if you need me to," she said once she had the scalpel tucked firmly between her toes in one paw and had the other paw carefully stabilizing the mushroom. She started gently and skillfully slicing around the base of the mushroom to try and remove it without pulling it out.

Gwynevere | Eilwen

Serenity

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Chrono I

11-11-2021, 07:45 PM

Gywn went to the back to grab something to remove the mushroom, and she tried to resist flinching as she stabilized the mushroom in her paws. If it hurt, it only did for a second as Gywn had pretty steady hands. She started slicing the mushroom which was all fine at first, but it seemed like once she got close to the center that there was some sort of nerve or something attached there that she could feel. Maybe it was just her imagination, but she couldn't help the wince from what she felt. She didn't ask Gywn to stop though, deciding to power through.

As Gywn got to the center though, the pain was getting just a bit unbearable, and Serenity took her other paw and slammed it down on the knife and flat surface and got rid of the problem quickly. Or so she thought. It was only seconds later that the mushroom almost magically sprouted before their eyes, showing three heads. Whatever ease Serenity felt cutting off the mushroom was gone as she passed out from the sight of the growing plenty.

"Serenity"

NPC

Administrator

gems
size
-
build
-
player
11-13-2021, 02:15 PM
Serenity

The sickness deepens... You are temporarily disabled by your illness (-15% in all fights and races until event's conclusion).

You gain:
  • A Temporary Debuff- You're pretty sick. You get -15% in all fights and races until event's conclusion.