gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Nyx

Samhain 2022Pride - PansexualThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
11-10-2021, 11:54 PM (This post was last modified: 11-12-2021, 09:07 PM by Nyx. Edited 3 times in total.)
Whatever kind of place this was, well... Nami had never seen anything like it before. And that wasn't even taking the strange circumstances that these lands had found themselves in (and that she had found herself in into account. More than once she found herself wondering if she ought to make the journey back home and face the consequences of abandoning her family, but traveling in such circumstances seemed reckless at best. The sun seemed to be hiding away, as if afraid of what had become of the world, and truthfully Nami didn't blame it... she was finding herself increasingly edgier as the world grew darker. Never before had she been afraid of the dark but now she found herself longing for sunlight like a starved animal looking for scraps of food. At least here, at the edge of the land, the sky was free of trees that might block out what limited light was left. Even the glimmer of the stars and moon wasn't enough to calm her anxious soul - and it certainly didn't help with the ooze.

At first she hadn't thought much of it. The fluid that oozed from the nose and eyes was about the same texture as snot, but the color increasingly became brighter and brighter. As the days went on her symptoms only worsened - she could only suspect she'd caught something that her body wasn't used to from these lands, but part of her worried incessantly that she was dying and that no one could save her. Trying to brush away the paranoia growing in her mind, she sought comfort in the sound of the ocean waves lapping at the shore, a familiar sound that took her back to her familiar homelands. Beneath her paws was a beach of jet black sand, a far cry from the pale beaches she was used to. At least the waves of the sea seemed unchanged, at least that she could tell so far...

Zora

Loner

Beginner Intellectual (0)

Beginner Navigator (0)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Iko

The Ooze Participant
11-12-2021, 09:01 PM (This post was last modified: 11-12-2021, 09:05 PM by Sparrow. Edited 2 times in total.)

Strange and wonderous things were happening in the world! Night fell and the sun never woke up. Stars streaked across the dark sky and mists and fog filled up the lands beneath. Little animals grew and glowed along with magical crystals and fascinating mushrooms! The creatures dripped a glowing liquid as they hobbled along. It was mesmerizing! And the fireflies! They were blue and bumbled around everywhere one looked. The whole atmosphere was like a theme park!

As Zora neared the ocean, she spotted another wolf in the dark and greeted them from afar, ♥Beautiful night, isn't it! Not that I can really tell if its supposed to be night or not, but it's beautiful all the same!♥

♥♥

Zora has the goal to kiss 100 wolves! You have been warned invited!
Kiss Count: 3/100

Nami

Tojo-kai
Kariudo

Novice Navigator (20)

Advanced Hunter (85)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Nyx

11-12-2021, 09:18 PM
Though Nami was always glad for company, at the same time she didn't want to be too close to anyone give her current state. If she was dying she was definitely contagious - and though she tried to push those paranoid thoughts from her mind they kept returning, over and over. The bobtailed wolf was no stranger to anxiety but this was a different sort and it felt stifling, though someone nearby was a welcome and much-needed distraction. She managed a smile even as she coughed a little, choking down some of the ooze as she tried to force out a greeting. "Ah, yes, I suppose it is. Don't get too close - I'm afraid I've caught something quite bad," Nami explained from afar. She hoped it wasn't too much of a deterrent - they could still hold a conversation from afar, right? It wasn't ideal but then again neither was being sick, and she wouldn't force this on anyone if it did happen to be contagious.

Zora

Loner

Beginner Navigator (0)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Iko

The Ooze Participant
11-12-2021, 09:27 PM

The other wolfess agreed, warm eyes meeting Zora's, but she cautioned her away, saying she was sick with something. Zora could head it in her voice, and see it in her ooze, but was not altogether deterred. Healing was part of her training after all, though she had to admit she hadn't seen anything quite like this before.

♥Tell me what ails you,♥ she asked in her softest voice, coming slowly closer to the woman. ♥Do not be afraid, I can try to help.♥ If allowed, Zora aimed to come close to the other wolf to give a better inspection. She paused briefly, giving a gently and slow bow of her head, ears tucked lightly and tail still to show she was not a threat. ♥I'm Zora,♥ she said, head still bowed as her eyes met the ground in respect. ♥But you can call me whatever you please, if it helps.♥ She waited for the other to give her permission, to give her symptoms, anything that might help.

♥♥

Nami

Tojo-kai
Kariudo

Novice Navigator (20)

Advanced Hunter (85)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Nyx

11-13-2021, 10:01 PM (This post was last modified: 11-13-2021, 10:03 PM by Nami. Edited 1 time in total.)
The stranger's warmth was comforting, and helped her find some solace, even if it was temporary. She tried to stifle a cough but instead some of the bright liquid bubbled past her lips, and she made to wipe away at it with a paw, feeling suddenly embarrassed by her current state. This woman was so kind, so comforting, that all she could think was that she didn't want to be meeting her like this - no, anything but this. "I... I'm not sure what's wrong with me. I've been feverish it..." Talking seemed to exacerbate her symptoms and she began to cough up another round of bright blue ooze, wiping at her mouth again with her paws. It was obvious now that the fluid was leaking from her mouth and eyes, staining her pale cheeks. "I'm Nami. I.. I understand if you want to leave. I don't know what this is, or if it's contagious," she admitted, her voice shaking slightly. The fearful thoughts inside her head didn't seem to want to let up. She wasn't worth helping, wasn't worth the risk, Zora had no need to stay and help her - no one did.

Zora

Loner

Beginner Navigator (0)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Iko

The Ooze Participant
11-13-2021, 10:31 PM

The woman explained that she had been feverish and Zora hummed lightly. The other coughed up glowing fluid. Now, for sure, Zora had never seen anything like it. She tilted her head. Nami was her name. ♥What a wonderful name, Nami,♥ Zora said in a calm, hushed tone. Nami suggested she leave, saying the sickness could be contagious. Zora shrugged, ♥Well, if I get sick, I will definitely understand the symptoms better, won't I?♥ She aimed to make brief eye contact with the other wolf, offering a soft smile.

♥I have something that might help with that cough, however. Since the weather's been cold, I've been keeping it on me- never know when a cold will creep up on you.♥ Zora offered the other woman some dried herbs. They weren't strong, but they should help with the cough. She moved slowly, deliberately as not to cause stress or startle. ♥If we can at least get the symptoms under control,♥ she said, moving to help wipe Nami's glowing tears with the back of her velvet paw, ♥Then we can begin to look deeper into their cause, how does that sound, Nami?♥

♥♥

NPC

Administrator

gems
size
-
build
-
player
11-14-2021, 11:27 AM
Firefly Shoppe- Zora

It comes for us all... but you are safe... for now.

Your attention blurs and refocuses. It feels as if you are in a dream as you find yourself alone in the mist. Fireflies gather and light the way to a table with a figure waiting behind it. On the table lay three items, with their prices beside them. "Choose w̶̢̧͉̥̻̟͈͙̽̉̆̿̈͒͋̓̇̍͌̇̎͠͝ì̵̢̝̄͐́͆̓̚ṣ̶̛͙̟͎̤̞̤͎̹̙̭̪͔̓̐̾̂͆̄͆͌̈̈́̏̚͜͝͠ȩ̴͔̱̗̜̾̉̀̓̀͆͛̊̂̍̕̚̚̚ͅl̵̢̦̲̼̠̖̜̺̮̜̺͋̈́y̴̧̨̧̪̗̥̘͇̾͑͗͜͠, and only choose o̷͕̭̊̃̌̊̏̀ņ̸̼͚͉͔̒͐̊e̵̮̯͛̔̀̑͜," the figure says, looming over the table as his eyes seem to peer into your soul. Are they... moving? "If you can afford it... wait, it doesn't seem you can. That's a shame. Maybe next time." With that and a wave of his hand he disappears into the night.

NPC

Administrator

gems
size
-
build
-
player
11-15-2021, 07:01 PM
Nami

The sickness deepens... You can't shake the feeling that this ooze is affecting your mind... you feel much less skilled.

You lose:
  • 30 Navigation Points - Wow, you forgot everything you knew!