size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
skelle

Samhain 2022Statue 5 WorshipThe Ooze Participant
11-15-2021, 08:24 PM
The crystals sticking out of moms eye was of a great concern to the little spider girl, and so when no was was looking she was quick to leave the den and explore her home in search of maybe some answers. She dripped some strange wet stuff too, but the only thing around that she could see were mushrooms, crystals, and blue fireflies everywhere. Widow didn't have a clue what any of these things were or meant, but she gathered samples gently and was quick to bring them back to the den, where she was safe and out of the eyes of everyone else. Her brothers were probably out playing, being rough, and doing who knows what boys do. Widow much preferred staying inside and investigating moms strange sickness.

She gathered crystals since that was what plagued her mother, but the mushrooms as well just in case. She wasn't sure what to do with either of them now that she had them, but at least the first step was finished. Now, she just needed to run some tests! Of course, she wouldn't be silly enough to try and eat or taste either of them, but that didn't prevent other tests from being ran. For starters, she threw a crystal into a wall. With her dexterous paws, it was easy to grip the crystal tightly and launch it into the wall, but it did little to even scrape it's hard surface. Moments later she followed through with chucking the mushroom at the wall, and that had a much different reaction. The mushroom simply bounced off the wall quietly. Something seemed to lift off the mushroom, dust maybe? Mom probably wouldn't be happy knowing she was playing with them in the den, much less at all. That didn't stop the little rebel girl though, she would find a way to take care of moms infection!

"Speech!"

TABLE & CODE © SKELLE 2021
Commissions are open! Check out my shop here!

PSA: I own widow's design as of 2/25/2022

Viscera

Loner

Advanced Fighter (95)

Beginner Healer (0)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Virgil

The Ooze Participant
11-16-2021, 12:51 AM

CAUSE YOU CAN'T GET INTO HEAVEN

Returning from an adventure in the misty lands that had quickly become his playground, the young Klein spectre wandered in the general direction of his sister's scent. She had gotten herself set up on the outskirts of the redbud nook and was busily fiddling with the strange glowing stuff that mama had resolutely forbidden them from messing with. From a distance, he could see her hefting the small objects laid out around her and launching them at the nearest hard surface. Each time they landed, she was quick to collect them again. Her dark form was nearly invisible amidst the mists and dark boulders. From the undergrowth, the little ghost of a child found his dappled form blended in somewhat with the mists but not nearly as well as hers. A pang of envy shot through him for a moment. It would be kind of nice to be able to disappear amidst the dark stone of the volcano. Watching her toss the mushroom at a rock, he couldn't help but cast his mismatched gaze about in search of potential onlookers. Mama would be pretty mad if she caught wind of this. He couldn't exactly start whining about it, since he'd almost instantly gone off and murdered a small animal that had been infected with the same weird glow.

Sauntering up with his tail high and shoulders back, the pallid child grinned lazily at Widow. "What are you up to?" he asked, peering around her shoulder to see what had happened to her little toys. "You know if mama finds out, you're dead meat, right?" he added with a wry grin and a little wag of his downy banner. He couldn't help adding a little bit of anxiety to the conversation, since watching her panic might be just the tiniest bit funny.

""

IF YOU HAVEN'T GOT A SOUL

Widow

Hellborn
Queen of Hell

Master Fighter (248)

Master Intellectual (240)

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
skelle

11-16-2021, 01:09 AM
Widow was happy throwing crystals and mushrooms at the rocks by herself, but of course one of her brothers had to find her. Better than her mom, but was it really? Upon finding out it was one of the twins, she narrowed her eyes in a silent dare to tattle on her. She didn't know what she'd do about it.. but she was bigger and older than all the rest of her stinky brothers, so they had to listen to her! Yeah, that worked!

She scowled at the larger twin and snorted at him. As if a stupid boy would know what she was doing anyway. "I'm trying to help her, stupid!" She spat, though laughed childishly afterwards. "She has crystals like these stuck to her, I'm trying to figure them out." She said as she held her chin high, but only for a moment. Once she realized that it made her stand tall, she was quick to shrink back in on herself to make her appear smaller than she was. Too bad it hardly worked.

"Speech!"

Viscera

Loner

Advanced Fighter (95)

Beginner Healer (0)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Virgil

The Ooze Participant
11-16-2021, 01:24 AM

Of course, she didn't take the bait. He wouldn't readily admit it, but he knew that Widow was pretty smart. Smart enough to know that he wouldn't bother snitching to mama about her little games with the crystals and the mushrooms. When she insisted that she was trying to make herself useful, he glanced back down at the assortment of toys she'd accumulated. One brow quirked dubiously, he looked back up to her gilded features. Well, if that's how she wanted to go about it, he wasn't about to argue. He was going to be snarky about it, though. "By throwing them at rocks?" he questioned, making a show of bumping the curve of one obsidian talon against the crystal that lay near his paws. Seemed like a weird way to go about investigating the weird crystals, but okay.

"What's that going to do?" he asked next, half curious and half attempting to prod her temper. His own nimble paws closed loosely around that same crystal, and lifted it closer to his face to inspect. The glow had diminished considerably now that it wasn't attached to anything, and there was a strange thrumming in his ears as he looked at it. He placed it carefully back in the dirt, deciding that anything that made his brain buzz angrily in his skull was probably not worth messing with just to make his sister a little bit angrier. "Aren't you worried about getting sick from touching them?" he asked next, brows furrowing for just a moment before he set about wiping his paw in the dirt. Maybe he should wash it off a bit better before going back home later.

""

Widow

Hellborn
Queen of Hell

Master Fighter (248)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
skelle

11-16-2021, 01:42 AM
While he may have thought that he had a point, Widow was one step ahead. Of course throwing the crystals and mushrooms at the rocks looked meaningless, but in fact she was actually testing their strength. The crystals were hard and strong, the mushrooms softer and pliable. Were they opposites of each other? Did one negate the other? There were a million questions running around in her mind even just thinking about his question. "The crystals on moms eye are hard right? I'm trying to see what breaks them. And the mushrooms just in case, I guess." She shrugged. At least she was having fun doing it.

He brought up if she was worried about getting sick and if she were being honest, she wasn't. They had been nursing off of their mother while she was infected, spending time close with her even if she did keep herself cleaned up... it just didn't add up. "I think we already would be, with mom having it while we nursed?" Her tone was questioning and unsure, since she certainly didn't know if they were at a greater risk coming into contact with the crystals and mushrooms growing around Habari versus their mother.

"Speech!"

Viscera

Loner

Advanced Fighter (95)

Beginner Healer (0)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Virgil

The Ooze Participant
11-16-2021, 11:12 PM

Surprising no one, his sister was quick to explain her reasoning. He couldn't argue with her methods, since he didn't have any better ideas. He shrugged lightly when she finished her explanation, and nudged the crystal further away with his paw. Once again, she offered up a reasonable retort to his question about infection. It made sense. If their mama had been sick while nursing, they probably would have gotten sick too. He sighed heavily and frowned at the assortment between the two of them. "Yeah, I guess." he muttered, a little quieter this time. He knew he was beat, but that didn't mean he had to be happy about it.

Eventually he looked back up from his paws at his sister, mismatched eyes pinning her under their eerie stare. His frown eased into something more akin to acceptance. If you can't beat 'em.. "Do you want help?" he asked her, already reaching for the mushroom just beyond where he'd dropped the crystal. It might be a good way to kill time, at the very least. Without looking up at his sister, he added "I can try to cut them open with my claws, too."

""

Widow

Hellborn
Queen of Hell

Master Fighter (248)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
skelle

11-17-2021, 01:00 AM
Her brother was quick to agree, even if he did seem a bit defeated about it. Widow was right though, at least she thought anyway. It only made the most sense, but maybe she should ask mom later. Maybe she had more answers that she wasn't telling them. If she could convince mom to tell her those answers, then maybe it would help her research! It was worth a shot, anyway. Her thoughts were traveling, but when her brother offered his assistance to cut open the mushrooms with his talons she decided to accept.

"Sure, I'm going to start hitting the crystals together and see what happens." She said, moving some more mushrooms over to him only then to collect some more crystals. Grabbing one between her dexterous paws, she leaned back on her rear to sit up as she smacked the crystal in her paws into the crystal laying flat on the ground.

"Speech!"

NPC

Administrator

gems
size
-
build
-
player
Admins
11-18-2021, 08:34 PM
Widow

A thick fog suddenly rolls in, making it hard to breathe.

You gain:
  • Crystal (1)- Used in Firefly's Shoppe, and perhaps elsewhere...