Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
NachoMumma

Wordy1KRaiderDream WeaverTeacherStudent
Double MasterSamhain 2022Statue 5 WorshipThe Ooze Participant
10-16-2021, 07:07 AM

Modesty was growing used to the ever present dark. While her siblings might have been searching for some deeper meaning, Modesty felt if she was supposed to know what the grand revelation was to be, well, she would have heard about it by now. Archon could reach out to her in her dreams, she was sure. So she could only think this all pointed to some great lesson she was supposed to learn, best to bask in it, and absorb all she could, lest she missed the most important part while she was busy taking notes.

So she sat on the dark shore, watching the water before her roil with bioluminescent clouds, a universe reflected from the cloudless sky above. Under such a pregnant moon, she was pretty sure she could make out the islands that made up Ashen if she squinted really hard. She hadn’t felt a single pang of homesickness since she had left, not like Pont and Faith had. Her feet shifted in the black sand as she looked back to the waves, wondering what monstrous sea beasts might make their presence known with their world now illuminated.

"speech".

I saw you change into a goddess
Holy, devine in your power

Venom

Loner

Master Fighter (275)

Master Intellectual (279)

An icon representing the specialty Bulwark Bulwark

An icon representing the specialty Bard Bard

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
KatG6

TeacherIsland HopperSamhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipSocialiteBest Buds
HomebodyWinnerAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
VengeanceOverachieverOoh La LaWealthyMammoth HunterFestival Organizer
ExplorerIce Bridge ExplorerBeeventLegendaryWordySnake Eyes
Double MasterHalloween 2020 - Witches HutGold Medal 2020Valentines 2020Dream WeaverVolcano
Critical Hit!Christmas 2019Trick 2019Costume Contest 2019Promptober 2019
10-18-2021, 01:18 PM (This post was last modified: 01-04-2022, 03:19 PM by Venom. Edited 1 time in total.)
Venom hadn’t taken her eye off of the black beaches that could just barely be seen from the island’s shores. Ashen had taken a rough blow with the splitting of her family, Toxicity being exiled and Chimera taking his own path, her debt to him paid. Both events leaving Ashen permanently changed. Not that they hadn’t been through change before. They were expanding, splitting apart hurt for a while, but already her children were taking the ranks left behind. They needed room to spread their wings, as Plague made apparent to her by what happened with Kiyohime.

They were closing in on their first birthday, a perfect opportunity to begin the path to the destination in life. For now, Venom scoped out the dark beaches here, still desiring this place for herself. One day, once her children came into their own. Her thoughts on her own brood when her sunset gaze fell on the form of Modesty. Venom would never forget the day her nieces and nephew were revealed to the world and the pack. It had been such an incredible experience.. It hurt to think about now with the crevice driven between her and her sister.

”The night isn’t safe anymore.” She said softly, ”You should be with your mother.” Venom disagreed with Toxicity but the woman would never wish harm on her or her children that she had known practically their whole lives.

Obsidian Beach
[Image: ven-sig.png]

Modesty

"The Audacity™"

Raiders Hollow
Raid Queen

Master Navigator (306)

Master Intellectual (260)

An icon representing the specialty Fleet-footed Fleet-footed

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
NachoMumma

12-17-2021, 10:37 PM

A familiar voice crossed the dark expanse between them and Modesty’s tail thumped against the sand in response, a smile splitting her face at the sight of her Aunt. The girl lacked any sense of danger, and she was just happy for the company, despite all the strange goings on around them. "I’m big enough to be on my own for a bit now." Her voice was bright despite their ominous surroundings. "Besides, it’s not that far back to the swamp, and I’ve got a friend that’s never too far away. Y’don’t have to worry about me!" She supposed it would be appropriate to get up and offer her former Empress a proper greeting, but they weren’t on Ashen land and she wasn’t an Ashen wolf anymore. The space next to her was still open if the other woman wanted to join her though. "How is everyone?" She finally bought herself to asking. Not that it was any of her business, but she had no hard feelings for the wolves they had left behind.

"speech".

Venom

Loner

Master Fighter (275)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
KatG6

HomebodyWinnerAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
Double MasterHalloween 2020 - Witches HutGold Medal 2020Valentines 2020Dream WeaverVolcano
12-20-2021, 01:01 PM
Venom wasn’t really sure what kind of reaction she might receive from the beautiful young woman, but such a welcoming one was one of the least expected. She knew not what Toxicity said about her, probably everything she was accused of at their spat, but she no longer cared. She was erased from her life and with that Venom didn’t expect to have a relationship with her offspring. Modesty challenged that thought.

The Empress gave the girl a benevolent smile in return, truly pleased to be greeted as such. ”You speak the truth. I don’t give you enough credit.” Modesty was of royal blood, no matter the breakdown between herself and the girl’s mother. Venom took the offer of a seat beside her niece. She lowered herself to her haunches and allowed her silver marked tail to curl around her hip. ”Everyone was quite well before the long dark started. Many have been touched by the glow of sickness.” She added, allowing her anxiety over her loved ones well being to filter through her voice. ”How are your siblings?” She added as her sunset gaze lifted to Modesty’s dual toned gaze.

Modesty

"The Audacity™"

Raiders Hollow
Raid Queen

Master Navigator (306)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
NachoMumma

12-23-2021, 12:18 AM

The younger wolf beamed when her aunt admitted to not giving her enough credit, but the expression was quickly replaced with one more sombre. News of the glowing sickness was troubling. It seemed to be everywhere.

When she enquired after her siblings however, the girl could only offer the same shrug she had to her uncle, concern clear on her face as she responded once again, "Just… sad," She hadn’t really checked in on them since the sun disappeared if she was honest, because it was a real struggle to be around either of them when they were the way they were. "Mum told us it wasn’t safe for us to stay, that you’d banished us all. I mean, I wanted to go on an adventure anyway, so I didn’t mind, but they’re different. It’s been kinda great to get out of the incense and oil routine… But I think they’re really homesick. It’s not like any of us had been too far from the shrine before. Everything is so big out here, big and strange, and even stranger now." She hadn’t stopped to think that her words might hurt the other wolf. Venom had asked, and Modesty had answered. Lying had just never been her nature.

"speech".

Venom

Loner

Master Fighter (275)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
KatG6

01-04-2022, 02:30 PM
The girl basked in her aunt’s praises, and Venom was struck how unlike her mother she was. The Empress kept an open mind, maybe that was part of the reason Toxicity had tried to undermine her. Her once sister would never be pleased with the performance of another, Venom learned early on that no one was perfect. The standard would never be met of one’s own volition. Not that Venom would utter these convictions to the girl right now. Instead her ears swiveled forwards as Modesty described her siblings as sad, going on.

Toxicity said they were banished along with her, but Venom said no such thing. She wanted Toxicity out and anyone who wished to follow was free to go. Knowing the children’s.. Yearling’s paws were forced Venom had to stifle the revelation of her emotions. Keeping her expression neutral as the girl went on. It was a big world. Venom had never been a loner, the closest had been when they were forced to flee because of the Volcano.

”I would have welcomed any of you to remain in Ashen,” She started quietly, though she had no reason to believe Venom over her own mother. ”Sadness is a conservative emotion considering the events around us. The world certainly isn’t right.” Because of the long night and so much more. ”I hope they find their way, i hope we call come out of this to see the sunlight again.” The Empress concluded softly.

Modesty

"The Audacity™"

Raiders Hollow
Raid Queen

Master Navigator (306)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
NachoMumma

01-22-2022, 06:38 PM

Modesty’s head tipped ever so slightly to the side when her aunt mentioned they would have been welcome to remain. A small smile pulled at the corner of her mouth. Would it have changed anything for her? No, she probably would have ended up leaving one way or the other, but her siblings? "Next time I see them, I’ll mention it, just in case they want to come back. I think it’d help to know that they didn’t have to leave, that there wasn’t any danger to us…" But, her siblings were also very loyal to their mother, and her god, and she too had seen with her own eyes. Her mind just couldn’t connect those smiling eyes with casting out and destruction.

This seemed like a good place to leave it for now, she supposed. She stood and bowed down towards the water, her toes stretching between the dark glittering sand as the sea roiled and frothed with glow before her. When she was back upright, she gave her aunt a wide farewell smile. "It isn’t night unless the sun rises again. Nothing is permanent." She said the words with optimistic certainty. This too would pass, once they had learned the lessons they needed to know.

"speech".

Venom

Loner

Master Fighter (275)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
KatG6

01-28-2022, 09:39 AM
Modesty looked slightly surprised, but if her account was true she never knew she could have stayed. It was an easy assumption that Toxicity made, but there hadn’t ever been clarification. No one had explicitly asked if they could remain, but the word would be spread. Venom trusted Modesty to do that. ”Thank you, Modesty.” She returned softly, but the girl looked like she was beginning to wrap their encounter. Venom could feel their time together coming to a close. The Empress was oddly satisfied with their little talk. She still had affection for all of them, but she didn’t have any idea how they felt about her now. Especially with Toxicity so fundamentally misunderstanding her.

”You are wise beyond your years.” Venom smiled in return, assured now she had far underestimated her niece. Perhaps this would not be the last she saw of her once sister’s offspring. Maybe there could be reconciliation one day. ”Fare well, and if you do find yourself in need of your aunt… I will be there.” She promised her.