An icon representing the specialty Anatomist Anatomist

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

LegendarySamhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1By the skin of my teethOverachiever
Festival OrganizerMammoth HunterIce Bridge ExplorerWinnerPride - AsexualBeevent
Double MasterVolcanoExplorer1KChristmas 2019Trick 2019
Promptober 2019
12-16-2021, 06:39 PM

Álarr scoured the shrubs and clumps of plant life that grew along the banks of the great river. Last spring he'd found some Avens growing here and he hoped to find more so that he could harvest the roots. That was one problem with harvesting a root, he had to pull up the whole plant and that meant it wouldn't grow up in that spot again unless it had seeded itself well enough the previous year. He planned at some point to try transplanting avens into a little garden for himself and seeing if he could develop better harvesting practices. That would have to wait though. His first goal was to repopulate his stores after that hellish winter.

Voodoo

Loner

Intermediate Fighter (40)

Intermediate Healer (30)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Kingpedle

Samhain 2022Pride - Lesbian
12-16-2021, 06:51 PM
Voodoo heard a rumor. At least a stranger had told her the south was a good place to gather herbs. While she didnt want to be purely a hraler, she had chosen that pack for her pack. The young yearling would stop however when she noticed a huge wolf. She had only seen a few and while she sat at thirty eight inches this one was huge. Voodoo noticed that he seemed to be fiddling with some plants.

"What is that your gathering?" she stayed a distance away. Almost appearing ghostly as the kleins appearance was nearly monochrome aside from her purple eyes. Regardless curosity shown through her thirst for knowledge making her hope the wolf knew a thing or two about healing.

Álarr

Avalon
Beta

Master Fighter (330)

Master Healer (246)

An icon representing the specialty Defender Defender

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

LegendarySamhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1By the skin of my teethOverachiever
Promptober 2019
12-16-2021, 07:03 PM

Álarr's ears flicked back as he heard movement followed shortly by a young voice. He lifted his head and turned to see a striped yearling. He wondered if she was a healer in training considering her interest in what he was doing. "Avens. Also called Colewort." He gestured to the thin, wiry plant that stood about a foot and a half high. It was full of dark green leaves, covered in fine hairs. "You have an interest in the healing arts?" He asked as he set to digging. It was the root he was after so if he wanted to get to it he'd need to dig. Pulling on the stem would only snap it.

Voodoo

Loner

Intermediate Healer (30)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Kingpedle

12-16-2021, 07:34 PM
She was happy when she was given an answer. Avena or colewort. She would make an effort to commit that to her memory. Voodoo got closer she could smell another pack on him, but she didnt quiet know what that insinuated. She wanted to see the plant. Voodoo was about to say something he spoke. Asking her if she was interested in the healing arts.

"Im a healer in training yes." she didnt know how else to say. Voodoo wasnt sure how to act around a stranger. Yet she did want to know more. "What does it treat?" there werent many herbs she knew and the more she remembered andearned,, the better.

Álarr

Avalon
Beta

Master Fighter (330)

Master Healer (246)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Promptober 2019
12-16-2021, 07:52 PM

Nothing like spring to bring the healers out in full force. As he suspected the girl was also a healer, well healer-in-training. Though he'd never heard of a healer, no matter how experienced, that wasn't in continuous training. There was more to learn than could ever really be learned. Though, if he lived as long as his father maybe he'd get close. He kept digging until he revealed the two inch rhizome. Using his teeth he snipped it free and pulled up the plant before setting it aside. "Avens root can help slow bleeding when applied to a would, usually in a poultice. It can also help prevent infection. I've heard it can help with fevers but I haven't tried it for that use before. Ah, I should probably introduce myself. My name is Álarr."

Voodoo

Loner

Intermediate Healer (30)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Kingpedle

12-18-2021, 09:45 AM
The girl was more than eager to listen. She nodded her head inspection the root as he explained. It could be made into a poltice for wounds! This would be useful to her pack for sure. Voodoo looked at Allarr and smiled gently. "It was rude of me not to introduce myself as well. Im voodoo." she left her family name out. She was proud but far too young to be saying she was a klein without expecting a negative possible experience.

"Would you mind if I collected some? Now that the darkness is over the herbs have been popping up, ive been trying to learn all I can." not to mention perhaps she could impress Recluse. Not that she was too concerned, she still wasnt even sure about being a healer. She loved healing but she wanted the thrill of the fight too. She tried to wish the worry away as she concentrated on the Avens.

Álarr

Avalon
Beta

Master Fighter (330)

Master Healer (246)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Promptober 2019
12-24-2021, 09:32 AM

He listened politely as the girl introduced herself as Voodoo. Álarr wrapped and tucked the root away in his pack for the journey home, grateful to have the useful knapsack as a method of carrying his stores. It allowed him to gather more on a trip and travel farther than he could just carrying them in his mouth or a small scrap of hide.

"Not at all, go right ahead. Spring is a good time to gather this root. Rather unusual as most are best gathered in the fall." He usually focused on the plants that were flowering but Avens root took awhile to dry and cure and was a useful item to have in his stores with Fireside being a fight-minded pack in that they would not shy away from a fight in defending territory or livestock. While the livestock had their benefits and were a life saver during last winter their presence did tend to attract other predators looking for an easy meal.

Voodoo

Loner

Intermediate Healer (30)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Kingpedle

12-24-2021, 08:53 PM
Voodoo couldnt help a little tail wag she listened to what he said and took note of it. She could only assume it was an exception because of the darkness. She didnt comment although as she went to work. She mimicked him, digging to get to the source. It took her a minute, but just like some other plants she harvested it with no issue.

"Thank you for showing this to me, I didnt think another pack enjoyed sharing." Voodoo was curious about pack politics. It didnt highlight her life but she was not dumb and could smell one of the other packs same as he probably knew where she was from. Maybe she should ask her mother what proper ettiquet was outside of the pack. That or recluse.

Álarr

Avalon
Beta

Master Fighter (330)

Master Healer (246)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Promptober 2019
12-25-2021, 03:09 PM

Álarr stretched, rolling his shoulders a bit to settle his pack evenly across his back. It was a good point she made and it wasn't like him to share so much knowledge so willingly with another pack wolf, particularly one that was not an ally of Fireside as far as he was aware. However, Voodoo was young, and after the particularly hellish winter it might not be a bad idea for Boreas to train more experienced healers. Perhaps the next time something like that happened again the healers could share enough knowledge with each other to find a cure. "In all honestly, it would be frowned upon, but my knowledge is mine to give if and when I so choose." A raven's call echoed through the air. Brynhildr. It was time to get going. "I wish you luck in your future endeavors, it seems I must go." He dipped his head in farewell and turned to go.

-exit-