gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Critical Fail!Valentines 2020
12-04-2021, 12:40 AM
Aurielle Adravendi

She hadn’t been fully lucid or clear of mind when Fidelias had come with the news of Justice and Domari’s deaths. Now that she was fully able to realize and understand the losses, the Spirit felt wan. Paladin had gone, too, and she wasn’t sure how to fathom the thought that the healer wouldn’t be there anymore.

The pack would need to come together now that it seemed the plague was lifting. But first she needed to seek out those who had been ill, to check in on them, and then speak with Fidelias and properly acknowledge his loss. Justice had been her cousin, but Fidelias had lost his mother, and so far as she knew, there was no word on whether Arne and Kaija were alright.

Please let them be alright. Let them have avoided the entire thing. It was a vain wish. Lyr and Crystaloria had both scouted over some of the other packs, and from the glimpses they’d caught, the other packs had been hit hard—not to mention the whole meeting with the alphas prior to the worsening of the whole ordeal.

She drew in a sigh and let it out, feeling her ribs press against her side. She’d dropped a lot of weight through the illness, but with a little time, that would come back. If only all the other things and loved ones could come back so easily.

She came to a stop outside Drachen’s den, testing the scents. She wouldn’t be surprised if he was out, working off the den fever. According to Erani, he was one of the more stir crazy of the patients. They’d been utterly fortunate that Taliesyn was easy to sedate once downed with a hide over his eyes. It seemed that despite his higher intelligence, he was still somewhat at the mercy of his instincts when addled.

“Drachen? Are you in?”

Her voice still felt rough and froggy, but that, too, would clear with time and use. Soon enough, she wouldn’t be the one speaking to the pack as a whole. The day was drawing nigh when Ardyn would step up and take over, allowing herself and Red to retire.

Walk ---- "Speak" ---- "Labhair an Sean-Teanga." ---- "Hear" ---- Think

[Image: bkRAV4d.png]

At first glance, Aurielle's coat is pure white.. Her fur has an iridescent quality (like moonstones) where the fur shimmers different colors under various angles of light: in this case, the colors shown by rainbow moonstones. Not one hair on her hide is a solid unnatural color, but, ya know, it's really hard to convey that in still art :P
Aurielle's English is heavily laden with an Irish, Swedish mixed accent.
Her family is allowed to crash all her threads, Private and Open.
As of Autumn Year 14, Aurielle glows with a bright blue-white bio-luminescence in her fur, and bears a marking over her left eye - see profile and reference.

Drachen

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Lioness

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
12-09-2021, 08:33 PM

The black and tan male laid curled tightly in the middle of his den, his weight shifted off of his wounded shoulder, the injury aching after he performed his morning patrol of the border. Though he still felt drained from the sickness that he had succumbed to recently, the man still had the drive to perform his duties. He had heard from Enzi that there were several deaths in Valhalla and only just now was he beginning to process it after his mind began to clear from the sickness. He was needed now more than ever and he was mentally kicking himself for getting injured. His oceanic eye opened when he heard paw steps nearing his den and his ears flicked forward when he heard Aurielle's voice, rougher than he had ever heard it before. Drachen slowly got to his paws, his tan lips pulling back in a grimace against the pain of his still healing wound on his shoulder to his paw on his right leg. Then with a soft breath, he make his way out of his den, trying to conceal his limp.

He stopped in front of the Spirit, trying to mask his concern when he say how much weight she had lost during her sickness but he knew he had lost weight as well from how his pelt felt against his bones. The male dipped his head in respect before lifting his eyes to her's. "Spirit, what can I do for you?" he asked her, his hushed quiet voice, softer than normal. He was tired but he was determined to help his pack despite his fatigue.

Walk ---- "Speak" ---- "Hear" ---- Think

Drachen has a female Red-Tailed Hawk companion named Enzi that is always with him unless otherwise stated

Aurielle

Loner

Master Intellectual (240)

Master Fighter (255)

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Critical Fail!Valentines 2020
12-19-2021, 02:01 AM
Aurielle Adravendi

The Mist was quick to appear, and she examined him closely with her gradated sapphire into sky blue gaze, keenly noting each change wrought by the plague. At his greeting, she gave him a pointed look, studying the wound on his shoulder. “Get this looked at, for a start. Ayodele and I have some suturing skill, and I was trained in healing enough to know what to do. I don’t think this will need extensive stitches, but if you feel it pulling apart at all, call me. For now, we’ll poultice it.”

She paused, mouthing at the frog of remnant glowing blue mucus in her throat and turned her head aside, dislodging it with a hack and with a most un-Queenly manner spat the glob to the ground.

She grumbled softly, studying the stuff before admitting, “It’s getting better, but I still feel like I swallowed a toad when I wake up.”

Her voice had smoothed slightly, and she straightened herself, eyes scanning the plains before turning back to Drachen, eyes tired.

“Do you think the other packs lost as many? Or more?”

There was no need to say what she meant; it was no doubt on everyone’s minds as well as her own. She’d lost two cousins by blood, a dear friend, and a cousin by adoption, even if Harlow had never considered her one. The Nomads had been hit with their own losses. Had the other packs fared any better? Were Theory and Abaven alright?

Walk ---- "Speak" ---- "Labhair an Sean-Teanga." ---- "Hear" ---- Think

[Image: bkRAV4d.png]

At first glance, Aurielle's coat is pure white.. Her fur has an iridescent quality (like moonstones) where the fur shimmers different colors under various angles of light: in this case, the colors shown by rainbow moonstones. Not one hair on her hide is a solid unnatural color, but, ya know, it's really hard to convey that in still art :P
Aurielle's English is heavily laden with an Irish, Swedish mixed accent.
Her family is allowed to crash all her threads, Private and Open.
As of Autumn Year 14, Aurielle glows with a bright blue-white bio-luminescence in her fur, and bears a marking over her left eye - see profile and reference.

Drachen

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Lioness

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
01-12-2022, 01:05 PM

He tried not to slump under the Spirit's heavy gaze as she looked at his wounded shoulder, stubbornly Drachen forced his aching body a little straighter. He nodded as she commanded him to get his shoulder looked at, relieved slightly that she did not think that it would need serious stitching and for now a poultice would do. "Of course." his soft voice replied, strained from fatigue but still holding the respect due to the Spirit. He hoped to all the gods that he did not need to bother her for such a thing but he would do as she wished of him. The Mist then swallowed heavily against his own lingering glowing mucus as Aurielle hacked and spat the substance on the ground beside her. His own glaze following hers and observed the substance. "As do I. My mind still feels foggy some mornings but with each day that passes it becomes less and less." he replied, flicking his eyes back to her's from the ground and the glowing blue goop on it.

He closed his eyes as her voice filled the air with the question that made his heart clench. His breath filtered through his nose, still rattling slightly with discharge before he opened them again. "Yes. I do believe other packs have lost members to this sickness. For such a sickness to have been so contagious here, it would only make sense for it to spread far, possibly even mutating into something even deadlier then here. The loners and nomads, if not other types of canines, would be vectors and carried it even to the east coat eventually." He paused for a moment, remembering that Taliesyn had become ill as well. "With Taliesyn even succumbing to the disease, it seems that even hoof stock could be infected and those would be vectors as well. So yes, I am sure other packs had suffered greatly from this disease. Once my shoulder is healed enough to travel, I will scope the other pack borders and see if I can scent a change to the scent markers, if you wish." He continued, offering to use his skills as a man of stealth to gather information on the surrounding packs. After all that was his duty as Mist and he would not let his injury and sickness stop him from doing his duties.

Walk ---- "Speak" ---- "Hear" ---- Think

Drachen has a female Red-Tailed Hawk companion named Enzi that is always with him unless otherwise stated