Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
WordySilver Medal 2020Critical Hit!Critical Fail!Trick 2019Promptober 2019
12-05-2021, 03:48 PM
With the sickness fading from his bones, and light touching the horizon, Sirius knew there was much he needed to do. Catching up with his children was one of them. He needed to see for himself how they had fared, and see where to go from here. There was much to do, now that Spring had touched the air in earnest.

The Warlord made his way down the beach, the training rings to his right shoulder, and the ocean to the left. The scent of salt thick in the gentle breeze that ruffled his coat. He shook out his fur, and he raised his head. Howling for Gossy.

"Speech"

Gossamer

Armada
Lieutenant

Master Fighter (270)

Master Healer (240)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

An icon representing the specialty Anatomist Anatomist

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Ooh La LaThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Mammoth HunterIce Bridge ExplorerPride - Lesbian
1KDouble Master
12-11-2021, 08:25 PM

Gossamer sipped at the warm tea and sighed as she gazed out across the Sea's Plain. She'd done a brief warm up, trying to get her muscles and lungs back in shape after her illness. It would take time but each day she felt stronger. Kylfa had promised to help with her training. Gossamer felt like she'd lost ground between her severe injuries and the strange winter sickness. She reached a paw up to her face, smoothing her fur up and over the scars. They'd healed remarkably well and were only visible at certain angles and when she moved. Otherwise her fur covered them well enough if she groomed it right.

With a sigh she finished her tea and stood, preparing to get back to work, when she heard her father's call. It had been awhile since they'd talked. When she fell sick she'd quarantined herself, hiding in case she might infect someone else.

"Father? You look well. How's mother? I'm sorry I haven't been around. I was ill."

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
12-12-2021, 08:15 PM
“Gossy” he said gently, taking in the sight of his warrior daughter as she appeared before him. She was immediately apologetic for any absences, and he shook his head gently. He leaned forward and kissed her brow. “That sickness got the best of most of us, Gossy.” He said, forgiving her as he did all his wolves for how they had been this winter. He was only grateful to see their health return.

“Your mothers been doing much better, she's about come right from it herself” he explained, before coming around to it. “Now that the pack as a whole is starting to feel better, I’m wanting to see where you are at - how your training is coming along, your aspirations, and if you feel you have sufficient training, and so on. Tell me how you’re coming along, and where you want to be” he explained.

"Speech"

Gossamer

Armada
Lieutenant

Master Fighter (270)

Master Healer (240)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Ooh La LaThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Mammoth HunterIce Bridge ExplorerPride - Lesbian
1KDouble Master
12-16-2021, 08:48 PM

Gossamer perked up at the news of her mother doing better. That was a relief. She had to stop and think for a minute on her father's questions. There were many thoughts that flashed through her mind and it took her a moment to order them. "Well, I feel pretty confident with where I'm at with healing. Ásta has been an invaluable instructor. My fighting… could improve. It needs work. I want to be a Lieutenant some day and I'm just…" Nowhere near good enough. She absently pawed at her facial scars.

"For training I wouldn't mind having lessons with some of the more experienced fighters. It doesn't have to be a one on one teacher student thing. Just whoever's available." She was ready to soak up any training she could find from whoever was willing to give it and multiple perspectives would be invaluable.

"Father… it might not be my place, but I did want to speak with you about Aris." Oh boy, where should she start. "It's a good that the pack is focusing in on training again. But I've been assigned as Aris' healing teacher and Ophelia as her fight instructor. I'm happy to continue training Aris in healing and Ophelia is a far better fighter than she gives herself credit for, however," she took a breath. "It's the three of us again, like before. I think she'd benefit from an adult instructor, at least in one area. And someone should train a bit with Ophelia, help her with her self confidence." He rounder sister really was a talented fighter. It was frustrating the other girl didn't see it. Gossamer was lacking in the moral support area and she had no idea how to help.

ooc: I know you already got something worked out for Aris so feel free to have him just tell her its been taken care of!

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

12-16-2021, 09:16 PM
The Warlord nodded his head thoughtfully, he had seen Gossys fighting come along rather nicely. She wanted to be Lieutenant, but it sounded like she wasn’t ready to take that plunge just yet. “How about I send Mortis around for a lesson with you?” he offered. The winged boy could get some more experience teaching, and Gossy could benefit from a lesson with her older brother.

He smiled gently at the young wolf as she spoke next. “That’s exactly what this is about - I’m having a one on one with each of you to see where you feel you're at, and where to go from here. I’ve spoken to Aris already, and I’m going to be bringing in a healing instructor to work with her full time for a season.” The Warlord explained. “As for Ophelia - she’s next, so I’ll see where she needs help soon.” he promised Gossy. “It’s good you're thinking about your siblings, but today is about you. So if there's anything you want to do with your old man today, just say the word.”

"Speech"

Gossamer

Armada
Lieutenant

Master Fighter (270)

Master Healer (240)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

1KDouble Master
12-19-2021, 09:35 AM

Gossamer's ears perked up as he spoke of sending Mortis over to teach her. Of all her siblings she felt he could most understand how she was feeling. The doubt that that was simmering in her bones. He too had lost at the paws of that pirate, but unlike her he had more experience. His loss hadn't cast any doubts in her of his skill as a fighter. If anything she was certain he'd have invaluable advice about that incidence. Gossamer nodded easily. "Yes! I would really like that."

She listened with some relief to her father's plans to focus on Aris and Ophelia's training. Not only would it help their skill level rise but perhaps it would help heal the subtle rifts that had been forming in the family.

She blinked in surprise as Sirius as if there was anything she'd like to do with him today. It felt like it had been so long since they'd had any father and daughter time. "Yes! Umm…" There were so many ideas fluttering through her mind but with her concern on improving her fighting ability that thought rose to the surface. "Would you have time for a fighting lesson? Perhaps, a lesson on leadership in battle." If she were to rank as a lieutenant it would be important for her to learn leadership skills.