An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Ali

Samhain 2022Underachiever1KAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
WealthyVengeanceHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! GlobetrotterOverachieverLegendary
Ooh La LaHomebodyCritical Block!ExplorerPride - DemisexualWinner
Mammoth HunterIce Bridge ExplorerWordyDouble MasterCritical Hit!
12-14-2021, 01:21 PM
Lingering by the Shrine, Hattori's judgemental gaze flickered between the monkeys as they worked  to put together a shishi-odoshi. Originally they were crafted to scare away animals that might damage crops- hence the name scaredeer or scareboor- but in this instance the Shogun thought it might be a nice little gift for his fae of a daughter. Something soft and soothing, their heritage represented by the relaxing flow of water and a hollow thunk. Or in other words, this was a low-key attempt to make up for the sins he knew he'd committed but couldn't remember.  He'd lost so much in the past few weeks, both memory and dignity, this was the least he could do to try and...be better, in the only way he knew how.

Tipping his head back, he called out for the pale Geisha, just to see what she thought of the work in progress.

"Speech"
[Image: de83uxb-0342be6c-7454-4392-a336-72e10a43...s88RF1Wrtg]

Ikigai

Elysium
Queen

Master Healer (250)

Master Intellectual (240)

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Res

Samhain 2022Statue 4 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2
12-14-2021, 01:31 PM

The healing process for the Ashen princess had been a long, rough road. The crystals that had taken over her body had eventually fused her to the ground and, for a while, she had accepted death. Ikigai had given body and soul to the spirits that had seemed to want her so much. A sacrifice, she'd thought. Only Kotori's insistence and perseverance kept her alive. She owed thre Armada prince her very life.

Hearing the call of her father, the pallid fae made her way slowly but surely to his side. She still looked rough though the crown of scars would eventually fade. Coming up beside her giant, patchy father, the slender beauty bowed her head deeply. "Father, " she greeted softly. "Are you feeling better?" The illness had ravaged them all. She would never, ever hold that against him.

Okiku Ikigai Ōritsu Abraxas

[Image: VsG8QnS.gif]

Hanzō

Tojo-kai
Kaicho

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (240)

An icon representing the specialty Marauder Marauder

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Ali

Samhain 2022Underachiever1KAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
WealthyVengeanceHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! GlobetrotterOverachieverLegendary
12-15-2021, 10:25 AM
Like a ghost she emerged from the trees, her footsteps so soft and measured she barely made a sound as she walked. Hattori dipped his head, offering the respect she deserved as a Princess and his daughter. The pale of his gaze roved over the scars that littered her form, slashes and lines where growths had once protruded from her skin. No doubt they would fade in time, as all things tended to do, but she still was beautiful and well deserved of the blood that flowed through her veins.

"I am fine." He told her, reluctant to ever admit he'd been unwell. "You see that? It is a water fountain and it is yours. If you wish to decorate the Shrine further, I will see it done." She never asked for much, nothing outside of reason. All she had to do was ask once more and he would see it done.

Ikigai

Elysium
Queen

Master Healer (250)

Master Intellectual (240)

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Res

Samhain 2022Statue 4 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2
12-16-2021, 04:35 AM

Though her father seemed somewhat reluctant to admit to any shortcomings that he may have had, he did so gracefully. Ikigai accepted his assurance with a nod. If he was well, then she was relieved. Hattori was a pillar of Ashen and, despite her easy going ways, she truly needed her father in her life. He brought a sense of safety to the girl that she wasn't sure that he even knew of.

The massive man directed the girl's mercuric gaze to a bamboo fountain that he'd had crafted especially for her. Before she had even joined his side, the rhythmic tap and swish had provided its soothing sound. These little gestures that he made for her... they showed his love and care. He wasn't a physically affectionate wolf, but he did show that he cared. "Otou-san... Thank you so much." Lifting her face upwards, a sweet smile tugged at Iki's obsidian lips. "I could listen to this sound forever," she admitted. There was so much of her father in her. She held such a respect for the Iga lifestyle and ways.

Respect... duty... It reminded the girl that she had something to discuss with her sire. "Otou-san..." she began in serious, yet mellifluous tones. "When I was ill with the crystal sickness... I almost died. The earth had begun to swallow me up and the crystals had started locking me to the ground." It was still terrifying to think of. "Prince Kotori Fatalis of the Armada." The usually demure girl met her father's gaze firmly. "He saved my life. I would be dead if not for him. I owe him a debt." Ashen owed him a debt, though she didn't wish to tout her own self worth so blatantly. She would leave this decision and the reward up to her father and mother if they deemed that a reward was necessary.

"X"

[Image: VsG8QnS.gif]

Hanzō

Tojo-kai
Kaicho

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (240)

An icon representing the specialty Marauder Marauder

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Ali

12-23-2021, 10:30 AM
His daughter was the most gracious of all, even if she did not like the gift he knew she wouldn't reveal as much. But he saw the faint gleam in her eyes, the way her ears tipped forward to listen to the sound and take solace in its soothing repetition. He knew she would not lie to him, least of all over something that was ultimately trivial in the grand scheme of things.

Turning away from the water fountain to give her his undivided attention, he listened as she spoke of how she'd nearly died. How one of the Fatalis boys saved her life and in turn she felt as though she owed him a debt. One that could not easily be forgotten or cast aside. Pressing his lips thin, Hattori hadn't known things had cut so close, that he could have lost ikigai without even releasing. Without even having the sense of mind to know what it meant, how it should have made him feel.

"As do I, it seems." He rumbled after a prolonged silence, the empty space filled by flowing water. "And as Ashen's Geisha, what do you think needs to be done?"

This was not a test, if anything her rank made her best suited to working out the kinks of this issue. Hattori was not a diplomat, never would be, but he had faith in the Princess. She would know what to do.