An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Hermes

Samhain 2022How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Double MasterOoh La LaThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
12-16-2021, 09:35 PM

Fern sits in the grand foyer of the castle looking at the stairs that lead up. The gray girl has seen little of castle, her first visit completely limited to right wing of the first floor. Rudy had been injured shortly after her arrival and Fern had not had the chance to explore. Many days, and nights, where spent in the infirmary, waiting for Rudy to recover. Eyes fall over to the right, eyeing the hallway that leads to the guest and medical wing. Artorias had seen that she was given a nice guest room when she returned and Fern is grateful for it. However, since her friendship with Rudy has started to bud into something more, the gray girl finds herself wanting to get to know the castle better. After all, there might be a time when she calls this castle home… maybe.

Aqua eyes shift back to the stairs as Fern fidgets nervously. She has seen the layout of the second floor and knows where Rudy’s room is but she wants to know more. Cautiously, looking around to make sure she is alone, Fern stands and moves toward the stairs. Short claws click loudly in the silent room, making her wince and look around to make sure she is still alone. Fern knows she is a guest and, while she doesn’t want to overstep, she does want to explore. But... is allowed upstairs? It was different when had Rudy invited her up but now… nervously, Fern glances around once more before swiftly moving upstairs. Excitement, curiosity, and a small sense of forbidden secrets drives her upward.

Heart pounding, smile growing with each step, Fern moves as quickly as her paws will carry her.

"Fern"

Fern has a female stoat companion named Puff. She is always nearby.

Rudyard

Loner
High Councilor

Master Fighter (245)

Expert Hunter (230)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

An icon representing the specialty Trophy Hunter Trophy Hunter

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Shard

Samhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
12-16-2021, 10:55 PM

Rudyard was a late sleeper.  It was a good way to get ribbed on by certain early-rising brothers but it really did make sense.  Rudy liked hunting later at night so of course, he would sleep in, he also just enjoyed that feeling when you wake up in the morning with the mind caught halfway in a fuzzy warm sleep and just awake enough to realize you are enjoying it.  Lately, that wasn’t always the case.  There had been times he hardly slept or woke up only from the nightmares chasing him out of himself.

This time though his mind was floating on memories of being out with Fern and working on that snare.  The snare had nothing to do with it though, it was the memory of how it felt with her touching him, how she smelled, and her nearness.  Eventually, his mind gave in to acknowledging it was truly awake and Rudy opened his eyes.  The young man was belly up with a leg stuck out in the air.  Rolling over he hefted himself up with a yawn.

Rudy left his room and was making his way to the stairs when he heard paws clicking on stone.  It wasn’t any of his family's scents that he caught when he scented the air though but he grinned as he recognized it and moved to meet them.  “Good morning Fern,” he offers to the silver lady when she reaches the top of the stairs.  He dreamed of her and she came to a reality of the morning, that was nice.

“How long have you been up?” Was she like Art and some others who got up before even the sun acknowledged morning?  

Rudyard Carpathius

Fern

"Live Like A Warrior"

Loner
Lead Hunter

Master Fighter (290)

Master Hunter (280)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Hermes

Samhain 2022How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Double MasterOoh La LaThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
12-16-2021, 11:34 PM

The top of the staircase is in sight, Fern eagerly rushes forward, uncertainty tugging at the back of her mind as she wonders if she is allowed to up here alone. The fear of the doing something that might get her in trouble drives her upward faster and faster. However, the reward far outweighs the risk for her. When she finally crests the landing, Fern finds her prize awaiting her. Rudy is there standing a short distance in front of her, smiling warmly as he says good morning.

The smile that appears on her face is bright and she moves swiftly to the close the distance, tail wagging all the way. Fern yearns to move in and give Rudy a hug but she hesitates, uncertain if he wants that sort of contact yet. When he asks how long she has been up, Fern shrugs and says, “About an hour. Got bored waiting for Mr. Sleepyhead to wake up and come visit me. So, I decided I would fetch him myself.”

Throwing a playful wink at Rudy, Fern steps forward and reaches up to plant a small kiss on his cheek before stepping back and ducking her head bashfully. She quickly says, “Sorry I just… I missed you. I was hoping to explore the castle today. Want to grab some food and join me?” Casting a glance over her shoulder at the stairs, Fern looks back to Rudy hopeful that he will agree.

"Fern"

Rudyard

Loner
High Councilor

Master Fighter (245)

Expert Hunter (230)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Shard

12-24-2021, 11:58 AM

Rudyard grinned at her labeling him ‘sleepyhead’ imagining she’d get used to it.  He was about to respond to that when she kissed him and that puffball tail raised up to start its mini-wag.  She was then apologizing for kissing him? He let her finish off her request before responding.  “Sure, sounds like fun.” That was followed up with his own kiss, “I can show you where everyone’s room is up here, then go to the grand hall and see what might be in it.”  Could go to food stores where everything was kept but Rudy had a feeling there would be something set up in there.

“Then after that, we can fight or hunt or whatever ya like.  We could just roam somewhere.” Whatever she wanted, the day could be hers, or theirs together.  He needed to get back to working as he healed up more but it was still a lighter schedule for now.  He could make patrolling part of their walk together.  The only place he wouldn’t take her was the falls where she’d found him.  He doubted she felt a need to go there anyway.  After all that and it was time to sleep he'd ask her about sharing his room again tonight as well.  It was nice when she slept there, her smell and her body pressed up against his seemed to calm his mind and keep away the nightmares that had woken him up after...everything.  Eh, forget waiting for tonight.  "Hey, Fern," Rudy questioned hesitantly, "You want to stay in my room at night?  I really enjoyed it." Followed up with, "If you did, that is?"

"Rudyard"

Fern

"Live Like A Warrior"

Loner
Lead Hunter

Master Fighter (290)

Master Hunter (280)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Hermes

12-25-2021, 02:52 AM

Aqua eyes dance with happiness as Rudy’s tail responds her kiss. She quickly apologizes, afraid she has overstepped somehow. When her invitation to explore is accepted, Rudy leans in to return the kiss. Only his is a deeper, lingering touch of their lips. Butterflies flutter in her stomach and the gray girl’s heart skips a beat. When Rudy pulls away to talk about showing her things, a smile remains on Fern’s lips. Head bobs as Rudy continues to speak, the gray girl only half paying attention. Rudy’s soft golden eyes have stolen her attention and Fern feels as if she is in a dream. Is that… happiness she sees in his eyes? Maybe she is helping him just as much as he is helping her.

Dreamy voice says, “That sounds great Rudy.” While Fern is not entirely sure what is great or what she is agreeing to, the gray girl is certain that it be good as long as he is with her. Then Rudy is saying her name and Fern blinks out of her dreamy stupor and notices his hesitancy. Why is he hesitant? It all makes sense when Rudy offers to share his room with her and a huge, bright smile bursts across Fern’s face. Her tail wags fast as Fern exclaims, “Really?! Yes Rudy, I would love that! The guest room is nice but…”

Gray shoulders shrug as she gives Rudy a bashfully look. Truthfully the guest room is adequate however there was one big thing missing… Rudy. Casting a glance behind Rudy, Fern says, “You sure it is alright if I stay up here with you? I mean, I really enjoy being with you but I don’t want to upset anyone.” Aqua gaze turns to Rudy, eager to be allowed to stay with him. Her tail wags slowly as she smiles at the gray boy that has stolen her heart.

"Fern"

Rudyard

Loner
High Councilor

Master Fighter (245)

Expert Hunter (230)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Shard

12-25-2021, 03:18 PM

She said that was great though she didn’t specify if she wanted to do everything or just part of the options Rudy imagined they could figure out all the details after a quick tour of the castle and stop for a meal.  Whatever they did it was a day with Fern so it should be a good one.  At some point, this logic probably got old, right?  Right now the simple logic made him happy again and that was enough.

She not only wanted to stay with him but sounded excited about it.  Rudy grinned broadly, with the knowledge he’d never be sleeping alone again.  It wasn’t like Rudyard had ever gone to bed or woken up sad there was no one there next to him but now that she had said yes it seemed like there had been something missing all this time.  Fern next to him had felt wonderful and now he’d get to feel like that every night.

Rudy turned to walk down the hall, quirking a brow and roguish grin at her, “Get me in trouble?  I’m a Carpathius too.  What? My brother is going to chastise me over showing the prettiest girl here around my home.” Rudyard smirked amused, “Nah, Art won’t mind.” Rudyard nodded his head to encourage her to follow, “Really, Artorias is about as good of a brother as you can have.  He’s the guy you can trust to back you up, even if your own idiocy stirred up the trouble, even if it's at risk of his own life.” Not that it was a good thing to do or Rudyard would ever try to set up but, it was the truth.  

“Anyway, this is the family’s wing,” Rudyard pointing out each wolf’s room as they passed by their stairs like a proper tour guide.

"Rudyard"

Fern

"Live Like A Warrior"

Loner
Lead Hunter

Master Fighter (290)

Master Hunter (280)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Hermes

12-26-2021, 11:11 PM

Rudy’s roguish grin has Fern smiling brightly and his words make her giggle. The he calls her the prettiest girl. Her? Pretty? Ducking her head, the gray girl tries to hide the sheepish grin that replaces the smile. Her heart is fluttering, excitement, anticipation of a bright future, and happiness causing Fern to feel lighter than air. When she brings her head back up, Rudy is nodding for her to follow and Fern quickly steps up to side. The way Rudy speaks of Art brings a soft smile to Fern’s face. Before they start the tour, Fern reaches up and kisses Rudy’s cheek, saying, “I am so happy to be with you Rudy. I love you so much. I really hope your family will approve of me as your girlfriend.”

Ocean-hued eyes dance with mirth as she looks at Rudy, joy bubbling over at having said the word ‘girlfriend’. Sure, they may not have said it officially but, what else do you call someone you love and are sharing a room with? Gray tail wags lightly as she follows Rudy, eyes looking to each room and trying to put labels on them in her head. Fern is determined to learn the layout of the castle, after all… she is going to be spending a lot of time here.

"Fern"