An icon representing the specialty Marauder Marauder

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1Critical Hit!Valentines 2020
01-02-2022, 12:21 AM

Mortis was in the process of making a small gift for Briar. He knew there would be a hole in his heart and his den once his sister made the big move to The Hallows, but he also applauded her getting out. Taking her own path in life, and finding a way to make it work. Even if he would miss his younger sister.

It was late evening, and Mortis didn’t expect many other wolves to be about, as he sat by the fire just outside their den. Hika was off training, strengthening his muscles after his illness. Things between those two were… good. Very good. Even if he hadn’t worked up the courage to talk to his dad about it yet.

He had a lot on his mind, so it was good to keep his hands busy, feeling the warmth of the fire and the soft sounds of crickets in the grass.

"Mortis Fatalis"

Kotori

Loner

Master Fighter (340)

Master Hunter (330)

An icon representing the specialty Juggernaut Juggernaut

An icon representing the specialty Mangler Mangler

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Shard

OverachieverSamhain 2022Double MasterThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
01-02-2022, 12:32 AM

Kotori had plans to gain power and that meant being proactive.  His goals were selfish ones but ones that helped the pack all the same.  He was two years old now and had time to quit being of low status by rank.  Being a prince still made him of high stature but he wouldn’t get real respect that way, not from everyone at least.  When he became general more would respect him.  Work came with power though so Kotori had been patrolling the lands before turning to head back across the pack land.

Making his way along he spotted Mort near his own den.  Kotori didn’t spend a lot of time with any of his family, not by lack of caring so much as walking his own path.  For so long he’d hardly been at home and now that he was more he’d been spending a lot of his time with Hikaru in patrolling or out hunting, primarily with Grimshaw.  Other work like training brat kids or whatever stupid task his dad thought up like catching bees.

Either way, he so rarely saw Mort he was quick to change path.  He didn’t spend much time with the siblings in his own litter, even more rare his winged brother. “Hey, Mort,” he cheerfully called out.  His brothers had Kotori’s respect by status and having just looked up to them since he was a pup, at that time the only brothers he had.  “Whacha,” some confusion watching him, “doin?”

"Kotori Fatalis"
[Image: HMmbDEu.png]
 [Image: ezgif.com-gif-maker_39.gif]

Mortis

Armada
Lieutenant

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

01-02-2022, 01:07 AM

The winged boy smiled at the familiar sight of his fawny brother, it was always good to see him, and that showed in his expression. He put down his scarf with some embarrassment, knowing what the Warlord would think of taking up such a hobby. Seer spent his free time crafting weapons and armour, not silly little scarfs.

“Just making a going away present for Briar. It feels like it’s been ages since I saw you Ko, how have you been?” he asked warmly, patting a spot beside him in a silent invitation for the spotted wolf to join him. He hadn’t missed how much training the other wolf had been getting up to. And had he heard recently that he’d challenged Sirius for a higher rank? No easy feat to gather up the courage to do that. “Tell em everything” he invited.

"Mortis Fatalis"

Kotori

Loner

Master Fighter (340)

Master Hunter (330)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Shard

01-02-2022, 01:27 AM

When Kotori ran into Azure he saw a sharp-edged wolf that was dangerous and demanded respect.  When he looked at Mort he saw someone softer and friendly.  He had a build of a fighter but he lacked the sharp edges or that attitude of a leader.  It was a strange thing as was the sewing he was doing.  It made for a bit of a puzzled face on Kotori but his sister was leaving and it made sense for siblings to give her presents.  To be honest Kotori hadn’t thought of giving her anything.  He’d try to travel down to the hallows with her and if not that he’d give her a warm goodbye and that was it.  Still, it was nice of Mort to think of his younger sister.

“Well, been pretty busy.  Last I saw you was when, well you know.” No need to bring up the beginning parts of the long night or all that had happened after. “So as said, plenty busy.  You know, helping the pack when a lot were sick.” Kotori shrugged, “Then the reason I stayed at home more was for training so I’ve done a lot of it.  I’m a lot stronger than the prior season.” Yes, he was proud but it was deserved pride damn it.

A side glance cast to Mort as he added on what he hadn’t been sharing around with others, “I also met the Ashen princess, Ikigai, during all of this.  I met with her a few times.” That was a quick summarized version of mentioning his time with Ikigai.  It left out potentially having saved her life.  It also skipped mentioning when he’d helped her take a bath and how exciting that had felt. “I met our younger siblings, they don’t seem very strong.  Oh, and I challenged Azure and dad,” his brow scrunched up, “Lost both fights.  I won’t lose next time.”  Next time dad was going to lose.

“What about you? Hardly ever see you also.” Admittedly Kotori hadn’t sought him out but the point was true all the same.

"Kotori Fatalis"

Mortis

Armada
Lieutenant

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

01-02-2022, 01:48 AM

The winged wolf nodded in understanding. That had been before Hika had gotten sick, which had taken a lot of Mort's attention. It had been a long road, but Hika had come out the other side in one piece. They both had, bless their stars. Ko went on to talk about his training, and Mortis grinned at the smaller wolf. “You look it” Mortis complimented.

When Ko mentioned an Ashen Princess, he raised his brows in surprise. Venom’s litter? He wondered if he should mention how that had almost been Azure’s… best not. Best leave that in the past. “What do you think of this Ashen Princess?” he teased lightly. Having covered what he was making with a paw already. “They aren’t easy wolves to beat.” Mortis agreed. “But if you're gearing up for another round, perhaps you would want to get off a practice one with me?” he suggested.

"Mortis Fatalis"

Kotori

Loner

Master Fighter (340)

Master Hunter (330)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Shard

01-02-2022, 02:01 AM

Kotori maybe didn’t need Mortis approval of his stronger appearance but that didn’t mean he didn’t enjoy hearing it.  With only two brother’s most of his life he had looked up to Mort and Azure like his hero’s, and yet the sort he’d hardly spent time with.  That said, he really hadn’t thought of challenging Mort.  It hadn’t been part of the contest terms and again he just didn’t hold himself in the same way as the other two but, it was a great idea!

Another topic first though, “She’s really different,” Kotori spoke in some bemusement, “First time we met she was insulted I’d expect her to do things like fight or hunt.  Her reason was she was a princess so she wouldn’t do things like that.  It was like a total polar opposite to what I always imagined.  I liked her inner fire and pride in herself though.  She’s smart too, knows about spirits that I scoffed about at first.” At first, it kept seeming like what she had thought would come true.  The boar had vanished after she said it was a spirit, that had been the first time he realized she was special.

Kotori shrugged, admitting his feelings about these things. “I always thought that the wolves I’d like were others interested in being strong but, there’s something nice about how she can be so proud yet needs protection.  Brave in a number of ways.” That said Kotori stretched out, “Now, as that practice.  You know, I’m tired of losing so it won’t be an easy fight.”  Kotori was a pure Fatalis and possessive as his dad ever was and Kotori had decided Ikigai was his princess.

Kotori Fatalis