gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Dikui

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Overachiever
02-02-2022, 05:37 PM (This post was last modified: 02-02-2022, 05:37 PM by Dimosthenes. Edited 1 time in total.)
D i m o s t h e n e s

Dimosthenes stared down the steep slope into the giant hole. Did he hear the squeaking of small animals within? The pit was shadowy, but he could see the wave of vegetation. His paw lifted without permission, wanting to go down the incline. He'd always been a pretty reckless, nosy little wolf. He liked exploring whatever he could. And hey, did he have a reason not to go? He would be careful.

With that, he was off, stepping cautiously down into the cavernous gape. As he moved, he imagined what he'd find down there. Maybe a secret civilization of wolves lived there in the dark. Maybe they were trapped, and didn't know how to reach the surface. He could save them and they would crown him king on the spot. He'd have a magnificent robe and a palace and... He lifted one paw to touch his forehead where a bedazzling crown would rest, and at the very moment the earth crumbled beneath his other front paw. Because of the steep angle of the climb down, his back paws couldn't hold on and he tumbled down, the rocks and roots surely scratching and bruising him. But it was worse. His tail cracked loudly against a rock. Suddenly his brain was on fire. He was yelping from that point on.

He eventually rolled to a stop, where he remained curled up, examining the tail. He couldn't touch it without more pain and it was crooked at the midpoint. He stared at it, not knowing what to do. He was no healer.

"Speech"

Gilgamesh

"The Bully™"

Raiders Hollow
Raid King

Master Intellectual (635)

Master Fighter (870)

An icon representing the specialty Gambler Gambler

An icon representing the specialty Marauder Marauder

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Bunni

Rapid Poster - SilverWordyBest BudsSocialiteCritical Attack!Legendary
LoserRaiderCritical Fail!Samhain 2022Statue 4 WorshipScarred
Snake EyesWinnerOoh La LaDouble Master1KAll Oozed Out
The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3By the skin of my teethVengeanceHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Overachiever
Critical Block!
02-03-2022, 02:21 PM

Being with the pirates meant having freedom. This Gilgamesh enjoyed the most. He could go wherever he liked as long as he returned upon being needed. Enjoying this thought as he meandered through the lands of Boreas, he almost didn't notice the gaping hole. It wasn't far off and really, it was the sparkle of water trickling around the opening that caught his eye. Feeling a bit thirsty, he made his way over to get a few laps when the quiet murmur of whining made him pause. Where was it coming from? Both of his ears tuned into the noise before he realized it was coming from the shadowy depths of the cavern.

Taking a few steps to peer in himself, he squinted against the bright sunlight behind him. Waiting for his eyes to adjust, his breath caught in his throat. Normally, the sight of a stranger would not cause any emotion to filter through him. He wasn't one to stick his nose in anyone else's business and if they happened to die down there, that was their fault. But what he saw made concern rise in him as he grew more worried. From the sight of the bent tail and the curled position of the smaller ivory wolf, he wasn't sure at first. "Dimosthenes?" Gil called out softly.

Without waiting for a response, the long-legged brute took a step down into the cavern. Searching out a safer path than tumbling down, he made his way deeper into the cavern. Hurrying as much as he could without risking his own life, Gil quickly made his way over to the wolf. "Are you okay?" He asked, concern lacing through his words as he approached. Looking over to the newly bent tail, he frowned before reaching out to touch Dime on the shoulder. "I can carry you out if your legs are hurt," his voice held a tender note only saved for those closest to him.

gilgamesh is aggressive, don't trust him

Dimosthenes

Loner

Intermediate Fighter (40)

Novice Navigator (20)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Dikui

02-07-2022, 03:35 PM
D i m o s t h e n e s

While Dimosthenes was still whining and complaining to himself in mutters -- which were made up of probably one non-swear word to ten that were -- about the pain, a soft voice called out to him. He took a second to process that, yes, that was a wolf, and yes, the word was his name, and yes, it was a wolf he knew. Gilgamesh. The only wolf he'd actually talked to since the Long Night, which made him feel more than a little pathetic, but that was neither here nor there.

He had gotten down into the hole without getting hurt at all, which was embittering, but Dime wasn't about to allow himself to snap at someone who was probably his only help for at least a while. Gilgamesh asked if he was okay. "Mostly. Shit, man, falling hurts." He smiled a little. He didn't want Gilgamesh to think he was some kind of weak worm. The last time they'd seen each other, Dime had been crying, but he could make that up if he tried hard enough now. "My legs are pretty much all right. It's just my tail." He was no healer, but he couldn't move the tip of his tail and that didn't seem like a good sign.

"Speech"

Gilgamesh

"The Bully™"

Raiders Hollow
Raid King

Master Fighter (870)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Bunni

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3By the skin of my teethVengeanceHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Overachiever
Critical Block!
02-10-2022, 08:06 AM

Dime's initial response got a chuckle out of him. "Yeah, falling can do that you," he rumbled in response with a slight shake of his head. Thankful that his friend wasn't seriously injured, Gil took a step back to give the smaller wolf some space to stand if he wanted. "Don't rush standing up in case you are hurt," the man said with a slightly concerned tone. God, what was happening to him? Was he growing soft? Or had the realization that keeping friends close meant more than being an asshole all the time? Flicking his gaze over to Dime's now crooked tail, his lips turned down in a frown. Well, that didn't seem pleasant.

"I'm not a healer myself," he said as his own smile flittered over his lips. "I could try to step on it to straighten it? Would hurt, but it's a thought," Gil's shoulders shrugged lightly as he contemplated the suggestion. Did he even know any healers? Not off the top of his head. There was one girl from back in the day that had helped heal him, but he wasn't sure if Dime was up for that kind of walk to her pack lands. "If you want, I know it's a bit of a walk, but I have some booze back home if you need something to help drown the pain," he was only half-joking at this point, but maybe it would help lighten Dime's mood. Anything he could do to help his friend, he would.

Dimosthenes

Loner

Intermediate Fighter (40)

Novice Navigator (20)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Dikui

02-21-2022, 08:37 PM
D i m o s t h e n e s

Dimosthenes got to his paws slowly in order to see Gilgamesh on a more even level, although the man was still taller of course. He could still hold his head high, though. He was doing his best. He always did. Gilgamesh suggested stepping on the broken tail in order to try to straighten it. Dime winced at the thought. But he didn't know any healers, and it didn't seem that his friend did either. God, he needed to start making some more friends. It was hard, being a loner who was honestly not even that good at talking to people, but he needed it, both to keep him from feeling lonely and for situations like this where he'd need a more versatile group of allies to help him out.

Then Gilgamesh suggested booze and his ears perked up a little. "I think I can walk pretty good." He grinned. "I've never actually gotten properly drunk before."

"Speech"

Gilgamesh

"The Bully™"

Raiders Hollow
Raid King

Master Fighter (870)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Bunni

Critical Block!
02-24-2022, 09:19 AM

Glad that Dime wasn't seriously hurt from his fall, Gil smirked in his friend's direction. Noticing the way his ears pricked at the mention of alcohol, he nearly laughed. "Never?" He questioned with a tilt of his head. "Well, let's get out of this damn hole first," his muzzle nodded up to the entrance that dazzled with the dying light of afternoon. "If you can make it back up without falling again, I'll treat you to a nice drink," Gil joked with a small laugh before looking his friend over once more. Aside from the bent tail, Dime looked to be in okay enough condition to walk back up. "After you," he rumbled with a swish of his paw as he waited for Dime to start their ascent back up. Gil held back a moment to let Dime take the lead. If there was going to be any falling, Gil could at least try to catch the smaller wolf before anything fatal happened.

"speech"

CODE BY SHELBY