gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7
02-13-2022, 10:06 AM

Ulmaria was growing in confidence with her healing abilities. She'd had a few lessons from her uncle as well as her companion. Not to mention she'd had the luck to run into a few other healers and learn about even more plants she could use to help others. Piper had helped her dry some herbs and now she was ready to crumble them up and store them in a jar she'd gotten from her uncle. Ulmaria rolled out a piece of hide then dipped into her den to grab the herbs she'd been letting dry. She very carefully plucked them down off the ceiling of her den before trotting back outside to the hide she'd unrolled.

Kore

Loner

Master Fighter (245)

Expert Intellectual (165)

An icon representing the specialty Unarmed Unarmed

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Hermes

Critical Fail!Ooh La La
02-14-2022, 01:44 AM
The galaxy clad pup makes his way toward the family dens. Since they were staying near the river, Kore had taken it upon himself to be the ‘life guard’ of his siblings… namely, Kal. As much as he loves the blue fire pup that is his brother, Kalyke has a knack for finding trouble. Usually this means his siblings have to swoop in and help him. Luckily no one has gotten hurt… until now. Giving a small grunt of discomfort, the nebula pelted pup walks toward where he hopes Ulmaria will be. Her skills as a healer have been growing and Kore is proud of how quickly she is improving her skills. Now, he gets to put her skills to the test.

As his right front paw touches the ground, pain flares up through his leg, pulling a wince from the pup. Slowly, the galaxy cloaked boy makes his way toward the den, keeping an eye out for his sister. He spies her sunset coat walking from the den toward a rolled out hide and he moves as swiftly as he can toward his healer sister. As Kore approaches, he says, “Hey Mar, can I borrow your skills?” A light chuckle fills the space after his words, the noticeable limp and smears of blood that mark his path doing nothing to dampen his light-hearted attitude.

Pulling up next to the piece of laid out leather, Kore folds his back legs and plops down onto his butt heavily. Lifting his injured right paw, the nebula hued pup turns it over to reveal the gash that cuts a jagged path through his pad. Fresh blood wells as he holds it out to his sister, a sheepish smile on his lips as he waits to be treated.

"Kore Regni"

Ulmaria

Avalon
Healer

Master Healer (255)

Master Fighter (250)

An icon representing the specialty Defender Defender

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7
02-25-2022, 06:47 PM

Ulmaria carefully set the plants down and was about to get to work when Kore arrived. She immediately smiled upon seeing her brother, tail wagging excitedly. He was one of the best fighters in their group and he was great at conquering boredom. "Hey Kore!" She greeted him then listened as he asked if he could borrow her skills. At first she wasn't sure if he meant borrowing her for a spar but as the scent of blood caught her attention she realized he needed help with an injury. "Oh no, what happened?" She bent her head peering at the injured limb and hoping it wasn't broken. She remember the lesson on yarrow and knew that could help with the bleeding but there were still many limits to her knowledge.

Kore

Loner

Master Fighter (245)

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Hermes

Critical Fail!Ooh La La
03-05-2022, 04:21 AM
His sister greets him warmly and Kore offers her a smile as he plops down. As the nebula-cloaked boy shows the injured paw, Ulmaria asks what happened. Giving a chuckle, Kore explains, “I was over by the river trying to make sure Kal didn’t drown. I swear, he is prone to all kinds of trouble. Anyway, I was running along some rocks, trying to keep him in view when I… stepped on a rock wrong.” The pup makes a face, scrunching up his muzzle and sticking out his tongue in a show of disgust at the mentioned rock as he says, “It bit me Mar! Dang thing had a sharp edge and it gave me this.” Ears flatten and Kore deflates, giving a huge sigh before giving his toes on the injured paw a wiggle. Looking to his sister he adds, “It kind of hurts to walk and I leave a trail behind me.” Poking his nose back the way he came, the paw prints of blood can clearly be seen. Pleading eyes turn back to Ulmaria as Kore silently begs his sister to make his paw feel better.

"Kore Regni"

Ulmaria

Avalon
Healer

Master Healer (255)

Master Fighter (250)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7
03-05-2022, 04:32 PM

Kore lifted his paw and Ulmaria leaned in to carefully examine the injury. She winced as Kore described what happened. "Ow! That's awful." She could well imagine how his paw hurt and the fact that he was still bleeding was something to be mindful of. "Ok, sit tight. I think I can make a poultice for this." She had a number of herbs drying but they weren't what she needed to help her brother's paw. These herbs were mainly for respiratory and stomach issues. What she needed was yarrow and meadowsweet, two herbs she learned about from Álarr and that happened to grow in the range. She knew there were some plants near the barn and she bounded over to the site of the barn, scouting for her quarry.

It didn't take long to recognize the small white flowers that adorned both herbs and she quickly used her teeth to gather a spring of meadowsweet and one of yarrow. With both plants between her teeth she bounded back over to her brother. Pulling a ceramic bowl over to herself she set the plants in the bowl. "These will help with the bleeding and the pain. Let me make a paste quick." She grabbed her water skin and carefully uncorked it with her teeth before tilting her head to pour just a splash of water in. True, she could just chew it and apply it but since she had all her supplies she figured she might as well go the more sanitary route. Grabbing a deer shin bone from her supplies she tilted her head and used the bone to mash the water and herbs into a thick, green paste.

Ok… ok what next? Well, she couldn't just apply it and let it dry since the injury was on the bottom of his paw. They'd need to bandage it. Luckily her lemur, Piper, was on the job. The lemur held up a thin strip of tanned hide. Ulmaria scooped up a dollop and placed it in the center of the bandage.

"Ok, let me see your paw. We'll need to bandage it to protect it and keep the poultice on."

Kore

Loner

Master Fighter (245)

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Hermes

Critical Fail!Ooh La La
03-14-2022, 05:30 AM
Kore watches his sister as she inspects his injured paw, the sympathetic wince she gives when he offers the story has the boy nodding in agreement. Still, he didn’t want Mar to worry too much and he quickly adds, “It’s okay. I’ll live… right doc?” Soft blue eyes sparkle as he looks to Ulmaria, nodding as he is told to sit tight. She is looking over her herbs when suddenly, Ulmaria takes off without a word, leaving her curious brother in her wake. The galaxy-clad pup slides down to his belly, careful to keep the pressure off his injured paw. He lays in a pool of sunlight, basking the warmth while Ulmaria retrieves her herbs.

She isn’t gone long and swiftly the sound of small paws racing through the grass, once more, reach Kore’s ears. The boy sits up as he watches Ulmaria bound up to him with a pair of plants in her mouth. Head tilts as he watches her work, his sister quickly pulls over a ceramic bowl. Kore nods when talks about making a paste and Mar works quickly while he watches in awe at his sister’s skill. Soon a paste rests in the bowl and she instructs him to give her his paw. Dutifully, Kore sticks out his injured paw, marveling at the way she works and her little lemur helper. Finally, the amazed boy says, “Wow Mar. You’re going be a get healer!”

"Kore Regni"

Ulmaria

Avalon
Healer

Master Healer (255)

Master Fighter (250)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7
03-14-2022, 06:21 PM

With help from her lemur and her own dexterous digits Ulmaria tied the bandage and the poultice around her brother's paw. "There! That should help. I'll probably need to change it tomorrow." She hadn't actually asked her uncle about how often bandages needed to be changed and she made a mental note to ask him. "It might be good to try and keep weight off it if you can, til it heals up a bit more." She wasn't sure if her bold brother would be able to follow that instruction, but the yarrow would work quickly on the bleeding, of that she was sure. At least the weather was nice for the time being. She hadn't thought about it much but it occured to her bandages wouldn't be of as much use if it were raining or wet outside. Hmmm… what could she use instead beside barracading the patient in a den? Another question for her uncle perhaps.