gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Nyx

OverachieverSamhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantDream WeaverSnake Eyes
02-23-2022, 06:24 PM (This post was last modified: 02-23-2022, 06:25 PM by Bronze. Edited 1 time in total.)

The north was his home, but it'd been a long time since he'd traveled quite this far north. It was the ideal time of year for it though, with the north being blessed with such a temperate winter, at least compared to the first and only winter he'd experienced thus far. Still that didn't make it the least bit warm, especially being so close to the ocean, where the wind that was brought in from across the sea was always frigid cold no matter what time of year. He was surprised at just how cold it was as he stood near the edge of the water, letting the wind whisk across the flat terrain and tickle his face. He turned away from the direction it blew and looked across the land, toward the geyser that lay dormant during the warmer seasons.

He had no real purpose being here, but did he ever? His life wasn't the sort of thing he had a plan for. Each day was taken as it came, and as long as he was truly thriving he had no issues with being otherwise without purpose. Taking care of himself, and ensuring that his siblings and parents were doing the same, was all he really cared about. But maybe that wasn't quite enough - he had no idea. Huffing the chilly summer air, he headed away from the shore and further in-land again, searching for something that might catch his interest.

Onyx

Hemlock
Paladin

Expert Fighter (188)

Advanced Intellectual (100)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Chrono

Pride - AromanticSamhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Snake Eyes
Pride - Demisexual
03-08-2022, 09:44 PM
Onyx had been growing her strength back up since The Long Night and found herself wandering more than was normal in her younger months. She loved and cared for her family deeply, but she was coming to this cross road of what she really wanted in her life and where she would be heading next. She had stuck close since they were labeled more adults than children, but her mind still wandered for her ambitions.

She too didn't often come far north, she was getting used to the warmer climates just south of their home but this was really where she was most comfortable. She had spotted Bronze in the distance and wouldn't pass up the opportunity to join him. She trotted up to approach him though wasn't too surprised. "A little far from home, aren't we?" She offered a sarcastic smile but didn't keep it long. "I suppose you don't mind some company." The Long Night had changed some part of her, as well as Cinaed leaving the north. But she wasn't very open about her emotions much.

"Onyx Destruction"
F2U base by Snowylaika
Mature! For foul language. Can be prone to violence.

Bronze

Armada
Warrior

Master Fighter (270)

Intermediate Hunter (30)

An icon representing the specialty Bulwark Bulwark

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Nyx

03-10-2022, 07:45 AM (This post was last modified: 03-10-2022, 07:45 AM by Bronze. Edited 1 time in total.)
Family meant everything to Bronze, but there was more to life than simply protecting them and looking out for them, especially given how independent his siblings were. They'd all been raised to be that way. They didn't necessarily need him, not any more than he needed them, but he was drawn to sticking around just in case. And fortunately for him, Onyx wasn't far off either. Her approach was heard before she got too close - this terrain was flat and expanse, and had little room for creatures to sneak up on you.

Instantly a grin touched his lips, just as short-lived as his sister's, as she closed the distance between them. "A little," he agreed easily. Usually the forests east of here were his main stomping grounds but he'd decided to stretch his legs a little further today. Maybe he'd stay here for a few days loner; he hadn't decided yet. "Company sounds good. How have you been faring lately, sister?" He cast a glance upward, to the antlers that had sprouted from her skull. He was still getting used to them but they were growing on him.

Onyx

Hemlock
Paladin

Expert Fighter (188)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Chrono

Pride - AromanticSamhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Snake Eyes
Pride - Demisexual
03-15-2022, 09:16 PM
The ooze crystals had been a blessing and a curse, more so a curse to Onyx. She had originally thought they were neat mutations like a lot of the wolves she had met through her life had shown. But instead they ended up being a plague. She wasn't sure if the ooze gave her the antlers, or if she was intended to have them all along. She was starting to get over the thought that they were going to be leading to her pain and death. They seemed pretty normal by now.

She joined Bronze easily, and talking to him was no chore either. She was usually one of few words, or had a hard time finding the right things to say. Not to her family though. She was the most comfortable, genuine Onyx for them. It wasn't so easy for everyone else. "I've been doing much better since the spring. My strength is still improving. I hope you've been staying on the brighter side of things." Her small grin had faded as she sighed quietly and gave a moment of thought to herself. She could be real with Bronze, but it was difficult for her to express the specific thing on her mind. "If I am completely honest Bronze, I don't know what is next for me." She didn't know if he would have the answer, or a response at all. But it almost felt good to just get it off her chest a little.

"Onyx Destruction"
F2U base by Snowylaika

Bronze

Armada
Warrior

Master Fighter (270)

Intermediate Hunter (30)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Nyx

04-26-2022, 11:13 AM
Perhaps the concept of home was a bit vaguer of a concept for her and his family than it was for most wolves, but Onyx was right that he was pretty far from their usual stomping grounds. There wasn't much further he'd be tempted to go though, not without damn good reason. And while it was somewhat surprising that Onyx had found him so easily without trying, at the same time he reasoned maybe it wasn't that difficult that they were all naturally attuned to one another - they were blood, after all, and he wasn't sure there was a tie more important.

"I have," Bronze responded easily. Truthfully he had no real complaints, even with the relative monotony of life. Even largely on his own he was finding ways to work on self-improvement, always growing stronger if nothing else was happening. That was the only way he knew how to live. He was content to sit here in silence with her for awhile and simply enjoy the scenery for as long as they chose, but he was pleasantly surprised when she initiated an unexpected change in the conversation.

"I feel the same way, sister," he admitted quietly. Though he'd never felt truly fulfilled when they'd lived in a pack, he wasn't quite sure if that sort of life suited him or not. It was hard to say for sure. Bronze mused over it for a moment before letting out a quiet sigh. "Do you have any ideas at all about what you see in your future? Besides the ice and snow?" His tone was serious but not without a faint hint of humor too. He'd be surprised if she left the north but ultimately the decision was hers and hers alone.

Onyx

Hemlock
Paladin

Expert Fighter (188)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Chrono

Pride - Demisexual
05-28-2022, 02:52 PM
Onyx could feel the same way Bronze did. She didn't have any complaints of the life they shared here. But as she was getting older she was realizing that she needed to do something. She had always been a little more naturally secluded but she didn't want to be that way. She wanted to do... something, anything really. Meet others, join a pack maybe, she wasn't exactly sure. But life here with her family while fulfilling in it's own way, it wasn't enough. She needed more. It was hard to confess such a thing. They had been here their whole lives beside each other. It was a way of survival in it's own that they were raised to live in. She'd never fully say goodbye to any of them.

Onyx too took a few seconds as her brows furrowed in thought. It wasn't an easy explanation, maybe not for him either. She would need to think about it and honestly she couldn't give him any true answer today.  She didn't know what was in store for her, not until it would happen she supposed. A completely unknown future for her, and maybe for him too. "I do not. But... what if ice and snow are far from it?" It wasn't an answer, but just a glimpse of something completely different than their lives now. "I don't know. I've been thinking of taking a trip, exploring some parts of our world that I've never seen before. Maybe I'll find something, maybe I'll just know where I belong when I'm there." She took a hard glance at her brother, it was the most emotional she could get really. "I'd never say goodbye to you, or the rest of our family. I'll always want to find my way back here."

"Onyx Destruction"
F2U base by Snowylaika

Bronze

Armada
Warrior

Master Fighter (270)

Intermediate Hunter (30)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Nyx

06-24-2022, 09:27 AM

The itch to do something different was something he could relate to. He'd felt an inkling of that as soon as the pack they'd been a part of had ceased to be, and again when their parents had settled down. A relatively quiet, solitary life seemed enjoyable enough for him but Onyx was right - what if there was more? More than the north, more than their snow and frozen forests. He knew she was right but he was less certain about whether he'd fit in anywhere else like he did here.

Bronze thought on her words for a moment. "Perhaps a trip will do you good," he suggested lightly. Maybe the same didn't apply to him but he supposed only time would tell. He returned the look she gave him, giving her a somber nod. "You'll always know where to find us, wherever you go. I don't doubt that for a second. I just hope your journeys treat you well." Even though she'd talked about it as a hypothetical it seemed inevitable somehow.