size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Hermes

Pride - PansexualSamhain 2022TeacherDouble Master1K
04-01-2022, 06:17 PM
Ricin has grown tall, his long legs gangly on his lean frame. The season had changed and, with it, the brothers blue had become yearlings. Since the pack meeting, Ricin has worked hard to further his skills with exploring, even taking time to learn the lay of the lands nearby in hopes of securing a spot as a Rimor. Nervous energy bubbles in his chest as he makes his way toward the common area by the lake, doubt starting to creep into his mind. Is he really ready for this position? Should he wait until he is an adult?

Soon enough, he comes to stop at the spot by the lake and, fearing that he might change his mind, Ricin tips his head back and releases a soft call for Manea. Butterflies dance around inside his stomach as he waits, dread and joy waging a silent war inside him.

"Ricin Dauner"

Manea

Elysium
Advisor

Expert Fighter (204)

Master Hunter (260)

An icon representing the specialty Defender Defender

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Shelby

Samhain 2022Statue 2 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Ooh La LaPride - Bisexual
04-01-2022, 06:33 PM

Manea was surprised, but pleased to hear a call for her from Ricin. Ever since she took the brothers in she had been impressed with their dedication to bettering their skills and both of them had made very good progress in all of their areas of expertise. Being a powerful fighter or an excellent navigator weren't the only things she expected from them, but the fact that they had been making an active effort toward something and had clear aspirations for their lives certainly made her happy to see. She was more than happy to step away from what she was doing to go answer Ricin's call, finding the lighter of the two blue boys standing by the lake. He and Chade had grown so much since she found them scavenging for food and failing to use a poorly built trap. Just like Avacyn and Saracyn they were growing up to be fine young adults right before her eyes.

"Ricin," she said affectionately as she walked over to where he was waiting, offering him a smile. It seemed like it was just him alone today, Chade nowhere in sight. "What can I help you with?" she asked curiously, settling down on her haunches across from him with a slight tilt of her head. It didn't look like he was lacking for food, he wasn't injured, and as far as she knew nothing was wrong with Chade. The young man did look particularly nervous though so she was interested to see what he had called her for.

Manea | Temno | Ciemny

Ricin

"Born In Suffering; Built with Love"

Elysium
Tracker

Master Navigator (240)

Master Intellectual (270)

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Hermes

04-01-2022, 06:49 PM
Ricin does not have to wait long for Manea to answer his call, her approaching purple form causing him to smile widely. The affection in her voice has the yearling melting for a moment, the thought that he is wanted here almost overwhelming him. However, he reigns his emotions as he continues to smile at the alpha, tail wagging slowly at his hips. When she asks what she help him with, the smile falters and falls away, his features taking on a more serious tone. Crimson eyes find her turquoise gaze and Ricin takes a deep breath.

Thoughts jumble together as doubt causes his stomach to clench. For a moment, he is afaird he might open his mouth and vomit all over Manea but the feeling quickly passes. Swallowing, Ricin musters up all his courage to say, “Hello Manea. I have come to ask for higher position in the pack.” At least… that is what he thinks he says. With all his nervousness and jittery energy, the blue boy actually exhales the held breathand forces all his words out at once. They smoosh together to sound something like, “HiManea.Cametoaskbouthigherposition.” Breath hitches as he waits to hear if she will allow him to try for a spot as a Rimor. This is a big step for the young wolf and he fidgets as he awaits the verdict.

"Ricin Dauner"

Manea

Elysium
Advisor

Expert Fighter (204)

Master Hunter (260)

An icon representing the specialty Defender Defender

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Shelby

Samhain 2022Statue 2 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Ooh La LaPride - Bisexual
04-01-2022, 11:51 PM

She smiled at Ricin's obvious nervousness and excitement as he asked her in a rush she barely understood about getting a higher rank, chuckling softly to herself. She knew some wolves still considered yearlings to be children and in some ways she knew that Ricin, his brother, and her twins still had maturing and growing to do, but she had taken on the leadership of her family at such a young age that she would never discredit what they were capable of. His age would never bar him for going into a position of greater responsibility in her opinion as long as he had the skill to back it up—which she thought he did.

"So you would like to be our first Rimor, hm?" she asked, her smile showing her pride in him taking the initiative to go for a higher rank at his age. "I have no doubt that you have been preparing yourself for this and I've seen how hard you have been working. I do of course have a test of skill for you to make sure you are really ready for the role. The Rimor is responsible for keeping an eye on weather patterns so we can prepare for coming storms, for scouting the land before we travel or launch an attack on another pack, and for searching our territory and near by lands for any resources we can make use of. Are you confident in being able to do all of those things?" She let Ricin confirm before she told him, "Alright, then I want you to spend a couple of days scouting the areas near the pack for a place that would have interesting materials we can add to our supplies or a place we could use as a hideout if needed. When you have a satisfactory prize to present to me then call me and I'll come to you."

Manea | Temno | Ciemny

Ricin

"Born In Suffering; Built with Love"

Elysium
Tracker

Master Navigator (240)

Master Intellectual (270)

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Hermes

04-09-2022, 05:37 PM
The nervous excitement that seems to radiate off Ricin causes the boy to smoosh his words together in his haste to ask for higher position within the pack. Manea chuckles softly and a small, lopsided grin appears on his dark lips while his body wiggles with barely contained energy. When she repeats his request back to him, the blue boy’s eyes widen in excitement and his bobs his head up and down vigorously. The smile that she gives him has some of the tension melting out of his frame and a brighter smile filling out his face. How he wished she had been the boys mother. But history cannot be changed and instead, Ricin has decided to devote his life to helping Manea and the pack, every waking moment he has will be given in service to them. She speaks and the light blue boy straightens up, squaring his shoulders and nodding in firm agreement as she speaks. She asks if he can do everything a Rimor’s duty requires and he lets his crimson gaze firmly lock onto her turquoise eyes before saying, “I am.”

With that, Manea gives him a task to scout the area near the pack for a place that will be useful to them and Ricin once more nods his understanding. With the serious stuff done, another happy smile appears as Ricin enthusiastically says, “I won’t let you do Manea! Keep an ear out for me. I’ll find us the best hideout ever!” Bidding her farewell, the gangly boy lopes off in the direction of the den he shares with Chade. He will inform his brother of the task given before packing some food and heading out to scout the nearby areas. Ricin is determined to be the first Rimor of the pack and nothing will stop him from accomplishing it.

"Ricin Dauner"