An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Ali

Samhain 2022Underachiever1KAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
WealthyVengeanceHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! GlobetrotterOverachieverLegendary
Ooh La LaHomebodyCritical Block!ExplorerPride - DemisexualWinner
Mammoth HunterIce Bridge ExplorerWordyDouble MasterCritical Hit!
05-09-2022, 11:48 AM
It was a hot and muggy night, the air so thick it felt as though it was clogging Hattori's airways. A problem with being so far south, he supposed. That the blazing hot summers in Ashen were nothing compared to this, seemed cool and breezy, with the ocean air doing wonders to soften the sweltering blow. And yet the heat barely even factored into Hattori's intense focus as he stood there, statue still, surrounded by ancient oaks. Older than anything natural he'd ever seen.

The steady dripping of blood filled his ears, sinking into the bone dry earth as his gaze followed its descent. It was...a mess, putting it lightly.

What used to be a wolf, swayed as it hung above him off a gnarled branch. It's throat ripped open from one side to the next, the gaping hole hooked over the tip of the branch, like someone had hooked their coat on the back of a door with its hood open. Stretched out, limbs dangling and still fresh.

He couldn't say he recognised them, but how was he supposed to when they were like this? Misshapen and wrong, only recognisable as a wolf due to their smell and lingering wolfen features. How had it even come to this? He didn't see any other signs of injury, and how had a creature been strong enough to lynch them up like this? Whoever he was, even Hattori recognised they didn't deserve such a fate. No one did.

If nothing else he ought to get them down and bury them properly. Give them some sort of dignity before he started to look for a trail, see if their murderer was still lurking around.

[Image: de83uxb-0342be6c-7454-4392-a336-72e10a43...s88RF1Wrtg]

Aura

gems
size
build
player
05-11-2022, 09:52 AM

Aura had decided to take a trip to the lands below to see if they could scrounge up any last minute healing herbs that had yet to die off before winter really hit back home and they were no longer able to make trips like this.  Leaving the comforts of their mountain den was never ideal, but they figured a little bit of wandering from time-to-time did the soul some good.  Little did they know that what they'd see because of this adventure of theirs would, in fact, not do the soul any good, and would ensure that Aura never really travelled too far from home ever again.

The fae could smell him before they saw him, but after some time a wolf most peculiar was spotted in the distance.  He seemed to be examining something.  Aura, thinking they'd be able to help since it was dark out and their coat provided an illuminating glow, made their way over to the male.  "Sir, do you need a light?  I might be able to hel--- what the fuck?"

Aura wanted to throw up.  They could feel the saliva building up in their mouth and the bile creeping up their throat as they took a few slow steps away from the man in terror.  Had he done this?  No, he couldn't have.  Sure, there was red all over his pelt, but none of it appeared to be blood... Or was it?  No, it wouldn't be that bright on his fur.  He couldn't have... unless he'd done it previously and had since washed?  Shit, shit, shit!.

”Speech”  ’Thought’

I have some pebbles and hefty big boulders.
I have been trying to fit them inside.

Hanzō

Tojo-kai
Kaicho

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (240)

An icon representing the specialty Marauder Marauder

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Ali

Samhain 2022Underachiever1KAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
WealthyVengeanceHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! GlobetrotterOverachieverLegendary
05-15-2022, 08:57 AM
Hattori turned, offering the stranger a side glance as they offered help. Hm, he supposed he might need some help to get the body down without damaging it further. But they, whoever they were, were quick to take note of the scene and start to freak out. Reasonable enough for sure, but Hattori wasn't the most understanding of audiences. Not when he knew what this might look like. Truly though, if he had done such a thing wouldn't his teeth be caked in blood? Would he not be winded, out of breath from the strain of somehow managing to haul a body up like that? He was undeniably strong, stronger than most, but at the end of the day he was just a wolf. Limited by the things a wolfs form could and couldn't do.

He let the silence linger on for a moment longer, before he sighed. A slow blink.

"I did not do this. Think on it for a moment." He assumed logic and reason would find them once more once the shock passed.  "I do not recognise them, do you?" Even the smell-of what he could gleam behind the reek of blood and death-was unfamiliar. Something he couldn't place. "But if nothing else I wish to get them down from there, give them a proper burial." One last show of dignity.

After that? He would have to search the area, see if there were blood trails. A clue to as to where the perpetrator had headed, whether they might strike again.  

Aura

gems
size
build
player
05-15-2022, 09:23 AM

With their heart pumping wildly in their ears and adrenaline coursing through their veins it was difficult to make out what the stranger was saying, though nevertheless Aura did their best to listen.  They closed their eyes for a moment and attempted to get their breathing under control.  Slowly the pink wolf was able to reason marginally with their wild, untamed fear and they opened their eyes again.  If nothing else he was still standing in the same spot and hadn't attempted to attack while their eyes were closed, that was a good sign.

If what the man said rang true then it was likely that he hadn't done this after all.  Who would go out of their way to do such a thing to a body only to later decide wait, actually, I want to treat my murder victim with respect?  Probably not many if any.  Plus, if he did do it Aura was fucked anyways.  Their coat glowed in the dark.  The saying "you can run but you can't hide" was practically made with them in mind.  Best to just stay on his good side and pretend this was all just some huge misunderstanding, because hopefully it was.    

"I don't recognize 'em.."  The fae admitted in a small voice, stepping closer to the body to get a better look.  "That's awfully kind of ya'.  I'd like to help, if that's okay.. Who would do somethin' like this?" not that they expected the stranger to know, but whoever it was must have really hated whoever this was.  You could barely even tell it was a wolf.

”Speech”  ’Thought’

I have some pebbles and hefty big boulders.
I have been trying to fit them inside.

Hanzō

Tojo-kai
Kaicho

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (240)

An icon representing the specialty Marauder Marauder

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Ali

05-16-2022, 09:44 AM
Hattori regarded the stranger from the corner of his glowing silver eye, thoughtful and quiet, only to nod once. It was as he suspected then, the dead stranger's coat was unremarkable at best. An average tawny wolf, doing little to suggest as to who they were or where they'd come from. But regardless of how lacklustre they were, they'd still been a person. Been known by others, likely were being missed at this very moment. It was a shame, no one could deny it.

It was fine if they wished to help, would likely make the process easier and pass quicker. Good thing too as Hattori was not eager to hang out, understandably so. But where to start? His gaze roamed the length of the branch, pale brows furrowing as he realised it was too thick, sturdy to hope to snap it. He supposed the only thing they could do was unhook the body and lower it down and catch it as best they could. Turning to the newcomer, he started to formulate a plan.

"Someone with malice in their heart." He said, as just one look at the body told all one needed to know. That it had been violent, overkill. "Can you climb? I need you to...unhook the body and I will catch it." Somehow.

It was either that or they try and poke it down with sticks. Tedious and unlikely to work.