An icon representing the specialty Marauder Marauder

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Paleo species
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022
06-02-2022, 06:24 PM (This post was last modified: 06-02-2022, 06:44 PM by Basilisk. Edited 2 times in total.)

He lost. He… lost? he looked up and realised how many eyes were on them. He saw his father, grandfather, and leaders from other packs. All here to see the golden boy of the Armada lose. His ears flattened to his skull as fear kicked in. What was his father going to say? He had to say something first, he had to get out of here/

He turned to Fern, and his anger congregated into a fine point. This was her fault. He glared at the fully fledged adult that had given him a smack down. “Pat yourself on the back. Your instructor put you up against a child so you could enjoy an easy win.”  He snarled, and turning angrily he stormed out of the ring

"Speech"

[Image: 2yUYF9E.png]
As his Consort, Ignita can enter any of his threads without warning

Fern

"Live Like A Warrior"

Loner
Lead Hunter

Master Fighter (290)

Master Hunter (280)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Hermes

Samhain 2022How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Double MasterOoh La LaThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
06-02-2022, 07:04 PM
The fight is over and Fern had won! Blue eyes look around in stunned disbelief as she cannot quite believe that she had just won. However, as she looks up to the huge boy and sees the emotions flickering across his features. Happiness quickly takes over and she offers him a huge smile. Gray tail wags joyfully as she opens her mouth to offer Basilisk some kind and encouraging words.

However, they die on her tongue as the boy she has quickly coming to regard \ as her friend, lashes out at her with hurtful, stinging words of his own. He then turns and storms out of the ring leaving behind a confused and hurt Fern. Her mouth is still hangs open and she quickly snaps it shut with a resounding ‘clack’ while watching his retreating form. Tears sting her eyes as she looks around trying to figure out what she had done wrong.

Others are still finishing up their fights and the second round has yet to begin so Fern decides to follow after Basilisk. Quickly anger takes the place of the hurt she had felt and, as she catches up the huge boy, she shouts, “Basilisk! Where are you going? What the hell was that all about?” A scowl pulls her brow down and a frown rests on her lips. Does she need to teach him how to be a gracious loser? Right now, Fern is angry enough to rip the kid up one side and down the other but she bites her tongue, giving Basilisk a chance to explain himself.

"Fern Lark"
Fern has a female stoat companion named Puff. She is always nearby.

Basilisk

Armada
Warlord

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Paleo species
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022
06-02-2022, 07:16 PM

At her shouted words he hunched his shoulders, his ears flattening, and then zinging upwards again as he fought the urge to fall into an embarrassed stance. Did she have to yell so loudly? His own words had been hissed, and he hadn’t been trying to make a scene. Just let his anger known. That win was supposed to be his.

As she got closer, he turned back to her. Darting a look behind her to ensure no one else had followed. Then he turned his angry, disappointed eyes to her. “My dad expects me to win, and I should have. I was supposed to win.” He said. He couldn’t lose, not when Azure was watching him. He hadn’t before. This was the first real disappointment he had given Azure and he could feel his anger and fear rising.

"Speech"

Fern

"Live Like A Warrior"

Loner
Lead Hunter

Master Fighter (290)

Master Hunter (280)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Hermes

Samhain 2022How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Double MasterOoh La LaThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
06-02-2022, 10:13 PM
His hissed words had stung and Fern had chased him, shouting her own in anger at him. She watches his ears flatten and feels a surge of irritation at the boy. This was supposed to a fun tournament where equals clashed in a show of skills. If Basilisk had won, Fern would have praised and congratulated him, not made his victory seem empty. When he turns to face her, the gray girl stops and plants her paws, refusing to get any closer. A couple tears escape and trail down her cheek as her body trembles from barely suppressed sadness and rage. The huge boy turns his angry, disappointed eyes to her and Fern feels the sting once more.

The words Basilisk speaks are biting, sharpened to hurt and hurled at her heart. Emotions flicker across her features as she tries to understand, finally managing to spit out a few words that are choked with emotion, “Then your dad is an asshole Basilisk. If you can’t be happy for a friend winning, then you shouldn’t fight.” She puts emphasis on friend, showing that his actions are hurting not just anyone. More tears spill out as Fern angrily turns away, not wanting to allow the boy the pleasure of seeing the pain he is causing her.

Head turns so she can say over her shoulder, “Fights like these are supposed to be about having fun. You can’t win every fight Basilisk and I guess it was time you learned that.” Nostrils flare as Fern begins to move away, shoulders quivering. How is she supposed to focus on her next fight when the first one has been made hallow? Numbly, the gray girl begins to stalk back toward the fighting area.

"Fern Lark"

Basilisk

Armada
Warlord

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Paleo species
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022
06-02-2022, 10:22 PM

He set his chin stubbornly at the sight of her tears. What did she have to cry about? She wasn’t the one that disappointed her entire family in front of other pack leaders. She hadn’t seen the subtle loathing lingering behind in his fathers eyes. The memory of it sent shivers through his limbs. He was going to be seeing that micro expression in his nightmares for a long time coming.

He visibly flinched when Fern called his father an asshole. “Hey!” he said for his fathers honour. Feeling compelled to speak out for it. But it was hard to hold too much anger in the face of her hurt. He started to feel uncomfortable as she looked away. Like an ass. “This was my first one, and I had to win. Don’t you see that? He’s not going to forgive this.” He said softly, unsure if she heard it as she started to turn away from him.

"Speech"

Fern

"Live Like A Warrior"

Loner
Lead Hunter

Master Fighter (290)

Master Hunter (280)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Hermes

06-08-2022, 12:55 AM
The huge boy sets his jaw as tears slide down Fern’s cheeks, even more spilling in anger at this whole situation. Why was Basilisk being so mean? She may never understand the pressure that the young prince is under from his father but she does understand that friends shouldn’t treat each other this way. Words are spit about his dad and the huge boy bristles, barking a sharp ‘Hey!’ that does little to quell her growing ire. The gray girl has to leave, has to get away before she completely breaks down or lashes out with truly hurtful words. More words are thrown over her shoulder at Basilisk and his words force her paws to halt.

Slowly, carefully, Fern turns to Basilisk, hurt still burning bright in eyes. She takes a moment to reign in her tongue, pulling in several deep breathes before saying, “Basilisk, the only fights you have to win, are the ones where your life depends on it. What would your father think if I had pulled punches and allowed you to win? Would he have been proud of you then? There is nothing that you need forgiveness for from him. You went out there and put it all on the line and so did I. You should be holding your head high Basilisk not fretting over a loss. This is a moment that defines who you are. Not your father; you. I hope you can step out of his shadow and find out who you are before you lose any more friends.”

The anger slowly bleeds from Fern’s frame as she speaks until she is left feeling like a hallow shell. Looking to the boy, she shakes her gray head and turns her back to him, moving to return to where the tournament is. She needs to go clear her mind before the next round.

-exit Fern-

"Fern Lark"