gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Lackadaisy

HomebodySnake EyesPride - Pansexual
06-05-2022, 01:57 PM (This post was last modified: 06-05-2022, 02:41 PM by Sayuri. Edited 2 times in total.)

It had not been long in this world.

Sayuri had wandered as far as possible, avoiding the chilling north and focusing on Auster entirely. A few quite nice wolves told here she was here, one out of two lands joined by the Bifrost Bridge. She could not tell anyone how she had come to Boreas. The mark she had trailed and trapped was now indisposed. They had run far, far away from contractors. It was to be her last job before freedom, repaying the debt from her master and moving on.

It had all gone smoothly, considering the time it took. Her master took one look at the corpse and nodded; the bond between them severed with the final blow. He was not an emotional man. He took some fur to confirm the kill and left. Sayuri grasped her own freedom readily. It had been an agreement of sorts, a retirement if she was being honest. Now she has the potential to do so much more. Roaming close to the border, she looks across the bay.

Though inexperienced with packs, she knew by instinct this land was claimed. Sayuri had skirted a few other claimed lands, their stench unbearable to the vagabond. Why did she decide on this one? Simple. The scent of bamboo. It was faint but there. She did so enjoy the smell. There was something else here too, something... familiar. She let a soft call radiate from her lips, drifting on the wind and into the ears of anyone that happened to be by.

speech here
destroying castles in the sky
K I N G S L A Y E R
forevermore the apple of my eye

Hanzō

Tojo-kai
Kaicho

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (240)

An icon representing the specialty Marauder Marauder

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Ali

Samhain 2022Underachiever1KAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
WealthyVengeanceHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! GlobetrotterOverachieverLegendary
Ooh La LaHomebodyCritical Block!ExplorerPride - DemisexualWinner
Mammoth HunterIce Bridge ExplorerWordyDouble MasterCritical Hit!
06-05-2022, 03:06 PM
It seemed as though visitors were getting all the more common at his borders, calling for him in the hopes they'd be taken into the fold. Hattori didn't have a problem with it, not really, if anything it was a good thing. There was always plenty of work to be done around here, the more paws on the ground the better. And yet he couldn't help but feel a little cautious, as though one face out of the many might be up to no good. So far things had been smooth sailing, but would it always be the case? Who could say.

Moving at a steady lope, Hattori transitioned from Bamboo to Bay. The day was stifling hot and as soon as Hattori stepped out of the shade he felt the sunlight strike him, sudden and fierce, enough to make him reconsider coming out this way.  But her persisted, his ears flicking back as he skirted around the beach. Allowing the cool water to lap at his paws, to offer a little respite before he angled north towards the border.  The foliage was thick and tangled out this way, unmanaged on purpose to form a sort of barrier between Tojo land and the neutral zone outside. Through the green he saw a splash of white, soft hues of red and pinks adorned the stranger's coat. Yet another koi wolf seeking out home, familiarity, it seemed.

Coming to a standstill, he regarded her for a moment longer. Allowed the silence to settle.

"What brings you here?"He asked in his native tongue, knowing full well a woman like her would be able to understand him well.

[Image: de83uxb-0342be6c-7454-4392-a336-72e10a43...s88RF1Wrtg]

Sayuri

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Lackadaisy

06-05-2022, 03:17 PM

She would not wait long. A good thing, too, for she did not like it. A smile graced her lips at the man's presence. Ah, yes. Right to the point. She enjoyed that too. Her head slipped, blue gaze between them and not on his coat or eyes. Sayuri knew better than to look directly at another being, especially one who held rank and title. "Good sir, I have come from a far way" she said in their shared tongue, pleased he could speak it "though I am able of body and capable of hardship, I have more to learn. I seek training and work."

She had a feeling he could offer both. Sayuri was not an egotistic woman; she knew her skills could fester more if allowed. She had basic training that had lasted her so far, and yet... she desired more. "This is a community, no? I wish to pledge myself to it and the leader. I offer my services as a woman who can hunt and protect borders, as well as train children in the art of battle and subterfuge." Her vocals were light, singing and clear. She did not look up at him as she spoke, content to gaze at the ground. Something told her he held much reign here. Be he leader or not, he outranked her as a pack wolf.

"My title is Chiba Sayuri, good sir." And there, she would wait his judgement.

speech here
K I N G S L A Y E R

Hanzō

Tojo-kai
Kaicho

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Ali

Samhain 2022Underachiever1KAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
WealthyVengeanceHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! GlobetrotterOverachieverLegendary
06-05-2022, 03:44 PM
Hattori wasn't entirely sure what to expect. She had the look of a woman who enjoyed the softer side of life, like she'd spent her days at the shoulder of someone in charge. Such a lifestyle wasn't at all uncommon back in Nihon, but Hattori had little need of or interest in such a woman here. Had she worked that angle he would have sent her away, perhaps to Fenmyre where they revelled in that sort of debauchery, but instead the woman had more to offer. Skills that would no doubt prove useful. He supposed he shouldn't judge a book by its cover and if she was as talented as she claimed then he imagined she would have much to share with the children of Tojo.

Considering it a moment longer, he blinked slowly, breaking the stone of his gaze.

"We could make use of your services, but am I to trust they are as good as you claim, Chiba? ?"

Sayuri

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Lackadaisy

06-05-2022, 04:10 PM

The man would assume she was weak. Sayuri lifted her eyes, lashes flickering briefly as she glanced to the side. There was a water bison that was lazing near the border a few feet away. However, nothing else tempting was there. If the pack did not need food, there was little need to attack the bison. "If it pleases you, good sir, I can demonstrate my skills. Allow me to fetch my blade." She gave a final nod to him before backing and turning. Sayuri would be quick about fetching her sword, the hilt of it a pink-green over silver as she held it in her jaws. The sheath of it was black with blue wave patterns.

Placing it between them, she began again. She would allow him to inspect the blade if he wished. "I do not claim to be a master, yet I know my way around steel and poison. However, I will not use venomous skills in a display" Sayuri cautioned him "what opponent may I test against?" There was no one but them here, to her knowledge. If he was going to test her, he may do it himself. Or he may have a hidden foe in the dark, some sort of tempered beast that lurks among their reeds and maze? She could only assume.

speech here
K I N G S L A Y E R

Hanzō

Tojo-kai
Kaicho

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Ali

06-07-2022, 09:55 AM
Hattori took a moment to inspect the blade, a hairpin but sharp and pointed. Enough to kill. He had seen craftsmanship like this before, intricate and sleek, making him wonder just what clan she had hailed from. Iga did not claim ownership of the shinobi arts, there were many families and organisations in Nihon, so the possibilities were near endless. Everyone had their secrets, some sharper than most.

His gaze roamed over the slope of her shoulders, brows furrowing in quiet consideration. He indeed wished to test her, though despite what her pride might lead her to think, it was nothing personal. It was difficult for the Kaicho to take words at face value, he needed substance behind them, a reason to believe and trust.

"A tiger has taken up residence in our neighbouring territory." He cast a glance west, knowing the Runestones lay beyond the towering bamboo. Usually mere proximity wouldn't serve to be too much of an issue, he'd be willing to ignore it if it knew its place, but it had gotten brazen as of late. Had gotten too close for comfort. "Come with me to kill it. That shall be your test."

Sayuri

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Lackadaisy

06-07-2022, 10:08 AM

"The tiger will die."

This she vowed to him, her potential leader. Taking the blade back, she slung it over her back. He had no remarks about it. She supposed that would come later, if questions were to be had. She hoped to lessen the blow as delicately as possible; her having been an assassin under the guise of an entertainer. She had hope that her skills would not fail her.

She would follow the nameless man to the location. This tiger was surely bold, so she best mentally prepared herself for a fight. Sayuri had little reason to disagree and reject the proposal. She sought a place to reside, and now she was presented with a test. A trial. Only too content to prove herself, she would follow gladly - until there was a reason not to.

/brief exit
speech here
K I N G S L A Y E R