An icon representing the specialty Tactician Tactician

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

VengeanceThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2VengeanceUnderachieverExplorer
Mammoth HunterIce Bridge ExplorerPride - BisexualSnake Eyes1KDouble Master
04-24-2022, 09:01 AM

Golden leaves danced in the lazy morning breeze as the sun rolled higher into the sky. Dagrún stretched out in the equally golden grasses a little ways away from the barn. Fireside had been quiet of late and she found herself some what directionless. Dag knew she had duties and responsibilities she should be attending to and some she did. She patrolled the borders and trained by herself. She supposed she should call the other fighters together and hold some sort of training but that wasn't really her style. She didn't think of herself as the leadership type. As far as she was concerned that was someone else's job but perhaps the quiet would motivate her. Time would tell.

Ysmir

The Syndicate
Ghazi

Advanced Fighter (70)

Advanced Hunter (70)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
KatG6

The Ooze Participant
04-25-2022, 11:58 AM
Ysmir felt a lot different when he returned from the last visit with Gwynevere. It was always the height of pleasure being at her side. Leaving was always difficult but he couldn’t shed the feeling of duty towards his family and pack. So he forced a goodbye, not a verbal one, but signed. The whole time he stayed with her it felt like they were working on the visual language. They made more progress than he could have imagined, and already he was counting down until he could see her again.

Now he was home Ysmir was practicing on his own and with his fox Krah, whose paws were much easier to understand than Barenziah’s talons. They were near Fireside’s massive barn, a place that was familiar and comforting, a perfect place to study.

They were at it most of the morning, and as the sun started to reach its height Ysmir was distracted by his sister. He had always looked up to his sibling, her skills had grown exponentially compared to his own. He shook the thoughts from his mind as dark ears perked, tilting his head curiously as he peeked at her from over the grass.
Ysmir is mostly mute, he also has a Gyrfalcon named Barenziah and an Arctic Fox called Krah who are likely nearby.

Dagrún

Loner

Master Fighter (295)

Master Intellectual (260)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

VengeanceThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2VengeanceUnderachieverExplorer
05-08-2022, 12:03 PM

A rush of wind descended from the north, churning the leaves up around her and whisking them further south. If she was being completely honest with herself she was eager to get out into the world, to see the north lands her mother had told her about. She liked Fireside of course but more and more her restless spirit urged her to get out on her own, and particularly to head northward. Heading north in time for winter might seem foolhardy. To Dagrún it was a challenge. A test of her strength and might. Yet, how did she explain this urge to her leader?

Dagrún mused on this question, pausing only when she heard the approach of her soft spoken brother. She smiled at him and beckoned him closer with her paws. "Hey there, Ysmir. I hope you weren't standing there long. I was just lost in thought. Can you believe we're adults now?" Where had the years gone?

Ysmir

The Syndicate
Ghazi

Advanced Fighter (70)

Advanced Hunter (70)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
KatG6

The Ooze Participant
06-05-2022, 05:13 PM
Ysmir peered at his sister, suddenly struck at how fast time really went. When he was a pup he couldn’t wait to be big, to prove himself to his stern parents, to his pack. To go out and raid and bring home loot and pride. But none of that had ever really come to fruition. His parents weren’t proud of him, he’d never won the winning fight in a raid, he didn’t even have the confidence in his ability to go and claim the heart of the girl he loved. He felt like a failure.

Dag couldn’t see the internal struggle though, he wondered if there was anyone who really could beyond Gwynevere. Maybe that was why he cared about her so deeply, she was one of the few who was closest to knowing who he really was and how he truly felt.

The young man perked visibly as Dag finally noticed him, he gave her a warm smile, conveying his feelings towards her. She had always been there for him, able to understand him pretty well for how few words he’d say. He shrugged, he hadn’t really been here for too long and he nodded a little as she mentioned their age. Two years old, full fledged adults ready to really start their lives. But was he ready? Ysmir sighed and looked to his paws, feeling the winds of change as the sands of time passed through his toes.
Ysmir is mostly mute, he also has a Gyrfalcon named Barenziah and an Arctic Fox called Krah who are likely nearby.

Dagrún

Loner

Master Fighter (295)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

06-15-2022, 05:26 PM

Truth be told Dagrún didn't feel like an adult. Her body betrayed her in this way but she would take it for the added strength and power she could feel simmering in her limbs. Clearly she was not alone in this strange mix of feelings. Ysmir shrugged at her question beforing sighing and looking at his paws. Dag moved to sit beside him.

"Yea, me neither. I don't really feel any different. I haven't accomplished any of the things I thought I would have by now." She bit her lower lip as it suddenly occured to her that if she were to leave for adventures northward she might very well be going by herself. She'd never really been away from her family. Could she really just up and walk away from them? Dag stared at her paws, a sense of guilt preventing her from lifting her head."Ysmir… would you be made if I moved away?" She glanced up, emerald eyes scanning her brother's face.

Ysmir

The Syndicate
Ghazi

Advanced Fighter (70)

Advanced Hunter (70)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
KatG6

The Ooze Participant
06-18-2022, 03:13 PM
Ysmir didn’t feel like he was a full adult either, age wise sure, but mentally? He felt like he should have much more experience and clout beneath his belt before he could be a man. His dreams of childhood did not add up to reality now. He was nothing like the man he thought he would be when he was a puppy. Nor was much of anything close to those childish dreams.

Dag shifted closer, sitting beside him easily. He’d never been particularly physically affectionate with anyone in his family, but just as he knew they cared for him the inverse was true. Even if he wasn’t really huggy feely. She spoke, echoing the feelings he was having within. He shook his head with a shrug, in the exact same place she was if not worse off. At least she had gained the real skill that a Viking should have.

She spoke his name and he lifted his dual toned gaze up to hers as she looked ta him seriously and asked. Would he be mad if she moved away. Confusion took over his features at first, he lifted a brow, not having expected the question but even less that she would think he would ever be upset with her over it. Then quickly after he shook his head, he would never be upset with her for following her heart. It was just as important as any other guide they might have.

Dagrún

Loner

Master Fighter (295)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

07-05-2022, 06:04 PM

Dagrún's eyes searched her brother's face for any hint of acceptance or disdain. At first there was confusion but then he shook his head and she let out a sigh of relief. "Thanks Mir, I knew you'd understand. I don't know if I can continue to grow in Fireside as it is. I want to try heading north. I've heard there are some nomadic bands up that way, maybe one would accept me? I'd come back to visit often of course!" Dag didn't want her family to think she was abandoning them. It was just time to move on. She was an adult now. She needed to carve out her own path.