size
Medium
build
Light
player
Lackadaisy

HomebodySnake EyesPride - Pansexual
06-06-2022, 05:48 PM

Having been accepted into the pack, Sayuri took her time exploring. The wafting of bamboo drew her in, drawing her to the maze without complaint. She smiled dreamily as she entered the location, gazing openly and fearing no stranger that would cross her path. Alpha Hattori had been kind enough to let her in after a display of her skills. She was only too eager to be in this fold, as it was most like her homeland. She felt peace here. Perhaps she would meditate.

Drawing the sheathed blade from her back, she found a suitable spot to settle. Her paws kneaded the grass idly before tucking under her - akin to a feline laying down. Blue eyes focused on the horizon, the setting sun. She would need to find a place to sleep too... That would be tomorrow. She felt safe in the confines of Tojo-kai. Sleeping in the open would not be so terrible for this night. Sayuri bent forward, her chin resting on the blade as she began to lull.

A well deserved rest after her travels.

speech here
destroying castles in the sky
K I N G S L A Y E R
forevermore the apple of my eye

Usagi

Loner

Master Fighter (245)

Advanced Hunter (103)

An icon representing the specialty Weaponsmaster Weaponsmaster

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Talia

Samhain 2022Statue 4 Worship
06-08-2022, 01:46 PM

Though he was bitter about his injury, and more sour than usual (if such a thing was even possible), Usagi forced himself to continue some semblance of a routine to keep himself from stewing in misery. Which wasn't working - he was miserable, inside and out, and if looks could kill, Tojo itself would've been doomed. Mossy eyes clouded with pain and sharp like cyanide, the koi wolf limped through the maze, his right hind ankle thickly bandaged and off the ground. He ensured to follow Tenshi's instructions as much as possible, and if it meant he'd heal faster, then so be it. Keep it clean, keep it bandaged. A twisted scowl marred his charcoal lips, stretching down further than it ever had, his brow furrowed in a constant display of sheer anger. If one looked closer at his hobbling form, they could've sworn they could see white-hot flames surrounding his aura. He was anger personified.

It wasn't long after he passed a landmark, a notch he himself had cut into the thick stalk of a bamboo shoot, that he knew he was approaching the thicker central part of the maze. And it wasn't long in his miserable stew of thoughts that his range of sight was interrupted by another koi-splotched figure. Seriously, how many koi were drawn to this pack? Was it some sort of beacon they emitted, reaching even those from his native land? No longer so focused on his wound, Usagi approached the figure, a slimly built woman who sat herself like a cat and was resting her chin upon a regal-looking blade. The hohei didn't have his own double-bladed word on him, having left it in his den reluctantly. He wouldn't be of any use fighting or sparring in his state, anyways. She appeared to be meditating, eyes closed and seemingly deep in thought. The warrior tilted his head, flopped ear flicking briefly before he cleared his throat. A more subtle way of interrupted someone, perhaps. He shifted on his three legs, not really wanting to socialize, but was grudgingly accepting anything that could get him off of feeling the constant throb of his ankle.

”Speech”  ’Thought’

wishing there was something left to lose
this could be the day i die for you—

Sayuri

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Lackadaisy

06-08-2022, 02:53 PM

She gave a gentle start, unfurling herself. Sayuri noticed the look on the man's face, along with his wrapped injury. She would say nothing to draw attention to it though, barely giving a second glance to it. Raising a paw, she stifled a yawn against it before lowering it. He did not speak to her, but he drew attention all the same. Perhaps he assumed she was new, and he would be right, and sought to introduce himself? If so, he was quite polite.

"My apologies, good sir" she began, lifting her neck upward to properly look at him "I am Chiba Sayuri... Am I meditating somewhere unfit?" The woman would be polite toward him, not knowing his ranking in Tojo-kai. Perhaps that would change soon? "or am I in your way?" she asked, tilting her head up at him. There seemed to be no assault thrown her way - Hattori's scent was enough to sway him away from anger.

Though she had not missed his seething inward rage from that first glance.

speech here
K I N G S L A Y E R

Usagi

Loner

Master Fighter (245)

Advanced Hunter (103)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Talia

06-10-2022, 09:25 PM

The lithe woman had unfurled herself from her meditative prose, lifting her face to meet his own. She even apologized, something that cknfused him slightly. He was the one that interjected into her meditation, her moment of peace after all - should he not be the one to offer his apologies? She went on to introduce herself and ask if where she was meditating was ‘unfit’. Usagi shook his head. "Not at all. Meditate where you wish - there is plenty of room in the Maze," He responded, genuine even if his tone was void of any emotion. "Apologies for my intrusion. My name is Shima Usagi - just Usagi is fine." The formalities of his homeland trickled into life here, but he preferred to be addressed by his first name rather than his familial one, seeing as his brother shared the same last name. He forced himself to carry the conversation, keep going even if socializing for him was rather awkward. "You joined recently, I assume? I don’t recognize you, so you must be new." She had to be. There seemed to be a lot of new life breathed into Tojo as of late. It was refreshing to be with others that spoke his native tongue, too. He didn’t have to concern himself with fumbling over the words of the common tongue spoken mostly everywhere else.

”Speech”  ’Thought’

Sayuri

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Lackadaisy

06-11-2022, 12:38 PM

"Oh, I am quite glad of this."

She could not help the soft giggle that escaped her lips. Goodness, she would have hated to have been in the way! The first step in any new place was to make friends, not foes. Even if he was to be in a foul mood - for good reason, mind - she did not wish to upset the man. Sayuri gave a tiny nod, confirming her status as a formally unranked wolf in the community.

"Then, just Sayuri is fine, Usagi" she replied to him, a gentle smile crossing her delicate features. What a cute name... she would resist commenting on this. He was a man, after all "it is good to meet you" Formally or not formally, she liked to grace herself with other wolves' company. "our alpha, yes, accepted me quite recently." She glanced toward where she knew the tiger to be kept.

"I earned my place by slaying a tiger close to the Maze, near the Runestones" Though there was no hint of ego; she stated this matter of fact "may I ask of your ranking in the pack, Usagi?" Sayuri had no ulterior means about it. She wished to know what sort of wolf she was speaking to.

speech here
K I N G S L A Y E R

Usagi

Loner

Master Fighter (245)

Advanced Hunter (103)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Talia

06-18-2022, 08:32 PM

Unlike Sayuri, Usagi hadn’t much concerned himself with the strictness of ranks. He knew of the importance of a hierarchy in a pack - who was the leader, the warriors, the healers, the pups, the newcomers, and the prisoners. He understood the rigidity of such ranks, but didn’t really give much thought into demanding respect for his title. She was new, so he knew she was a Chinpira - a default rank upon joining Tojo. He himself was a Hohei, which wasn’t much of a leap from her place. Thus, he felt they were on even standing.

Upon her mentioning Sayuri would be fine, he nodded softly in acknowledgement. He could tell she believed his name to be a bit amusing, which he chose to ignore. He’d been given the same response his whole life by other native speakers - after all, he was a grown man with the name ‘bunny’. Did he care at this point? Not really. She also explained that Hattori accepted her quite recently, and that she ‘earned her place’ by slaying a tiger. He blinked; taking down a tiger - if he believed her to have done the deed on her own, or with little assistance - was noble, indeed. He supposed that earned her every right to join the pack’s ranks. Upon her asking what his own rank was, the wounded male siimply responded, "I am a Hohei. A footsoldier." It wasn’t special, but he took its duties seriously. And clearly, judging by the broken ankle, he had certainly been in the positiob where something had to give so the pack could be protected.

”Speech”  ’Thought’

Sayuri

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Lackadaisy

06-19-2022, 11:32 AM

He would seem to be not much of a talker. All the more reason she did cherish moments like this. He could have passed her by, but he chose to introduce himself and speak with her. Sayuri gave a thoughtful hum at his ranking, deeming it acceptable for someone like him. "You have been quite brave, indeed" she voiced, a kind smile given to his ankle "I would hobble about, whining...! You take it, yes, solemnly. Respectfully. Like a badge of acceptance." While she did not know the cause of his ankle, she knew lesser wolves would pitch a fit.

And she was quite aware that he stewed because of it, perhaps. He could voice his opinions about it. He could whine to her. Or anyone, for that matter. But he did not. She respected his silence. "As for your name" Sayuri ventured "if other wolves chuckle at it, you must be quite sure to make them regret it, yes?" Her eyes and lips were not amused but stating a fact. She held his gaze respectfully. She was perhaps too perceptive at times "I find the name Usagi very charming, myself." She smiled warmly.

speech here
K I N G S L A Y E R

Usagi

Loner

Master Fighter (245)

Advanced Hunter (103)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Talia

06-28-2022, 01:15 PM
""You have been quite brave, indeed..I would hobble about, whining...! You take it, yes, solemnly. Respectfully. Like a badge of acceptance," Sayuri told him, seemingly amazed at his tenacity despite his situation. Usagi didn't really know how to respond to what appeared to be admiration and praise all in a few sentences - as such he didn't really reply to her comments, nodding softly in acknowledgement. His ankle was beginning to throb from being dangled, so he shifted from standing to sitting - easing his rump steadily onto the ground and gingerly folding his injured leg as well with a pained grunt. His face tightened with discomfort that eased once he had the weight off his other legs, unfurrowing his brow as the looked over at the well-spoken woman. Her words were formal, sophisticated - a wolf of fine culture and raising. He was more crude, rough, like a jagged rock. It seemed she didn't mind his silence as she mentioned his name, and how he surely made others regret mocking it. He shrugged his shoulders, realizing he hadn't let his anger flare so recklessly nowadays. "Nowadays, being in the structure of a pack has forced me to calm my temper. If you had known me as a young child, I certainly made others hurt if they made fun of me." He had changed..dramatically, it seemed. As a child, he lashed put, snapped and fought any kid who so much as gave him the wrong look - small but all fury and fire in his bones. Being in a pack and having to comply with superiors forced him to understand that such behavior was unacceptable, and as such, he matured significantly. Still, he had his moments - and those who tried his patience or insulted him, like the pirate that broke his ankle - would receive all the anger he locked up inside. This woman was kind, and gave him no reason to be snappish - as such, he calmed, only the irritation of his wound remaining in his tense posture. She then said that his name was quite charming, and he replied monotonously, "Oh, er..thanks." Life had taught him that his name was anything but charming, but if someone liked it - then that was fine.

Speech

Sayuri

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Lackadaisy

06-28-2022, 01:32 PM

She understood. It was improper for a little girl to stand up to bullies, even if they deserved it. She had been on the receiving end of many adults scolding her for such a thing until she learned to laugh about it. Sayuri twitched the corners of her mouth in a subtle grin. "Sometimes, ah, a bully needs to be put in place" So they wouldn't do it again, especially not to their targets! "I do not blame past actions, Usagi." It was part of why she had come here... A fresh start. Perhaps some wolves could accept her, and her past.

"But yes, you have grown" Sayuri spoke warmly "and that, I think, is worth celebrating, yes? Perhaps we can find some sake around here..." She trailed off, a gentle hum of inquisition "if you like, I could..." The woman paused, glancing down at his paw. Acknowledging it at last "gift you some pain relievers? A healer has taken over, so I wish not to intrude. Yet I have brought some medicine with me... Perhaps lavender to help lull you to sleep? Pain can be quite insomniac!"

He would find the throbbing ache kept him up at night. Tough or not, Usagi could use some gentle help. Though she would respect his wishes if he refused her.

speech here
K I N G S L A Y E R