size
Medium
build
Light
player
Lackadaisy

HomebodySnake EyesPride - Pansexual
06-15-2022, 09:40 PM

Sayuri paced outside the den she now called home. Having settled in quite nicely, she pondered her next move. Teaching pups was one thing, yet she still did not have the rank to behold others with. She sought a higher one, one that promoted her out of her basic title. Yet, what to focus on? She had told Alpha Hattori about her skill in poison. She had demonstrated her blade. She did not demonstrate her ability to heal as yet.

She could not focus on what to do. Healing or Fighting? Both? Perhaps? She did not know. Perhap Hattori himself would know. She made a beeline to his den, the dusk settling over the Maze. "Good sir?" she called softly from the entrance. Sayuri refused to go and invade personal space, so she sat and waited for an acknowledgment. Mayhap he was out. His scent seemed to be strong here, but she could not be sure.

speech here
destroying castles in the sky
K I N G S L A Y E R
forevermore the apple of my eye

Hanzō

Tojo-kai
Kaicho

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (240)

An icon representing the specialty Marauder Marauder

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Ali

Samhain 2022Underachiever1KAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
WealthyVengeanceHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! GlobetrotterOverachieverLegendary
Ooh La LaHomebodyCritical Block!ExplorerPride - DemisexualWinner
Mammoth HunterIce Bridge ExplorerWordyDouble MasterCritical Hit!
06-19-2022, 12:16 PM
Hattori's den lay deep within the maze, hidden around corner after corner, where the bamboo grew its thickest. He liked the darkness of it, the seclusion and solidarity. Like the whole world was kept at bay, never to slip past his fortress walls. Visitors to his den area were few and far between, but not wholly unwelcome. As the leader of the Tojo can he had to be accessible, should anyone reach out for his assistance he would help if he was able. And so when he heard a set of small paws approaching, Hattori paused as his ears flicked to attention. His poetry could wait, he was in no rush anyway.

Stepping to the entryway of his personal space, lined with two thick and looming trees, like a doorway, he caught sight of his newest clan mate.

"What is it?" He asked, to the point but not unkind.
[Image: de83uxb-0342be6c-7454-4392-a336-72e10a43...s88RF1Wrtg]

Sayuri

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Lackadaisy

06-19-2022, 12:36 PM

Their leader appeared, calling out an inquiry. Sayuri walked backward to allow him room to come outside and greet her. She regards his strong frame for a moment, cutting through the darkness of the territory. For a split second, she is unable to focus on anything but the patches of orange. Then, she would find her voice. "I wish to speak to you about rank" she replied, bowing her head "I am unable to focus on a particular path. I am uncertain which to tread."

What did Tojo-kai need most? She was uncertain, so this was why she asked Hattori. "I have less skill in direct combat, good sir. Most are averse toward me, they underestimate me due to size. Do I use this against them in pursuit of Tojo-kai - or do I focus on the healing arts?" Sayuri paused before adding "I dabble in poison. I harm over heal. I coat my blade with venom to make killing easier. I would have to study, or become a student to a teacher, harder to become a medicine woman worthy of the pack."

Yet, she was not averse to hard work. If Hattori had a teacher in mind, she could easily learn.

speech here
K I N G S L A Y E R

Hanzō

Tojo-kai
Kaicho

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Ali

Samhain 2022Underachiever1KAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
WealthyVengeanceHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! GlobetrotterOverachieverLegendary
06-19-2022, 01:21 PM
Hattori said nothing as the newcomer aired her thoughts, admitted she was unsure what route to take. How best her talents would serve Tojo. It would have been easy to brush her aside, to just tell her to make herself useful, but to say so would be dismissive. Like throwing her in the deep end and assuming she'd manage to swim along just fine, koi or not this place had rules and structure. A place for everyone, even if new spots had to be carved out. Chiselled into stone.

She had several options ahead of her, paths twisting this way and that, and she was welcome to choose. Hattori would only point them out, let her do the rest. He did prefer to be paws off in most regards, wasn't the sort to worry or smother, but he understood the role of leadership well. Knew when to pull back and when to stay close, who to nudge back into line and who to leave well alone.

Thinking on it for a moment longer, he allowed his gaze to flit up to the canopy above.

"If healing is of no interest to you then do not force it. " A half-hearted healer was of no value to him, would likely do more harm than help. "And I have seen you fight, you would do well to continue to practice what you know you excel at. Gather poisons and venoms, make yourself a collection. Perfect the amounts to use on your targets, large or small. Perfect your craft and I will find a rank that suits your skills. "

Sayuri

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Lackadaisy

06-19-2022, 01:31 PM

As much as he listened to her, she would listen to him. Sayuri's eyes drifted inwardly, pondering and thinking. Outwardly, those pearls did not leave his features as he spoke. Only when he vowed to find a rank for her and prompted her to continue fighting, did she break away. A breath of relief. A soft laugh. "It will be done." She also vowed to him, bowing her head to the alpha.

"When you've a time, I also have interest in culture and history" as a geisha, she had been expected to learn the norms for many cultures, different or same "Tojo-Kai shall be home - for self and others" Sayuri added "and my wish is to further solidify roots. If you've of need my organization, I need only be asked."

Festivals were a favorite of Sayuri's. To host or organize, she liked to see the fruits of labor enjoyed. "Events are" she paused for the right word, gesturing in the air a small circle with her paws "forte, yes?"

speech here
K I N G S L A Y E R

Hanzō

Tojo-kai
Kaicho

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Ali

06-20-2022, 10:49 AM
Hattori would wait and see, check in on her later to see the fruits of her labour. Would likely ask for an explanation of her collection, want to know what plant did what, just to test how much she knew. How well-prepared she was. She was keen to talk about something else though and nudged the direction in a whole other direction entirely, one that brought his brows to furrow. She had been thinking about events? It was something the Kaicho had dwelled on for a time or two, but nothing was concrete just yet. Not when all of Tojo's moving pieces hadn't yet fallen into place.

"Culture is important here. It is what links us all together, I have plans for the future but nothing immediate for now. We can discuss this at a later date. Anything else?"

Sayuri

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Lackadaisy

06-20-2022, 12:23 PM

"No."

Was he... brushing her off? Sayuri had yet to speak to Hattori Hanzo properly before now. He seemed to be dismissing her entire reason for coming to him, now that ranking was out of the way. She withheld her frown, keeping the air of pleasantness. She only wished to know him, or at least of him. He seemed to not wish to speak to her. Employers should have a working relationship with their employees, and the same could be said of alphas.

"I... am sorry" she felt herself apologize and did not know why "I did not mean to interrupt you, nor your sleep" Sayuri backed away, keen to leave him be if that is what he wanted. This could have waited until morning, silly one! Whatever glee she felt vanished in an instant. "I shall leave you be now." She bowed one final time and left. Her chest felt constricted and daresay ugly at the moment. Sayuri did not look back, even if she pondered if she had offended him in some way.

/exit

speech here
K I N G S L A Y E R

Hanzō

Tojo-kai
Kaicho

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Ali

06-26-2022, 09:07 AM
Hattori blinked slowly. Unsure what to make of the tail end of that exchange. She had sought him out and he'd given his thoughts, aired them in a polite enough way. Yet the way she was slinking off made it seem as though he'd snubbed her, refused to even listen or take a moment to care for her concerns. He arched a pale brow, perhaps she was used to men fawning over her, being the centre of attention. He supposed Tojo would be a change of pace for her then, a new environment to settle into but he imagined she'd get used to it in time. Thus far he'd received no complaints, not from anyone within Tojo anyway.

He didn't offer a farewell in return, simply watched as the pale of her form faded into the shadows cast by the bamboo. What a strange woman, he thought.