size
Medium
build
Light
player
Lackadaisy

HomebodySnake EyesPride - Pansexual
06-20-2022, 12:33 PM

With a vow to find a ranking for her, Sayuri would hold Hattori Hanzo to his word. It had been a few days since what she felt was a disastrous attempt to get to know him as her alpha. To be fair, she dismissed herself before she could know for sure. She just assumed he had been tired and short with her. Of course, they were perhaps both too proud to admit the truth. She was quite sure if he asked about her sudden departure, she would lie.

It did not still the excitement of potential Tojo-kai events. The culture was important to the wolves here. She would be no different, even if she had perhaps come from a different homeland. So many were linked. She was the odd one out. A single petal in a forest of cherry trees. Sayuri had hunted briefly, bringing back some food for the cache, and then found herself outside her den. She had nothing else to busy herself. The woman lowered herself, half in the den and half out.

Movement did not catch her eye - not right away. Yet she would greet them all the same; warmly.

"Speech!"

code & art © skelle 2022

destroying castles in the sky
K I N G S L A Y E R
forevermore the apple of my eye

Áskell

"Goes by Aka"

Somnium

Master Intellectual (240)

Expert Fighter (165)

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Samhain 2022All Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Mammoth HunterIce Bridge Explorer
Pride - Pansexual1KDouble Master
06-20-2022, 03:42 PM

Áskell returned from patrol, his shoulders stiff from an encounter with a young tiger. It was only a yearling and was swiftly diverted from the packlands when met with his saber fangs and obsidian claws. His macaque companion, Ari, trailed behind and he could not say for sure where his raven had taken off too. As he arrived back at the densite he spied an unfamiliar face and realized it must belong to a new member. Áskell was still learning of the other side of his family, the language and the culture. He did not know yet the customary greetings so he simply dipped his head in a polite bow. "Hello, my name is Ono Áskell. I assume you are new to our pack?" He knew the custom of giving his last name first at least, though it still felt a bit strange to introduce himself that way.

Sayuri

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Lackadaisy

06-20-2022, 04:29 PM

She stared at the man with a smile, dipping her head in return. "Hajimemashite." Sayuri gave, a polite and informal hello. It was akin to saying 'nice to meet you!' in her native tongue without actually saying it. The other wolf did not look very koi - though that hardly mattered at all, did it? She was just used to the splotched reds and blacks on their coats. He did sport the russet-red, white and black she was accustomed to seeing around.

"I am Chiba Sayuri" Ono Askell, yes, she would remember "I have been for a few weeks, yes, a member" She obviously had not met many Tojo-Kai wolves if she was considered new still. Sayuri rose from her sitting position, hit by the tiger's scent and some ruffled fur on Askell's shoulders. She tilted her head somewhat "has there been a scuffle nearby?" she asked of him, wondering if her sparse healing skills would be needed. Surely if she was needed, someone would call out or for her specifically.

"Speech!"

code & art © skelle 2022

K I N G S L A Y E R

Áskell

"Goes by Aka"

Somnium

Expert Fighter (165)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Samhain 2022All Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Mammoth HunterIce Bridge Explorer
07-05-2022, 05:54 PM

The woman greeted her in a language that sounded familiar to that of Hattori. He was still in the early stages of learning this new native tongue from his companion Ari. Embarassment prevented him from responding in the same tongue, afraid he would make a mistake and say something offensive. The woman introduced herself as Sayuri.

Áskell nodded. "Yes, a young tiger was wandering into our territory but I managed to chase it off." He glanced at his left shoulder where the tiger had clocked him with its claws leaving three lacerations down the limb. "I was just on my way to find a healer to get this cleaned up." While he knew some basic first aid it was a skill he knew little of and didn't want to employ unless he absolutely had to.

Sayuri

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Lackadaisy

07-06-2022, 01:27 PM

Ah, he wished to see a healer? Of course, she may point him toward Tenshi, however, this would be good practice for Sayuri. She resisted bouncing like a child, instead tilted her head somewhat and regarded him before speaking. "If it pleases you, I may look at it?" She did have some herbs she had gathered in her den, the sweet smell drifting from it "I am in training to become a sort of healer" Best be honest about that "I have aloe, marigold and other items."

Sayuri was clearly excited, even if she pushed it down. Her tail swayed easily behind her, a brightness in her eyes. "I vow not to gift you poison!" she joked, even if it was true. The woman could easily identify poison; it was healing herbs that somewhat stumped her. Still! She knew about aloe, bandages, and other things. Basic things. She turned on the spot after rising, proceeding to take the equipment out of her den and show Askell. There were clean bandages and powdered herbs.

If she wet them, they would turn into a paste.

"Speech"
1/3 - first patient tended to
K I N G S L A Y E R

Áskell

"Goes by Aka"

Somnium

Expert Fighter (165)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

07-09-2022, 03:48 PM

Well, it seemed luck was on his side for the woman was a healer in training. "Yes, thank you. I'd very much appreciate the help." Áskell shifted his body to present the injury for Sayuri to take a closer look at. In some places the blood was already congealing but in others there were still signs of active bleeding. The pain wasn't something he wanted to deal with though his warrior training prodded him to put on a tough face. "Are you from the same land as Hattori, miss Sayuri?" They spoke in a very similar way so he couldn't help but wonder though he supposed there were many lands that spoke differently than the common tongue in Boreas and Auster.

Sayuri

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Lackadaisy

07-09-2022, 04:02 PM

"I am not sure."

Sayuri had traveled with her former master through lands before, but she did not recall the name of her birth. Hanzo Hattori was also tight-lipped, so she really did not know if they had shared ancestry. She began to knead the marigold and other items into a paste, allowing the jug of water to hydrate it as she continued on her task.

"He has not spoken to me about anything personal" the koi woman continued, shrugging lightly. As much as she tried to get to know him, he seemed averse to anything she did try "I think he tolerates me" Sayuri admitted "for now, until I prove useful to the pack." She had not forgotten the promised rank and yet...

She also wished to know about her allies. If Hanzo Hattori refused, she did not know how she could follow him as diligently as she could. "You will feel relief when the poultice is on" Sayuri added to Askell, scooping some up and placing it on his injuries.

"Speech"
2/3 - first patient tended to
K I N G S L A Y E R

Áskell

"Goes by Aka"

Somnium

Expert Fighter (165)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

07-13-2022, 04:37 PM

She didn't seem to be sure if her lands of origin were the same as Hattoris. Wary that he may have dug up something he shouldn't have Áskell opted not to press on the question. "Ahh, yes, Hattori is a rather, um, stoic individual. He does not reveal much of himself or his thoughts but he's led us well so far." They had a nice home and so far everyone's basic needs had been met. There was shelter, food, fresh water and the borders had been well defended thus far.

Áskell flinched a bit as the poultice was placed on his shoulder but soon there was a cooling sensation of relief that eased the burning pain and the itch of the wound. "Much better, thank you. How long should I leave it on?" He might not always be the best patient but he did try to follow instructions.

Sayuri

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Lackadaisy

07-13-2022, 04:45 PM

Sayuri chose to drop the conversation on their leader. If it was spread she questioned him, insurgence could happen. She could very well be kicked from Tojo-kai. Instead, she focused on Askell's question. "The poultice will be quite wet for a few hours" she mulled over it "but leave it on until it becomes itchy and dry - that should be enough time to close and clean." She inspected the ointment for any abnormalities but found it smooth and clear coated almost.

Relieved her medical training had become useful, she leans back. "And when it becomes itchy and dry, wash with clean spring water. No salt water; else it will sting" Sayuri advised him "if the wound still burns or bleeds, come back to me for another poultice" She had cleaned the wound best she could, knowing it could become infected from the predator's claws. Luckily, she did not see any signs of infection early on. "it should heal without fuss."

"Speech"
3/3 - first patient tended to
K I N G S L A Y E R