An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Shelby

Samhain 2022Statue 2 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Ooh La LaPride - Bisexual
07-13-2022, 12:13 AM

Manea had been expecting Ikigai's arrival any day once spring came upon them after the agreement they had made the season prior, through she of course expected her trip to be delayed by the onslaught of storms that popped up with the new season. Still, she had taken the time to prepare a spacious cave for her with comfortable furs and other amenities that she thought the Ashen woman would enjoy, though she still left plenty of room for it to be customized to Ikigai's tastes after she arrived. This was just so she would have somewhere homey to land once she arrived and to get her started in Elysium. She fully expected the transition to being away from home for the first time to be a difficult one and she wanted to make this as easy on her as possible.

Her ravens were always patrolling the nearby lands and when Temno appeared to let her know that Ikigai, Venom, and a slate and violet male were crossing the stone steppe she was glad to hear that they had made it—though immediately curious who it was that was traveling with them. It didn't match the description of anyone she had crossed paths with from Ashen thus far nor did it seem to follow the colors that she had seen from venom and her brood. She hurried out to the border of the rock garden to be there when they arrived and she saw them approaching nearly at the same time as herself. She of course was thrilled to see the woman who was quickly becoming one of her oldest friends as someone who didn't keep many friends and her beautiful daughter who looked more radiant by the day, but when her aqua gaze landed on the long lost form of her brother she could hardly keep the huge grin from her features.

"Well, it looks like you've found a stray on your way here," she joked to Venom and Ikigai, chuckling as she looked to Deimos with her tail wagging. She went up to Deimos and pulled him into a tight embrace, squeezing him with a warm hug. For the first time in years her and both of her brothers would be in the same place at the same time. If only their sister was still with them so their family could fully be reunited. Stepping back from her brother she turned her attention to the Ashen women, giving them both welcoming smiles. "I'm glad you've made it. Please, come in." She started leading them across onto the island, bringing them to the common meeting area where a large campfire was burning, staving off some of the northeastern chill.

"Manea Mendacium"

Venom

Loner

Master Fighter (275)

Master Intellectual (279)

An icon representing the specialty Bulwark Bulwark

An icon representing the specialty Bard Bard

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
KatG6

TeacherIsland HopperSamhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipSocialiteBest Buds
HomebodyWinnerAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
VengeanceOverachieverOoh La LaWealthyMammoth HunterFestival Organizer
ExplorerIce Bridge ExplorerBeeventLegendaryWordySnake Eyes
Double MasterHalloween 2020 - Witches HutGold Medal 2020Valentines 2020Dream WeaverVolcano
Critical Hit!Christmas 2019Trick 2019Costume Contest 2019Promptober 2019
07-13-2022, 02:29 PM
This was one of the most difficult trips that Venom had ever taken, every step was made with effort and the journey felt like it took them weeks when it had only been days. Her maternal instinct screamed at her, but the duties of an Empress overruled her personal feelings. This was for the betterment of the Empire, and Ikigai would be treated as the Princess she was as much in Elysium as she would Ashen. Venom could trust her baby in Manea’s paws.

Deimos was another example of the Mendacium family and his manners were impeccable. He did nothing to encourage a protective feeling over Iki. They were doing what was right, Ikigai was doing her duty for her family and her pack and in return they would strengthen the growing bond between Elysium and Ashen. Manea had proven to be loyal and trustworthy, so Ikigai’s sacrifice would not be in vain. Everyone would be stronger for her efforts away from home.

Manea greeted them at the border once they finally arrived. Venom wasn’t sure what was more painful, the journey or destination, but either way she hid her internal struggle perfectly and grinned at the woman’s approach and greeting of her wayward sibling. "Thank you, Manea.” She returned as the Queen invited them within Elysium and towards the cozy gathering area where she had a warm fire ready to greet them.

"Venom"
[Image: ven-sig.png]

Deimos

Elysium
King

Master Fighter (260)

Advanced Hunter (90)

An icon representing the specialty Defender Defender

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Shelby

Critical Observation!Samhain 2022Statue 4 Worship
07-22-2022, 02:12 AM
Deimos had made the trip to the territories that his sister had claimed as her own along with Ikigai and her mother, continuing to take the opportunity to make a good impression on the pair as they went. He was fairly certain he had never been as well behaved as he had been since accidentally crossing paths with the Ashen princess, but he had high hopes that it would all be worth it in the end. Really, it had been easy to play the role of respectable, polite, and kind brother to the woman that they already knew and respected. They were easy to talk to and continued to prove why his sister had taken an interest in them as well. Manea had always been the brightest and most responsible of the lot of them which was why she had been an easy choice for their matriarch after their mother's betrayal and why he so easily trusted her judgement, but even aside from that he was able to make his own decisions and had taken quite a fondness over Ikigai and Venom both in the short time he had spent with them in Ashen before the trip and through the journey to Elysium.

When they reached the border he spotted his sister's familiar and distinctive pelt of amethyst and violet and an even more genuine grin than he had worn in a long time pulled across his features. His tail wagged gently behind him as his little sister crossed over to greet him, chuckling at her description of him as the "stray". "You knew I had to catch up to you eventually," he said with a light laugh while he returned her embrace, hugging her tightly for a moment before she pulled back to play hostess to the two Ashen ladies. He followed just behind Venom and Ikigai as they followed Manea across the open plain that was dotted with large rocks and over the land bridge that connected them to the island that seemed to be the center point of his sister's pack. As they walked he occasionally let his aqua gaze linger on Ikigai's rump and the slight sway of her hips, his eyes trailing down her long, silken tail whenever he was sure no one was paying attention to him. She was stunningly gorgeous and he was simply reminding himself of what he would be missing out on if he didn't try to convince Manea to make the swap from Poe being her promised husband to having him marry her instead.

Once they were on the island and gathered around a warm campfire he smiled to Venom and Ikigai with a dip of his horned head. "I apologize for stealing Manea away so soon, but would you mind if I talk with her for just a moment?" He led Manea a short distance away then, just out of earshot of the Ashen royalty. With his back to them so they couldn't read his lips, he gave his sister a smile as he said quietly, "I want her. Ikigai. She's who I want to be my mate." He could tell from the look on Manea's face that he had caught her off guard and she was very clearly trying to keep her expression from showing it, but he knew her well enough to see through it. It had been a long time since he had been with her, but nothing really had changed. "I know she's promised to Poe, but we both know she deserves better. She deserves to have her children be from the Matriarch's bloodline." Just as he did what he could to manipulate Venom and Ikigai's opinion of him, he could play into Manea's view of things as well. "Wouldn't you rather her be your sister-in-law than cousin-in-law? She's everything I've been searching for. After all these years of searching I finally found my perfect mate and she's promised to someone else. Please, Manea... For me?"

"Deimos Mendacium"

Ikigai

Elysium
Queen

Master Healer (250)

Master Intellectual (240)

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Res

Samhain 2022Statue 4 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2
08-12-2022, 11:18 PM

The walk from Ashen to Elysium seemed longer than Ikigai remembered. Perhaps it was the cloud hanging over her mother that slowed the pale princess's pace. There was no apprehension in the young woman, however. Though her stomach was in knots, they were the knots of anticipation. Would she perform well in her new position? Gods, she hoped so. Poe was an afterthought. Really, her marriage was second fiddle to being asked to be the ambassador for Elysium.

As they walked, Ikigai stayed close to her mother, taking and giving comfort as it would likely be the last time that they were together for a while. Venom had to tend to her pack and Iki had to take the reins of her new life and build a strong foundation upon which to grow. She would make her mother and Ashen proud. Of this, she was certain. The snow and obsidian fae would do whatever was necessary to make both Ashen and Elysium greater than they had been before. She wasn't sure how yet, but it would come in time.

The trio crossed the land bridge with Deimos taking up the rear. Iki swore that she could feel his eyes upon her, but thought nothing of it. Of course he'd be looking at them. He was walking behind them. The man couldn't stare at the ground the whole time. The familiar face of Manea soon greeted them and the marbled eyes of the woman watched as the siblings embraced upon being reunited. The corners of Iki's maw and eyes lifted at the sight.

They were led within Elysium proper where Manea had a comfortable little meeting place set up. Tanuki pulled the small cart with Ikigai's meager belongings and the young fae stepped aside to help her canine companion remove himself from the harness. Once that was finished, Tanuki and Willa stayed together while Iki, Venom and Deimos moved into the heated space. The plum colored brute asked for a moment alone with his sister and Ikigai nodded. Of course he'd want a moment with her after being apart for so long. Moving to one of the various furs, Iki seated herself, hoping that her mother would sit beside her. She cast glances here and there, wondering when and if Poe would arrive.

"Ikigai"
[Image: VsG8QnS.gif]

Manea

Elysium
Advisor

Expert Fighter (204)

Master Hunter (260)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Shelby

Samhain 2022Statue 2 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Ooh La LaPride - Bisexual
08-14-2022, 08:10 PM

Just as they were getting settled around the fire, Deimos surprised her by requesting to speak with her away from the others. She cast him a curious glance as she wondered what he would want to talk to her about that couldn't be spoken about in front of their guests, but regardless she would allow him to lead her away after she gave Venom and Ikigai a smile and a dip of her head as well, saying, "Pardon us, we'll be right back." Stepping away from the fire, she waited till Deimos stopped well out of earshot of the women before she turned to face him with a raised, inquisitive brow. His bold and direct way of what saying what he wanted certainly didn't surprise her coming from her brother, but the request itself definitely did. She was careful to not let her expression change much other than the subtle twitch of her features that showed her shock at what he was asking of her. She gave a quick, subtle glance at the princess that was waiting for them by the fire with her mother, a small tug of a frown pulling at her lips when her gaze returned to Deimos. "Deimos... I..."

Before she could deny him or reason with him, her brother cut her off and went on with his reasoning and persuading. She knew him well enough to know his tactics and to understand what he was doing as he tried to sway her into giving him what he wanted. Unfortunately for her, his reasoning resonated with her and picked at issues she had already had with this arrangement from the beginning. She had wanted Ikigai to be partnered with one of her own children from the beginning, but the ages and timing of her and Venom's litters simply hadn't worked out to allow that. She had been happy enough pairing her up with Poe in the end since she did adore her cousin, but she would be lying if she said she didn't wish she could have the Ashen princess more closely tied to her own branch of the family. She still wasn't sure that Deimos was the perfect solution, but she also couldn't remember a time when she had seen Deimos this impassioned about one of his requests. He often would just take what he wanted, but this time it was obvious he understood that he couldn't do that without doing irreparable damage to his relationship with the rest of the family—so here he was, asking his sister, the Matriarch, to pull the strings he needed pulled.

As he finished his pleading, Manea looked at him for a long moment, trying to determine if his interest in Ikigai was genuine or some kind of ploy, and couldn't determine one way or another. After his long absence from their family she wanted to make sure that he had everything he needed to be happy here and to be a vital member of their family. Being one of her older siblings, she would have expected him to have his mate already just as she had expected the same from Merrick. The fact that neither of them had managed such yet worried her since the years that they had to produce their own children were dwindling and if she could ensure that Deimos got the chance to not only do that, but to have children with one of the most spectacular women he had ever met outside of their own family then why wouldn't she do that for him?

She let out a slow breath after a long moment of thought and gave him a small nod, seeing the immediate satisfaction and victory on his face. "Don't start celebrating just yet. I'm going to have to work some things out first and do damage control with Poe, but... I'll do what I can." She smirked slightly and added, "You're lucky I love you." Glancing back at the Ashen women over his shoulder, she considered the situation for a moment, figuring out how to proceed. "Follow the path over there up the mountain to the dens at the top. Wait for me there. I'm going to speak to them alone so they don't feel any pressure with you here. I'll find a way to make this work for you, but I refuse to force Ikigai into anything." Deimos relented at that and leaned in to give her a peck on the cheek before turning back toward Venom and Ikigai, giving them both a polite dip of his head before he turned to follow his sister's instructions and walking away from the group to go wait by the dens.

Smiling gently, she walked back over to the campfire to rejoin the other two women with a soft chuckle. "Ikigai, it seems you've created quite the impression on my brother." She had come to understand that this arrangement and offer from the princess had come mostly out of her sense of duty and not from a place of attraction or love so she did hope it wouldn't be too difficult to sway her. Really, she was a bit more concerned about having Venom's approval. Hopefully her brother made a good impression during whatever time they spent together. "Deimos has asked to take Poe's place as your betrothed. As much as I would hate to let down my cousin... I am inclined to agree to his request. Perhaps it's a bit of favoritism on my part, I would be thrilled to have you in my branch of the family... as long as you agree, of course."

"Manea Mendacium"

Venom

Loner

Master Fighter (275)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
KatG6

HomebodyWinnerAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
Double MasterHalloween 2020 - Witches HutGold Medal 2020Valentines 2020Dream WeaverVolcano
08-15-2022, 07:32 AM
Manea made sure they were comfortable before Deimos pulled her away. Venom watched them curiously, but nodded slightly as the pair excused themselves. With guests here there could certainly be time to catch up once Venom had to depart. There was more to this than siblings catching up with each other. Still, Venom would be thankful for the time alone with her daughter. This would perhaps be the last few minutes of alone time they would have for a very long time. Venom’s heart clenched, this task was becoming much more difficult even than watching Hattori leave her or realized her own father was dead. Voluntarily relinquishing her eldest girl was tearing her apart inside.

The Empress sat closely beside Ikigai, reveling in the last few moments she was able to call the girl hers. The love mother had for daughter was indescribable, and letting her go to spread her wings to take her own path in the world. This was a necessary evil that Venom would have to make peace with despite the pain in her breast. While Menea and Deimos were occupied Venom kissed Iki’s cheek, her sunset gaze glittering with the emotions beneath. As much as she was saying goodbye to her daughter she was saying goodbye to the puppy she adored so much. Iki was a young woman, fully capable of this leap into adulthood and responsibility.

Venom leaned into Iki for a moment longer before Deimos offered a departing nod as Manea returned. Apparently Ikigai had impressed upon the older man, enough that he requested the young princess’ paw instead of Poe. Surprise flashed over Venom’s features before she was able to control herself. Deimos was even older than she was, and that fact alone made her uncomfortable. Venom tried not to pass judgment as Manea offered her own opinion on the subject. Despite his age she thought the pairing was a much better fit because ties to her line would be so much closer.

"If you believe this will be the best course of action I will not protest.” Venom started, her attention shifting to Ikigai to see if she held any concerns. This was her life, even if she had volunteered for such service to her pack she deserved to have her voice heard. This would be her future husband, the man she would be expected to spend her life with. Venom’s heart clenched again. "I do wish to voice my concern over the age difference.” Was all the blockade she would give.

"Venom"

Ikigai

Elysium
Queen

Master Healer (250)

Master Intellectual (240)

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Res

Samhain 2022Statue 4 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2
08-24-2022, 11:38 PM

Her mother leaned into her and Iki leaned right back. The kiss to her cheek was met with a smile, though there was a bit of sadness in the young woman's pale eyes. This was the closing day of one chapter of her life and the beginning of another. It was daunting and exciting all at once. From here in Elysium, she could do so, so much for the Empire. That was why she was making this sacrifice. For family. For honor.

Deimos returned, sort of, but nodded and left. The pallid fae arched a brow, her gaze shifting to Manea as the large purple woman returned. The shock of her next statement was evident on the faces of both Ashen wolves, though they were both quick to recover. As her mother spoke, Ikigai took a moment to breathe and quickly go over her thoughts. Poe had been promised, and while he was blood, he was a cousin. Thin blood. Deimos was direct kin to Manea. Her brother. As Venom pointed out, her older brother. His age didn't matter. Thicker blood meant thicker ties. Thicker ties meant a stronger alliance.

The attention soon moved back to the Ashen princess and she kept her face blank, not giving away anything that might be flashing through her mind. Snake slit eyes fixed upon the face of her new alpha and Ikigai nodded. "If you believe that this is the best course of action, then I accept." Outside she was cool and collected. Inside, her stomach was tight and wrenching. He had asked for her. Poe had just been part of the deal, but Deimos had specifically asked for her. Iki wasn't sure how she felt about that just yet. She hoped that there would be time for her to process it.

"Ikigai"
[Image: VsG8QnS.gif]

Manea

Elysium
Advisor

Expert Fighter (204)

Master Hunter (260)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Shelby

08-28-2022, 09:47 PM

In the beat of silence that followed the information she shared with the two Ashen women and the proposal that she gave them to have Deimos be Ikigai's betrothed, Manea felt like she had to hold her breath while she waited on their reaction. She knew that she was walking a fine line between keeping her brother happy and helping him get the life he wanted and making sure that she was still making the right choice for Ikigai on top of the fact that the alliance between their packs hung in the balance as well. There was an obvious shock and surprise that briefly crossed both of their faces, but Manea couldn't tell right away whether that shock was a pleasant one or not. Eventually Venom did give her consent to the change in plans and that eased her worries a bit. Their attention shifted to Ikigai then and a moment later the young woman gave a similar answer. The trust they both placed in her to make the decision that would work best for everyone was daunting, but touching and humbling as well. Venom did bring up her brother's age as a point of concern and it was a valid one without doubt, but one that Manea didn't have a good solution to solve for and had to weigh the pros and cons regardless.

"I do appreciate both of your trust," she replied genuinely, giving them a dip of her head. "I do agree that the difference in age isn't ideal and I do wish I had a younger sibling to offer, but I am unfortunately the youngest of my siblings. I believe Poe crossed over into his fourth year this past winter so there still would have been a bit of a gap in age there... though not quite as much. Deimos is the next closest in age to me." If there had been a way for her to move time to switch things around or a way for her to have prevented her father from passing so that she would have younger full blooded siblings to offer she certainly would, but life did not allow for any of these things. "I do believe Deimos will be the most suitable match even with the age difference in consideration." She smiled softly and added as she put most of her focus on Ikigai, "In our family it is a tradition for us to go out into the world when we're of age to find our most suitable match—our soul mate as our teachings and laws call them. Deimos has been away for nearly three years looking for his mate and he seems to believe he's found that in you, Ikigai. I don't think he would have come home to me if he didn't truly believe it. He's a dedicated man through and through."

"Manea Mendacium"

Venom

Loner

Master Fighter (275)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
KatG6

09-08-2022, 02:30 PM
She could have theoretically called off the arrangement at any moment, Venom held all of the power in that moment. However, she knew that remaining in Ashen as she was would only dishonor her daughter. No matter how much she wanted to hold onto her forever, that wasn’t the path ahead. Ikigai would help strengthen the bonds between Ashen and Elysium, she would tie their families together and bring honor to her and the packs. But her mother still struggled. She had to put her trust in Manea to look after her precious princess. Manea and Iki’s future husband.

Manea understood her concern, but there was very little to be done about their age differences. She asserted afterwards that Deimos was the best choice, he was devoted, strong, and at his age knew what he desired in a mate. Where he would be given his desire, Iki was given no choice. Venom tried to shove the thought down, the Princess had volunteered for this difficult duty. "If Ikigai is satisfied, then I will agree as well.” There was strain in her voice as she gave the last word, letting go of the girl that she loved so much. "I give you my daughter, Manea.” More than alpha to alpha she spoke mother to mother. "May our ties be strengthened because of her.” Venom placed a white gloved paw over her daughter’s dainty appendage and squeezed lightly.

"Venom"