Small
build
Light
player
ghostliem

Samhain 2022Derby Winner1KPride - BisexualDouble MasterAll Oozed Out
The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Wordy
07-07-2022, 07:06 AM

Life was turbulent for the petite fae once more. Hanging out on a limb over an open ocean, hoping she wouldn't come crashing down. At one point, she had thought her life was looking up. A place to call home, a purpose to live, a girlfriend to love, Audra had felt whole. Then the fateful Long Night took that all away. Slowly her life began to crumble around her. Her girlfriend no longer came to bed at night, her purpose felt stale, and her home felt empty. No matter how much her Aegis would try to help, she didn't feel like she belonged.

So she had taken her chances in the north - only for that to also fall through. A pile of ashes where the once Abaven stood with the pack nowhere in sight. There had been hope inside of her that Abaven could be the new chapter in her life to turn things around. Now, as she stood at the bottom of Waterfall Peak, on her way to the Armada lands, she felt one tear roll down her cheek. Mack, her bobcat companion, had left her to some privacy to hunt for them in the meantime. Letting the thunder of icy water fill her ears, she stood trembling. Was this new pack formed by Wren going to give her life? Or would she ultimately need to return to the Hallows?

As a shallow sigh left her, a noise barely audible over the crash of the falls caught her attention. Quickly wiping the tear from her cheek, she turned her chin over her left shoulder. "H-hello?" Audra called out timidly, knowing that her voice probably wasn't heard. Was someone really there? Or was she imagining things?

A  U  D  R  A

audra's companions are to be assumed next to her unless stated otherwise

Torben

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy
07-07-2022, 06:44 PM
"Lo?"

He called back almost immediately. Torben was not one to bully or get a jolly out of someone else being scared. The timid tremor of the woman's voice was enough for him to seek her out, make sure she was okay. He slowly made his way toward her, spotting the brunette. He forced a kind smile on his lips, even if it wasn't hard.

The smile slipped from his features, and concern set in. "Sorry" he began "did I, ah, startle ye?" He really tried to move as one with nature, but even he could kick up dirt and rocks without meaning to. Torben stopped dead, refusing to come closer to the woman. She already seemed to be timid, and he was not going to press the issue of socializing with her. If she did not want company... Well, he could continue on.

SPEECH HERE

Audra

Somnium

Master Healer (315)

Master Navigator (495)

An icon representing the specialty Poison Master Poison Master

An icon representing the specialty Scout Scout

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
ghostliem

07-08-2022, 09:21 AM

A masculine voice broke through the rumble of the falls. At first glance, she almost couldn't see him through the hazy mist surrounding them. Squinting softly, she nearly thought she was seeing a ghost. Large in frame and porcelain all over, the male stopped a few feet from her. Was she seeing a ghost? Hesitant, Audra took a step closer to the water as one paw nearly slipped. He didn't appear aggressive or intimidating once she noticed the kind smile on his face. Watching it slip into an expression of concern, Audra's ears folded back.

"N-no need t-to apologize," she spoke quietly, the soft tinkle of her vocals barely enough to reach over the roar of the falls. Watching him carefully, she waited to see if he would make another move. After a few beats of silence between them and not an inch of movement from the stranger, her body began to relax. Still slightly on guard, her russeted face shook a few times. "J-just wasn't expecting any-anyone else u-up here," the petite girl says as her chin tilts up to get a better look at the male's face. The pack scent coming off of him was familiar, but she couldn't quite remember from where.

A  U  D  R  A

Torben

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy
07-08-2022, 03:37 PM
She would relax at his insistence he was not moving closer to her. Torben felt his shoulders untense as well, drooping down to a comfortable position. She said not to apologize, but it was hard not to let another one slip. She seemed to be scared of him still. That wouldn't do. "Name's Torben" he added an introduction, dipping his head "ah, ye... I sorta wander 'round" he admitted to her with an uneasy smile "tryin' to gather meself a bit."

He moved slowly to the side, shifting his weight to relax more. If she didn't flinch, he continued to shuffle. Torben felt himself lower his rump to the earth, short bob of a tail still fluffy despite the length. "I'm from Valhalla" he added, dropping the pack name for her to take or leave. He tried to say this clearly enough, aware his accent could be annoying to some. Even bothersome. "are ye part of the pack 'round here? Ah... Armada?" he asked her.

SPEECH HERE

Audra

Somnium

Master Healer (315)

Master Navigator (495)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
ghostliem

07-11-2022, 09:31 AM

Audra easily returns his smile with a nervous one of her own. "A p-pleasure Torben, I a-am Audra," she dips her own chin to him as she understands what he means. No matter where she tried to stay, she always felt a calling to wander and explore the world. Even if she did prefer the warmer climates of Auster, there was a sense of restlessness she felt at all times. Something out there was always calling to her and she wondered if she would ever find a place to settle down.

Her one good eye would watch him carefully, but she would not flinch this time. His movements were slow and careful, something that she appreciated. His tender personality and awareness of others' feelings made her smile less nervous. And when he mentioned that he was from Valhalla, her smile beamed. "I-I managed to st-stay with them for a while. Th-they are lovely wolves," Audra comments as she shifts her own weight to a more comfortable position. Her head tilts as he asks if she is from Armada and to that, she gently shakes her head.

"No, I-I originally f-from the Hallows, d-down in Auster. I-I came u-up north to t-teach at Abaven, but th-they've been absolved," her voice hesitates then as she looks down at her paws. A heavy sigh escapes her chest as she tries not to think of how lonely she's been the past few months. Ever since the Long Night and the Pirate raid had ruined her relationship, she had been feeling lost. This had been her chance at a new start. "I-I'm currently staying o-on Armada l-lands until a n-new friend of m-mine, Wren, gets her p-pack going, b-but I'm n-not sure if I-I'll stay," her voice stammers as she brings her gaze back up to Torben.

Trying to bring her smile back, she lets her tail wag a few times. "H-how is Valhalla? A-are they doing w-well?" Audra asks, attempting to change the conversation back to him.

A  U  D  R  A

Torben

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy
07-12-2022, 01:29 PM
A pack name he knew. Teaching at Abaven, she had proclaimed, but to find it gone... He bowed his head, recalling Voodoo's plight of not having a place to belong. It hit home as well with Audra. Two wolves homeless, he only assumed they could go back to where they came from. The Hallows or Habari. "I'm sorry to hear" he uttered sympathetically to Audra "Valhalla's doing well, thank ye" But the news about her friend's pack... "A new pack? Is that so?"

He was curious. But not enough to really prey. He'd take the information Audra gave him about this Wren and report to Ardyn. He mused quietly, wondering if the old packs would fall to make room for new ones. Was Valhalla next? It seemed to be as old as Abaven had been. "My pack's bit quiet right now" he commented further on Valhalla "if there's any problems, I ain't aware of them. Tend to wander and scout far as I can." To his knowledge, Valhalla was peaceful.

"Ye won't stay in this new pack?" he added, confused "would ye... return to the Hallows?"

SPEECH HERE

Audra

Somnium

Master Healer (315)

Master Navigator (495)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
ghostliem

07-20-2022, 09:44 AM

She listens to his words with quiet curiosity. He seems to be a kind and adventurous fella with no qualms toward anyone. It wasn't often she met someone like that unless they too were a wandering vagabond. Maybe that was where her life was meant to lead. Audra nods her head along with his statements and questions, waiting for a polite moment to respond. An attempt of a smile is on her lips as she tilts her chin up toward his face. There truly was a vast height difference between them.

"N-no need t-to apologize. L-life doesn't s-seem to work out f-for me often," her shoulders shrug as she tries to play off as if she is unbothered by the fact. "Valhalla h-has always been a quiet p-pack that k-keeps to themselves," she agrees and knows this after having spent a short stint with them. Honestly, she would have chosen boring, but being swept away by love could make anything seem boring.

His last question causes her to pause for a moment. Would she return to the Hallows? Or would she try to stay with this newly founded Menagerie? Or were there other possibilities? Her brow furrows as she thinks before she shrugs again. "I h-have yet to decide. I d-don't wish to be s-stuck somewhere I d-don't belong again," Audra admits as she turns her gaze down toward her paws in defeat.

A  U  D  R  A

Torben

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy
07-21-2022, 08:03 PM
"Take it from me."

Torben remained where he was, but felt it was prudent to express what he felt. Listening to Audra's words was like a familiar knife through his heart, his thoughts. He felt the same about Valhalla, to be frank. He didn't know if he would remain there. But at least he could offer her advice, however helpful that could be to her.

"If ye ain't open to trying... you'll gain nothin' from new experiences" he bit back a sigh, shaking his head instead "if ye don't let yerself get hurt, ye won't get hurt, true. But ye also seclude yourself, build a wall... So when the right folks come 'long, it takes twice as long to crumble naturally." He shifted his weight.

"M' the same way, though. I let other folks get in, but not really. I listen to 'em and talk to 'em, but I don't take much from the conversation. I distance me self. Already prepared to do it" he breathed "and I don't let an'one close. It's easy fer me to say these things, but, aye... It is hard." He smiled almost sadly at the space between them.

"If ye ever need a listenin' ear, ye can come to Valhalla's border. I cannae promise I'd be there all the time... but it helps t' talk."

SPEECH HERE

Audra

Somnium

Master Healer (315)

Master Navigator (495)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
ghostliem

08-01-2022, 01:10 PM

Her one golden eye drifts back up to the tall man in front of her. How was it that he appeared so wise and caring at the same time? Was it the accent he had? Or the way his own gaze shifted between them as if he wanted to hold her in an embrace? Whatever it was, it had encapsulated her into listening. Both ears pressed forward, Audra's working eye never left Torben. As she listened, she began to truly understand what he was saying.

Of course, if she had stayed in Valhalla all this time, maybe it would have been safer and nothing bad would've ever happened to her. Yet, falling in love had been one of the best things she'd experienced. Even crossing paths with that treacherous guy in the coat had made her stronger and braver. She would never take any of it back. It was the lingering pain that she felt sizzling at the edges of her heart that made her hesitant. How was she to trust anyone in a romantic way again? Not that she needed a lover, but the company and comfort of having someone around had been nice.

She watches as he shakes his head and smiles sadly. There truly was some honesty in his words and that in turn made her sad. "I-I appreciate you l-listening to me," her voice is quiet as she manages a smile on her lips. Reason unknown to her, Audra steps forward to close the space between them. A few steps forward and she has to tilt her chin up even more to get a good look at his face. "I-if you ever n-need to talk y-yourself, I'm usually n-not hard to find," the petite girl smiles as she reaches out a paw to place it on his chest in hopes it would help comfort him.

A  U  D  R  A

Torben

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy
08-03-2022, 10:06 AM
He is surprised.

Nobody really had approached him before. They always took steps away, or around. Cautious and careful of his size. But this small woman approached with the intention to make him feel better. He bent his head as she placed a paw against his chest, feeling a tingle of warmth in his stomach. Butterflies? Why? He literally just met her... But there was no questioning he was drawn to her timid kindness. "Thank ye." He rumbled this, tried to find better words but...

Just failed. He was not good at this. Nope, not at all. Being suave always made him feel uncomfortable. "I'm always here t' listen" he added. At least he could be truthful still! He didn't even try to awkwardly joke "guess we have that in common, aye?" He smiled down at the woman, hating their size difference but also welcoming it. In a way, it was almost endearing.

SPEECH HERE

Audra

Somnium

Master Healer (315)

Master Navigator (495)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
ghostliem

08-05-2022, 07:17 AM

Feeling the stirring of something in her belly, she replaced her paw back upon the ground. Keeping the closeness between them, she sat down while still looking up at him. With his own face bent down to look at her, their height difference wasn't so... massive anymore. His size wasn't intimidating to her, she was used to being around dire-sized wolves. Artorias, Hattori, Ardyn, Vidarr, they had all been nearly double her in size so as she met his albino gaze, she felt nothing but the urge to help him.

Audra giggled quietly as she gave him a confirming nod. "Yes, I s-suppose we do," she responded, suddenly feeling self-conscience about her disability. She had been staring up at him for too long, he would have surely noticed by now. Lowering her gaze so she was looking more at his chest, Audra glanced off to the right to hide the hideous dead eye that hung loosely in its socket. There was no point in trying to draw attention to it, but she couldn't erase the feeling that no one would ever find her desirable.

"A-are you o-on your w-way b-back to V-Valhalla?" Audra asks, trying to keep the subject on him as she shifts her weight between her paws.

A  U  D  R  A

Torben

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy
08-06-2022, 07:20 PM
Honestly, Torben did not care who had a disability or not. He was light sensitive due to his albinism. He had scars over his muzzle, his back... It made him feel a bit hurt to see Audra trying to hide hers. Not hurt in a personal sense, but he didn't know how to really... explain it. Like she didn't need to. "Don't do that" he said, frowning softly as he looked down at her "ye have nothing to hide. Nothing to be ashamed about." He wanted to say she was pretty, but he didn't want to be too forward.

Clearing his throat from his thoughts, he glanced back to where Valhalla was. "Aye" he confirmed, though knew he didn't want to go back yet. It was too soon in his travels, and he didn't want to leave Audra here alone "ye... want to walk back with me?" Torben asked, glancing back at her hesitantly "or... nah" he realised his mistake "if ye go with me, you'll be forced to walk back alone. Then I'll worry. E-Even if ye can take care of yerself!" He blurted out, flustered.

SPEECH HERE

Audra

Somnium

Master Healer (315)

Master Navigator (495)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
ghostliem

08-10-2022, 01:39 PM

His soured tone at her glancing away made her feel more ashamed in a way. Or was it embarrassment that he had noticed? She had noticed the scarring along his face and back but it was all healed from what she could see. There was no point in her bringing up his scars if there was no healing or tending to do. Letting out a sigh, she could only shake her head in disagreement. If only he knew how she had come into this predicament... A story for another time. When her own wounds weren't so fresh she supposed.

Audra's ears perked as he cleared his throat. Finally allowing her golden gaze to look up at him in curiosity, she tilted her head as he spoke. He wanted her to walk back with him? That was an awfully nice gesture. Even if she did have Mack to keep her company, the bobcat was more interested in mouse hunting to converse usually. The petite girl raised a brow in his direction as he changed his mind saying he would be too worried.

A small giggle left her lips as she smiled up at him. "Why d-do you n-not walk me b-back to M-menagerie lands th-than?" She quips as she notices his flustered expression. Truthfully, it was cute and endearing that he cared so much about her wellbeing. "O-once I'm s-safe within the gorge, you c-can g-go on to V-valhalla," Audra adds on as she waits to see what he thinks of this offer. Maybe he would want to stay for a while? Or they could see some sights before she settled into Menagerie?

A  U  D  R  A

Torben

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy
08-10-2022, 04:14 PM
It wasn't good enough. The sad little shake of a head, the dismissive attitude toward his words. But she refused to argue. She seemed to be flustered at his refusal to let her feel bad about herself. Torben frowned down at Audra. He didn't know why he cared so much, but it just made sense to... want to protect others. Even from themselves. He had always been like that. Always. Boreas was no different, except he hadn't the chance really at times. Everyone was situated, stubborn or confident.

"Ya know, right?" Torben tried again, tried to raise her spirits in whatever way he could "that yer pretty?" It seemed obvious to him but maybe she had low self-esteem. He frowned further, wondering how a pretty girl like her could stand to think that if true "I ain't the most put-together man me self" he continued "I don't care if ya have one eye or two, Audra." He tried to drive the point home. Again, he didn't know why he cared... Or maybe it was...

Did he care about her? Yes. He did. Audra offered a suggestion and he took it. "Ah, the Gorge" he piqued up, swinging his head to where he knew it to be "t' pack is there?" he murmured, taking the information in neutrally "all right" Torben nodded, swinging his head back to her "lead the way then."

SPEECH HERE

Audra

Somnium

Master Healer (315)

Master Navigator (495)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
ghostliem

08-23-2022, 07:18 AM

Her eye opened in surprise as he looked down at her. Did she know though? Only one other wolf had really given her the type of attention to clue her in on that aspect. Compared to other wolves around Boreas and Auster, she wasn't much. Plain dark russet coat on a petite frame with no special features. A missing eye, the other one glittered, rough as sand paw pads, and a glowing tongue. If she were a stranger, she probably would've stayed away. It wasn't just the eye thing either that bothered. It was how meek and nervous she was around other wolves, even if they said they didn't care if she stuttered. Who would want to spend time with such a coward?

She kept her lips shut tight as her chin was tilted up to get a good look at him. Letting out a quiet huff, she couldn't resist the little smile that showed. It was nice being told that she was pretty and that he didn't care about her missing eye. Truthfully, it was her current biggest insecurity and he saw right through it. "Y-you're p-pretty h-handsome yourself," Audra murmured quietly as she felt her cheeks flush. Disbelieving in herself for even saying it, she cleared her throat quickly and nodded to his question about the gorge.

"Oh y-yes, I b-believe that's wh-where we're staying," she felt flustered and ready to get walking. Hoping that moving her paws would help settle the feelings that twisted her stomach into knots, she began leading them in the direction of the gorge.

A  U  D  R  A

Torben

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy
08-23-2022, 01:04 PM
Oh, uh. That sorta backfired. Torben's face burned at the compliment. It was pretty obvious considering his albinism too. "T-Thank ye." He managed to say instead of nothing. It'd be quite rude to dismiss her words too. He had more or less forced his opinion on her, even if she seemed happy about it. He cleared his throat quietly, trying to make sense of everything and giving her time to compose herself too.

"Right" The Gorge. Gorge... Gorge. Not her. Just the Gorge. Focus on the Gorge. Torben turned his body, aware of her closeness, gently. He didn't want to throw himself to the side casually and cause her to fly off due to his shove. "let's go then." he added, letting Audra take the lead. He lumbered at a slow pace, per usual, and let her speak if she wished. But if not, he fell into a content silence. It felt nice. /end

SPEECH HERE