build
Balanced
player
Kingpedle

Samhain 2022Pride - Lesbian
08-05-2022, 12:21 AM
I am Dented, by the skies that keep me up at night

"I know I'm getting older but I'm not told I'm temporarily out of my mind."

She was eager to get back to her children. It'd hadn't been too much of trouble what with them being in deeper into the territory. Voodoo could already see the sun setting and that would make it the perfect time to catch Recluse.... though it occured to her that bringing a stranger to the borders when the alpha was still in mourning may have been a bad idea. No matter - she trusted Recluse would understand after all she had warned her right? Habari... she was going to have to say goodbye to her homeland. Yet didn't all birds leave the nest at some point?

"I'll call." Voodoo took a glance at Wren before lifting her head in a call. No doubt it would be a surprise but since the night was settling in perhaps it would be better. It was the usual anxiety swamping over her. When had Voodoo turned this nervous? She hadn't remembered every decision simply just weighed in her head heavily now. If it would benefit, if it would not, such things perhaps needn't matter.

MADE BY MINNIE of BTN

Wren I

"I'm the master of my sea"

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy

Festival OrganizerHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Double Master1KPride - DemisexualOverachiever
Vengeance
08-06-2022, 02:27 PM
"Okay."

Wren realized she had never had dealings with Habari that took her close to their base. Ghoul and Medusa always were elsewhere. She wondered fleetingly how the skull-marking woman was, being a slave to the pack. Ghoul, she hadn't seen in ages... Maybe he had moved on, and maybe not. But maybe she was kidding herself, picking his scent out along the border.

"I'll wait here then."

It stood to reason Voodoo didn't want to take her further in. The smell of pups was also in the air. Maybe Recluse had been pregnant, birthing another generation of "royal blood". Wren never placed stock in such a thing. She was a simple and common wolf, from no formal blood. Voodoo called for the alpha and she waited.

"Speech"
put me out of my misery
THINK MY HEART IS HISTORY
nothing can fix me

Recluse

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Lolaf

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! UnderachieverSnake EyesVengeance
Pride - Bisexual
08-08-2022, 03:32 PM (This post was last modified: 08-08-2022, 03:34 PM by Recluse. Edited 1 time in total.)
((OOC. I'll be removing Voodoo from the roster as part of my check this week so she'll be free to leave but I ask she not be added to the Menagerie roster until I've had a chance to remove her myself, though I'm still interested in continuing this thread if you both are.))

Recluse was indeed waking up, gently nuzzling each of her children, or at least all the ones she could actually reach in their sleeping puppy pile, and gently nosing at her husband. Sleep was still rough for her, she had yet to have a truly restful one since the day of Kali's death and she silently prayed that maybe she could have just one day where she wasn't needed, where she could take the time she needed to try and properly process what had happened, try and maneuver her grief. Today would not be that day, her cousin's call reached her volcanic den site and the woman sighed, glancing at Eraithus with a look that spoke of how tired she was but that she knew she had to go anyways.

The albino woman wasn't exactly surprised. Her cousin had been upfront with her when she'd returned home, she'd spoken of a Wren whom she wished to join and the woman had agreed that if Voodoo felt that the alpha was worthy of her that she'd agree to let her cousin go, though some part of her had hoped it would take a little longer if it happened at all. Voodoo was the most vocally interested in the arts of healing that the pack had, her own mother and Recluse's aunt could arguably be considered the most accomplished, but the woman hardly bothered to show her face anymore and it left Recluse nervous that they would be without anyone to tend to them in the event of an attack... Or gods forbid another wave of sickness. But she had also hoped that maybe Voodoo's children could have met her own, they were growing quickly and no doubt would soon be scampering all over the place and Recluse couldn't help but feel that it would benefit her children to have other children their own age to play with who weren't their siblings...

But there was little enough she could do about it. Voodoo was an adult and even though they'd spent little time together overall Recluse trusted her judgment, and it was probably time for the woman to forge her own path, her children in tow. So it wasn't a surprise to find Voodoo accompanied by another woman, she carried a pack scent that Recluse did not recognize but that was hardly surprising. She approached her cousin and gave her a soft smile, one that didn't quite hide the grief that clouded her eyes near constantly right now. ”Voodoo.” She said plainly but with clear affection, then turned her attention to the unknown woman, probably Wren. ”I'm Recluse Klein, Seraphim of Habari.” She dipped her head respectfully, her attention swinging back to her cousin for a moment and a hint of sadness crept into her voice though she did her best to keep her posture neutral. ”I suppose it's time.”

”Speech”  ’Thought’

[Image: lQPmFy0.png]
 Recluse is an M rated character, thread at own risk.
Updated 04/30/23: Still on indefinite scarcity, please do not remind me of threads I am behind on right now.

Voodoo

Loner

Intermediate Fighter (40)

Intermediate Healer (30)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Kingpedle

Samhain 2022Pride - Lesbian
08-08-2022, 11:26 PM
I am Dented, by the skies that keep me up at night

"I know I'm getting older but I'm not told I'm temporarily out of my mind."

It was correct of her to assume Recluse was not in the best moods. Yet She tried her hardest to genuinely care about Voodoo and how could she ignore that fact? Voodoo wasn't aware of the relationship between Medusa and Wren but the girl would come to know eventually she was sure. From Habari's stand point they were in a time of need when it came to a healer. But Voodoo had promised herself she wouldn't feel bad for wanting to choose something out of her life instead of being complacent all the time. Voodoo nodded her head slowly, "I brought Wren for introductions." she gestured towards the brown girl. It was up to Wren to forge some sort of conversation. Not Voo's responsibility.

"I'll bring the pups here wait a moment." She didn't really wait for an answer. After a few minutes all four bundles were safely tucked at her paws at the border. Voodoo was trying her best though when she finally looked up at Recluse she could almost hardly stop her tears. She smiled softly shaking her head a little as if she was trying to get fluff out of her ears. "I don't know if you know how much you mean to me Recluse." she said to her cousin as Voodoo sniffed each one of her pups in return. She knew she was taking a bit of Habari away with her too.

"You let my mother give birth to me here. I was born and raised by Habari in these very lands that I seldom left. I will always be thankful for you, Eraithus, all the wolves in Habari who cared about me." her eyes glittered. "It's hard to say goodbye, but this is truly what I want. On my Klein honor I'm following the road that leads to my happiness." She dipped her head. Though she wanted to stay, to hear Recluse's response. Though hopefully it did not make Wren think of her any less.

MADE BY MINNIE of BTN

Wren I

"I'm the master of my sea"

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy

Festival OrganizerHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Double Master1KPride - DemisexualOverachiever
Vengeance
08-09-2022, 08:30 AM
A pale woman appeared, introducing herself after admitting it was 'time'. Wren didn't need to look at Voodoo to understand. Her friend had told Recluse about leaving long before coming to the Gorge's border. She let Voodoo say her goodbyes before speaking up, giving a polite smile to Recluse.

"Wren Baines, Warden of Menagerie" boy, it felt odd to say sometimes! "you are free to visit when you want, Seraphim Recluse" Though from what she knew of the woman, she didn't leave Habari. That was just Medusa's words though "and Voodoo, of course, is free to come and go as she wants." She glanced at the woman and her children, giving a nod.

"Voodoo and her pups will be safe in Menagerie, not on my honor as an alpha, but as her friend" she hoped Recluse knew she wasn't pressuring for members, but to more or less collect wolves who wanted to be in her pack "it doesn't need to be goodbye" because "just a new beginning."

Wren backed up to allow Voodoo some time to say a proper goodbye. She knew some alphas didn't want to display their intentions or feelings in front of a stranger, so she looked away from Recluse. Just to give them some privacy.

"Speech"
put me out of my misery
THINK MY HEART IS HISTORY
nothing can fix me

Recluse

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Lolaf

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! UnderachieverSnake EyesVengeance
Pride - Bisexual
08-15-2022, 08:10 PM

The brown woman introduced herself as Wren and Recluse nodded, a respectful movement that made it clear she understood and respected that the pair of them stood on some equal grounds in a way, and she simply nodded as her cousin moved past her to gather her four little bundles. The pointedness of Wren's words were admittedly lost on Recluse who simply took them as a gentle reassurance that her cousin would be treated well and to be honest Recluse appreciated it, even if her interpretation was a little skewed. She had no reason to assume Wren knew anything about her or her pack at all. Recluse had a welling of maternal instinct as she saw her cousin so clearly struggling with her emotion and as Wren left to give them some privacy the woman stepped towards her, careful to keep the precious bundles from being underfoot, and gently wrapped her cousin up into a hug. ”For as long as it's within my power you'll always be welcomed back here if you need.” She whispered softly. ”I know you're strong and smart, and you're already an excellent mother, you've already done the Klein name proud. So don't worry, alright?” Recluse pulled back slightly to look at Voodoo, wanting to meet her gaze and assure her that Recluse understood her emotions and wasn't judging for her making her own path. She couldn't know what her aunt felt, not anymore but some part of her ached to think she'd never get to see Kali do the same, maybe that was where it came from, maybe she was projecting a bit but she also cared for her cousin and so wanted the younger woman to know that.

”Speech”  ’Thought’

[Image: lQPmFy0.png]
 Recluse is an M rated character, thread at own risk.
Updated 04/30/23: Still on indefinite scarcity, please do not remind me of threads I am behind on right now.