size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Shard

OverachieverSamhain 2022Double MasterThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
07-18-2022, 03:19 PM
Kotori did not have his own land yet and so it could be arrogant to seek out alliances when he had no proof of his own right to alpha.  However, the Elysium pack would already be well aware of his plans considering Aslatiel and Indigo had agreed to go with him.  Kotori knew well most of the pack alpha’s he wanted an alliance with.  His father for armada, Venom for Ashen, and while he still didn’t know Artorias very well Kotori certainly knew Briar.  

Kotori had once waited to talk about plans and caused his plans to fail.  Making his way to the border of Elysium land he howled a call for the alpha, a polite request to speak with them.  This would be his first time negotiating and attempting to create an alliance.  Kotori lacked lessons in diplomacy but he did know how to be polite and respectful.  The brown wolf truly believed himself superior to many common-blooded wolves but, there were some he could respect.  In their presence, he knew how to lower his ego.

Kotori waited, shoving away his inner curiosities about how Ikigai was doing and wondering if she also would have heard his call.  What was she doing?
[Image: HMmbDEu.png]
 [Image: ezgif.com-gif-maker_39.gif]

Manea

Elysium
Advisor

Expert Fighter (204)

Master Hunter (260)

An icon representing the specialty Defender Defender

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Shelby

Samhain 2022Statue 2 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Ooh La LaPride - Bisexual
07-22-2022, 10:51 AM

Manea lifted her head from where she was playing and training with Fia when the call came from the border for her. It wasn't a voice she recognized so she couldn't call back for them to simply come into the pack which meant she would need to go greet their guest. She sighed softly and gave her youngest daughter a smile, nuzzling her cheek. "I'll be right back, my darling." With that she got up and gave herself a quick shake to smooth her violet coat before she trotted across the shore of the island and over the land bridge that connected it to the mainland, quickly making her way to the edge of the rock garden. Within a few minutes she spotted the earthen-hued male that was waiting for her and she looked at him curiously with a polite smile.

As she came to a stop in front of him, she gave a nod of her head in greeting and said, "I'm Manea Mendacium, the Genetrix of Elysium. What brings you to my borders?" He didn't have any pack scent on him, at least not from what she could recognize initially, but his scent was similar to Sirius and his brood so she hazarded a guess that he was likely in their family. She had grown fairly familiar with that group over time and like Venom's family she had come to respect and value her interactions with them. She settled neatly on her haunches and gave the horned male her attention, waiting for him to reveal why he had called her out here.

"Manea Mendacium"

Kotori

Loner

Master Fighter (340)

Master Hunter (330)

An icon representing the specialty Juggernaut Juggernaut

An icon representing the specialty Mangler Mangler

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Shard

07-31-2022, 11:30 PM

Kotori watched Manea as she approached, soaking in the details of her appearance.  While he noticed the color of her fur it was more about her size, her body’s conformation, and confidence in her stride that he would focus on.  The Ashen empire had wanted an alliance with this pack enough to give up Ikigai and so Kotori had to assume this was a pack worthy of working hard to ally with as well.  Also, if he got the land he was hoping for the two would be neighbors.  

Kotori dipped his head in a respectful bow as she met with him.  They would be equals after he had an established pack but right now he’d acknowledge her station as above his situation.  Dad hadn’t sent him to Ashen to practice humility but it had been the perfect thing he had needed for this.  “Hello Genetrix,” formal title for formal discussion, “I’m Kotori Fatalis.  I have no pack at this moment to claim but I will be making one soon enough.”

With the initial greeting complete Kotori sat down as well.  “I’m going to attempt to gain the land that was once Abaven’s so we might become neighbors soon if that works.  I also know other wolves I respect seem to think well of you and your pack.  I thought it might be good to meet before I brought I settled with a pack of wolves so close to your own pack.”  He attempted to mix formality and politeness in his words.  

"Kotori Fatalis"

Manea

Elysium
Advisor

Expert Fighter (204)

Master Hunter (260)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Shelby

Samhain 2022Statue 2 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Ooh La LaPride - Bisexual
08-07-2022, 02:24 PM

The younger man was respectful which she certainly appreciated which she certainly wouldn't have expected any different from someone related to Sirius and Briar—if indeed he was. Sure enough, as he began to speak and introduced himself he revealed he was part of the Fatalis family and she smiled softly at that, but she didn't interrupt. He went on to explain how he didn't currently have a pack, but he did intend to soon. That brought a interested look to her expression with lifted, surprised brows. She was in his position not all that long ago so she certainly had respect for someone who could come to another pack's borders with such ambitions and claims. To her it spoke to the strength of his will to have the dedication to put behind the work it would take to make something like that happen.

Once he explained that he was planning on claiming the lands where Abaven once stood she understood more clearly why he had come to her specifically. It would do well for him to get to know the pack he would be neighboring with and she appreciated that he did it sooner rather than later. She was pleased to hear that others he associated with thought well of her and her pack and that brought another smile to her lips. With his initial presentation of himself and his plans finished she gave him a small nod of her head and replied, "Well, it's a pleasure to meet you, Kotori. I certainly appreciate the ambition it takes to strike out on your own and I'm glad to know there's a possibility of having you as a neighbor." She gave him a curious look and added, "What is your goal for your pack? Do you have any particular motivations or desires behind it?"

"Manea Mendacium"

Kotori

Loner

Master Fighter (340)

Master Hunter (330)

An icon representing the specialty Juggernaut Juggernaut

An icon representing the specialty Mangler Mangler

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Shard

08-15-2022, 01:24 AM

Manea smiled as Kotori spoke of his plans and didn’t question his ability to live up to his plans.  Kotori had no one to speak for him and no past performances to prove his ability and so it would have been Maneas right to doubt his abilities.  Kotori wouldn’t let anyone stop him from having a pack of his own and soon the world would know it.  Whether he got the land once belonging to abaven or another, nothing could stop him.  Big words that he never lived up to would be inexcusable.

At least by this initial greeting, it sounded like an alliance would be possible, though certainly a more official meeting and discussion would be required.  She mentioned his goals and Kotori nodded his head.  “When I first started considering a pack of my own I admit it was mostly that I wanted to be the one making the choices, making the rules instead of following them.”  Kotori’s lip twitched, “I don’t think I was meant to live the life of a follower.”

“I did find more reason than that though.  I’m proud of my Fatalis name and my blood.  I intend for my pack to be a place where my children and any others of noble blood learn their worth.  Learn the treatment they deserve and the responsibilities that come with the station.  There will be tests, or challenges required of children to prove themselves and challenges for adults to prove themselves.”  He hadn't fully worked out all the details of his future tests yet but damn it they'd be good ones.

Kotori hesitated before adding on with a bit more humility, “I never asked to learn diplomacy while in the Armada though I gained some advice from Venom when I was assisting Ashen.  Hopefully, I will find an instructor for all children to at least have a foundation of it.”  Mostly Kotori was learning the art of diplomacy by jumping into the fire.  “All will learn a trade and master it if they want to enjoy their time in Valta.   That’s not to say one has to be of noble stature to join but, it will be needed for higher positions.” Sure, Kotori sounded full of himself and that was fine.  He knew some disliked that line of thought, especially the many he did look down upon.

Was he arrogant or justified?  Depended on who you asked and Kotori didn’t give a damn.  It would be his pack, his dream being created.  One way or another his pack would grow and become reality.  Would Elysium’s alpha scoff at his plan or be accepting of it?  “Obviously I label you and your family as noble blood.  My pack will treat yours with respect, regardless if official allies or not.” She probably could figure that out but it was a good detail to speak plainly versus any thought of speculation.

"Kotori Fatalis"

Manea

Elysium
Advisor

Expert Fighter (204)

Master Hunter (260)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Shelby

08-20-2022, 12:51 AM

Manea couldn't really help but smirk slightly as Kotori went on to explain some of his views that he had for his future pack, his desires to not be a follower any longer, and how he viewed those of "noble blood" to be more deserving of recognition within his ranks. It amused her only because she saw so much of her younger self in those views. When she first struck out on her own with the drive to rebuild the Mendacium family she had known that she would need to pull others into their bloodline to continue it on, but hadn't genuinely held much respect for those outside of their family. Soon though she met wolves like Alastor, Irilyth, Ricin and Chade, Venom, Chimera, Artorias and Briar... There were so many now that she respected so highly and the experiences of the last few years had certainly broadened her views on what made a "good" or "worthy" wolf. Of course she still on reflex and instinct looked for the mutations and traits that she had been taught equaled strength and a better chance at surviving in this world and put a lot of emphasis on those things still, but she had also come to understand that someone like Irilyth who by all means likely would have been culled from a Mendacium litter could still astound her with her wisdom and skill. She had a feeling that perhaps time and experience would temper Kotori a bit, but for now she wasn't going to dampen his ambition and strength of his beliefs.

She did appreciate the idea of the pups and adults alike in his pack needing to prove themselves. She wanted everyone to carry their own weight to one extent or another and liked to reward those that did more to better themselves and the pack so she could get behind his idea of testing their mettle. It wasn't too unlike the trails she had for the wolves that competed for their higher ranks. When he mentioned learning from Venom, her brows lifted a bit with interest. She wasn't necessarily surprised that he knew the Ashen Empress since Armada had been neighbors to Ashen when she first encountered them and from what she understood the two packs were fairly well intertwined, though it did interest her to hear that Kotori had been getting advice from the Empress. Manea also picked out the name of his future pack among his statements, figuring it out from the context clues around it. Valta. A grin tugged at her lips as he declared that he would view her and hers as part of this nobility and she chuckled softly, giving a dip of her head in response. "Well, I do appreciate that. I have thought favorably of your family since I met your father some time ago now and that's only become more true as I've gotten to know Briar and her husband more closely." She certainly would leave out the details of her relationship with The Hallows leaders, but it didn't feel like it could hurt to mention that she had already known some of his other family members.

"Venom and I recently cemented the alliance between Ashen and Elysium," she added since he was familiar with the Empress, revealing more possible ties between her pack and his proposed future pack. Smiling again, she said, "It sounds like we run in the same circles. I imagine if you hadn't come to introduce yourself our paths would have crossed eventually regardless." As she briefly thought back on his description of his intents for the pack, she picked out the bit he mentioned about finding an instructor to teach diplomacy. Her head tipped slightly with thought for a moment as she considered him before she offered, "I do have quite a skilled diplomat in Elysium that could possibly come to teach lessons on occasion if you find yourself lacking someone that could fill that role. Her name is Ikigai. She's actually Venom's daughter so perhaps you're already aware of her?" She had a hard time believing that anyone that was familiar with Venom's family could fail to know about someone as striking as Ikigai, but she couldn't be sure either and she didn't want to assume.

"Manea Mendacium"