Small
build
Light
player
Lackadaisy

HomebodyDouble MasterPride - Bisexual
08-22-2022, 06:59 PM

"Pyralis?"

Eden approached the old woman on the beach. Ignis or one of his companions was watching the puppies; she made sure it was either of them. He could stand to watch them, considering she had birthed them! Though she was amused more with his actions around them, hesitant and almost scared, than annoyed. Cleaning herself quickly, she made it to the Unholy Sin before stopping.

"I have some time now" she said to Pyralis, bowing her head respectfully "if... you could show me a few moves?" Now that her children were in the world, Eden wanted to learn how to fight for them. Ignis could easily defend himself. He could defend them, but she couldn't sit back and twiddle her paws either. She wanted to be a worthy mother.

Eden tried to place herself as she had seen Ignis in fights. Her defenses squared, ears pinned and eyes narrowed.

"Speech"
1/3 - get to know packmate (pyralis)

AS HER OWNER...
ignis praetor is allowed in any thread, even ones marked private
baelfire, diablo, rivin and aresenn are also allowed due to being her children

Pyralis

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Samhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipDouble MasterLegendaryPride - BisexualAuster Explorer
Treat 2019Famous
08-22-2022, 07:14 PM
All You Have Is Your Fire...

Pyralis stretched out on the black rocks of the beach, sighing contentedly as the heat warmed her sore joints. That was one benefit to the dark stones. It might not be the lush white sand that many craved but it suited Pyr's needs far better. Her good hear twitched at the sound of approaching footsteps, the mummified one stood still at attention. She turned her head and spied Eden approaching and she offered the new mother a soft smile.

"I have some time now if... you could show me a few moves?"

Pyralis stretched her forelegs forward, toes spreading. "I suppose now is as good a time as any." It was one of the few times she had decided to hang around the pirates territory to recooperate from her raid wounds as well as her northern encounter with Gossamer. Pyralis got to her feet, giving her coat a little shake to help wake herself up before she faced off across from Eden. "What is it you would like to start with? Defenses? Attacking? Picking Targets?" She was content to share her knowledge but with 12 years of life there were many places to start.

Please note that Pyralis is a ghost. It is up to you to decide what level your chars can see/hear her. She was killed by having her throat ripped apart. At times the wound may be visible and be actively bleeding.

Hear ye!  Hear ye! Beware her Ladyship, her Excellence (etc. ad infinitum), Captain Pyralis Abraxas.  Thread with at yer own risk!  This cutthroat savage stands accused though not convicted of heinous crimes including murder, maiming, brawling, cursing, kidnapping and an unspeakable event involving a newt, two coyotes and a distressed potoo.  Ye've been warned!

Eden I

"Build on the light to carry you"

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Lackadaisy

08-22-2022, 07:22 PM

"Defences."

Eden already felt overwhelmed by the knowledge the old woman had. But she'd pick one thing and one thing right now. She tried to place her legs apart, squaring and balancing. "Uh, I saw a few other fights already" she added with embarrassment "I think... um, balance your weight" and "narrow your ears. Pin ears? What... do I do with my, er, lack of a tail?" She wiggled her back a bit like a small dog, wondering if she should somehow make up for it in another way.

She'd seen others tuck tails, so she wondered if Pyralis knew something around that. A trick of some kind. "I-If I want to protect my pups... I need to learn everything I can!" The fire in her green depths was there "so, anything helps." Eden already knew Pyralis knew that others looked down on her. A lot. They didn't think she was capable of violence, and so ignored her. They hadn't bothered to even teach her things like this.

"Speech"

AS HER OWNER...

Pyralis

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Samhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipDouble MasterLegendaryPride - BisexualAuster Explorer
Treat 2019Famous
08-27-2022, 08:19 PM
All You Have Is Your Fire...

Pyralis wasn't the least bit surprised when Eden said defenses. It seemed like a lot of healers preferred to fight defensively, so afraid to start out learning how to use their unique knowledge to cause the most damage. Pyr wouldn't argue however, as defenses were the corner stone of learning to fight. It was one of the first things she'd taught her children and learning these first could help build confidence for learning counters and attacks. She watched patiently as Eden showed a few of the defenses she knew.

What... do I do with my, er, lack of a tail?

Pyralis chuckled. "Don't worry about it. Tuck it as much as you can but it's less of a concern for you. Tucking a tail just makes it harder for your opponent to get a hold of. Yours is already so short it'd be hard to grab." Pyralis copied Eden's moves, taking them a step further. She spread her legs evenly, balancing her weight across all four limbs and pinning her ears then tucking her tail. "You've got a few but there are many more. Here are a few more important ones. Roll your shoulders forward," Pyr demonstrated, "and scrunch your neck back. This bunches up that thicker fur and flesh over your neck and throat. Makes it harder to do severe damage." Pyralis scrunched her neck back then undid both maneuvers before performing them again so that Eden could see the difference.

"Know that feeling when you're scared and your fur stands on end? Let it! Raise those hackles." Pyralis demonstrated again. "The more fur your opponent has to deal with when biting you the better. Is it perfect armor? No. But fights are often won by thin margins. Take every advantage you can get. Go ahead and try those three and then I can show you a few more."

Please note that Pyralis is a ghost. It is up to you to decide what level your chars can see/hear her. She was killed by having her throat ripped apart. At times the wound may be visible and be actively bleeding.

Hear ye!  Hear ye! Beware her Ladyship, her Excellence (etc. ad infinitum), Captain Pyralis Abraxas.  Thread with at yer own risk!  This cutthroat savage stands accused though not convicted of heinous crimes including murder, maiming, brawling, cursing, kidnapping and an unspeakable event involving a newt, two coyotes and a distressed potoo.  Ye've been warned!

Eden I

"Build on the light to carry you"

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Lackadaisy

08-29-2022, 06:16 PM

"I shall try..."

Pyralis proved to be a good teacher, demonstrating instead of forcing her into a fight she would not win. It would be easy for the old woman to summon another pirate to beat some sense into Eden, but she was patient instead. She tried to roll her shoulders forward, feeling her fur tickling upward. Her neck felt odd but strangely thick from the fur. That was one. She raised her fur best she could, showing hackles. Two...

She tried to tuck her tail desperately but the short puff refused to really curl. She tried to square herself like Pyralis, forcing her legs apart to be solid in stance alone like the Sin had. She felt like a gust of wind would knock her off, but practice makes perfect. "Take advantage..." she frowned "you mean, fight dirty?" Eden was by no means a fighter but if it meant protecting those she cared about...

"So... throw dirt in eyes?" she had only seen this, for Ignis fought a bit more methodically and also brutally. He didn't need cheap tricks. She felt the earth below her paws and tried to imagine what it was like to toss it into someone's face.

"Speech"

AS HER OWNER...