Small
build
Light
player
ghostliem

Samhain 2022Derby Winner1KPride - BisexualDouble MasterAll Oozed Out
The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Wordy
08-23-2022, 06:29 AM

Their trek from Sunset Falls to the northern regions of Boreas had been pleasant and fun. Forced to go around Fenrir's Maw, they had had plenty of time to chat and get to know each other. So far, Audra really enjoyed Zoey and at times, she felt even her companion, Mack, enjoyed her company as well. The grump of a bobcat walked by her side as they finished their journey through the Sparse Pines and approached the looming S. S. Antiox. From afar, it wasn't the most pleasant place to call home, but the wolves of Menagerie were doing their best to spruce it up.

Letting a shiver roll down her spine, Audra stopped near the border as she looked up at the ship. "H-huge, isn't it?" She whispered over to Zoey with a smile. "Y-you'll love it here," her voice is still quiet as she draws her attention from the ship to the girl. Thankful that she was able to help someone from Abaven find a place to begin a new life, Audra tipped her head back. Releasing a howl into the winds, she called for Wren to come greet their newest member.

A  U  D  R  A

audra's companions are to be assumed next to her unless stated otherwise

Zoey

Loner

Intermediate Intellectual (50)

Beginner Hunter (0)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Talia

Samhain 2022Statue 2 Worship
08-23-2022, 09:03 AM
It was quite the journey from the warmer regions Zoey had frequented, to this northern peak Audra led her to. She was slowly but surely warming up to the one-eyed girl, finding her comforting in many ways. Even her crabby bobcat companion seemed to enjoy her company. The girl walked next to the woman from this Menagerie pack, and they conversed throughout their trip up north. She liked this Audra lady, she really did. Zoey only hoped that this pack would accept her..and that they wouldn't disappear. Not again. The russet girl fell into periods of silence, no doubt noticed by the woman next to her, times when her heart ached and tears threatened to prick her goggled eyes. Still, she remained strong, pulling up a smile when she could. Kept her voice as light-hearted as possible. But it was hard. So, so hard. She felt like she had been torn apart, again and again.

As Audra shivered at the cold that settled over them - no surprise this far north, but Zoey wasn't accustomed to it - she, too, felt her body shiver uncontrollably. Her teeth chattered as they reached their destination, her head tilting upwards to get a good view of the ship in font of them. She knew of ships - human contraptions that made traversing across water possible. Of course, this boat hadn't made it very far it seemed, settling forever into an ice-covered grave. It looked cold, solemn, and though Zoey was very much the inquisitive type about human-made objects, her current mood made it difficult to be more curious. The flicker in her eyes was dull, sweeping over the ship's frame with a melancholic expression. Audra spoke, and she replied with a nod and, "Yeah, it is." It was huge, truly. She wondered how many wolves were in this pack to need such a large home. Audra then mentioned Zoey would love it here. Another twinge of sadness tugged at her chest. A heaviness she still had to carry. Looking wistfully ahead, she then turned to the smaller woman with a sad smile. "I'm sure it'll be a great home." Hopefully she could stay here, stay with them as long as she needed or wanted. The russet yearling didn't think she could withstand more abandonment than she already felt. She stayed firmly next to Audra's side, already beginning to demonstrate some form of trust. She was comforting to the solemn girl, that was for sure. And with that, they waited for the leader to reply to Audra's call.

Speech

Wren I

"I'm the master of my sea"

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy

Festival OrganizerHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Double Master1KPride - DemisexualOverachiever
Vengeance
08-23-2022, 10:01 AM
Audra's call was unexpected.

Wren knew she had left the pack's land briefly to roam, and she didn't care if she did. It wasn't the first time and it wouldn't be the last anyway. As long as her lead healer did her duty while here, Audra could come and go as she pleased. She approached the two, with a wide grin as she waved her tail like a banner. "Hey, Audra" she said to the woman warmly before giving the russet girl a kind look.

"And who's this?" she asked after a heartbeat. Audra wasn't the type to bring others back to her knowledge, not unless they proved themselves... "my name is Wren Baines, Warden of Menagerie." She introduced herself with a nod of her head, a polite tip to the girl. Falling silent, she let Audra and the other female do the dance of introductions next.

"Speech"
put me out of my misery
THINK MY HEART IS HISTORY
nothing can fix me

Audra

Somnium

Master Healer (315)

Master Navigator (495)

An icon representing the specialty Poison Master Poison Master

An icon representing the specialty Scout Scout

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
ghostliem

08-24-2022, 10:43 AM

Unsurprising, Wren would not keep them waiting very long. "Wren," she mused quietly as the Warden approached. Now that she was settling into Menagerie, being around the other female was comforting and easy. There were no awkward or uneasy feelings that would cause her to stutter as much. At least not when Wren was around; for the others, it would still take some time.

Typically, she would have allowed Zoey to introduce herself, but since the girl was younger and had been going through a rough time, Audra thought it would be helpful if she did it for her. "Th-this is Zoey. She u-used to b-b in Abaven before they dissolved. I-I offered h-her a place here at Menagerie so sh-she could h-have a home and learn m-more about hunting and scouting," Audra turned her gaze toward Zoey and smiled at the girl. She would leave the floor open if Zoey wanted to add anything else on about herself.

A  U  D  R  A

Zoey

Loner

Beginner Hunter (0)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Talia

08-24-2022, 07:43 PM
The woman Audra had called for had finally approached, in quick timing as well. Zoey peered through her goggled eyes at the woman’s striped and multilayered patterning of ochre and coffee hues, and couldn’t help but feel she was a nice person. The woman - Wren, she introduced herself - was the Warden of the Menagerie. She blinked. That meant the leader, she assumed - much like Miss Theory had been the Headmistress of Abaven..oh. The sadness she’d curled up and tucked away in her chest and her mind reared its ugly head, and she blinked furiously to chase back any tears. She just hoped the nice Wren and nice Audra would let her stay. And they wouldn’t disappear as her other home had. After Wren spoke, Zoey was about to open her mouth to speak when Audra introduced her - being spot on about her interests in hunting and scouting. She did have an interest in the sciences, in observations and research. That would never change, and perhaps she’d regain her passion for the subjects again if things turned alright here.

The yearling nodded at Audra’s words, adding as she turned to face Wren, "If you’ll have me..I’ll do my best to fulfill my duties as a member of your pack. Be it in hunting or scouting, or even research." She even mustered a small smile, but it was taut. She just wanted to melt, curl up into a ball and cry again. Even with Audra being such a comfort, she was just so worried. She didn’t want to be alone again. She couldn’t take that again.

Speech

Wren I

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy

Festival OrganizerHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Double Master1KPride - DemisexualOverachiever
Vengeance
08-24-2022, 07:57 PM
So, she guessed right. That was fine. Wren smiled kindly, having noticed the girl moments away from literal tears. "You aren't the first person to be misplaced by Abaven, Zoey" she said, giving a nod to Audra "it's okay to feel sad about that too. If you wanna talk about it sometime, you're free to seek me out" she turned her attention back to the russet girl "if you like, you can... be my apprentice" she offered freely "I was a hunter in Armada before forming Menagerie. I could teach you more, and you'd be free to pursue other interests too. Research included."

She paused.

"While you're here, you'd be a Mage. An apprentice. That's just a stuffy formal rank for anyone under a year or training" she smirked "but we're trying to teach our youth one on one, so if you accept you'd be trained by me and me alone. When you graduate, you'd be able to teach others too. If not, I can always find someone else" Maybe Tanelan, because Mercury was training Beauregard? "either way, you're welcomed to Menagerie. Consider yourself among us. Audra, I hope, can help you find a den?" She looked to their Cleric, inviting her to speak her piece too. Nobody would ever say Wren didn't believe in free speech and free expression!

"Speech"
put me out of my misery
nothing can fix me

Audra

Somnium

Master Healer (315)

Master Navigator (495)

An icon representing the specialty Poison Master Poison Master

An icon representing the specialty Scout Scout

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
ghostliem

08-25-2022, 12:56 PM

The fluttering of Zoey's tears did not go unnoticed by the two women. Audra pained for the young girl as she knew personally how tragic it was to be displaced. Hoping that the young girl wouldn't be too offended by Audra introducing her instead, she watched carefully. Zoey's stiff posture and taut smile were indicators that she was nervous. Yet, Audra was still hopeful. Menagerie was full of youngsters and the pack was still new. They had time to build up their numbers and create a family-like friendship between all of them. The one thing Audra did know is that Zoey had to no longer worry about being alone.

Audra would stay quiet as Wren spoke her piece. Feeling good inside that she had chosen the right path to take, she smiled. Wren was welcoming, comforting, friendly, and ambitious. All qualities she looked for in friendship and leadership. When Wren suggested she mentor Zoey one on one, Audra's tail wagged a few times. It sounded like a great idea to her and she nodded in Wren's direction. Waiting until after Zoey said her piece, she turned her attention to the girl. "Wh-whenever you're r-ready, I can show y-you around," her voice is warm and excited as she waits to hear what Zoey has to say.

A  U  D  R  A

Zoey

Loner

Beginner Hunter (0)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Talia

08-27-2022, 07:36 PM

Zoey, though still anxious about the new chanfes in her life - and the everlasting anxiety of being left alone - felt very much comforted by the two women with her. Wren began by mentioning she knew Abaven and their unfortunate dispersal, and that the yearling could seek her out if she needed to talk. They’d both seen the wet glimmer in her eyes, the tears that didn’t quite flow but were quite visible. She let herself blink, a string or two of teardrops wetting her russet cheeks. She nodded in acknowledgement. Zoey couldn’t just keep everything inside. She had to talk about what she was going through, she knew that. Wren continued, saying if she agreed, she could be trained one-on-one with her. She would be named a Mage in ranking, but could be trained to hunt and expand on her research skills and exploration of new creatures and things. The brightness that had dulled in her eyes twinkled every so slightly. The leader’s words clearly left a positive mark on her..perhaps even a tad of that hidden enthusiasm? Though clearly still melancholic and beaten down, the hope emerged in her expression as she mustered a more relaxed smile this time. "That sounds wonderful, Miss Wren," She said, gratitude clear in her trembling voice. "Thank you so much." Perhaps this place would be more permanent than she had let herself believe. Maybe she did have a home here. A place to belong and feel protected and loved.

The thing that hit her was she was one of the Menagerie now. The tears threatened to pool in her bright umber eyes again before Audra mentioned showing her around. She nodded in agreement, offering a grateful nod to both of them. She still had healing to do, but she was becoming just a bit more confident that she would remain here. Baby steps, right?

”Speech” ‘Think’

Wren I

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy

Vengeance
08-31-2022, 02:28 AM

She flashed Audra and Zoey a warm grin, tail wagging behind her. "Once you're settled, we'll talk more" she promised the girl, rising to turn back to the ship's inner locations. She really needed more hunters in the pack if they were going to be bigger, claim more land... But that would come with time "and train." She added over her shoulder, leaving the pair alone.

She had to wonder if Audra would bring more strays home in time. It was a funny thought, honestly. That the shy Cleric had the capacity to be diplomatic and recruit... Her friend was full of little surprises. Perhaps others just flocked to Audra because of her kind nature? They instinctively knew she wouldn't hurt them, that she was here to listen. Wren only hoped to do the same for Menagerie.

/exit

"Speech"
put me out of my misery
nothing can fix me