An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022GlobetrotterStatue 2 WorshipOverachieverIsland HopperSmall Fries
TrapperRunning on EmptySocialiteBest BudsRapid Poster - GoldSouthern Explorer
WealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! WinnerBy the skin of my teethAll Oozed OutThe Ooze Participant
The Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyOoh La LaVengeanceCritical Observation!Underachiever
ScarredCritical Fail!ExplorerIce Bridge ExplorerWordyLoser
Snake EyesDouble MasterLegendaryCritical Hit!1K
09-05-2022, 02:05 PM

Azure was nearly finished his study of Boreas' islands with only one final desolate place left to visit. The scaled island was not the most friendly looking of places, but he had heard from many a stranger that it was one of the best places to find crocodiles, serpents and the like. He came up upon the scaled rocky outcropping expecting to see a cluster of the oversized lizards ripe to be killed and skinned, disappointed to see not a crocodile in sight.

Was it not the right time of year for them, or had they seen him coming and fled? Sighing, he crossed the outcroppings toward the island's center where a pool of water had formed. Within the water he could see a multitude of fish and other sea creatures coming up from the depths - this must be where the crocodiles fed. Perhaps if he took a few of their meals, they'd show up to fight him.

Dipping his paw into the pool he aimed to swipe at a rather large fish, sighing as it evaded the touch of his claws.

"Speech"

Both of Azure's ears have notches and tears.
Az has a scar across his right eye, a mirror image of his natural born marking.
Azure has saber fangs, bone spurs on his elbows and knees, and the paws/forelimbs of a bear.
Not all of these features are always reflected in his art.

Azure's companions are a very big bat and a young clouded leopard, unless otherwise stated assume they're not with him.

Jynn

Tojo-kai
Taicho

Master Navigator (240)

Master Fighter (300)

An icon representing the specialty Scout Scout

An icon representing the specialty Weaponsmaster Weaponsmaster

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
lunarcat7

Dream WeaverUnderachieverSmall FriesSocialiteDerby WinnerBy A Whisker
StudentSamhain 2022HomebodyTeacherSnake EyesRapid Poster - Rainbow
Festival OrganizerWordyThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Critical Block!Slow Poke
WealthyRenowed ExplorerUnderground ExplorerIsland HopperBoreas ExplorerWestern Explorer
Northern ExplorerSouthern ExplorerGlobetrotterLegendaryAuster ExplorerScaredy Cat
How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! OverachieverCritical Fail!Ooh La LaEastern ExplorerExplorer
Ice Bridge ExplorerMammoth HunterPride - Pansexual1KBeeventDouble Master
09-10-2022, 09:29 AM
Come down, come down sweet reverence

Jynn had gone for a swim to escape the heat of summer and had ended up on the lizard island. She'd only been there once and hadn't really planned on returning but perhaps she could fidn some smaller lizards to eat. What was strange though was she didn't see any. The place had been crawling with them before. Perhaps they were in their dens to escape the heat. What she did find was Azure. What in the world was he doing all the way out here? She hesitated. Their last interaction hadn't been terrible. Perhaps they could move on? Jynn cleared her throat and smiled softly. "Hey there, out hunting strange sea creatures again?"

Azure

"Break what can be broken"

Loner

Master Fighter (935)

Master Hunter (555)

An icon representing the specialty Saboteur Saboteur

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

WealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! WinnerBy the skin of my teethAll Oozed OutThe Ooze Participant
The Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyOoh La LaVengeanceCritical Observation!Underachiever
09-12-2022, 04:01 PM

It was rare to find another wolf upon one of the deserted western islands, but lately he'd been encountering all sorts. His ears flicked back at the sound of approaching pawpads - half expecting it to be that glowing runt he'd left behind on the island to the south - his eyes darting off the swimming fish to peer sidelong at her approach. Ah, it was this not-quite-a-wolf woman. With her he'd had a negative encounter, but also a more recent positive one. Until she proved she could not be trusted, Azure decided to let bygones be bygones.

"Not so strange, these ones." He admitted, gesturing with his muzzle toward the pool of fish. "It would take quite a creature to be odder than that flat thing was, but at least these taste a bit better." The fish were quite large in comparison to those he was used to catching. While not having as much meat on the bone as an ocean predator might, they were a decent meal and a better option than some of the smallest types of seafood.

"Speech"

Azure has saber fangs, bone spurs on his elbows and knees, and the paws/forelimbs of a bear.

Azure's companions are a very big bat and a young clouded leopard, unless otherwise stated assume they're not with him.

Jynn

Tojo-kai
Taicho

Master Navigator (240)

Master Fighter (300)

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
lunarcat7

Festival OrganizerWordyThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Critical Block!Slow Poke
WealthyRenowed ExplorerUnderground ExplorerIsland HopperBoreas ExplorerWestern Explorer
Northern ExplorerSouthern ExplorerGlobetrotterLegendaryAuster ExplorerScaredy Cat
How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! OverachieverCritical Fail!Ooh La LaEastern ExplorerExplorer
09-16-2022, 05:31 PM

Jynn moved closer, ears flicking forward as she caught the shifting and shimmering form dart through the water. She whistled. “Wow… that is a big fish.” She was surprised to find something so large that was also so close to the surface but apparently it was making good work of eating the smaller ones. “Fair point. Got any plans to catch this one? I’d be happy to help for a solid meal.” As a loner she made it a point to join others in hunting whenever she could. It helped keep her diet varied and usually meant larger prey which meant being full for longer. Something useful when it came to travels. “I wonder if we could damage the gils enough to bleed it out, if we can make sure it doesn’t get away from us.”

Azure

"Break what can be broken"

Loner

Master Fighter (935)

Master Hunter (555)

An icon representing the specialty Saboteur Saboteur

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

09-19-2022, 02:40 PM

Azure shrugged as the maned wolf asked for ideas on how to catch the rather large creatures, suggesting that a blow to it's gills might do the job. He hummed thoughtfully, peering into the pond's depths. "I don't see any inlets feeding into this, I believe the rest of it is underground. I don't know how deep it goes, but this may be their closest food source. They keep coming up to nibble something off the surface, probably the reason the crocodiles have such an easy time of it here." He watched as another one poked it's mouth out of the water, skimming something off the top and ducking back down again. Azure's paw flashed after it, but hit only the water as his strike was too slow. "If we can anticipate them, we might be able to get lucky."

The agitated surface of the water smoothed as his paw retreated, and he crouched low at the pond's edge to peer closer. Another fish was rising to the surface and Az reminded himself that it was timing he needed, not strength. Lifting his paw slowly to prepare, he waited until the fish was nearly in position and struck - his mutated claws curving in beneath the gills and easily hoisting the creature out from the water. It flopped wildly and nearly disconnected itself from his grip, forcing Azure to toss it aside back onto the ground. "I guess these are good for something." He commented, turning over his mutated paw.

"Speech"

Jynn

Tojo-kai
Taicho

Master Navigator (240)

Master Fighter (300)

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
lunarcat7

09-25-2022, 09:41 AM

Jynn craned her neck to look into the deeper area of the pool. Well crap. There was no good way to block that escape route off. She listened as Azure spoke, watching as he just missed one. She nodded. "Yea, sounds good to me." Jynn scooted closer to the water, carefully sliding in up to her elbows to enable her to get closer to a fish for she didn't have the help of large, clawed paws. One of the fish got close and just as its head raised up to snag a minnow her head dove down, jaws latching onto it by the gills. Immediately she was taken for a ride as the fish flipped and twisted, pulling her deeper. Jynn was just able to twist herself around and put the fish on the shallow end where it slammed its body into the rock below it, trying to get away. Blood pooled around her but soon the persistent canine had the fish on shore. She released it and stretched her jaw, wincing as it clicked. "Oof, yea, what I wouldn't give for a pair of those!"