An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Shelby

Samhain 2022Statue 2 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Ooh La LaPride - Bisexual
09-11-2022, 08:13 PM

The lands that had once been claimed by Abaven were mostly a mystery to her even though they were just beyond her doorstep. Now that the former pack's scent was well and gone she decided to take a moment to delve into it and see what she could find—if anything. It very much appeared to be just a wild thicket of trees and undergrowth, but perhaps something more interesting and exciting was hiding beyond all of that. She certainly hadn't expected to find the winding system of caves and the bountiful lake she had found on her own island or the cellar of odd supplies that Ricin had discovered out in the rock garden. Unexpected things were tucked away in the most unassuming of places.

She had to maneuver a bit to make her way through the thicket, climbing over fallen logs and thick tangles of plant life. Temno flew ahead up above the trees, the raven circling and keeping an eye on anything that might be lurking in the shadowed corners of the thicket while she was focused on keeping some sort of memorable path. The birds in the trees around her were the only source of sound that she could pick up on though—at least it was until a call from her companion caught her attention and alerted her to someone in her path up ahead.

Her ears perked with interest and she lifted her head to peek through the trees. She spotted a clearing up ahead, but didn't see anyone else right away. She was beginning to wonder if maybe Temno had made a mistake, but in all the time the raven had been by her side he had never made a mistake so that felt doubtful. Moving forward, she managed to get to the clearing and sighed softly as she shook out her violet coat and stretched a bit now that she wasn't caught up in the mess of plant lift. It wasn't until the turned to look around a bit that she spotted the small wolf that was on the opposite side of the clearing, seemingly interrupted from gathering herbs from a cluster of plants that had popped up in the patch of sunlight.

She may not have paid the far smaller male any mind if it hadn't been for the extremely unusual and eye catching addition to his appearance. She blinked with surprise as she took in the ivory, brown, and orange patterned male that had similarly colored wings sprouting from his back, almost reminding her of some kind of sparrow or other song bird with his size and more light coloration. "Well... You're certainly not what I was expecting to find," she said with a chuckle as she got a bit closer to him, looking him over with rapt fascination. "I'm Manea. Who might you be?"

Manea | Temno | Ciemny

Gavroche

Somnium

gems
size
Toy size
build
Light
player

Samhain 2022Statue 4 WorshipChristmas 2019Treat 2019
09-19-2022, 06:47 PM

The grasses of this territory were tall, almost reaching over his head. It made traversing the area a bit on the difficult side but after he’d found this clearing and the patch of herbs that was growing in the area. The patch had some motherwort and yarrow most noticeably, and given that his mate was pregnant, due to give birth around the middle of the season, the winged male wanted to harvest some of the motherworts particularly to help her with it. Bellamy was a strong and capable woman, even now wandering the lands of Boreas to get a feel for where they might be able to make a home… and he had little doubt she would fight for a home for them. He had to do what he could to be prepared for her return. Not that he could be gone all that long… with Menagerie falling he still needed to care for Saga. Currently, his companions were home with her but, given their size, they could only do so much.

He had managed to dig up a good bit of the motherwort and had moved the herbs to his bag before taking a break. He was breathing a bit hard, having had to work a bit harder to sort through the herbs to get the motherwort out. It would be worth it though if it helped his mate at all. Gavroche sat back, catching his breath when the sound of someone approaching caught his attention. His ear flicked in the direction of the stranger and his head followed suit a moment later to gaze upon a purple-furred woman who looked as though she had been plucked from the galaxies above themselves. Spiked ridged mutations grew from her skull as well, a unique feature that Gavroche couldn’t help but notice.

“Oh uh, hello…” She seemed to be intrigued by him, something that Gavroche was still getting used to after all these years. At least in Boreas folks were either fascinated with his wings or weren’t bothered by them at all. “It’s nice to meet you, Manea. My name is Gavroche.” He let out a soft chuckle as he continued. “I wouldn’t get too excited about meeting me, though. I might look unique, especially being one of only two wolves I know with wings, but I’m afraid they are not suitable for flight. I believe that even with a lighter build a wolf is simply too heavy to achieve it, unfortunately.” Gavroche shifted a little, stretching out his wings some before letting them settle back into place on his back.

“If I might be so bold to ask, miss Manea, what brings you out to the thicket?”

"Speech" 'Thought.'

Manea

Elysium
Advisor

Expert Fighter (204)

Master Hunter (260)

An icon representing the specialty Defender Defender

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Shelby

Samhain 2022Statue 2 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Ooh La LaPride - Bisexual
09-30-2022, 01:04 PM

Manea had encountered all sorts of various mutations and gifts in her time—there was certainly no shortage of them within her family line—but wings on a wolf was certainly something entirely new to her. It seemed that the small male that introduced himself at Gavroche picked up on that fact immediately since as soon as he finished introducing himself he gave her an explanation about how the wings were in fact nonfunctional. She certainly didn't hide her fascination with them as her aqua gaze roamed over the earth-toned collection of features that covered his sides so she wasn't surprised that he noticed, but she was pleased that he didn't take offense to it. She had always been more than happy to show off her own differences and while he didn't seem to take quite the same pride in them as she did he was still more understanding of her interest than some others might have been.

Her ears perked and her brows lifted with interest when she caught the fact that he was one of two wolves this wings like his. She was surprised by the existence of one, but even more intrigued that there were two. It made her wonder where this second wolf was and how their wings compared and if there were even more like them somewhere out in the world... It was a whole range of possibilities that she couldn't help but think about. She chuckled as he finished his explanation of the limitations his wings had, watching them shift and move at his sides before bringing her aqua gaze back to his emerald eyes with a slight grin. "Well, flightless or not, they are still beautiful and fascinating. It is certainly a pleasure to meet you, Gavroche." She wanted to ask if he knew where the second winged wolf currently resided, but he held off for now. She was genuinely curious in him and getting to know more about him as well and she didn't want to seem as though she was so singularly minded to only focus on his physical traits.

He continued the conversation himself, asking what brought her out into the thicket. "I'm on a bit of a scouting mission of sorts. I haven't had a chance to explore this land just yet since it was claimed by another pack until recently so now that it's free land I wanted to come take a look," she explained easily, feeling no reason to hide her real intentions from the seemingly polite and kind male. "I lead a pack that is just at the edge of this thicket," she added, pointing off toward where the thicket faded into the land that surrounded the nearby lake. "I like to know what sorts of lands surround my own and what resources they hold so my members can take advantage of them if need be." That was when she noticed the dirt on his paws and the places near him where some plants had clearly been dug up. "It appears you are already making use of this dense plant life. Anything interesting around here I can tell my healer about?"

Manea | Temno | Ciemny

Gavroche

Somnium

gems
size
Toy size
build
Light
player

Samhain 2022Statue 4 WorshipChristmas 2019Treat 2019
10-16-2022, 03:05 PM
The purple woman before him was kind. Her remarks about his wings were appreciated, especially given how uncommon they were. Gavroche fluffed those multicolored wings a little in response. Knowing someone other than his mate and child found them so fascinating was a wonderful feeling. Manea went on to say she was scouting the lands, lands once claimed by a pack. Gavroche had not been aware of that. He drew in a breath and nodded. "Sometimes you need to take a chance and do something while there is time to do so."

Menea also revealed she ran a pack at the edge of the thicket; another thing the winged male had been unaware of. How many packs resided in Boreas, he wondered? "It's good you're scoping it out for resources for your pack. Resources should never be overlooked. Gavroche turned his green gaze toward the plants he'd been digging up at her next comment with a warm smile on his maw.

"Yes… I'm sure there are even more plants here but yarrow and motherwort was the most noticeable. My mate is pregnant and motherwort does wonders for her pains." Her green gaze flicked back to the purple woman.

"You know… my mate intends to claim a pack in the near future. I'm sure once we're settled my mate will be coming around to establish pack relations." He frowned a little and furrowed his brow. "Have you had your pack for a long time? Or are you one of the newer ones?"

Gavroche has one companion - a pygmy marmoset. Unless otherwise mentioned IC, assume that he is close by.

As his mate and alpha, Bellamy is allowed in any of Gavroche's threads regardless of how they are marked.