Small
build
Light
player
ghostliem

Samhain 2022Derby Winner1KPride - BisexualDouble MasterAll Oozed Out
The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Wordy
09-15-2022, 06:55 AM

A lot had been going on in Boreas. More excitement than she had been expecting. After Corbie had won against Kotori for Abaven's spot, she had left with Artorias' blessing to join a different pack that had just formed - Menagerie. Audra had had hopes for the guild pack led by Wren. The other woman had promise, strength, leadership skills, and faith in others to do well. What had happened in the middle of the night during the Summer Festival had been a tragedy. While she slept soundly with her companion, Mack, others had been getting dragged away through trails of blood. The scene had been horrific and traumatizing.

Still feeling terrible for abandoning Zoey, Audra knew that she needed to head back to Hallows alone. She needed her privacy to cry for how much of a whirlwind her life had been. All the way down from northern Boreas, Audra cried. Half-leaning on Mack during their run back to Auster, she let the tears flow from her one good eye. Regret and mourning slammed into her chest with each breath. If she had just been able to make a dent in Avantika's psyche and helped her ex just a little bit more, she would have never had a reason to want to leave the Hallows.

Except, that's how life went. The petite woman had needed to make her own mistakes, live her own life, and stand up for herself. No wallowing, no being taken advantage of, no being timid and fearful. She wasn't that anymore. Audra was stronger mentally now than she ever had been. While she could have gone off to Avalon or Armada or whichever other pack she wanted to start a new life with, she had made a promise to Artorias. So she ran as fast as she could until her bones ached and every muscle was strained in her body.

Faster than the average wolf thanks to her mutations, Aura made it to the Hallows in record time. Crossing the Bifrost without a second look back at Boreas, inhaling the scent of the ocean breeze, and keeping the wildberry grove a blur of greens and reds as she made her way to the castle. Oh, she had missed it. What she was surprised to see as she exited the grove and began through the plain was a fresh coating of snow. Pressing close against Mack, Audra never thought it would snow this soon in Auster. "Maybe we can build a snowman," she whispered with a smile to Mack as they finished crossing the plains and headed up to the castle steps.

Standing outside the wall, unsure if she would be welcomed in so soon, Audra let out a howl. One that she was sure Artorias wouldn't be expecting but also one he knew well by now. A mixture of emotions welled up inside her as she shifted her weight. Happiness and excitement to return to the place where she felt comfort and safety. Anxiety about when she would first lay eyes on Avantika again. Sadness for those lost up north. Beside her, Mack would move away and head back toward the plains for something to eat. He would not be needed in the interaction to come as Audra knew the castle well enough.

A U D R A

audra's companions are to be assumed next to her unless stated otherwise

Artorias

"I will shield you from the darkness"

The Hallows
Lord of Cinder

Master Fighter (877)

Master Navigator (1030)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

An icon representing the specialty Fleet-footed Fleet-footed

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

Samhain 2022Running on EmptyRapid Poster - SilverBest BudsSocialiteOverachiever
Auster ExplorerPride - BisexualFestival OrganizerDream WeaverLoserGlobetrotter
UnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyWealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
Critical Dodge!Ooh La LaLegendaryExplorerWordyIce Bridge Explorer
WinnerVengeanceSnake EyesDouble MasterMammoth HunterCritical Hit!
09-15-2022, 11:49 PM

The cold winds of winter gusted gently about Auster as a light flurry of snow drifted down from the heavy gray clouds that obscured the blue skies above. Inside the Hallows castle, it was warm and quiet, every room lit with the gentle glow of firelight to chase away the chill. Artorias was tending to the grand hearth in the great hall, feeding the fire with fresh timber to keep it burning bright and hot and welcoming to all. With this winter shaping up to be atypically cold and snowy, the Aegis wanted to ensure the castle was always a beacon of shelter and respite for any who might need to get out of the cold for a while. That, and he had a pregnant wife to keep comfortable too. A small smile touched his lips while he considered Briar, thoughts of their family that would soon be here filling his preoccupied mind. He would do everything in his power to ensure they were cared for every day until the day their little bundles of joy arrived, and then every day after that as well.

Artorias' solitary musings were interrupted by a familiar voice calling from the gates of the castle. Black auds perked alert atop his head, surprised amber eyes lifting with widened shock. He would have recognized that voice anywhere. Audra was here. But why? That uncertainty made the Aegis worry, and he wasted no time running out of the castle, heavy paws crunching on the fresh powdered snow while he sprinted across the gardens to the gatehouse. He half expected to find no one there—a trick of the wind making him hear things. But no, there she was. Audra stood at the gates of Castle Carpathius, shifting her weight back and forth in an excited little dance. Art froze in his tracks, staring at her in awe. That lasted for a single long moment—then Artorias was rushing up to throw his arms around Audra in a welcoming embrace. The alpha wolf could have wept with joy he was so happy to see her again after nearly two seasons, and his wagging tail betrayed his obvious joy. A warm smile pulled across Artorias' face, but that happiness was only short-lived when he noticed the fading pack scent from Audra's coat, and it brought him back to the matter at hand.

The Aegis drew back to look Audra over, first making sure that she was okay and unharmed, then checking for any signs of malnourishment or mistreatment. "Audra, what are you doing all the way down here? Is everything okay up north?" What had happened to the pack she'd gone off with? Concern overshadowed the joy in Artorias' fire-toned eyes, but his nerves were at least settled for now knowing that she was all right. "Come, let's get you inside and warmed up. Can you believe we're having snow down in Auster again, and this early in winter!" Without a moment of hesitation, Artorias gestured for Audra to enter the castle that had once and would always be a home to her, leading her back through the familiar gardenscapes and into the warmth of the bastion. He headed for the great hall and the kitchen, set on getting her settled by the fire with a hot meal after her long trek from the north. "Tell me everything. Has something happened in Menagerie?"

"Artorias" | "Carpathian" | "Corbin" | "Eira" | "Argent"

One big happy family

Artorias has two ravens named Corbin and Eira and a fox named Argent. Assume they are within calling distance at all times.
As his mate, Briar may enter Artorias' threads unless marked Private.

Audra

Somnium

Master Healer (315)

Master Navigator (495)

An icon representing the specialty Poison Master Poison Master

An icon representing the specialty Scout Scout

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
ghostliem

10-04-2022, 09:25 AM

That one golden eye with its gentle sparkle met Artorias' gaze as the navy and obsidian Aegis stared back at her. What felt like a lifetime passed between them as they stood a world apart. It was as if she were seeing a long-lost brother for the first in a century. Everything reeled and somersaulted in her mind as she couldn't forgive herself for ever leaving. This was home. Even as Artorias rushed forward and embraced her with his arms, she buried her face into his fluffy chest. A hidden smile broke out on her lips as she inhaled his familiar scent. As grateful as she was to have been allowed to leave, she was glad for a reason to return.

Another lifetime passed before he pulled away and Audra looked up to him with that beaming smile. His exclamation of astonishment was warranted and at the moment, she could only release a sigh of relief and sorrow. Life had indeed been a whirlwind of excitement and tragedy since their last meeting. "I was not expecting snow so early," she agreed in her quiet tone as she hurried inside the castle with Artorias. Following his long strides through the great hall and into the kitchen, she settled near the fire. Closing her eye as she took a long breath, preparing herself to once again doling out serious news to Artorias, she gave a light shake of her head.

"M-Menagerie has fallen," the words came as a whisper as she finally opened her eye and looked at Artorias. "There w-was a festival being held. Everything w-was going rather well until s-something attacked," Audra had to grit her teeth for a moment while she shoved the emotions back down inside. "In th-the middle of the night, Wren a-and several others were d-drug to the outskirts a-and m-murdered," the words were hard to voice as she exhaled loudly. "I-I left for Auster the f-following day," it was hard to hold back the stutter as she turned her chin to stare at the fire beside her. Wren, Torben, and all the others... How could it all have happened?

A U D R A

Artorias

The Hallows
Lord of Cinder

Master Fighter (877)

Master Navigator (1030)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

UnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyWealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
10-15-2022, 05:20 PM

A barking laugh escaped Artorias' lips when Audra admitted her surprise to see snow in Auster. "Neither were we! We've adapted though, as we always do." As soon as Audra was settling in by the grand hearth to warm her up, Artorias dismissed himself briefly to go obtain some meat and water for her, returning with the meal to present to her while they talked. No sooner had he set the plate and bowl down before her, Audra was delivering the gristly tale to him. Artorias' happy expression slowly sank from his face while the earthen-furred woman detailed what had happened at Menagerie. The pack had fallen. Wren and several others had been attacked during a festival and killed. Artorias' heart sank at the news, his visage turning dour. He hadn't known Wren very well beyond the pleasantries they'd shared at a couple public events, but he knew that Audra and Mercury had both trusted the young wolf. That gave her enough credence in his books to be considered someone good.

"Gods be good..." the Aegis muttered beneath his breath with a shake of his head. It wasn't unheard of for predators or even other wolves to attack newly formed packs to test them for vulnerabilities, but even this seemed sudden. Wasn't Menagerie supposedly allied with the Armada and virtually neighbors? How had something like this happened? Artorias needed answers, but he knew there was only one place he would be able to get any. "I'm thankful you weren't harmed," he said after a moment to assess her for any obvious signs of injury and finding none. "You know you are always welcome within these walls, Audra. Stay for as long as you please." Artorias didn't know if this would be a temporary stay until the wayward wolf recuperated and got back on her paws, or... He dared to let himself be hopeful for the alternative.

"What happened to all the others in Menagerie?" Artorias wondered about Mercury, about Sybil, and the others of the fledgling pack. If they were still up north and in need of assistance, he would need to go see if he could offer them shelter or aid. Already Artorias had made up his mind to travel the continents to see what he could do, if anything, in the wake of this disaster. Even though he didn't wish to leave his pregnant mate, knowing he could have saved some lives and chose to do nothing would plague his conscience for the rest of his days. "And... what will you do now?" Curious amber eyes moved to look to Audra, that hope that perhaps she had come home not just for respite, but to rejoin her family still clinging to his heart. He would never fault her for wanting to travel more and be on her own, nor would he ever demand her to return to them, but if she chose to stay of her own will, he would do everything in his power to make the Hallows feel more like the home she had once known.

One big happy family

Artorias has two ravens named Corbin and Eira and a fox named Argent. Assume they are within calling distance at all times.

Audra

Somnium

Master Healer (315)

Master Navigator (495)

An icon representing the specialty Poison Master Poison Master

An icon representing the specialty Scout Scout

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
ghostliem

10-24-2022, 09:20 AM

Audra's chin turned to watch the crackling flames as Artorias dismissed himself to the kitchen. During those quiet moments, she stoled ragged breaths in an attempt to calm her nerves. She had not thought she would return to the castle so soon, but something about being within the walls again brought her a feeling of safety and security. This had always been home for her. As the Aegis returned and set down the water and meat for her to enjoy and replenish herself with, she detailed to him the tragedy that she never wished to witness again.

Leaning down to take a few laps of the crisp water, she would let him mull over the words spoken. Why was it she was always the one who relished news to him? It made her curious, but she also felt as if she enjoyed being a scout of sorts. It made her feel important in a way. She could feel the roving stare of his ember gaze to ensure she indeed was safe and thanks to her company and medical skills, she had come out unscathed. Finally looking up at him as he assured her that there would always be room for her here, she smiled. Feeling the glisten of a tear once more prickling at her eye, the wave of relief that washed over her was undeniable.

"Everyone w-went their separate w-ways, but I h-had not a lot of time to get t-to know them so I d-didn't inquire," her lips turn down into a frown at the thought. She should have tried harder to befriend the rest of Menagerie, but she had been dealing with other things at the time. Maybe now she would have the chance to spend with others instead of being so shy. When his question lay out between them, her expression swiftly changed to that of a hopeful smile. While she wasn't sure what would happen to the others, she knew exactly what she wanted to have happen to her.

"If you will allow me, I would like to ask for a position within the Hallows again," Audra tried her best to sound confident and sure because that was how she felt. She trusted Artorias and his ability to lead the pack. "Being gone opened my eyes to the reality that the castle, the plains, and from what I scented, the grove," her smile grew in happiness at the idea that they were able to successfully expand the pack borders, "were always and will always be my home," she felt nervous now as she stared up at Artorias. "I shouldn't have let my relationship get in the way and I hope you can forgive me," the petite fae clammed up then, not wanting to pour out any more words. While she would always wish to find someone who loved her for who she was, she would make a life for herself here with or without that someone.

A U D R A

Artorias

The Hallows
Lord of Cinder

Master Fighter (877)

Master Navigator (1030)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

11-08-2022, 01:18 AM

Audra spoke, and Artorias listened while she recounted what befell the rest of Menagerie. Each wolf had gone their own separate ways at the outset of the pack's disbanding. He dipped his head, a subtle nod of understanding. If the pack had fallen apart and each wolf gone about their own ways, it meant he likely wouldn't be able to track them all down and make sure they were okay. He would have to settle for saving the ones he could find. Audra's response to his question of what her plan was had been exactly what he had hoped for, and though he would not permit himself to find any joy in another pack's misfortune, he was happy that Audra would be returning to them, grown and changed with her experiences out in the world. A smile slowly grew across Artorias' lips the more the earthen-hued woman described her attachment to the Hallows, the love for her homeland evident in her voice. She tried to apologize for her behavior in the wake of her relationship ending, but Artorias would hear none of it. He shook his head, fixing Audra with gentle fire-kissed eyes.

"There is nothing to forgive," he reassured his beloved wolf. Artorias once more reached a forearm for Audra, moving to pull the smaller wolf into a welcoming embrace, like welcoming a long lost sister back home. "Bine ai venit acasa. Welcome home, Audra." Artorias would release Audra after a few moments, giving her some space to breathe and relax in the warmth of the castle. He had things to tend to now, and she needed to get some rest. "Please, make yourself at home. The castle hasn't changed much since you left. Feel free to pick any vacant room as yours and get settled in. Eat, drink, recuperate. When I return, we'll see about getting you put back into a rank you feel best suits your skills." For now, Artorias needed to go see what he could salvage from the wreckage of Menagerie, and who else he could save. "In the meantime, do you need anything from me to help you get settled in?"

One big happy family