gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

UnderachieverLegendarySnake EyesLoserOoh La LaWinner
Samhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipOverachieverSocialiteCritical Observation!Critical Attack!
Ooh La LaScarredCritical Block!Dream WeaverAll Oozed OutDouble Master
Pride - BisexualThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 31KVolcanoValentines 2020
Critical Hit!Christmas 2019Trick 2019
11-05-2022, 12:49 AM

The festivities of the Samhain Festival had been interesting thus far. He'd been mostly keeping to himself, while his companions kept an eye on the kids as they either attended the festival or stayed home. The statues had been interesting in and of themselves...his foreleg bandaged now after his self-sacrifice to one of them. Although the statue didn't break his legs or curse him for life, he wasn't sure if his sacrifice would have a positive effect. He didn't feel any different than before. All he felt was...nothing. His mind was still the same. He felt empty. Still bitter. But hey, at least he had yet another wound from yet another stupid decision. He didn't know why he tried anymore. In the end, it doesn't even matter.

He wandered away from the festivities to try and clear his head. And when he realized where he was, he could already smell the scent of sulfur and molten fires from the underground. The last time he'd been here, he had gotten burned by a steam pocket. That was long ago now. As he stared into the depths and watched the faint glow of the lava that lurked beneath, he thought about what the familiars had said. The veil between the living and the dead was...thinning? He didn't know what that meant, really. But...part of him wondered if he'd end up seeing Elias or Acere...or even Eden or his missing pup...

But how would he go about even trying to see any of them? Perhaps going into a place where nobody else really went...how often did others come down here anyway? It was hot, it stunk, and it wasn't exactly the most welcoming of places. But he didn't mind it. Isolation was something he preferred pretty often. Stepping inside, the crimson wolf made his way further into the underground.

The bubbling and gurgling of the molten lava could be heard echoing in the cave, and this time, he was careful of his movements and aware of his surroundings so that he wouldn't be caught off guard by rogue steam pockets again. He walked in silence until he reached a wider part of the path that rounded out into a sort of half-circle that jutted out a little more into the molten fire. There, he paused for a moment before sitting down. He forced his mind to quiet, though he worried that his demon would interrupt at any moment to try and destroy the peace he was trying to create.

Closing his eyes, Ignis took a deep breath before exhaling. I...don't know what I'm doing, but if anyone can hear me... he didn't know who he was speaking to, or what he was trying to do, really. It was his fault that Acere was dead. His fault that his entire family prior to his current litter seemed to not want anything to do with him. He had driven them away by his actions. Did he regret it? Sure. But perhaps his remorse was overshadowed by the pride, and his demon certainly made things more difficult. "If anyone is there...I need...I don't know...something. A sign. I guess? That maybe there's still hope for me. That I'm not the monster I think I am. Acere, if you can hear me...I need you...I think..." Hesitation painted his voice. Reluctance to admit his wrongs and take responsibility for his past. For years it was them versus him. Or that's how he felt, anyway.

He wasn't sure what else to say. Wasn't sure if anyone even heard him, or could hear him. He wasn't even sure he believed what the familiars were claiming about the veil into the world of the dead. But stranger things had happened before, no? After all, the Long Nights had proven that unnatural things could happen. So why would this be any different? He had a damned demon within him, after all. And his latest litter was likely cursed, too.

"I have more kids," He abruptly began, "I've been doing my best to do right by them. But I fear they are cursed as I have been. I don't know for sure, but I have the feeling it's a strong possibility. And honestly, I don't know what I would do if they were found to be afflicted with the same curse that has plagued my bloodline for generations...Acere managed to beat it, but...I wasn't strong enough, I suppose." He sighed, feeling stupid for even speaking to...well...nobody, really. He didn't expect anyone to jump out from the other side.

Still, he closed his eyes and forced himself into silence once more. Focusing on the faces of those in his past, and those he hoped would be in his future. What did he have to lose but a few minutes of his time? If the familiars were right, then maybe...just maybe...he'd get some sort of answers.

"Ignis""Blödhgarm"

Art by Naiterion
Ignis has a pair of Sika Deer antlers that are not depicted in his artwork (yet).
Ignis is unpredictable and may become violent with little or no provocation due to his "demon" schizophrenia inherited in his bloodline! Consider this your warning!
*Ignis' tail is docked, and his left ear has been torn away and now resembles a Battle crop style.

Félicien

gems
size
build
player
11-06-2022, 06:42 PM
A wolf did hear Ignis, though it was not the relative that he sought. The monochrome brute had lived in Winterfell, however, and had known Acere, at least a bit. He had been wandering the land, back and, surprisingly, able to see the world around him once more. Perhaps outside of Somnium, he had been healed to something more akin to his younger days. Felicien welcomed being able to see the world anew, though he had not seen Avalon back in the world of the living. Had only a select few been allowed back? He couldn’t help but wonder. His gaze would pull to Ignis, and the plea he spoke. Felicien frowned, furrowing his brow. The wind around the wolf would suddenly grow cold as the spirit of Felicien moved past him towards a rat that had been skittering alongside the lava river.

The moment Felicien slipped into the little creature it stopped resisting. The eyes shifted, turning silver before he turned to glance up at Ignis. “If I were to judge you solely on past actions, Ignis, I would say you are nothing more than a monster.” His words were calmly spoken. “What you did to Acere was… was not right. But I am a firm believer that wolves can change if they really want to.” The possessed rat kept its distance from the red wolf. “That curse in your bloodline… it is completely possible your children may suffer from it, as you do.” The rat’s gaze became saddened.

“And if there are, would you disown them? Would you turn them away because of it? Or would you strive to fight it alongside them? If you don’t resist that evil within you and strive for the right thing, then there is little doubt that curse will consume you. It’s easy to let such things take over. The hard part, and the right thing, will always be something you struggle with. Will you fight it? Or will you sit by as it consumes you?” There was a scolding tone to the rat’s voice. He wasn’t fond of what he’d learned about Ignis’ misadventures, but he didn’t hate the red wolf. He wanted to see him rise up and fight the curse within him… but he feared it might already be too late for the wolf.

Ignis

"You become the monster you fear the most"

Insomnia
Hellhound

Master Fighter (635)

Master Hunter (240)

An icon representing the specialty Juggernaut Juggernaut

An icon representing the specialty Mangler Mangler

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

Samhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipOverachieverSocialiteCritical Observation!Critical Attack!
Pride - BisexualThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 31KVolcanoValentines 2020
11-06-2022, 11:55 PM
"Talk" Walk

He did not notice the rat that shuffled around nearby. Such a tiny creature, easy to miss. Though he did feel the cold air that suddenly passed him, sending a shiver through his body. His ears folded back in confusion as he ruffled his fur. It was usually hot as hell down here, so he found it strange that it had suddenly felt cold for a moment or two. “If I were to judge you solely on past actions, Ignis, I would say you are nothing more than a monster.” He jumped in surprise, the crimson male looking around wildly as he searched for the voice. It was completely unexpected of course, and he hadn't heard nor seen anyone follow him down here.

“What you did to Acere was… was not right. But I am a firm believer that wolves can change if they really want to.” It took him a few heartbeats of searching around him until he realized the voice was coming from...a rat? He glanced down, finding the little creature several feet away, keeping its distance as was probably wise of it to do. The voice sounded...vaguely familiar, but he couldn't pinpoint who it was. It definitely wasn't his uncle, or either of his parents or anyone else he really recognized. But this...creature...knew about him. Knew about Acere. Knew who he truly was.

The rat continued to speak, scolding him, it seemed. Ignis frowned, ears remaining folded back as he quietly listened. This was...strange. How the hell did this rat know so much? "You don't know what you're talking about, rat. I've tried to change. I was a good kid until...well...I'm not sure...maybe I never was a good kid..." Truth be told, he couldn't really remember when exactly he had begun to shift into this dark version of himself. What happened to the innocent kid he used to be?

"I...agree...about what I did to my uncle. And I do regret doing what I did...I destroyed someone who had fought tooth and nail to get where he was and I tore down everything he had built, and I pretty much spat on it..." What he had done to Acere and his legacy was a complete disgrace. He knew that. And yet, this creature would likely be the only one to ever hear that admission.

"I...would do what I could to protect them from the demons should they become plagued because of me. The sins of my ancestors...they were many. I'm sure the demons are strong...at least from what I've seen...but I would not abandon my children nor leave them to suffer on their own." No, he would try to do right by them. Unlike his first litter whom he had failed.

Then a question of his own arose, and he wanted to know why he was suddenly talking so much to a rat. "Who are you, and how do you know so much? How do you know about Acere and I?" Coincidence, maybe?
Ignis has a pair of Sika Deer antlers that are not depicted in his artwork (yet).
Ignis is unpredictable and may become violent with little or no provocation due to his "demon" schizophrenia inherited in his bloodline! Consider this your warning!
*Ignis' tail is docked, and his left ear has been torn away and now resembles a Battle crop style.

Félicien

gems
size
build
player
11-07-2022, 12:29 AM
"I may not know everything, but I know enough." Felicien's tone softened. "You were a good kid… but you lost yourself along the way." That wasn't uncommon. Many wolves would start as kindhearted and sweet but a cruel world shaped them. Felicien did not place blame solely on Ignis, despite how he spoke to the younger, red wolf. There was a confession from his lips and the silver eyes shown with sadness. "You see that now. It is the first step on a hard road to recovering what good is left in you."

He then listened to Ignis speak of his children. He would protect them, as any wolf would expect of a parent. "Stand by that, Ignis, and help them. If those demons rise up you must all fight them together. There is strength in unity." The rat told him, his tone shifting to a more fatherly tone. He wanted to see the red wolf succeed and find peace.

Then there came a question directed at him. Felicien dipped his snout to Ignis. "I was an old wolf who joined Winterfell under Acere's rule. Felicien Desrosiers, Avalon's mate." The rat shifted a little. "I want to see you and your children find the right path, Ignis. I believe you can do it."

Ignis

"You become the monster you fear the most"

Insomnia
Hellhound

Master Fighter (635)

Master Hunter (240)

An icon representing the specialty Juggernaut Juggernaut

An icon representing the specialty Mangler Mangler

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

11-11-2022, 07:55 PM
"Talk" Walk

The rat's tone softened after Ignis admitted his fault and regret, and the crimson wolf fell silent. He didn't know how this rat knew anything about him...perhaps the little creature had lived around the pines at the time, or maybe it was once someone's companion when Winterfell once stood...he wasn't sure. At least, not until the rodent told him he was once a member of Winterfell when Acere led. Felicien...that name was vaguely familiar, but Ignis wasn't wholly familiar with the male. One of the elders, he was sure. He did vaguely remember Avalon and her mate, their latest litter witnesses to his crimes before the pack disbanded.

He had no idea how he was speaking to him through another creature, and the idea of it bewildered him, but it was quickly overshadowed as he thought about Feli's words. Maybe one day he'd be forgiven if he tried to do right...but how would he even go about doing that? He'd fallen too far into the pits, he was sure. His pups sure to follow soon enough if he didn't get his shit together. But the Demon made it hard to stay on the right path..."As much as I want to believe you...my ill mind makes it difficult. I don't know how Acere overcame his demons...but I wish now more than ever that he was here...still...alive...still breathing..." He sat back, a heavy sigh leaving him. "Do you see him where you are? I know our blood is cursed...but I must admit, I do hope he's somewhere other than Hell."

Félicien

gems
size
build
player
11-22-2022, 06:29 PM
Felicien’s gaze softened as he watched the red wolf. “No one said that your path would be easy, Ignis. It will be hard, very hard, but if you want better for yourself and for your children, is it not worth that fight?” Letting his demon win was an option, but Felicien wanted to believe that Ignis didn’t really want that. That he wanted better, especially for his kids. “I wish I had the answers for you, Ignis, I truly do. But I am not Acere. Although…” Using the vessel he had chosen to inhabit, Felicien drew closer. “I can tell you this. Acere walks in Somnium, same as myself, or Avalon.” He furrowed his brow. “I saw him at that feast the familiars had set out… but he may have gone elsewhere, perhaps returning to where he once reigned in the frozen Northern lands.” Felicien glanced down at his paws, then up at Ignis. “Fight your demon, Ignis, the best that you can. If you give in, no one will be able to fight with you, let alone for you.”