Just be sure to wear your best, we will surely make the covers

Corbie

Sanctus

gems
size
build
player
09-19-2022, 07:06 PM

The man had left the life he had grown up in behind, unsure if his brother would actually choose to follow him on a more peaceful path than what they had known in their first year. The man was hoping to find a pack, a home to call his own, and a place to plant his roots. He was tired of being a merc for hire… it was a life that had never really suited him. He was small, not that it had stopped him from learning to fight or even enjoying it on occasion, but for the most part, he wanted a simpler life. That was exactly what he was hoping to find when he came to Boreas.

Sans had gone south instinctively, searching for the borders of a pack. When he eventually found them he noticed something else too… the scent of prey. Not like something had been slain, no, but almost like there were a lot of the animals being kept somewhere beyond the borders. Could this pack be interested in farming? Had he found a potential home so easily? Sanctus quirked a brow curiously, wondering what more he might find out about the pack and its alpha.

He tilted his head back, calling for the alpha of the lands. They would be able to tell him more.

"Talk," 'Think.'

Corbie

Avalon
Alpha

Master Hunter (270)

Expert Intellectual (215)

An icon representing the specialty Beast Master Beast Master

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Tealah

Samhain 2022Statue 5 Worship
09-20-2022, 12:00 AM
Another call from the border sounded as Corbie was patrolling the sheep pasture for damage or predator sign. A curious visitor? A potential member? Either way, she was quick to peel away from her patrol and move to answer. A male waited there at the border. As she approached Corbie took stock of him. Smaller, lighter, and younger, he was similar in color scheme to her, though his darkest shadows were lighter than hers and his eyes were more spring green than her own mint. He was scruffy and it gave him a rather disreputable air, but appearances were misleading at best. Corbie offered the stranger a smile. "Hello," she said to him. "I am Corbie, alpha of Avalon. What can I do for you?"
unless otherwise stated, Corbie's kinkajou companion is with her at all times

Sanctus

gems
size
build
player
09-20-2022, 07:30 AM

The man would wait, not that there was much else choice if he wanted to learn about the pack whose borders he'd come across. He knew he didn't look like much… his scruffy appearance could be linked to unsavory types… but the man knew himself. He did not seek to cause trouble here. If the pack interested him enough, in fact, he wanted to join it after all. The idea of trouble was the furthest from his mind. He would not be waiting long though as a woman, bathed in ashen white and charcoal, approached him. By how she carries herself he can only assume she is the alpha.

An introduction a few heartbeats later confirms it. He returns Corbie's smile with a tip of his head and one of his own. "Greetings, alpha Corbie. I hope that the day finds you well." His polite speech was as opposite of his appearance, more refined, speaking of someone that had a proper upbringing. He might have looked rough but he was of sound mind and righteous heart. "This pack you call Avalon, would you mind telling me about it? I could not help but notice an increased concentration of prey levels across it's borders… you wouldn't happen to dabble in herding, would you?"

There was a spark to his eyes as he added, "I'm hoping to find myself a home. It would be good if I happened upon an ideal place from the get go."

"Talk," 'Think.'

Corbie

Avalon
Alpha

Master Hunter (270)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Tealah

10-11-2022, 12:36 AM
The male answered her with impeccable manners, and she smiled to him. "Very well, thank you. And yourself?"

It seemed he was in search of a home, and inquired about the scents he smelled over the border. "Yes, we do keep sheep and a few other prey animals for wool and meat. Avalon's focus is on farming and farm products rather than battle, though we do have guardians to protect the village and the flocks from danger. We seek to provide a safe haven for everyone to live, to learn and grow, regardless of what their talents lie in." She cocked her head slightly and asked, "What is it that you are looking for in a home?"

Sanctus

gems
size
build
player
10-18-2022, 02:43 PM
Sanctus tipped his head. "Better now that I am at the borders of what seems to be a friendly pack, miss Corbie." He told her. The man would quiet and listen to the alpha as he looked over the border. Prey animals, creatures for wool and meat."A place focusing on honest and hard work was exactly what I was looking for in a home." Sanctus returned his gaze to her. "I was trained as a mercenary alongside my brother. I might not look like much of a fighter but I can." He sighed softly

"But bloodying the soil is not the sort of life I wish to lead. I would be honored if you would take me in as a rancher of your pack and, should need ever arise, you can count on me to defend the critters and the rest of Avalon from the wicked that might want to do them harm." Sans offered a smile. "I trust you to give me a fair rank. Name's Sanctus by the way. Sanctus Bellator. But I'd thank you kindly if you just called me Sans."

Corbie

Avalon
Alpha

Master Hunter (270)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Tealah

10-24-2022, 03:23 PM
The male was well-spoken far beyond what his appearance suggested, a fact that Corbie appreciated as much for the reminder not to judge a book by its cover as for its own sake. He described his experience as a fighter, and his desire to not spend his life spilling blood. Corbie nodded in respect. She too, though able to fight and willing at need, had no wish to use that skill when she did not have to. "We will be glad to have you with us, Sans." She tilted her head thoughtfully, and added, "I'd number you among the hunters, and set you to work with the stock rather than forestry if that's your preference." The skills were similar enough between those who worked with and butchered livestock, and those who tracked and killed game that the two were considered the same rank in the pack.

Sanctus

gems
size
build
player
10-29-2022, 12:13 AM

Sanctus was glad that Corbie seemed to understand where he was coming from. He had lived enough of his life following a path of bloodshed and now that he had a choice he would much rather take a more peaceful approach to life, well, life willing that was. “Thank you kindly, miss Corbie. That would suit me just fine.” Sans felt excited to get to know the animals he would be helping to raise. “Do the animals have any sort of shelters as of yet? Keeping prey animals is all well and good, but making sure they are protected from the elements can be just as important.” Sanctus chuckled. “Just tell me which set of critters to work with and I’ll get started real quick like.” He seemed eager to get to work being productive.

"Talk," 'Think.'

Corbie

Avalon
Alpha

Master Hunter (270)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Tealah

11-14-2022, 04:21 PM
Corbie grinned at his eagerness. She herself was always eager to talk shop, so it took little provocation for her to talk about the pack's livestock. "We've been mostly utilizing the barn for shelter right now while we work on repairing fences. Fireside had some infrastructure for their own stock back when this was their land, but the lack of maintenance since they disbanded has not done the structures any good. We've had to start from scratch in many cases. I've plans to build roofed, open sided shelters out in the pastures with hide sides that can be rolled up or down if necessary, and smaller shelters where the herd watches can get a good view all around, but we've only gotten some work on that done so far." There were just too few paws to go around yet, and do the harvesting and crafting and general every day care of a pack. She was glad to have another knowledgeable wolf to help.

Sanctus

gems
size
build
player
11-22-2022, 07:48 PM

Ahh, a barn eh? Sanctus was familiar with the type of structure, even if he hadn’t yet seen the one that was in Avalon’s lands. The man gave a thoughtful nod, listening to Corbie explain the goings on. The barn was the main shelter for their livestock right now while they worked on fencing. Apparently, another pack had something of the sort when they lived here, but with the pack gone the fences and whatnot had suffered, and he wasn’t surprised to hear that many of the projects had needed work to start from scratch. Well, that gave him somewhere to start. He could also picture the open-sided shelters that Corbie spoke about for the pastures. That would give the herds somewhere to rest when the weather was poor.

“Seems we’ve got some work cut out fer us. Nothin’ too bad, though. I’ll git to tinkerin’ on some fence stuff and the like once I’ve settled for a spell.” There would also be the matter of meeting his packmates, few as their number might be. That just gave little excuse not to get to know them all. Sans doubted he’d rest long. He was eager to get to work on the projects Corbie mentioned, and maybe he’d be able to wrangle up some help as well. No doubt the alpha would have her own things to tend to.

“If’n ya will excuse me fer a moment, miss Corbie, I’mma go find me a place to lay my head, and then see where I kin gets started.” He tipped his head to the alpha, welcoming her to walk with him while they made their way deeper into the range. Either way, Sans was grateful to have a home now, and with minimal headache, thankfully.

"Talk," 'Think.'