Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
WordySilver Medal 2020Critical Hit!Critical Fail!Trick 2019Promptober 2019
12-12-2022, 04:51 PM
Time and space would only get the Warlord so far, before the desperate need to do something over took him. He and the children had let the first wave of shock pass in the safety net of the Armada. But they couldn't impose on Briar and Artorias forever. It was time they went home. The Warlord went first, to clear the way and to settle things with Azure.

He howled for his son as he arrived at the border. crossing over into the woods. If his eyes were a little red after the long, solo journey, his companions made no mention of it.

He settled in to wait by a large oak, taking in the familiar scents of the Armada and considered a few things. He was not certain he wished to love back into their den. The last time he had been there Zee had been alive.

Azure

"Break what can be broken"

Loner

Master Fighter (935)

Master Hunter (555)

An icon representing the specialty Saboteur Saboteur

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022GlobetrotterStatue 2 WorshipOverachieverIsland HopperSmall Fries
TrapperRunning on EmptySocialiteBest BudsRapid Poster - GoldSouthern Explorer
WealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! WinnerBy the skin of my teethAll Oozed OutThe Ooze Participant
The Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyOoh La LaVengeanceCritical Observation!Underachiever
ScarredCritical Fail!ExplorerIce Bridge ExplorerWordyLoser
Snake EyesDouble MasterLegendaryCritical Hit!1K
12-12-2022, 04:58 PM

The howl of summons was one familiar yet heart wrenching, forcing Azure to pause and center himself before striding through the woods to answer the call. His father had been gone, resting and healing in the Hallows with his youngest batch of brothers and sisters. Azure had been here, grieving in silence and solitude on the backs of a disappointing raid loss and continual harassment of the pirates to the south. Keeping busy helped to keep the pain at bay and so the new Warlord did his best to remain busy at all times. That pain resurfaced now, facing his grieving father and seeing the agony in the ageing man's eyes.

Azure slowed as he came near though his paws did not seek to stop. They brought him forward toward his father, his neck arching and head coming up over Seer's own. Offering him a wordless embrace.

"Speech"

Both of Azure's ears have notches and tears.
Az has a scar across his right eye, a mirror image of his natural born marking.
Azure has saber fangs, bone spurs on his elbows and knees, and the paws/forelimbs of a bear.
Not all of these features are always reflected in his art.

Azure's companions are a very big bat and a young clouded leopard, unless otherwise stated assume they're not with him.

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
12-12-2022, 05:19 PM
Sirius was struck startled as his giant son leaned his head against the Warlords neck. The unexpected gesture was almost his undoing, as he drew in a ragged breath that worked to stop any other sounds of pain. He could not remember a time his son had made the first move in an embrace, and he leaned his head on Azures neck and closed his eyes. Realizing in that moment how much he had missed the steady presence of his son. "I should have come sooner." He said, his voice a little choked, before he cleared it and straightened, rubbing any hint from his eyes before looking at Azure. Pushing aside the weakness for practicality. Anything less and he knew he would fall apart. The unexpected kindness from his stoic child had hit him harder then any other.

"Its time I brought your siblings back, and we go things moving. There is much to do, and we need a united front to show to the pack. They've slacked, as shown by the raid." He said shoving the conversation in the right direction. "I see no need to usurp you, you make me proud as the Alpha you are. A propose instead a partnership, equal voices." He was uncertain if he would hit resistance with his son here. Leadership had suited him well would he be lothe to share?

Azure

Loner

Master Fighter (935)

Master Hunter (555)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

WealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! WinnerBy the skin of my teethAll Oozed OutThe Ooze Participant
The Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyOoh La LaVengeanceCritical Observation!Underachiever
12-12-2022, 09:34 PM

Azure offered his father his comfort for as long as the man would accept it, stepping back as Seer cleared his throat and regained his composure and easily slipping back into a more professional mindset as the conversation was moved along. That worked fine for him, Az didn't handle his grief so much as push it aside as well. Folding his haunches he took a seat before his father, hearing what Seer had to say and giving a thoughtful nod. In truth, Az did not want to give up the reins. The Armada was finally his, to lead and to one day share with his heir just as Sirius had. Though grief was heavy to hold, and from what he had heard of the last time Sirius had struggled through it, the titanic warrior might need this. If it would help his family to mend and his father's heart to heal, Azure could reluctantly let slip away at least a little of what he had earned.

"I have always just been holding the position for you." Azure spoke softly. There was truth in his words - he'd not won a leadership challenge like he'd always planned when he was a younger man. Sirius had given him the position, selfishly hoarding it when it had been a gift to begin with would be a show of weakness. Evidence that he did not believe he might not be able to win it back should he want it. His lip pulled up briefly in a sad crooked grin. "Though I would not say no to a more equal split of power."

"Speech"

Azure has saber fangs, bone spurs on his elbows and knees, and the paws/forelimbs of a bear.

Azure's companions are a very big bat and a young clouded leopard, unless otherwise stated assume they're not with him.

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

12-12-2022, 09:55 PM

The words Azure gave him spoke of so much growth, that the weary Alpha found himself looking at his son more closely. He knew how much Azure had desired leadership. He had feared for a time that the boy would not be well suited to the role, but Azure had proven himself. Time, and time again. He was dedicated, and determined, and he put in the work. He fought and bleed for his pack, and he found room for Azure when the Warlord looked to come home.

“Equals.” He said briskly. “Free reign from each of us to make our own choices, and trust that we can lean on each other if those choices go awry. I trust you by my side, Azure” he said. “I will need to return the Hallows and prepare the kids for the journey. Is there anything… anything you would like to know about her passing, before I go?” He said, raw emotion in his voice that he failed to hide. He refused to speak of Zee to the children, but Azure had earned some answers, if he sought them.

"Speech"

Art by Salt

Azure

Loner

Master Fighter (935)

Master Hunter (555)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

12-12-2022, 11:07 PM

Sirius' offer was generous and Azure simply dipped his head low, accepting the terms. He'd give back the title to his father and one day he would earn it for real. When Basilisk was old enough and ready to step up beside him. "Equals then." He agreed briskly. If nothing else, it would be good to have the experienced warrior back to tutor those of the Armada who needed it, especially after their poor showing in the raid.

When Sirius continued, offering Azure answers... the man's ears pulled back, his throat tightening. Did he want to know anything? His lips pursed, a small shake of his head giving his answer. "Knowledge won't bring her back." Az stated. If these answers would not do that for him, he had no need of them at all.

At the mention of his newest litter, Az remembered news of his own. "Oh. Aris had kids." He mentioned, an afterthought.

"Speech"