size
Large
build
Light
player
Lin

12-16-2022, 01:09 PM
Unbreakable Survivor

The youth had, more often than not, been away from the pack territory. Living on her own since puphood had caused the youth to be more self-reliant than most her age. However, she never wandered too far. Cian had been far enough from the crowded areas of the pack, but close enough that should her Empress call for the pack, the youth could still hear her summons. When she was in Ashen packland she kept to the newest area the empire had claimed, the Rio Grande. She enjoyed walking along the riverside, fishing, and imagining what potential this new land held.

The call rose like a beacon to the Adhil youth. Mist touched auds perked as her darker head swiveled towards her Empress’s summons. Slender limbs carried her towards the Shrine. It’s glowing pool’s eerie light shifted the hues of her earthen pelt as she passed. She always thought the pool odd. It’s runes, and more notably, the water’s glow made Ciannait’s fur prickle with curiosity. She wondered what rituals were held here in the past, and if there truly were gods that walked the land.

Upon her arrival to the meeting, Ciannait noticed that she was probably one of the last to trickle in. The striped youth didn’t much care to be late, but she also noticed the proceedings hadn’t yet began. Turquoise lenses spotted several recognizable figures, most she found pleasant to be around, but there were a few she felt the opposite. Cian decided to settle next to no one in particular, a yearling of grey and blacks, her eyes violet and teal who seemed to be excited for this meeting. The dark faced youth nodded to the younger yearling and smiled a greeting before turning her attention to the Empress at the head of the gathering pack.

OOC || —

”Speaking”
Thinking

Venom

Loner

Master Fighter (275)

Master Intellectual (279)

An icon representing the specialty Bulwark Bulwark

An icon representing the specialty Bard Bard

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
KatG6

TeacherIsland HopperSamhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipSocialiteBest Buds
HomebodyWinnerAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
VengeanceOverachieverOoh La LaWealthyMammoth HunterFestival Organizer
ExplorerIce Bridge ExplorerBeeventLegendaryWordySnake Eyes
Double MasterHalloween 2020 - Witches HutGold Medal 2020Valentines 2020Dream WeaverVolcano
Critical Hit!Christmas 2019Trick 2019Costume Contest 2019Promptober 2019
12-16-2022, 03:58 PM
Venom led the way to the shrine, Maverick as always a supportive pillar at her side. She gave him a loving grin as he placed a paw over hers. The affection and support was all that she needed from him as she lifted her head and called for the pack. Swiftly her wolves gathered around her, family and friends alike. She returned the nods of greeting, from Incubus as he followed Shuriken. To the proud smile that she offered Seere as she pranced jovially before her. A nod and smile to Banshee and Verity as Plague’s family began gathering around her. Kitsune, Pontifex, and Plague all earned a nod of greeting as they arrived and made themselves comfortable. She wondered slightly how Pont might react to everything she had to say. Remus, Pleione, and the rest of Plague’s brood arrived without incident. Spirit and Ciannait rounded out the last to arrive.

She knew that Gloom would not be here today, but she wouldn’t be missing anything but getting a real rank. What she did worry about was her missing son. Venom just hoped that Take was out visiting his brother. Hopefully he would find her soon.

"Good evening, everyone. Thank you for coming. I won’t dally with small talk, as there is much to discuss tonight.” She started easily enough, her sunset gaze flickering to each member of the pack. "Firstly,” she looked to Maverick, "Maverick has asked me to marry him, and I’ve said yes.” She announced with a smile, but it only grew as she went on. "Secondly, we’re expecting a new litter of puppies.” Her heart soared as she said it, her gaze unable to be torn from Mav, but she was curious to take in the reactions.

"Because of that news, I need to specifically address our Apprentices.” She looked to the young and new members of Ashen. "Most of you have developed your skills far beyond the bounds of your apprenticeships. I need you now more than ever, and would like to welcome you into the next rank if your choice without the traditional challenge. Let me know if you would prefer to be Ashigaru, Genein, Scout, or Herbalist.” She offered them easily. "If you would prefer more of a leadership role, you are welcome to issue your challenge for that after the meeting.” She offered them all generously.

"Kitsune and Seere.” She finished speaking to the apprentices and looked to her daughter and niece. "Both of you have shown strong devotion to your family and your pack, I’ve come to trust you implicitly. I’d like to offer you both the rank of Daimyo.” Venom spoke seriously, but proudly. She would be honored to invite them to the highest rank Ashen could offer.

"The next topics may be… unexpected so I will try to explain the best that I can.” Venom paused to gather her thoughts. She was so certain until the moment came to announce her plans. "I am discarding my Abraxas name.” She began sternly, her mind completely made up on this matter. "Believe as you will, but I have come to the conclusion that the fallen god is dead She spared a glance towards Pontifex. "I encourage all of you to do the same, and instead embrace our Klein heritage. With the same thought, I believe it would be prudent to abandon the shrine.” These were words she never believed she would find herself saying, but life had taken her down paths that revealed to her the truth. "And return to the lands we held before the volcano disrupted our lives.” There weren’t very many wolves here that had witnessed the destruction of that day. "My mind is not fully made up, and I welcome any argument against such a drastic change. Or any comment you might have as I bring our time together to a close.”

"Venom"
[Image: ven-sig.png]

Incubus

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Kara

Rapid Poster - SilverUnderachieverSamhain 2022Statue 1 Worship1K
12-16-2022, 04:43 PM

Incubus slithered behind the heiress and her family in silence. Pink and blue eyes swept across the territory with idle interest. Anticipation bubbled in his chest as they all gathered at the shrine and Incubus decided to take a seat by himself, but close to the front. He spared a peek behind him at all the others and allowed that hauntingly pale gaze to move across the faces of his pack mates. So many relatives gathered and he barely knew any. But, it seemed most were intertwined in their own immediate family units. That was something he did not have. His parents were off either dead or close to it, he had no children, and his littermates likely wanted nothing to do with him. Incubus couldn't help but feel alone despite being surrounded by those that shared his blood. But, he did not wallow in this loneliness. Incubus was not the sensitive sort and he did not join Ashen to play happy family, he was here to help bolster the Klein name by improving his skills and proving to be an asset.

The announcement of both a wedding and pups brought a small grin to his lips. Pale eyes shifted to the consort before flicking back to the Empress. A strong and picturesque pair. Remaining silent, he continued to listen to Venom's speech. The Apprentices, including Incubus, were addressed next. Ears flicked as she spoke and his lips formed a fine line. He began to think about what role he'd choose out of those listed, quickly having an answer. It was obviously Incubus was a soldier... But, her next statement about leadership peeked his interest. He was conflicted when it came to challenging for a leadership role. Before he felt comfortable doing se Incubus felt like he would need to sharpen his skills some more as well as getting to know his packmates better. But, he would have a discussion with Venom soon about his aspirations of claiming a rank when he felt the time was right. "I will claim the rank of Ashigaru." His deep vocals were pointed at Venom and Venom alone. He was quick to the point and hoped the Empress would not be bothered by his choice.

Kitsune and Seere were given promotions and Incubus offered a thick smile to Seere. The girl really did deserve it and he was more then glad that Venom gave her the recognition she deserved. But, the meeting took a turn after that. Incubus raised a brow as Venom explained her decision to rid Ashen of the Abraxas influence and name. He fought the urge to smirk, horribly. If one looked closely they could likely see the smugness sweep across his dark features. Inc was a proud, pureblood, Klein and felt as though all of these other falling families tainted their Empire. These opinions were never voiced by the male, but this decision was nothing but approved by him. He never enjoyed the nonsensical mumbo jumbo that the Abraxas chose to spew. Inc felt as though false ideologies merely weakened the mind. Facts and actions were the only things that mattered. That being said, there would obviously be no arguments from Incubus and he merely waited in silence for others to pipe up.

Speech

[Image: CjtKtHg.png]
[Image: Incubus-Puffball-smoller.png]

Seere

"Though She Be But Little, She Is Fierce"

Loner

Master Fighter (285)

Master Healer (335)

An icon representing the specialty Juggernaut Juggernaut

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Hermes

TeacherDouble MasterSamhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipStudent1K
Snake Eyes
12-16-2022, 04:57 PM
The small, happy healer grins at every wolf that arrives, giving a wag to Kit, Verity, Banshee, and every member of her family. When her dad Plague arrives and offers a nuzzle, Seere giggles and offers him an affectionate kiss before returning to her watch. Once the last wolf arrives, her aunt is quick to begin the meeting and the monochrome healer settles in, leaning gently into her mom’s side. The news of marriage has the girl grinning madly, tail thumping the ground behind in joy for the happiness this Mav guy has given her aunt.

As she thinks about how proud she will be to call him her uncle, like Incubus, Venom announces another, great thing; she is going to have little cousins! Tail thumps the ground madly and her smile becomes so big that her eyes can hardly be seen. Riding on cloud nine, Seere looks to her mother with so much pride and happiness on her features that it looks as if she might burst. Her aunt talks about apprentices picking their roles and even challenging for leadership roles if they want.

Mismatched eyes look around at her family, eager to hear what they pick when something totally unexpected happens, her aunt calls on Kitsune and her. Surprise paints her face as she looks to Venom, wondering why she is being called on and her aunt is quick to answer her unspoken question. To her credit, Seere does not allow her jaw to unhinge and fall open, no matter how much she wishes to do it. If she had been on cloud nine, she is now over the moon with joy, looking Venom, the girl simply says, “I accept. Thank you, Empress.”

A small bow of respect is offered and the meeting goes on but the girl is stuck on the fact that is a Daimyo now, just like her father! Joy radiates off her as Seere looks to her dad Plague and she remembers when she had doubted herself. He had been there to pick her up and so had every member of her family. They are her life and she will do anything for them and go wherever they may go.

So, when her aunt talks about the pack moving, she looks to the tall Empress and nods. Waiting for Venom to the floor for comments, Seere says when allowed, “I will follow you to the ends of the earth. Ashen will be Ashen, no matter what land we are in.” A smile is offered and she waits to hear what others have to say. Purple and mint eyes meet her uncle Incubus's gaze and she beams brightly at him, happy beyond words as she sits with her family.

"Seere Abraxas-Destruction"

Seere has a male Pallas's cat named Paunch and a female barn swallow named Aisling. They are always nearby.

Eulogy

Somnium

Intermediate Hunter (30)

Expert Healer (155)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Hermes

Pride - Demisexual
12-17-2022, 03:52 PM
Eulogy sits with Void and his family, happily watching as her grandchildren arrive one by one. They are all so beautiful and the old wolf cannot express how happy she is to be here surrounded by her children and grandpups. Spirit arrives and slinks in, joining her and offering a weak smile. Beaming a loving smile to her son, she wraps a leg around his as he leans into her side and she offers him support; both physically and emotionally.

The meeting begins soon after Spirit’s arrival and Eulogy listens with great interest. A smile is on her lips as Venom announces her marriage and the fact that she will be having pups, the joy on the Empress’s face is infectious and the older woman’s tail lightly thumps the ground. Next, she speaks of the Apprentices and choosing their ranks which has her thinking. There is talk of promotions and moving which she nods along to eager to voice which rank she wants.

As the meeting draws to close, Venom opens the floor for comments. Looking to Spirit, Eulogy offers him an encouraging smile before turning her attention back to the Empress and saying, “I wish to be an Herbalist. Thank you for this opportunity, Empress Venom.”

"Eulogy Destruction"
[Image: n8iDN8Z.png]

Maverick

Loner

Expert Fighter (185)

Expert Navigator (225)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

Samhain 2022WealthyOoh La LaBy the skin of my teeth
12-17-2022, 05:23 PM

Maverick watched as the assortment of Ashen wolves gathered one by one to hear what their Empress had to say. As more of them congregated at the shrine, the dire wolf began to feel a twinge of nervousness in his gut. He'd never been a leader of any kind, never pictured himself in any kind of role of importance, and now here he was about to become Emperor Consort to the most powerful and influential wolf in the land. Gods above, how was he ever supposed to be what they all likely imagined him to be? Maverick's expression betrayed none of his worry, however, composed and grinning like he didn't have a care in the world all the while he was having a secret panic attack at every new face he saw. To say he felt like a fish out of water next to the regal and gorgeous Venom would've been a gross understatement!

Venom began shortly after without any pomp or circumstance, addressing the crowd as one might a family gathering to inform them of the changes the pack would be going through. The first announcement came with an exchange of smiles between himself and his fiancée as she informed the pack of their engagement and upcoming wedding, followed closely by the announcement of their expected litter. Mav's smile grew wider, his paw atop of hers giving her a little squeeze of affection. His heart was racing and hammering in his chest as he considered the idea of being a father again, but he had faith in himself so long as Venom was at his side with him. When she was with him, there wasn't anything he couldn't accomplish. Afterwards came the announcement of promotions, and excitement rippled through the throng of younger wolves. Kitsune and Seere were specifically called out and given ranks of high honor. Well deserved from what he knew.

Then came the most controversial part of the meeting—the announcement of Ashen's exodus and return to their ancestral home, as well as the departure from the Abraxas name and faith. It was something Venom had discussed with him some, and while he wasn't a very religious wolf to begin with—or at all for that matter—he supported his lover's decisions for herself, her family, and her pack without question. Knowing now that Venom intended to be known simply as Venom Klein, it did give the man something to talk to her about when it came to their nuptials. Venom left the floor open to any comments or criticisms from her wolves, and Mav turned steely focused eyes out over the crowd, scanning each face to read their expressions and see how everyone had taken the news. There was some concern over any dissension over the move or the abandoning of Abraxas, and Maverick was keenly searching for any signs of disapproval in the sea of faces like a hawk searching for prey.

"Maverick"

As his mate, Venom may enter his threads not marked as Private.

Banshee

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Kara
12-17-2022, 07:25 PM

It didn't take long for the horde of Wolves to gather. Banshee allowed her cool blue gaze to sweep over the new and fairly familiar faces of the pack. Memories of her puppyhood came flooding back as Eulogy made her way into the meeting area. Banshee shamelessly looked over the old Wolfess with curiosity. Eulogy was once Banshee and her littermates Denmother before Ashen was even a pack. These were long lost memories that could send the girl into a rabbit hole but she decided to silently turn her attention back to Venom as the meeting was about to begin.

The meeting started with an announcement of both a wedding and a royal litter. A fang filled smile came from Banshee as she looked over what seemed to be the Consort. A handsome male rather befitting of Venom's attention. She didn't let her gaze linger and swept her eyes back to the Empress. Ban wasn't sure how many litters Venom has had but she was sure these pups would be cherished just like any others. Banshee figured she'd need to give her congratulations and start planning a wedding gift for she and Verity to offer.

The next topic was actually related to both Banshee and Verity. They had the option of claiming a higher rank. Ban's smile remained as she mulled over her own options. As much as she enjoyed assisting the healers that was not where her passions lied. Banshee had the heart of a warrior and thus her decision was easily made. "I'd like to claim the rank of Ashigaru. Thank you, Empress." Banshee offered a respectful dip of her head and anticipated being a ranked warrior of the pack. She'd need to start refining her skills again.

After Seere and Kitsune got their well deserved promotions the last topic was broached. Banshee honestly did not see this one coming but her approval was evited with her grin held strong. Once upon a time Ban had stripped herself of the Klein name, taking Fatalis. But, as time went on and those painfully angsty adolescent years were gone she realized that decision was foolish. As of now she did go by Banshee Klein again and her daughter was Verity Klein. It took a long time for her to realize that her name was not only that of her Fathers. The Klein name was something much more powerful then that man, something greater. Thus, she was glad to see Ashen going back to it's roots. But, she was curious to hear any push back from the crowd. The Abraxas were a rather over-zealous and opinionated bunch, from her experience, and she figured one or two of them may have something to say.

""

[Image: Banshee-icon.png][Image: Cairn-Icon.png][Image: incubus-icon.png][Image: rhysand-icon.png][Image: thyri-icon.png][Image: Vaella-icon.png][Image: verity-icon.png]

Verity

Loner

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
Kara
12-17-2022, 07:35 PM

Verity offered a few timid glances to her new arrivals but mainly remained still. She didn't know anyone in the pack other then Seere and the Empress so she didn't really have much to think about anyone else. The youngling was rather glad when the meeting began and shifted her undivided attention to Venom as she spoke. Verity's tail swished with excitement at the mention of a wedding and puppies! Maybe when they were old enough she'd have some new friends. But, the meeting shifted rather quickly after that. The Empress was offering the apprentices and chance to claim higher ranks. A few Wolves, including her Mother, voiced their claims. But, Verity remained quiet. She was too young and it was too early into her training for her to feel confident enough to claim the rank of Herbalist. Maybe by next season or when she turned a year old she'd be skilled enough to consider it.

The rest of the meeting was focused on relocation and Venom discarding a name. None of it really resonated with Verity since she had only joined Ashen a short time ago. The pup didn't really have emotional ties to her family just yet but perhaps with this change she would with time. All in all, the pup was mostly excited her friend Seere got a promotion and there were going to be more puppies around here soon.