An icon representing the specialty Juggernaut Juggernaut

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Dragon Mod

1KThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Critical Fail!Christmas 2019Treat 2019
08-11-2022, 01:34 AM

It had been a few days since the hunt for the elephant. Tyto had been lingering in the surrounding lands, working up the courage to walk up to Valhalla's gates and request to join. He knew Caelia lived there...they had fought some friendly matches in the past and had the occasional run-in since they were very young. She had been his first win, and since then, the pair had seemingly improved over the years.

He took a deep breath as his magenta gaze eyed the wall. Head low and body stiff as he felt unsure of what to do. Asides from her, he knew nobody else. Hell, he barely knew her. Definitely not as much as he'd like. But since his sister had up and disappeared from his life and since his relatives' pack had long since been disbanded, he didn't know what else to do. He was a loner by nature, but his instinct for social society demanded he not be alone for much longer. Maybe he could do this...even if it turned out to be short-term...he wasn't sure.

But he wouldn't know until he did it, right? Stepping up to the borders, he called for the male he knew to be the alpha thanks to the hunt. Then he waited, anxiety gnawing at the stoic male's mind as he waited.

"Speak"

Tyto has an owl companion named Ven & a lynx companion named Nox. Assume they are with him at all times unless otherwise stated!

Ardyn

Loner

Master Fighter (250)

Master Hunter (240)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
08-13-2022, 06:07 PM (This post was last modified: 08-13-2022, 06:09 PM by Ardyn. Edited 1 time in total.)
Ardyn Cadeyrn Aodhán Phoenix Adravendi

He was on leisure hour, but work was never done. Ardyn was lounging in the warmth of the sun on the meeting boulder, unarmored to let his coat breathe, and penning reports on the hunt, and the progress of processing the meat and storing it.

He had already finished logging the newcomers’ arrivals to Valhalla earlier. Absently, he wondered if any in his pack would find a spark among their fellow packmates. With Kairi’s birthing, and subsequent passing shortly after, living only long enough to hold her children and name them, Valhalla at least had some children, but their circumstances were one of those sticky things. Their father was from a different pack.

Whether that would lead to tensions remained to be seen. But in the interim, these children needed mentors. He’d be spending time with them to get an idea of their temperaments, and who they’d suit best with. His mother’s hopes of mentors and apprentices choosing one another had flopped heavily. No one had taken the initiative to form bonds with the next generation, so it seemed that it would indeed fall upon the monarch’s shoulders to choose pairings.

A howl from one of the passages in the wall reached his ears, and he recognized the voice. Interesting…

“Lyr, could you take these scrolls back to the Alcoves?” The raven clicked his bi-colored bill and took up the rolled papers as Ardyn handed them to him. The ink and writing stick could wait in the open, especially once he capped the clay bowl.

Soon enough Ardyn was trotting briskly across the plains, ink black fur ruffling in the breeze of his passage and the comfortable lspring wind rippling across the plains grasses. Sparks of fire-light kindled in his coal, even as he drew to a stop across from the tall man who’d assisted in the elephant hunt a few days prior.

“Afternoon; what brings you to the wall?”

He studied the man curiously, eyes roving his frame before Ardyn settled on his haunches with a casual flick of his tail to settle it to one side.

Walk ---- "Speak" ---- "Labhair an Sean-Teanga." ---- "Hear" ---- Think

Ardyn's family (Red, Aurielle, Siblings, Valhalla) are allowed to crash threads, regardless of private tags.

Ardyn at first glance is as black as can be imagined with a raven sheen.

Closer inspection proves that he shimmers in fire tones in every hair on his hide right down to his lashes.

More obviously, he glows like a bed of coals and flames with every movement and brush of fur. His tail is usually wagging, so blazes like a torch.

His adult teeth are in and his saber canines have grown to their full length (see profile). His mane and tail hair have grown to full length, as well as being lightweight and easily buffeted by breezes.

A look at his front paws will give the impression of hands, with his dew claw dropped low and lengthened into a functioning thumb, and his toes elongated into fingers. He has retractable, solid black cat-like claws on every paw.

Ardyn has developed a glowing mast of intricate markings in fire and ice colors over his face, symmetrical over the last seasons of Year 17 (see profile for details). During hunts or raids/sieges, he will smudge them out with black soot to cover the glow, otherwise, they are bright enough to note at first direct glance at his face. Not all his artwork currently portrays the mask markings.

He is also often bedecked in beads, small bells, feathers in blues, ribbons and braids thanks to the Ooze Event of Halloween 2021, and the Coathanger item that he got. The accessories generally are seen most in his mane and tail hair. He removes the brighter items and bells for hunts or battle.

Tyto

Loner

Master Fighter (240)

Advanced Hunter (70)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Dragon Mod

1KThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Critical Fail!Christmas 2019Treat 2019
09-09-2022, 03:49 PM

He studied the wall that stood before him. He hadn't quite seen something like this before other than the crumbling wall up North. Had they built this themselves? He couldn't remember if he'd seen it before, but he was interested in the handiwork as he waited. Before long, the Valhallan alpha arrived, asking him what brought him here before he sat down. Tyto remained quiet for a moment, magenta gaze getting a better look at the ember-fueled pelt of the alpha. He hadn't gotten a chance to really look when they were hunting, but at least now he could. He was certainly on the side of wolves he found interesting to look at, but it was rude to stare for too long, right?

That and...well...he hadn't exactly thought about what to say when he was greeted. Awkward, right? Nonetheless, he cleared his throat and shifted on his paws. "I uh...I helped your pack with a hunt a few days ago," But...Ardyn already knew that...didn't he...crap. "I mean well...I...one of your members, Caelia...she lives here, right? W-we sort of know each other...since we were pups...I uh...was considering the possibility of joining your pack." He fumbled over his words more out of the fact he was unsure what to say or how to do this. He had never joined a pack before like this, mostly just following along wherever his dad had gone. From Tyranis' pack to Acere's pack and even partially in Abaven...he didn't have a say back then. But now?

Hell, he wasn't even sure if Valhalla would be a good fit for him, but...He took a deep breath to try and calm his nerves. "Caelia is the only stranger left in this world that I know...not that that's my main reason for wanting to join but..." He tried to play it off, and he knew he was failing at it. He didn't know where else to go. His entire family had abandoned him. His trust in them was completely broken. Yet for some reason, he never forgot Caelia and her kind but determined attitude. They were like rivals in a way, always trying to best each other anytime they ran into one another. He considered her a friend of sorts...and that was enough for him at this point. Just one person that he could trust in his life...hopefully...

"Speak"

Tyto has an owl companion named Ven & a lynx companion named Nox. Assume they are with him at all times unless otherwise stated!

Ardyn

Loner

Master Fighter (250)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

09-12-2022, 11:50 PM
Ardyn Cadeyrn Aodhán Phoenix Adravendi

There’d been little time to directly examine each other, though Ardyn was used to quick study of others. Clearly, the other man must have missed some of the young Kings features during the hunt. He supposed that was good—better to be focused on the very large and dangerous animal you and others are trying to kill than getting killed staring at a strangely lit wolf.

He sat, listening patiently to Tyto’s words. Slight humor glinted in his eyes at the man’s redundant statement, and he nodded in agreement, adding, “You were a great help, thank you.”

Ah, it turned out Caelia knew the man. Was it possible she had … ah, but Tyto spoke on and it was pretty clear the two probably didn’t have anything going on… yet. Tyto, it seemed, was at the very least grasping for the only thing he knew.

Ardyn’s head tilted, regarding Tyto curiously with those mismatched fire and ice eyes through the mask of glowing markings. “I’m not opposed to it, but can you tell me what you’re looking for most in a pack? Stability, perhaps? A home? And what can you bring to the table? I’ve already seen your hunting skills, but what else? As for what Valhalla stands for; we value honor and loyalty, courage and integrity. We will not force you to stay if you are not happy here. Resentful wolves can make trouble with their inside knowledge.”

He fell silent, ears flicking forward to catch what Tyto’s response might be.

Walk ---- "Speak" ---- "Labhair an Sean-Teanga." ---- "Hear" ---- Think

Ardyn's family (Red, Aurielle, Siblings, Valhalla) are allowed to crash threads, regardless of private tags.

Closer inspection proves that he shimmers in fire tones in every hair on his hide right down to his lashes.

More obviously, he glows like a bed of coals and flames with every movement and brush of fur. His tail is usually wagging, so blazes like a torch.

His adult teeth are in and his saber canines have grown to their full length (see profile). His mane and tail hair have grown to full length, as well as being lightweight and easily buffeted by breezes.

A look at his front paws will give the impression of hands, with his dew claw dropped low and lengthened into a functioning thumb, and his toes elongated into fingers. He has retractable, solid black cat-like claws on every paw.

Ardyn has developed a glowing mast of intricate markings in fire and ice colors over his face, symmetrical over the last seasons of Year 17 (see profile for details). During hunts or raids/sieges, he will smudge them out with black soot to cover the glow, otherwise, they are bright enough to note at first direct glance at his face. Not all his artwork currently portrays the mask markings.

He is also often bedecked in beads, small bells, feathers in blues, ribbons and braids thanks to the Ooze Event of Halloween 2021, and the Coathanger item that he got. The accessories generally are seen most in his mane and tail hair. He removes the brighter items and bells for hunts or battle.

Tyto

Loner

Master Fighter (240)

Advanced Hunter (70)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Dragon Mod

12-18-2022, 01:42 AM

He offered a shy and embarrassed grin to Valhalla's alpha when he was thanked for helping the hunt. He wasn't used to receiving praise, or thanks. At least, not since his uncle passed away. "Yeah uh, anytime!" He cleared his throat, still feeling a bit embarrassed, but he remained focused as Ardyn continued. “I’m not opposed to it, but can you tell me what you’re looking for most in a pack? Stability, perhaps? A home? And what can you bring to the table? I’ve already seen your hunting skills, but what else? As for what Valhalla stands for; we value honor and loyalty, courage and integrity. We will not force you to stay if you are not happy here. Resentful wolves can make trouble with their inside knowledge.”

He considered and thought about those words. The questions posed to him. His heart hammered in his chest, anxiety clawing its way up, but he didn't need to think long or hard. He knew already what he was looking for, more or less at least, when he came to Valhalla's borders. "Both. Er, stability...and a home...I've lost both too many times to count. I've been constantly shuffled from one place to another since I was a pup. My uncle Acere's pack was perhaps the only stability I had for a while until my cousin rebelled and took it all away. I don't trust anyone. And that includes my own kin..." He frowned as he shook his head. "Sorry, I just...yes. Stability. A home. I'm not a bad fighter, either. Hunting isn't the only thing I specialize in. Valhalla sounds like a place that lines up with my ideals...it's also what Acere instilled before things went south." Caelia so far, was the only somewhat constant in his life. There had to be a reason they kept running into each other all these years, right?

"Speak"

Ardyn

Loner

Master Fighter (250)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

12-18-2022, 02:31 AM
Ardyn Adravendi

The King listened as Tyto spoke, interest glinting in those mismatched fire and ice eyes behind the motifed mask of light. His ears flicked forward in recognition of the name Acere. Ah, the King of Winterfell. It had… well, fallen, but his mother hadn’t learned the circumstances of the change in monarchy.

The thought of his own kin striving to rip the foundation of Valhalla out from his and everyone else’s paws – and hooves, in Taliesyn’s case – was unnerving. He was deeply thankful that none of his siblings or cousins had an eye for the throne. He didn’t like the idea of having to fight someone he cared for in earnest.

His muzzle dipped in a nod as Tyto’s words ended. Fighters were always well-needed in any pack, even the most peaceful ones. Peace still needed violence to defend it in the long run.

Ardyn smiled, then rose, tipping his head to invite the man in and to walk with him. “Then, welcome to Valhalla. I hope that, in time, you’ll find the ability to trust us as a new family of sorts. I hope to see you strive to rise through the ranks for the betterment of the pack and the wellbeing of Valhalla’s people. If there’s a higher rank you feel you can serve best in, pleas let me know. High ranks can be attained through hard work and dedication, and depending on how well you’ve proven yourself, they can be challenged for. But your record best reflect that it’s not merely for personal gain.”

The man seemed humble, from his shyness at receiving thanks for help in a mere hunt – alright, it’d been hunting a gigantic creature – and Ardyn hoped that humility was a part of the man’s nature as a whole.

As they walked, the King outlined the pack’s customs and ranks, how they worked, and what the laws were. He paused often to let Tyto absorb the information and internalize it, ensuring nothing was skipped over or missed in the briefing.

As they reached the meeting ground, Ardyn turned and smiled at the man, asking, “Will you be denning in a hut, a traditional den, or in an Alcove in the Seat? They’re open to the entire pack, as a whole.”

Walk ---- "Speak" ---- "Labhair an Sean-Teanga." ----  "Hear" ---- Think

Tyto

Loner

Master Fighter (240)

Advanced Hunter (70)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Dragon Mod

12-18-2022, 04:33 AM

Had he said too much? Not enough? He wasn't sure. He didn't realize he'd been holding his breath when he had finished speaking, waiting for Ardyn's verdict on whether he would be calling Valhalla home in the near future, or if he'd have to try his luck elsewhere. But then... “Then, welcome to Valhalla." His ears perked and the guarded hopefulness he'd been feeling was replaced with a quiet sense of relief when he heard those words. He exhaled quietly, realizing then that he'd been holding his breath in anticipation. I hope that, in time, you’ll find the ability to trust us as a new family of sorts. I hope to see you strive to rise through the ranks for the betterment of the pack and the wellbeing of Valhalla’s people. If there’s a higher rank you feel you can serve best in, pleas let me know. High ranks can be attained through hard work and dedication, and depending on how well you’ve proven yourself, they can be challenged for. But your record best reflect that it’s not merely for personal gain.”

He nodded in understanding, already the determination lit in his eyes. He too, hoped that Valhalla could finally be the place where he would find all that he wanted and needed. The trust. The stability. The place where he'd flourish. And hopefully...where his life would get better. He wouldn't sit idly by and just let things keep passing him by. He knew he had to put forth the effort, and so he would. "Thank you." He followed Ardyn into Valhalla's lands, listening intently to all of the information that was shared with him as he took in the sights. He had to admit, Valhalla's landscape and all that was behind the walls was impressive so far. Everything seemed...innovative. Like there was a purpose for everything here and not something that would just sit there forgotten to the ravages of time. As they reached what was likely the heart of the land, Ardyn turned to him with a question. Tyto thought for a moment, feeling a little overwhelmed with the options, as well as with the information, but he did his best to keep that from showing. "Er, I suppose a traditional den for now...at least until I settle in. The only structure I've lived in outside of the ground was the ship up North, but even then I preferred the traditional den in the dirt." He supposed he probably wouldn't be opposed to a hut or something...though he knew it would be something to warm up to, first.

"Speak"