size
Small
build
Light
player
Resin

Samhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
09-23-2022, 03:06 PM

Bowen had made it back in time for a second brother's wedding. If Grim were to get married, she'd be three for three. Her time traveling with Tej had changed her. Being away from the Hallows and all of her worries and overthinking had really helped the fae to put things into perspective. She had been a burden before. She was walking emotional baggage. Bowen relied on Artorias too much. Wanted something that she would never have and she had lamented over it, digging herself into a deep pit of melancholy. It wasn't fair to him and it wasn't fair to herself. And so she had gone. Bowen hadn't intended to be gone forever, and so when she felt ready, she and her tiger friend headed back.

On their journey back to The Hallows, Tej expressed an interest in traveling and enjoying his freedom. Bowen did like traveling, but she had made a promise and so she couldn't go with him. Tej saw her back to the castle and the pair parted ways promising to always be friends. It was a little bittersweet, but it was for the best. The big cat wouldn't have any other tigers in his life if he stayed, and that wasn't fair to him. She would miss him, but it was for the best.

Rudyards wedding had been a success. Everyone was happy. Even Bowen was happy. Night had fallen across the land and the tiny, caramel and cream fae drifted away from the gathering and out onto the plains. A gentle breeze blew, ruffling her silken fur and sending the tall stalks of grass around her to whispering. Bowen sprawled out on a slight rise in the land, her chin rested on one bent foreleg. Green eyes watched the dancing stars above and a soft sigh escaped the woman. She was home and she was content.

"Bowen & Artorias"
[Image: gSBkYSG.gif]Bowen Arrow Carpathius [Image: 2cnsALh.png]

Artorias

"I will shield you from the darkness"

The Hallows
Lord of Cinder

Master Fighter (837)

Master Navigator (1030)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

An icon representing the specialty Fleet-footed Fleet-footed

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

Samhain 2022Running on EmptyRapid Poster - SilverBest BudsSocialiteOverachiever
Auster ExplorerPride - BisexualFestival OrganizerDream WeaverLoserGlobetrotter
UnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyWealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
Critical Dodge!Ooh La LaLegendaryExplorerWordyIce Bridge Explorer
WinnerVengeanceSnake EyesDouble MasterMammoth HunterCritical Hit!
09-23-2022, 09:13 PM
Rudyard and Fern's wedding had been a rousing success. His brother and sweet fiancée now sister-in-law were at the peak of their lives, living through one of the most joyous occasions that he had been blessed to be a part of. Officiating his first wedding had been nerve-wracking, but he thought he'd done a decent enough job of the ceremony for his brother. Now the lovebirds were celebrating the remainder of their reception with the rest of the Hallows, the hour stretching well into the night. Artorias would have also been a part of the reception still, feasting and drinking with his family and friends, but there was something else far more pressing on his mind, something that had shown up at the last minute that he hadn't planned for.

Bowen.

His smaller sister had shown up like a dream in amongst the crowd of Hallows wolves to share in the special moment with their brother. Her appearance had been so unexpected that Artorias had almost been derailed from the entire ceremony. Once it had all been said and done, however, he hadn't had a moment to go seek out his wayward sister before she slipped away once again. The first chance he had, Artorias followed Bowen's scent back out of the castle and out to the vast plains. The evening was mild, the late fall weather of Auster clear and warm with just a bit of a breeze. The night sky was cloudless, a beautiful inky canvas of shimmering stars that covered the land in silvery light. That was where he found his caramel and cream sister, resting among the tall grass. It took the brute a long moment to determine if he was dreaming or not, and when it was decided that this was no mirage, he approached her, heavy paws crunching the grass softly beneath his toes.

A mixture of emotions churned in Artorias' heart. Love for the wolf who meant so much to him, joy to see her again and well, excitement to have her home once more—but also trepidation for how delicate she had been before, frustration that she had gone off on her own instead of to the Armada like she'd said she would, and anxiousness for how their relationship might forever be different now. Artorias didn't call out to her. His presence was announced by his footfalls drawing closer to her. Citrine eyes never left her form, still half expecting to blink and find she had disappeared once again. "Bowen..." Artorias' words drifted off with her name. There was so much he wanted to ask. Where had she gone for the past two seasons? What had she gotten into? What was she thinking?! How dare she betray his trust and run off?! Did she have any idea how worried he had been when he'd learned of what she'd done?! Instead, the azure brute simply said, "You came back."

"Bowen & Artorias"

One big happy family

Artorias has two ravens named Corbin and Eira and a fox named Argent. Assume they are within calling distance at all times.
As his mate, Briar may enter Artorias' threads unless marked Private.

Bowen

The Hallows
Wayfinder

Master Navigator (240)

Master Fighter (265)

An icon representing the specialty Scout Scout

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Resin

10-08-2022, 01:40 AM

She knew that it wouldn't take him long at all. No doubt it had been a surprise, seeing her there after she hadn't shown hide nor hair in a few seasons. Bowen could only hope that her brother would forgive her. She had done exactly what she needed to do to put herself back together. Together with Tej, they had worked to glue all of the broken pieces back in place. Bowen had then cast her mind in iron. She would never forget herself again.

The approaching paws had the sound of Artorias, his gait rather unique. The copper and snow woman tilted her head ever so slightly, one viridian eye catching the sight of the brute as he drew near. His words met her ears, caramel auds shifting to catch the timbre that she had so missed. She came back? What an odd statement. "Is this not my home? Did I not promise to return to you?" One brow lifted as she questioned him. The queries themselves were of a more serious note, but her expression and the mischievous tilt of her head spoke only of jest.

As Artorias came to stand before her, the tiny, slender fae allowed her gaze to roam over his form rather brazenly. Muscles tensed as Bowen easily glided upward to her paws. A silken tail swished back and forth over the breeze ruffled grass as she moved a step closer to the man. Her gaze was on his lips and there was no secret as to what she was thinking. "Aren't you going to welcome me home, big brother?"

"Bowen & Artorias"

Artorias

The Hallows
Lord of Cinder

Master Fighter (837)

Master Navigator (1030)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

UnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyWealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
10-11-2022, 08:33 PM
The moment Bowen's emerald eyes met his, Artorias felt his heart wrench with how much he'd missed her. His sister looked so... peaceful again. Content, at ease out here amongst the fields and beneath the stars. It was a far cry from the woman she had been when he'd seen her off with the Fatalises at the conclusion of his wedding half a year ago. Seeing her this way brought him such relief, knowing that she had found whatever it was she had needed. But there was still the matter of how she had gotten to that point to contend with. She questioned his statement with humor, but there was none in his voice when he had spoken.

Bo questioned if this was not still her home and reminded him of her promise. "I don't know, is it?" he asked with a raise of his own brow, his voice detached and measured, like he was being careful to compose his emotions as he spoke. "The last time you were here, you didn't seem to take to it as your home. And yes, you did promise to return... the same way you promised you'd go to the Armada." He laid his cards out before her. He had been to the Armada twice during the time she was supposedly there and confirmed that she'd never went. That was the part that troubled Artorias the most—that his sister had broken her word to him and gone to who knew where. He had no way of knowing where she was, if she was all right, or if he'd ever see her alive again. Did she even know the worry that caused in him? Ah, but then Bowen's bold gaze began to roam over his body, and Artorias felt that familiar instinctual clench in his core. Gods be damned, why did she have to hold such a spell over him?

The copper and cream fae rose, her slender body moving with the graceful pull of lithe muscles that Artorias worked very hard to not let his amber eyes follow, his jaw clenching as his resolve was tested. Bowen asked in her siren-like voice if he was going to welcome her home and Artorias could have broken in that moment. "I want to, more than you know," he admitted earnestly, his own gaze dipping from Bowen's verdant jewels down to the lips he'd tasted many a time before with nothing short of a primal hunger. How easy it would be to just forget everything else and claim them with his own again. "Bowen... Why didn't you go to the Armada like we talked about? Why didn't you tell me or anyone what you were doing? What if something had happened to you out there? What if you were hurt, or taken, or worse! No one would have known where you were. What if-?" Artorias cut himself off, refusing to let himself get too far gone down that train of thought. "Why did you lie to me?" was the only question he didn't directly ask, but Bowen was clever. She'd know what he wasn't asking her.

"Bowen & Artorias"

One big happy family

Artorias has two ravens named Corbin and Eira and a fox named Argent. Assume they are within calling distance at all times.

Bowen

The Hallows
Wayfinder

Master Navigator (240)

Master Fighter (265)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Resin

10-21-2022, 11:37 PM

She knew. Bowen knew that he was upset with her by the look in his eye, by the way he stayed just out of reach. For this, she couldn't blame him. She'd broken promises that she'd made to him before leaving. It hadn't been her intent to do so, but every step closer to the Armada felt like she was walking into a different type of prison. Freedom had been what she needed. It was that freedom that had reminded her of everything that she'd been through. Everything that she'd overcome. Every battle that she'd won, every life taken. All of it just to get back to the black and blue man before her.

Bowen owed him an explanation, she knew. His words towards her were harsh and she knew that she had hurt him. Copper ears pulled back against the fae's shapely skull for a moment and her viridian gaze fell. She thought about the words that she might say to him, trying to think of how to explain the place that she'd been in then and the place that she was in now. Before she could answer him, he questioned her again, this time asking more directly.

The small woman inhaled deeply and let her breath out long and slow, steeling herself for the explanation that she was to give. "I never intended to break my promise," she assured him softly, her gaze still downcast. "The closer that Tej and I came to the Armada, the more trapped I felt. Living amongst strangers raised such anxiety in me that I felt as though I would snap." More than once she'd considered turning back, running home to The Hallows, but she hadn't. Nothing would have changed. She still would have been a miserable, sad sack.

"Tej saw me struggling and suggested that we try something different. Out in the wilds alone, I could remember who I was. How strong I was." Bowen had struggled, but having Tej beside her had been exactly what the small wolf needed. "I learned to live for myself again. At the end of it all, Tej wanted to live for himself again as well, so we parted ways. He went back to his homeland and I came back to you." Throughout it all, Bowen's voice stayed a soft whisper, but she knew that he would hear her.

"I came back to you because this is where I belong and I could only come back when I knew with complete certainty that I would never be that weak, wretched thing ever again." Now she raised her gaze to meet his once more. "I am not weak, Artorias. I am no longer broken." Lifting one paw, she made the first move towards him, placing her silken pads upon his cheek. "I am sorry to have betrayed your trust, but I am home and I am whole. Please try to understand."

"Bowen" | "Carpathian"

Artorias

The Hallows
Lord of Cinder

Master Fighter (837)

Master Navigator (1030)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

10-29-2022, 04:24 AM

Artorias saw the remorse twisting Bowen's expression, regret that she had hurt him evident in her emerald eyes. The Aegis' first thought was "Good". She had hurt him, she had broken her word and betrayed his trust in her. He wanted her to feel some guilt for doing that to him. But in all his upset, Artorias still did not desire to hurt Bowen back. He needed her to understand that her actions and decisions had consequences, but she was still his sister, still someone he loved dearly and with all his heart. Bowen breathed a sigh and set to explaining herself in great detail. Artorias listened intently, giving her the decency of his full attention while she tried to reason her decisions away. Of course it had been that fucking tiger's idea to desert their plans. Tej had seemed like nothing but a problem from the start, but thankfully he wouldn't have to deal with the feline anymore it seemed. Tej had gone off on his own adventures after Bowen decided to return home. Though he still did not like the tiger, he at least appreciated what he had done for his sister. Bowen was a night and day difference from when she'd left to how she appeared now. Only time would tell if she remained this way though.

Bowen lifted her gaze eventually and was met with Artorias' fire opal eyes fixed to her. Not once had the dire wolf looked away from his petite sibling. Nothing else in the world was as important as she was right now in this moment. Bowen declared that she was no longer weak, no longer the "wretched thing" that she had been, as she so eloquently put it. Then she came closer and reached for him, one minuscule paw raising until cream toes rested over his azure cheek. She pleaded for him to understand her motives, and he did. He knew why she had done so, but did she understand why he had been so upset and hurt by her actions? Did she truly realize how much she meant to him? Did she have any idea how his world would have crumbled if she hadn't returned home? Artorias swallowed thickly past the knot in his throat, trying to ignore the way her silken paw felt so wonderfully hot against the side of his face.

After a moment, Artorias lifted his own large paw to move to caress Bowen's cheek in turn, his fiery gaze locked wholly onto her verdant jewels. "Nu ai fost niciodată rău cu mine," he murmured beneath his breath, the words spoken in their language rolling off his tongue like he'd been speaking it his entire life. The massive brute leaned closer to place a tender lick to the end of Bowen's muzzle, grazing her chin and lips with gentle affection. The corner of his lips twitched upwards in a little smirking smile. "Mă bucur că ești acasă. Mi-a fost dor de tine." For the first time since the Hallows had moved to Auster years ago, the Carpathius family was finally reunited in its entirety in the Hallows. About damn time. The smirk on his lips turned a bit roguish the longer he held Bowen's gaze, brushing his paw pads against her soft cheek. "You were saying something about welcoming you home...?"

"Artorias" | "Carpathian"

One big happy family

Bowen

The Hallows
Wayfinder

Master Navigator (240)

Master Fighter (265)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Resin

11-17-2022, 01:51 AM

No matter how much she had needed her freedom to grow, the guilt for her actions was a constant weight upon her the entire time. She tried to justify her actions in many ways, one of which was believing that her mother might take a similar course. Resin always moved to the beat of her own drum and that was exactly what Bowen had done. The path had felt right. It had felt good. And so... she had taken it. In the end, it had been exactly what she had needed. The world outside of her head was much quieter than the raucous screams when she was shut up within the castle. Having to survive again, to rely on her own skills, it had reminded her of who she was. Without Tej's prompting, she may never have strayed from her path, but she was glad that she did. Now all she had to do was get herself back into Artorias' good graces.

As she reached for him, Artorias allowed her sable toes to slid across his cheek. He didn't pull away and Bowen took that as one step in the right direction. Though he thought of the 'what ifs,' Bowen had never once thought that she wouldn't make it home. She always knew that she would return to him. Artorias was her light in the dark. He always had been and, if she had her way, he always would be.

A moment later, her stoic sibling shifted and his massive paw raised to cup her cheek in turn. Bowen leaned into his touch, eyes closing for only a moment before her gaze was locked on his again. The man's words were like a warm fur wrapped around her heart and Bowen felt the heat of tears form in the corners of her eyes. Gods... did he know how much she loved him?Mereu ai fost tu," she leaned into the kiss that he placed upon her lips and muzzle. This was where she was supposed to be. This was why she had put them both through such torment.

A bit of playfulness entered the black and blue brutes tones and Bowen chuckled softly, lips splitting in a grin. His pads slid over her cheek and a moment later she was sliding closer towards him. The tiny fae plastered herself against the man's blue chest, the silken fur of her cheek gliding across whatever fur and flesh she could find. "Doar tine-ma," Bowen begged in the softest whisper. She needed him to simply wrap her up in his arms so that her journey could come to and end. If he did that... then the anguish had all been worth it.

| "Carpathian"

Artorias

The Hallows
Lord of Cinder

Master Fighter (837)

Master Navigator (1030)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

11-26-2022, 02:11 AM

Artorias could see the way his words were effecting Bowen. His sweet sable sister, moved to misty eyes simply by him being truthful. No matter how bad Bowen had gotten before, she had never been wretched to him. She had never been disgusting or repulsive or loathsome. On the contrary, Bowen's plight had broken Artorias' heart. He wanted so desperately to help her and put her back together, but what she needed had been beyond his control. Whatever happened to Bowen out in the wilderness on her own, it had been just what she needed to put herself back in order—if not better than she ever had been. Artorias gave Bowen a knowing look when she replied to him in their mother tongue, claiming he had always been the one for her. He knew, but he never tired of hearing her say it. Each time made his heart race and reminded him of why the struggle and the pain had been worth it.

Bowen slid closer to him when he teased her, bringing her body closer to his until he felt the brush of her chest pressing into his. Fiery amber eyes shone with a life that hadn't been in them since she had left the Hallows. Bowen would always possess a piece of his heart, and without her no amount of joy he felt would ever make him 100% complete. Bowen nuzzled his chest, caramel and cream cheeks rubbing into sapphire blue fur while she gazed up at him with pleading emerald eyes. The words she whispered up to him brought a tender smile to the dire brute's face. She didn't need to ask him twice. Artorias craned his neck down to plant a loving lick across Bowen's crown before strong forelimbs lifted to wrap around her svelte sides, lifting her petite form up and holding her tight to his chest. With Bowen wound up in his arms, Artorias collapsed backwards until he was lying belly up in the soft grasses, Bowen cradled on top of him as he held her to his body.

With the stillness of the night around them, Artorias held Bowen like they were the only two wolves left in the world. A warm breeze rippled gently across the coastal lands, the clear sky a canvas of sparkling stars that served as her backdrop. But Artorias' eyes were only ever on Bowen. Giant azure paws roamed freely over the petite fae's lithe sides, feeling over her lean, taut muscles from hips to shoulders, occasionally bringing one paw up to stroke a digit or two over her cheek. He followed the copper marking around her eye, down over her cheek and neck, content to revel in her presence now that she was home again. "Mereu," he whispered in reply, his low voice a husky rumble as he spoke to her. He left Bowen perched atop of him, allowing the diminutive lady free rein to move and settle herself over him however she wished. It had been far too long since he'd had Bowen with him like this. This was Artorias' way of welcoming her home and showing her just how loved and missed she had been.

One big happy family

Bowen

The Hallows
Wayfinder

Master Navigator (240)

Master Fighter (265)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Resin

12-19-2022, 04:14 AM

Initially she wasn't sure how he would react, but as she leaned into him, Artorias took Bowen into his embrace and the small woman breathed a sigh of relief into his chest. Emerald eyes drifted closed and she sank into the wolf that she loved above all others. Fate hadn't delivered them a kind hand to start out, but things were always better when they were together. Artorias was home to Bowen. Wherever he was, she was home.

The large brute toppled gracefully backwards and the copper marked fae let out a little gasp as she was pulled along with him. With Artorias resting on his back in the grass, Bowen wasted no time in sprawling out on top of him, scooching up a bit so that she could lay her chin upon his chest. The man's soft promise met her ears and a content little smile tugged at Bowen's lips. There couldn't be a more perfect man than Artorias. Of that, she was certain. He always knew what to do. Always knew what to say. Even when she'd been broken and drowning in her own emotions, just listening to him had kept her tethered to earth.

Bowen's long, silken tail drifted languidly back and forth as she simply reveled in the moment that they shared together. The woman's dainty digits pulled lightly through black and blue fur rhythmically, absently. "I'm sorry," she whispered once more. "I'll never make you worry again." As long as it was within her control, that was. She didn't intend to make him worry the first time, but she'd been such a mess that she could only worry about herself. Bowen's grip on Artorias tightened in a squeezing embrace that lasted for a few seconds before she relaxed upon him once more. "Do you need to get back to Briar?" That had been part of her former anxiety. Bowen hadn't been able to process her emotions when it came to Artorias and his mate. Bowen liked Briar, but she hadn't been able to work out how they all fit together. After her time away, things had settled into place within her mind. She would try hard to become friends with Briar not only for Art's sake, but for the sake of Briar and herself as well. Bo wanted their arrangement to be a harmonious one and she would work to make it so.

"Bowen" | "Carpathian"

Artorias

The Hallows
Lord of Cinder

Master Fighter (837)

Master Navigator (1030)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

01-12-2023, 05:00 AM (This post was last modified: 01-12-2023, 05:02 AM by Artorias. Edited 1 time in total.)

Artorias could practically feel the stress melt away from Bowen's body when he scooped her up and she breathed a sigh of relief. It was almost humorous to him. After all they'd been through, all the love they shared, did she really think there would ever be a circumstance where he rebuked her love? Lying beneath the stars with his beloved sister wound up in his arms brought a gentle smile to Artorias' lips. He hated what she had to go through to get to where they were now, but if he had the choice of either doing it all again knowing where they'd end up or walking away from it all, he knew he'd tread the same path. While the petite fae sprawled herself out languidly across his broad form, Art contented himself with just holding her and running his giant paws up and down her back from shoulder to waist, letting his soft touch unwind her and relax her, welcoming her back home and to him. Bowen's tail, a cascade of silky soft cream and caramel, began a gentle sway back and forth, very nearly reaching some parts of him that would have shifted the entire tone of their embrace. As it was, the Aegis was able to keep himself reined in, at least for now, so he wouldn't ruin the sweetness of their reunion.

There was a few moments of peace and quiet while the two Carpathians held on to one another, the chirping of nocturnal insects the only other sound besides their breathing and the distant ocean waves on this warm night. Bowen's dainty paws pulling through his fur coaxed pleased rumbles low in the dire brute's chest, and her apology was swiftly dismissed by a slow nod from the man. "I know you didn't mean it. There's nothing to be sorry for, Bo." Artorias craned his neck down to plant a tender lick across his sister's crown. "I'm just glad you came back home." Another moment passed, and then Bowen asked about Briar. Did he need to get back to her? Yes, eventually. But right now, he was far too busy enjoying his reunion with her to cut it short. "At some point. But not right now." Fiery amber eyes moved to peer down his chest to where Bowen lay across him, a content and loving smile resting easily on his lips while he gazed at her. "I'm all yours right now." Finding the balance between his two women had been the challenge they faced before Bowen's mental health crisis. Artorias was determined to make things work with Briar and with Bowen.

One big happy family