size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Lolaf

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Pride - PansexualPride - Demisexual
07-20-2022, 07:43 PM
The territory of the Hallows now stood right near the land bridge that lead to Boreas... Emile had only stepped on Boreas a scant few times since he'd been a child. It was technically the place he'd been born but Auster felt more like home than Boreas ever had, he had been born there but the Hallows had moved south across the bridge when he'd still just a child... Boreas was the last place he'd seen his mother and sister. It was where his scattering family had disappeared too...

It felt like something was stopping him from being able to cross, and not just the feeling of guilt he'd have about shirking his duties but it was like a force was pushing him back. Painful memories were over there... Painful memories were here too but better the devil you know... Not to mention he didn't really want to force his family to have to deal with him anymore, if they'd left they deserved their emancipation from him. Emile stared out at the continent. It felt like an alien world, wolves he knew were out there but he couldn't see them. Didn't deserve to.

But still, he stared, he didn't know why... He just... Did.

Speech

Art by Rivaah
[Image: 6UZMUzp.png]

Art by Sigath

Warning: Emile's threads may be potentially triggering as he is suffering from extreme mental duress, his threads may include themes of suicidal ideation and physical and emotional self harm. Please take care of yourself and thread at your own discretion.
Emile has a ring of jagged scars around his right eye from the events of the ooze, most of his art do not show this. His profile has been updated to reflect this.

Updated 04/30/23: Still on indefinite scarcity, please do not remind me of threads I am behind on right now.

Pontifex

Loner

Advanced Intellectual (85)

Intermediate Healer (30)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Virgil

Pride - HomoromanticPride - BisexualThe Ooze ParticipantCritical Fail!1K
08-16-2022, 02:31 AM

ooc. I'm so sorry I'm gonna actually post more often now probably

A life of quiet contemplation had not been so terrible thus far, he spent a great deal of time tending the ground that had been his home for the most important moments of his young life. He missed his sisters and his mother, but he understood that he was benefitting from the structures of the pack he'd been born in. There was room to grow that he hadn't been able to find in the days of wandering with his family to spread the word of God. He was still free to venture out into the world, as he'd chosen to do today. Long, willowy limbs swept across the terrain with an easy gait that made the dainty chains that encircled his limbs jingle quietly. Decorating his mortal vessel had brought him a surprising amount of peace and joy.

As he idled on the border between the two continents, a figure stood out against the pale sands. This was beginning to become a familiar figure, and the brindled markings over his back seemed far more stark in this setting. Humming thoughtfully, more to himself than anything else, he sauntered closer. Took his own time, unburdened by looming chores or patrols for the day. By the time he could make out the emerald greens encircling the male's pupils, he found himself inclining his head in a mute greeting. "It seems we've been brought together again," he intoned with a small, wry smile. A small swish of his dark banner across his heels, and he ambled in a small semicircle around the golden boy. "what do you think it means?" the tone of his vocals shifted, a conspiratorial whisper paired with a tiny grin.

"Pontifex" || "Hallux" || "Pollux"

Pontifex's companions are a female Pesquet's Parrot named Hallux and a male Emperor Tamarin named Pollux, who are nearby and likely within earshot unless otherwise mentioned.

Emile

Loner

Advanced Intellectual (60)

Advanced Healer (60)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Lolaf

10-12-2022, 07:48 PM
Somehow, someway Emile had managed to miss the approaching wolf. It was probably the fact that while he was looking out across the Birfrost his brain wasn't really connected to the visual input, his mind far enough away that the stimuli was being discarded the moment it was parsed. So he visibly jumped some when the familiar voice called out to him. Forest green gaze grew wide and swung towards the purple-marked man and Emile felt his face flush. He still didn't really know how to handle the other male, he wasn't used to being around other wolves much anymore, and more than that he wasn't used to the easy way the man complimented him.

Emile's brain took a moment to catch up and when it did he instinctually ducked his head, turning it to hide his scarred eye from the other man and finding his voice even harder to find than usual. He swallowed the lump in his throat and finally seemed to manage to get himself together enough to respond. "I-i-i-i-i- ddddon't knoooooow." He tried not to flinch, his swirling emotions making his stutter worse than it usually was. "Iiiiiiit iiiiiis go-go-go-good to ssssssee you again though." He managed to calm himself a little more in that second sentence though there was a clear uncertainty in his voice and posture as Pontifext circled him. He wasn't used to feeling so seen.

Speech

Art by Rivaah

Art by Sigath

Warning: Emile's threads may be potentially triggering as he is suffering from extreme mental duress, his threads may include themes of suicidal ideation and physical and emotional self harm. Please take care of yourself and thread at your own discretion.
Emile has a ring of jagged scars around his right eye from the events of the ooze, most of his art do not show this. His profile has been updated to reflect this.

Updated 04/30/23: Still on indefinite scarcity, please do not remind me of threads I am behind on right now.

Pontifex

Loner

Intermediate Healer (30)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Virgil

11-21-2022, 10:21 PM

Something about the way the golden male hesitated, always so uneasy and shy, reached deep into the old blood of the young godling. A brief flare of something possessive and hungry, eager to take, to lay a claim over someone so very small and defenseless. It thrummed at the back of his skull in time with his pulse mine mine mine mine, and then was gone when the young man spoke. It was quick, the way he turned his head to move the ring of thick scar tissue around his eye out of sight without hiding his face entirely. Filing that away for future examination, he turned his attention to the halting sentence that tumbled from the smaller male's jaws. The gentle smile on his face widened into a bright grin.

"It's always a pleasure to see you again," he replied, taking a half step closer. For a moment, his two toned gaze moved away from the half-hidden features of the waifish male and scanned the land bridge. From one end to the other, there wasn't a sign of any other wolves. He returned his gaze to Emile's, tilting his skull to one side just a touch. "What brought you to the joining of the continents, stranger? Dreaming of adventure?" he questioned softly, a twinkle of mirth in his eyes. Part of him enjoyed the game, the passive art of back and forth banter with the long-term goal of eventually reaching some kind of conclusion. The rest of him was hoping to cut to the chase, to sink his fangs into the meat of whatever odd relationship was building up between them. He wanted to know the other male, to be able to peer into the heart of him and see what lingered beneath that anxious, stuttering outer shell...

Pontifex's companions are a female Pesquet's Parrot named Hallux and a male Emperor Tamarin named Pollux, who are nearby and likely within earshot unless otherwise mentioned.

Emile

Loner

Advanced Healer (60)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Lolaf

12-15-2022, 03:35 AM
Emile suddenly felt as though he could not avoid taking in the purple man's scent, as Pontifex closed the gap between them further Emile felt it wash over him. The man seemed no stranger to more lavish scents, though with his already buzzing mind Emile struggled to pick out the individual oils he had no doubt the man was familiar with. The poor earthen boy was awash in a mixture of emotions, the usual panic and shame, and fear of being forced to be in social proximity with anyone, but more than that was a strange sensation he'd pushed down his whole life. The last time he'd felt anything close the wolf he'd felt it for had broken his resolve so thoroughly he'd nearly ended his life. The thought of her even now made him want to curl up and die. But right now that feeling, something he'd sought to push down for so long, something he'd fought to cut off from himself was so strong. Something in the purple man's scent, in the way he spoke, in the way he looked at Emile. In the way he seemed to like bumping into him...

And Emile was losing the fight to keep pushing it down, was losing the fight despite the part of himself that screamed that this time he would never recover, that if he hurt anyone else the way he'd hurt Bowen his resolve, whatever cowardice kept him here and alive... It would vanish and that would be the end. But it didn't matter. As Pontifex said it was always a pleasure he felt the heat rising to his face and Emile afforded himself the tiniest, the most minuscule of smiles. Before a frown replaced it and he found his mouth forming words before he even could process the thought that crossed his mind. "Why?" It was a simple question, plain and clear. "Why are yo-yo-you always sssssso happy to sssssssee me?" He could not understand it, because to understand it would mean refuting everything Emile believed about himself for years, it would shatter every single wall he'd built up, every single part of his self-image to believe, even for a second that anyone could see him as anything but a burden, something best avoided.

Pontifex's own question rang in his ears and Emile shook his head, a scoffing laugh in response to the notion he'd ever imagine an adventure for himself. "I wassssss j-j-just thinking." That was a version of the truth. He did not give voice to what his thoughts had been, that deep pain and mourning he'd been trying, and failing, to process.

Speech

Art by Rivaah

Art by Sigath

Pontifex

Loner

Intermediate Healer (30)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Virgil

12-17-2022, 03:12 AM

The barest trace of a smile crossed the golden male's features, and was gone just as quickly. In its place, a downward curve of inky lips and brows pinched together just so. Sweeping his tail over his heels just to hear the dainty jingling of his body chain, he tipped his head a little more to one side. Waiting for something else, a cue that might tell him what soured the mood so easily. He was not left waiting long- a singular word of question dropped from Emile's maw. Why, indeed.. He elaborated in that halting, hesitant voice that held just the barest trace of anger behind it now.

Just because he was an enigmatic little shit, Pontifex lifted his narrow shoulders in a small shrug. Let his dual-hued gaze wander for a moment over the shimmering sands. "Who's to say? The whims of fate are fickle, and I have learned to find joy in God's sense of humour." he uttered blandly, flashing a long-toothed grin towards the blond male. "You are easy on the eyes, and I enjoy our little chats." And just like that silence reigned again, for a few beats. Long enough for his idle survey of the scenery to grow boring, and his twilight gaze to drift back to Emile. To sweep over the demure posture and the smooth curve of his shoulders, up to the eye that was finally fully trained upon him. He wondered where such brutal scars could have come from.

Finally, his companion admitted that he was merely here to think. An absent nod of his head, accompanied by an understanding hum, served the purpose of preluding his proper response. "It's certainly a good spot for meditation. The sea keeps a steady rhythm to breathe against, and the sands are very warm." he crooned softly, nodding to himself in approval of the decision Emile had made to spend the time here. "Care to share those thoughts, my dear?" his voice came quieter still, attention shifting back to the smaller man with an earnest expression. Something obviously troubled him, plain as day behind those mournful emerald eyes.

Emile

Loner

Advanced Healer (60)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Lolaf

12-21-2022, 01:53 AM
Pontifex's answer to Emile's question would catch the sandy man off guard, and he did an absolutely shit job of hiding it. It wasn't the god comment, no, while Emile himself was agnostic at best he knew there were many beliefs in the world and would not judge anyone else for having their own... But the compliment. It practically rocked him off his paws. It took much longer than it should have for Emile to realize his mouth had dropped open slightly, even longer to finally slam it just so he wasn't just gaping at Pontifex. As for the blood painting his face pink? Well, there was very little he could do about that, much as he wanted to hide how deeply the other man had just managed to make him blush. He did not have a retort, did not have a response at all. Emile did not think of himself as particularly attractive, it was hard to when you harbored as much self-loathing as he did, but more than that he considered himself rather plain at best. His face notwithstanding he did not think he was particularly remarkable, mostly boring in coloration and whatever potential handsomeness he'd once possessed had been completely removed on the night the fireflies had marred the flesh around his eye. So yeah, it was pretty easy to say that he'd not been expecting to hear that answer from Pontifex, especially when the man who spoke them looked as he did. Emile, for all he struggled to trust others, for all he struggled to connect with others could at the very least see that Pontifex was stunning, which really only made him feel even more like he was nothing special.

Unluckily for Emile while he was stuck with his mind reeling it seemed Pontifex was ready to keep forging onwards. The man prodding some, digging to see if Emile would answer as to what he'd been thinking about. Emile swallowed the lump in his throat, mentally cursed the still spreading warmth in his face, and tried to find the words he needed. His mind was not helped by the easy way Pontifex slipped in the term of endearment, and Emile's chest fluttered with a lightness he'd never quite felt before. "I uh- I was just-just-just-just mourning I ggggggggggguess." He managed to suppress his desire to flinch, he was so flustered his stutter was worse than normal, but it was about as true and still obfuscated a response he could give right now. It was strange, Emile was starting to fill up with an uncharacteristic giddiness he'd never felt before, and for the first time in a long time he was distracted from his own spiraling thoughts, the negative self-talk muted.

Speech

Art by Rivaah

Art by Sigath

Pontifex

Loner

Intermediate Healer (30)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Virgil

12-21-2022, 04:11 AM

Rattling around at the back of his skull were the remnants of an old lineage that thrilled at the prospect of luring Emile in with honeyed words, reveled in the notion that he needn't lift a single delicate digit to bend whims to his own will. But it was, nonetheless, an old lineage. A master manipulator and skilled liar he was, but a monster he was not. In his own warped way, he was being genuine. Half-assing an confession of love was simply par for the course with Pontifex. So when the subtle parting of dark lips accompanied an outward woosh of astonished breath, a tiny electric charged tripped up his spine all the same. Watching the widening of pupils and the sudden dropping of Emile's guard, even for a moment or so, told him his line had landed. As the subtle darkening of the white patch over the blond male's features betrayed the rush of blood beneath the skin of his face, there was a moment where the amethyst marked male's grin was downright toothy.

He let the conversation continue to shift away, leaving the admission hanging in the air like the heavy smell of wet earth after rainfall. Twilight eyes fixed on Emile as he gave words to the thoughts that had plagued him on the beach today. A soft, mournful hum trickled over ebon lips. The wraith bobbed his head softly in understanding. A graceful folding of his haunches beneath himself, tail curling loosely around his hip as he turned his body to properly face his companion. "Pray tell, what are you mourning?" soft vocals escaped with a soft blink and a subtle tilt of his skull in question. Emile was obviously a troubled soul, the causes of his despondence were veritably endless.

Emile

Loner

Advanced Healer (60)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Lolaf

12-23-2022, 05:28 PM
It had been nice, to for a moment, sit in the feeling that someone found him in any way anything other than a burden. Nice to feel like anyone outside of his family could like him, though he expected the majority of his family didn't even like him, simply put up with his continued existence. But when the question fell from Pontifex's lips Emile knew it was over, knew this was going to be the moment where it all fell down into where it always did. It was almost so tragic that he had to chuckle to keep himself from sobbing, it was a soft, painful noise.

"Almostttttttttt everyone I know is somewhere out there-there-there." Emile turned his gaze towards the land bridge again, beyond it. "Everyone e...ventually leaves, they escape mmmmmmmme." His voice had a sort of calmness to it, a confidence he rarely showed, even his stutter seemed to calm some though it never left. Then he did something he hadn't done in years, he turned to face Pontifex, not hiding the scarring around his eye as he looked at the man and spoke with an assurance he never showed, because he knew he was right. "Iiiiiiiii chase everyone awa-awa-away. That was what he was mourning, his own loss, his own loneliness.

Pontifex would see it, he'd see who Emile was for real this time, of that Emile was sure. He'd see the burden Emile placed on everyone, he'd see the space he wasted by taking it up. He'd see the coward who knew the world was better off without him but who couldn't even do everyone a favor and take himself out of it. He'd look at the twisted, puckered skin around his eye and he'd see that Emile had been marked, he'd see that it was a sign for everyone to keep away. Emile stared for a moment longer, then he started to move, spun on his toes, knowing it was his duty to leave, his duty to get himself out of Pontifex's sight now that he had seen who Emile was. Emile had to make sure he stayed away from everyone, because they didn't deserve to have to be around him.

Speech

Art by Rivaah

Art by Sigath

Pontifex

Loner

Intermediate Healer (30)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Virgil

02-05-2023, 04:14 AM

Just a hint of a rueful chuckle, tinged with sorrow that ran soul deep. It was heartbreaking to hear, but the wraith kept his mouth shut. Slowly the words dragged from Emile's throat, and as they did the violet marked male maintained his silence. This was hard, and he knew an interruption would only distract from the truth. A tragedy as old as time, the world moving on as you stand still. The brindled man had been left behind by everyone he knew, and now he was left stranded on an island where no one loved him as he deserved. And here he was, insistent that it was all his own doing. A small, sorrowful smile tipped up the corner of his lips for a moment. Alabaster digits reached out to cover the smaller paw of his companion.

It was a nice change, getting to properly lock eyes with the autumnal male for a few moments. Though his eye had certainly seen brutal violence, it was no less crystalline. "You're not the only one," he crooned, letting out a soft sigh. The willowy male had never stopped to consider the reality that his family were just as distant, just as far flung. Hell, he hadn't seen most of his family since the Long Night. He had simply continued onwards, knowing damned well that he would see them again. Surely if Faith was dead, he would know about it. Modesty had paid him a visit recently enough, so he was reassured to know she was well. Patience? Nowhere to be found. And then there was his mother... well, she was her own woman after all. "I haven't seen my family in a long time, but sometimes that is the way of the world. I have made my own home, and the door remains open for whenever they should choose to step through. Life has carried them off on different winds, but they are no less loved in my heart." he murmured, attention drifting away slowly from the enthralling features of the pale furred male. Easier to get the words out when he wasn't tracing the curve of Emile's cheekbones over and back with his eyes.

"If your kin do not see the value in bringing you along, perhaps it's time for you to let the winds guide you on a new path of your own. One day you may see each other again, or you may not. Why sacrifice your own joy, simply because those around you cannot see your beauty?" the question came out softly, with a tipped skull and a sidelong glance through his lashes. Once again he turned back to look at Emile, to see if the words had any impact. After all, Pontifex had gone against his mother's will to return to the Ashen occupied Shrine, and continued to live there. It was simply his place, where he was meant to be. He ought to drag Emile to the ancient monoliths so he could find his path in the heart of a divine sanctuary, where guidance drifted on every breeze. Lifting his paw from there it had remained loosely gripping Emile's, he traced the backs of his knuckles against his dainty jaw. Smoothed his pads over the fluffy fur of his ruff. The pulse beneath his paw thrummed, barely perceptible to his roughened pads.