An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Iko

Samhain 2022Statue 5 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1Mammoth HunterIce Bridge Explorer
WinnerOoh La LaDouble MasterPride - Lesbian1KFestival Organizer
Halloween 2020 - Haunted HouseValentines 2020Christmas 2019Treat 2019
11-14-2022, 10:50 PM
Sparrow had come to the orchard to pick some fall apples for ciders. They were one of the easiest things to make alcohols, and usually apples were ripe aplenty this time of year- or even already fermenting on the ground if she was lucky. She had spent many a ground-apple drunken nights in this orchard when it belonged to Fireside. She was surprised, however, to be met with another pack smell. Small, from what she could smell, but who knew. Her mind immediately went to how long it would take to raid to get said apples, but then she thought that she might as well try to talk to the wolves here since she was already in the neighborhood. So she called them and waited.

Sparrow has a female Harlequin Macaw named Pongolo and a male Capuchin monkey named Friar, and a hairless mushroom tuxedo cat named Beef Sandwich. She also has cat claws... and some weird leg spike things.

Álarr

Avalon
Beta

Master Fighter (330)

Master Healer (246)

An icon representing the specialty Defender Defender

An icon representing the specialty Anatomist Anatomist

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

LegendarySamhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1By the skin of my teethOverachiever
Festival OrganizerMammoth HunterIce Bridge ExplorerWinnerPride - AsexualBeevent
Double MasterVolcanoExplorer1KChristmas 2019Trick 2019
Promptober 2019
11-17-2022, 06:18 PM

Álarr tested his weight on the broken paw. With the help of his companions he'd fashioned a bandaged cast that gave him enough support to manage some of his weight. He could walk, slowly but surely. It would definitely be awhile before he could help out in pack hunts. His ears flicked up at the sound of a familiar howl. That was Sparrow. His stomach flipped. He'd heard the pirates intent to raid everyone and he surely hoped that wasn't what she was here for. If it was he wouldn't have expected such an announcement.

After tightening his bandages a bit more he hobbled to the border to see what his former packmate wanted. He greeted her with a dip of his head. "It's been awhile. How are you doing Sparrow? I've heard the pirates having been getting into a fair bit of trouble."

Sparrow

"Ms. steal yo girl"

Raiders Hollow
Very Important Pirate

Master Fighter (258)

Master Navigator (250)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Iko

Samhain 2022Statue 5 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1Mammoth HunterIce Bridge Explorer
11-29-2022, 01:35 AM
Sparrow wasn't sure what to expect, but she was struck both by surprise and a sense of normalcy as her uncle came into view. He walked with a bandage and nodded at her like she was nearly any passerby. She tossed on a loose smile to cover for the pang she felt at being greeted like a stranger. Weren't they family? Didn't he watch as she tried time and time again to upstage his brother? Was he not there when the pack scent first faded?

Sparrow chuckled when he mentioned getting into trouble, "Well, it's not trouble for us, just whoever is on the receiving end."  It was mostly true, but she wasn't sure about where he stood or thought right now, so she didn't divulge details. Instead, she rocked onto her toes and back, "So, this isn't quite Fireside, huh?"

Sparrow has a female Harlequin Macaw named Pongolo and a male Capuchin monkey named Friar, and a hairless mushroom tuxedo cat named Beef Sandwich. She also has cat claws... and some weird leg spike things.

Álarr

Avalon
Beta

Master Fighter (330)

Master Healer (246)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

LegendarySamhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1By the skin of my teethOverachiever
Promptober 2019
12-21-2022, 09:16 PM

Álarr smirked at her reply about the raiding not being any trouble for the pirates. Some how he doubted that, but then that might depend on the definition of trouble. A few injuries probably didn't bother the pirates at all. To her next question he shook his head. "Nope. This pack is called Avalon, more of an agaric, crafting sort of pack. You may remember seeing the alphess, Corbie? She defeated that Fatalis pup for the pack claim." It had been a rather enjoyable match and seeing that the alphess had some fight in her had ultimately convinced him to go ahead and join. It was all well and dandy to have a peaceful pack but in these trying times it was crucial to be able to defend it.

His smile faltered for a moment. "Sparrow, have you seen my brother Tyrian lately?" He'd always been close to Sparrow so if anyone knew how he was doing he was sure Sparrow would. Torrent, was another matter.

Sparrow

"Ms. steal yo girl"

Raiders Hollow
Very Important Pirate

Master Fighter (258)

Master Navigator (250)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Iko

01-09-2023, 09:25 PM
Alarr explined the pack was called Avalon and that the alpha was the woman who had defeated the Fatalis pup. It all came back to her after a moment, "That's right! Gotta love anyone who knocks a Fatalis down a peg or two!" It had been a good match. There had been several good matches lately, and Sparrow hoped they would keep up.

While Alarr's smile faltered for a moment, his statement wiped Sparrow's completely. "No," she said, her voice a stiff grumble. "And I try not to think about it too much." She looked away, her expression instantly darkened. She tried not to think about it, but she did anyway. "Came back one day and the whole thing was gone. He talked once about leadership being stressful and I encouraged him to knock off and lay back a bit, but you know how he is. I can't imagine he suddenly took my advice to heart." It troubled her, it really did. She liked to imagine he fucked off to wherever their old family was from or maybe the original pirates. "I don't know what even happened to the pack. I haven't seen anyone until you just now."

It seemed dumb now that she hadn't gone looking or asking, but she wasn't worried at first. She thought maybe they moved pack, maybe they took a vacation, who knew? Sparrow had been busy keeping up with her own thing and laying down roots with the pirates. "How long has it even been?" She asked dryly, her voice scratching up. It had to be- god- a year or more.

Álarr

Avalon
Beta

Master Fighter (330)

Master Healer (246)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Promptober 2019
01-21-2023, 07:22 PM

Álarr's tentative smile fell with a deep sign as Sparrow stated that she hadn't seen Tyrian and that she tried not to think about it too much. Damn. If there was one wolf on the face of Boreas that might have kept in touch with his brother it was Sparrow and that hope was dashed. Álarr swore under his breath. "I guess that's that then. I haven't seen him or Torrent in…"

"How long has it even been?"

He shook his head. "A year, now." He'd been so focused on just moving forward and finding a place for himself he hardly noted the passing of time. To think they'd arrived at such a bizarre and unwelcome anniversary. "Tyrian disbanded the pack just as winter arrived last year. I don't know where he went or what his plans were. I went with my father and Jupiter to help with the new pups. They're yearlings now, all off on their own. I don't know where Jupiter is… or my father." Though Álarr was almost certain Valentine was dead now wherever he was.

Sparrow

"Ms. steal yo girl"

Raiders Hollow
Very Important Pirate

Master Fighter (258)

Master Navigator (250)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Iko

01-30-2023, 10:26 PM
Alarr didn't have any good news for Sparrow. It had been around a year. Such a long year, Sparrow thought. In that time she had kidnapped Hana, given her back, had pups of her own (somehow), raided and raided again. Alarr said Tyrian disbanded the pack and Sparrow chewed her lip. That, at least, sounded like a decision and a lot less like he had just gone up and missing.

"I know the family has been outside of Boreas some- my dad with his pirates, but off and on other times. Maybe, I dunno, something happened or maybe they were tired of trying to head a family that had grown too big, but..." Sparrow shook her head. "It doesn't make sense they didn't tell anyone... Unless maybe Valentine was sick? Maybe he had something to do, but he'd tell you... right?"

Álarr

Avalon
Beta

Master Fighter (330)

Master Healer (246)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Promptober 2019
02-04-2023, 05:38 PM

Álarr sighed and shrugged, his shoulders sinking heavily down. "I don't know. I just don't know what has happened. I wandered for awhile trying to track them down but had no success. That's why I decided to just start over, to join Avalon, and maybe find a bit of peace." He was a warrior but he was also a healer and as he aged he desired more and more for stability. Alas that seemed difficult to come by. "I fear my father is likely dead. As for Tyrian…" The words died on his tongue. He didn't believe his brother could actually be dead. He imagined Tyrian had started his own band of adventurers or something in a far off land and was simply too busy to come back and visit.

Sparrow

"Ms. steal yo girl"

Raiders Hollow
Very Important Pirate

Master Fighter (258)

Master Navigator (250)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Iko

02-20-2023, 10:01 PM
Alarr said he didn't know what happened and that he wandered for a while looking for them before settling down and trying to find peace. "You did everything you could. They shoulda talked to you at least- you were right there while I was off with my own group." Sparrow shrugged. He said he feared his father was dead and after Pyralis had passed, Sparrow wasn't sure even her own dad was alive. "I wonder that about my dad too," she said. "Although he probably fucked off to be with his pirates. Wonder if he took my brother with him..."

Alarr trailed off, not saying he believed Tyrian was dead. Sparrow nodded, she didn't think he would be. "Hey, if he could beat me in a fight, he can fend off anyone. He probably found a girlfriend and has two-hundred kids by now. I know it's hard to manage with just the handful I have, so I can't imagine getting to go further than wherever he must have settled down." It was a good thought, Tyrian with a bunch of children running around, annoying him to no end. Sparrow liked that mental image.

"Well, I came here to get fruit, but I'd assume I'd need to raid for those now since I'm not really any sort of good diplomat." Sparrow's gaze leveled again, back to why she'd come here in the first place.

Álarr

Avalon
Beta

Master Fighter (330)

Master Healer (246)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Promptober 2019
02-28-2023, 10:30 PM

"You did everything you could."

Álarr tried to take Sparrow's words to heart but it was hard for him not to wonder if there was something else he could've, should've, done. It was not the outcome he wanted but there was no changing it now. Álarr nodded as Sparrow spoke about Tyrian. Yea, he was probably off living it up somewhere. He could almost hear Tyrian's voice in his head. They were adults now, old enough to be making their own fortunes without needing to coddle each other. Still, was it wrong for Álarr to hope for a future visit? Or at least to know where his brother had settled so that he could visit when the seasons allowed for it?

"Well, I came here to get fruit, but I'd assume I'd need to raid for those now since I'm not really any sort of good diplomat."

Álarr chuckled. "I'm well stocked on what I needed for cider. I'd be willing to part with some for old times sake. Just don't tell my alphess." He wasn't sure how Corbie would feel about him sharing pack resources with another packs alpha just because they'd grown up together. "That said… a raid might not be a bad idea in the future. Avalon could do with some practice in fighting against raiders." They were an agrarian sort of pack and had much in the way of livestock and gardens. Such resources would need to be defended.

Sparrow

"Ms. steal yo girl"

Raiders Hollow
Very Important Pirate

Master Fighter (258)

Master Navigator (250)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Iko

03-06-2023, 10:59 PM
Álarr didn't seem all to threatened by her raid comment, chuckling and offering her to let her sneak some extras. Suddenly she felt like a pup again telling her big, grown up uncle that she was going to raid him for all his goods. She wasn't sure if she felt disgruntled or delighted that he didn't see her as a threat. She'd never hurt him if she could avoid it, and maybe he knew that, or maybe he just genuinely didn't see her as a strong, independent alpha. Either way, she was happy and full of warm fuzzies that he's share with her.

She smiled at him when he said a raid wouldn't be bad, "That's the spirit!" She was excited thinking about bringing her pups here and having it not be entirely abandoned. "I'll bring my kids, you just maybe give your alpha the heads up- or I'll try to see if I get around to it before then." She grinned, "For now, I'll just take a few fruit for the road."

Álarr

Avalon
Beta

Master Fighter (330)

Master Healer (246)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Promptober 2019
03-09-2023, 09:16 PM

Maybe it was the fact he'd been raised an Imperialis, or perhaps that Sparrow had given them some sort of warning but he wasn't overly bothered by the prospect of a raid. It was an inevitable part of being in a pack. Some day they would be raided and rarely was it personal. That said, of course he would aim to win his fights.

Álarr nodded. "I'll be sure to pass along the message to Corbie, just in case you aren't able to yourself." He was sure Sparrow had her paws full as most alphas did and he certainly didn't want Avalon to be caught unawares. If anything this would serve as a good excuse to hold a few training sessions. Álarr saw himself primarily as a healer but if needed he could train up the warriors. "Take care of yourself, Sparrow. I look forward to seeing you again."

-end?-