Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Sea

Samhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Trick 2019
12-21-2022, 01:01 AM

Riva pulled at the binding around her throat. Fidgeting with the wrapping that sealed away the wound. Despite her careful treatment, she knew it was going to scar. A lifetime reminder of her failure, and what she had lost. A wound had never felt so choking, and her thoughts were sporadic. Spinning in circles, and returning with near constant habit to what had happened. To the long night, to Dante’s death. To her brother-in-law's guilt, and her husband and son's disappearance. She had broken this family. Everything they had built. She had done that.

She had broken contamination in the long night, she was the reason Dante had caught the illness that killed her. A healer should have known better. She should have immediately seen what had killed her daughter, and not left Eligos with the belief and guilt that he had caused it. A healer should have known better. Her carelessness had lost her everything, and ever since her attempt to raise Dantes spirit, the guilt had been eating her up alive. Twisting her into a knot so tight she couldn’t see the start or end.

She was a healer, and she knew the harsh truth of cutting off a soured limb before it could poison the body. That was what Riva had become. A blight, a poison. A fall seemed the easiest method, but there was no guarantee her death would be immediate. There was the chance of catastrophic injury, and a slow death.  Starvation led down a similar path. That left a healer's method. Poision.

She set the bowl in front of her with trembling paws. Guilt and doubt gnawing at her as she stared at the bowl before her. The thick liquid gleamed with the last rays of sunlight. There was enough in there for a swallow. That was all it would take. Just one swallow, and her blight on this earth would end.

She had never met her mother, but her thoughts turned to her brother as she sat there. It had been so long since she had seen him last. She had always believed she would be able to fix what was broken between them, but she saw that now for the lie it was. With the guilt of all her failures eating her up inside, she knew that hope had been nothing but a fool's dream. She thought of her husband, and she knew Dante’s death had broken him. Her fault he was gone, hers. And lastly, she thought of her surviving child. And that thought hurt her the most. Of all the people remaining in her life, she thought her death might do him the most harm. But perhaps he would see it as his God's doing. After all, he knew that she held some blame for the long night. Perhaps he would forgive her, with time. If he ever knew what had befallen her. “I don’t want to be another missing piece in his life. You will tell him, won’t you? Of my death?” She whispered to the Lynx that had followed her ever since the long night. She didn’t expect a reply, and she didn’t receive one.

"Speech"

Incubus

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
kara

Rapid Poster - SilverUnderachieverSamhain 2022Statue 1 Worship1K
12-21-2022, 01:49 AM

Incubus woke up restless and eager for a day filled with exploration. The brute was currently dealing with a sprained tail and Seere had prescribed herbs and rest. Rest was what he obviously struggled with. The Klein male was not good at just lounging around the den or occupying his time with fiddly tasks. Most days he took to patrolling the borders, checking on pack mates, and maybe crafting a weapon or two. But, on this particular day, he set off to explore a territory he had never been in before. That is what led Incubus to the hills.

Honestly, upon reaching the Barren Hills he was mostly unimpressed. The sun beat down on his sensitive pink nose and caused his eyes to burn slightly. It was also the thick of autumn and that fall breeze was whipping at his form rather relentlessly. But, he wouldn't give up on his venture so quickly. Incubus was not one to judge a book by it's cover, who knew what these desolate hills may have to offer?

Upon reaching the peak of a low hill pale eyes settled on the sight of a dark figure sitting below. Incubus watched the silhouette in silent contemplation for almost a minute before hefty paws drew him closer. Something was telling him to go to it. He had a feeling deep in his gut that he may regret turning away from this interaction so he did not deny his urges.

Upon quietly moving closer the he allowed his gaze to take in the scene. A small trembling femme sat with a bowl of what seemed to be a paste of sorts in front of her. There was a darkness that surrounded the woman that made his stomach drop slightly. He was not spiritual and rarely picked up on things like that but the vibe Incubus was getting did not bode well.

Incubus approached with his head lowered and his features softened. This was the brute's attempt at appearing smaller and less threatening. Inc allowed deep yet gentle tones to slip into the air, "Are you okay, Miss?" His eyes shifted to the bowl for a moment, the ominous liquid was like nothing he'd encountered before. Silently, he hoped it was just medicine.

[Image: CjtKtHg.png]
[Image: Incubus-Puffball-smoller.png]

Riva

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Sea

Samhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Trick 2019
12-21-2022, 02:15 AM

Riva startled at the sound of a voice. She had been so lost in her turmoil, she had heard no indication of his presence. She gave the Lynx a considering glance. He hadn’t warned her of the other wolf's presence. What did that mean? The Gods-given Lynx had always been an enigma to her.

She turned properly to the stranger then. Taking him in, and a small frown crinkled between the tiny girl's nose. There was something familiar about this wolf, though she dared say she had never met him before. Uncertain what gave her that impression, she cleared her throat. “Er… Hello. I didn’t expect to meet anyone out here” she said, stealing a guilty glance towards the poison. She was stuck in the awkward position of pretending all was well until he moved on. She could only hope his attention didn’t linger on the bowl before her. Dodging his question, she sought for something else to say instead. “Your…. Nose. does it sunburn easy? I’ve a salve that could help you with that.” She explained. She had originally made it for - - she squinted, looking at the wolf before her a little harder. He had his fathers eyes. “Forgive me, I think I’ve met your father? Are you related to Hannibal by any chance?” it had been a long, long time since she had thought of her old friend.

"Speech"

Incubus

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
kara

12-21-2022, 02:40 AM

After startling the woman Incubus lowered his head even more. His eyes shifted to the Lynx for a moment but he mostly kept his attention on the fae. As she spoke he let out a breath he did not know he was holding. At first he thought he was going to get ganged up on by the woman and her feline companion for intruding. Thankfully it seemed he was in the clear and Incubus allowed his muscles to relax slightly. "Nor did I." Baritone vocals were less hushed but there was still a delicate nature to them. He did not miss that furrow of her brow and the distinct look of thought that swept across her visage. What was going through her mind in that moment? But, his curiosity shifted to the bowl again as pale eyes followed her glance to the liquid. Jaws parted to inquire about the bowl but she beat him to the punch with her own question.

Incubus offered a firm nod as he slowly sat down. Returning to a more neutral stature, still being careful to not to appear threatening or anything of that sort. "It is a constant battle. I usually avoid going out on cloudless days to avoid it." A pause as his lips formed a small friendly grin, "That would be incredibly helpful." How was it all these women were so generous? Seere provided endless gifts of tea, honey, furs, and a whole teapot upon their first meeting. Now, this stranger was offering a salve to aid his burned nose.

Before he could thank her for the offer she shocked him with more beautifully gentle tones. His Father's name slipped from her jaws and Incubus immediately raised a brow and allowed his eyes to study her own for a few moments. Usually the name Hannibal did not provide a positive effect on others but the fae didn't seem to upset by this fact. Perhaps she was one of his very few friends or a previous love interest. "Yes, Hannibal is my Father, I am Incubus Klein." Incubus cocked his head to the side, "Did you know him well?" This stranger likely knew him better then he did, which was a sad fact.

Riva

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Sea

12-21-2022, 02:46 AM

How strange, to meet the son of an old friend today of all days. She almost felt Hannibels hand in this, reaching out to her. As Incubus sat down, Riva shifted slightly. Placing herself between the stranger and the bowl she had set out. She did not want him to set his nose towards it by accident. She had made it potent, she had wanted fast. Painless. But she would not be guilty of another death.

She reached into her satchel, and noticed her paws were still shaking. She grabbed the salve firmly, taking care not to drop it as she extracted it from the rest of her supplies. She placed it on the ground beside her, not offering it to him just yet. Words of his father distracting her. “I knew him a long time ago. I would not say I knew him well, but he seemed a good man. He helped me develop this very salve I’m offering to you. How is he doing these days? Could you pass on some of this salve to him?” She asked. Not asking to see him. She didn’t intent to live past today.

"Speech"

Incubus

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
kara

12-21-2022, 03:27 AM

Incubus watched her seemingly place herself between him and the bowl. That unyielding curiosity only seemed to strengthen at this. But, he did not broach the subject just yet. Their conversation was going well and he felt as though whatever was in the bowl was the source of the darkness that pulled him to her. Incubus continued to quietly observe as she shakily reached into her bag and brought out what he could assume was said salve. He eyed it over before looking back up to her, listening as she explained how she didn't know Hannibal well but what shocked him was her opinion of him. He did not have a horrible opinion of his Father like most of his siblings but also knew the pale beast was incredibly flawed. It was refreshing to meet someone who had a positive opinion of Hannibal and the detail about perfecting the exact salve she was offering him brought a smile to his lips.

That smile faded slightly as she inquired about Hannibal's current whereabouts and well being. Incubus shifted slightly, gently kneading the earth below his front two paws nervously. "I have not seen my Father in three years." Speaking that out loud made his lips twitch in a frown, even if he wished them not to. His eyes flicked down at his front paws as he let out a breath. "No one has, to my knowledge." Incubus cleared his throat, not wishing to verbalize any of the morbid assumptions he may have. "I'm sure he is well." A lie leaked from his jaws and caused a pang of guilt to soar through his core. There was something deep within him that knew the truth of it. Hannibal may have come in and out of their lives but he was never gone for this long... Despite his inability to commit to his loved ones Hannibal cared deeply about the Empire and something must have happened to him for this amount of time to pass.

Incubus swallowed those emotions with a small gulp. Upon coming to the Hills he had no clue he was going to be digging up such dormant feelings and thoughts. He was honestly a touch embarrassed to have gone through that in front of a complete stranger. Even though she likely only saw the surface of his pain, which is what he wanted. Incubus would not allow his grief to spread to another, especially someone he didn't know. - Suddenly eager to change the subject Inc flicked that pink nose towards the bowl that was mostly hidden now, "What is that?" His voice was less gentle this time, but not harsh or judgmental.

Riva

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Sea

12-21-2022, 10:53 PM

Surprise was her dominant expression as she looked at Incubus now. Three years. A long time for a son not to see their father. It had been so long since she had thought of Hannibal, that she had no inkling as to where he could have gone. But, if anyone would know, she would have thought his own child. She felt a measure of concern for her old friend, and acknowledged there was nothing she could do for him now. Nothing she could do for anyone.

“I hope so” She said, her words both polite and sincere. She fell into silence, seeing the emotion playing out in the other wolf's eyes. Worry for a father, and a fear of the worst. There was little Riva could say to comfort him.

Her thoughts on Hannibal, it came as quite a surprise when Incubus turned their attention quite suddenly to the bowl behind her. Riva jumped, startled, and flushed a little. She was not a great liar, but had no intention of spilling this dark secret to the wolf before her. “It is… a decision made.” She said after an awkward pause.

"Speech"

Incubus

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
kara

12-22-2022, 05:06 AM

Incubus allowed his eyes to move along the small woman's form for a moment. Obviously she was a sight for sore eyes but he hadn't take a moment to really look at her in his flurry of worry. His pale eyes swept along her white facial markings before slipping downward to the fresh scar on her neck. As much as he wanted to grimace the male showed no emotion this time as he took in the sight. Not lingering too long he then looked to blue bow tied around her leg. A smile cracked at the corners of his mouth before letting his eyes return to her own. All of this would happen within a few moments but it felt like a while for him. He'd have to inquire about the bow at some point, but he stored the question for later. - “I hope so,” were the words the snapped him out of the trance. His smile faded in that moment, wondering how long he'd been daydreaming. Perhaps all of the emotion that had just rushed his system was making his mind foggy. Incubus merely responded with a nod of agreement.

The attention was now shifted completely to the bowl. His brow remained raised as her answer was revealed and his curiosity was only amplified. Incubus allowed his eyes to search her own for a few long moments. What could that mean? A decision made. He did not know her well enough, or at all, so he lacked an incredible amount of context to read into that phrase anymore then he already had. It was cryptic enough to flood him with even more worry. Which, in that of itself, was weird due to his normal lack of anxiety. Incubus squinted pointedly and did not break eye contact, "What decision is that?" He hoped she would reveal more. Honestly, the male was starting to question himself... Why did he care so much? They are likely just herbs to help an upset stomach or something. But, for some reason he couldn't seem to let it go.

Riva

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Sea

12-28-2022, 12:28 AM

She found the other wolf looking into her eye, studying her, looking for something. She realised at that moment that she had not given him her name. He had called himself Incubus, and she had let worry for Hannabal sweep her own introduction away. Was that the whole reason? Or did she already consider introductions to be inconsequential. She found she could not hold his gaze. Letting it slip down to her paws as she considered her heart. Having made the decision to take the mixture, she realised she no longer considered herself a person at all. Despite understanding she still felt. Still had emotion, hope and sorrow for hearing of an old friend, and concern for this wolf and his feelings. She was… inconsequential.

She could feel his eyes still on hers, and studied his paws all the harder for it. Delicate, coal-tinged limbs that missed the dual colours of his fathers. She flattened her ears at his question, struggling to find an answer. Beside her, the lynx growled softly. The first noise he had made in a while. Startled, her eyes glanced towards him, and then back towards Incubus. “The answer is a little too private, a little too… shameful, I’m afraid” She said, her voice whisper-quiet. “You seem a really nice wolf, Incubus. You have your fathers eyes, and I mean that in more than just their colours. You have much to live for, and I hope you see your father again. You should… you should leave now.”

"Speech"

Incubus

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
kara

12-28-2022, 04:02 AM

A growl took those pale eyes from the small woman, to the Lynx, but then quickly back to the woman. He hadn't a clue of what to make of this situation. Sure he was suspicious and something about it all made his skin prickle, but what right did he have to be so concerned. Was the growl meant to warn him away? And all this time she'd just been staring at his paws.

Finally words whispered from her mouth and Incubus consumed them eagerly. Why would the contents of the bowl produce shame? Were they related to relieving her of pups? Or perhaps she had the case of the shits? Incubus knew it was likely something far more serious then a belly related issue, but it was to be considered all the same. The male continued to squint at the woman, not softening his gaze this time, he was growing slightly irritated with her cryptic nature but only because he knew something was up. He knew he'd regret turning his back on this stranger. Thus, he did something that could be considered irrational or purely immature.

In a flash Incubus lurched his head forward in attempt to press past her and grab the bowl between his jaws. If succesful in the snatch he'd aim to trot away a few feet before whipping his head to the right, releasing the bowl from his jaws. His hopes were to rid them both of the suspicious liquid. The brute would stand there staring at her, "I am not really nice." Incubus had done some horrible things in his life and he didn't feel too bothered about doing another if needed. "I will not leave until you tell me what was in that bowl." Incubus puffed his chest out some and flicked his tail, if she or the Lynx retaliated with a fight he'd be ready.

Riva

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Sea

12-28-2022, 06:11 AM
The last thing she expected was the move he made. Too late she realised he was launching himself at the bowl. "No!" She cried in horror as he shoved past her. She could do nothing as the larger wolf grabbed the bowl, and watched as the liquid sloshed against the sides. Terror left her breathing in quick little gasps. "Please don't, you'll die!" She warned, uncertain what he intended to do. Her words jarred against his, speaking at the same time. It was then she realised he intended to use the bowl as a bagening chip. Demanding answers that has fallen from her lips in fear for him. She quivered still, her shame at him discovering her dirty secret, and left over adrenaline for the fear that the thick liquid would touch his tounge when he grabbed it. Strongly enough, not only did the Lynx not intervene, but a soft sound of approval sounded at the back of his throat.

There was nothing else for it. 'Do no harm.' She had to come clean now, least he do anything else foolish. "It's a poison. Potent, and quick. Did any touch your lips? Oh, incubus, what have you done" She whispered, tears prickling at her eyes.

Incubus

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
kara

12-29-2022, 02:52 AM

Pink and blue eyes poured into her as he witnessed terror sweep through her. Adrenaline prickled at his skin in warm waves as her words met his ears. A twinge of fear peeked it's way through that steel wall. Did any touch his lips? Incubus thought the question over, his lips did not feel moist or heavy with liquid, so likely not. But, it honestly was shocking to know just how close he had just danced with death.

Anger reared it's ugly head, bolstering it's way through the fear and adrenaline. The realization that she'd intended to kill herself made his heart heavy and his breathing heavy. Incubus took a step forward and a lip curled upward as deep tones slipped through his teeth, "What have you done..." A slow shake of his head. "I'd have spoken those same words, in the same tone, if I hadn't of stumbled upon you when I did."

For a few moments Incubus could only focus on the rise and fall of his abdomen. Inhaling and exhaling long breaths to calm both his mind and body before continuing down this path. But, he couldn't stop himself... Emotion was scratching from within, he needed answers. "Why?" A pause. "Why was this the decision you made?" A small lift of his lip revealed more anger, "As the one who would have found you, I deserve to know."

Riva

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Sea

12-29-2022, 03:12 AM

The adrenaline was yet to fade, and she could feel her heart thumping heavily in her chest. Almost without thought, she found herself sweeping her gaze over him. Watching the dilution of his eyes, his breathing. Searching for any sign that he had ingested the poison when he had swept the bowl away from her. Instead of finding evidence of death, she found evidence of anger. And he had that in spades. His breathing heavy, and his voice deep, threatening.

The tiny healer, who was no warrior at all, found herself cowering beneath that anger. As the one who would have found you, I deserve to know. She flinched from the truth of that statement, and of the realisation of the pain she could have caused him. “It’s… hard to speak of. But I owe you that.” She said, seating herself slowly on the ground once more, still hunched, submissive to the larger, angrier wolf.

“The Long Night that overtook the land some time ago, and the madness and sickness that came with… it all started then. I was one of the first in my family to be plagued by it. In me, it came as terrors and nightmares and visions. My husband attempted to quarantine me, but I broke free. I, a healer” the bitterness bleed through her tone. “I came into contact with my daughter, and she contracted the disease. It caused her death. But her Uncle, who caught the madness, believed he had killed her. When I… examined my daughter” she swallowed, her throat attempting to close up with grief. “I was too slow to determine the death, and he thought himself guilty. He stepped down as leader, and left the pack. Her death was my fault. His pain. My husband and son's departure. All of it.” One of her paws clutched at the bandage around her neck, and she swallowed hard. Feeling the rasp of the injury. “I am a rotten limb, and so I chose to remove myself.” She could not meet his eyes.

"Speech"

Incubus

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
kara

01-06-2023, 01:12 AM

Incubus stood still as a statue with pale eyes pouring into her as he watched her resign to his wishes. He was in deep now and he needed to know what she'd intended on ending her own life. What had brought this beautiful femme so low to feel the need to do such a thing? Pangs of sorrow moved through him in waves as he pictured what he could have happened upon if he came just minutes later. Lips involuntarily twitched into a small front that he couldn't seem to get to straighten out. As she sat down Incubus couldn't help but to feel bad for intimidating her to the point of clear submission so he eased up on the tense stance and offered much more neutral body language.

The story this solemn stranger offered brought him to hang his head gently. He never allowed his eyes to move from her out of sheer respect for the woman, Inc was making her relive some serious trauma and he wouldn't allow her to do that alone. As she went on and the story came to a conclusion Incubus moved to close the distance between them. He did not ask for permission, not caring if it was deemed inappropriate or too forward, but the male aimed to press his chest against her side and rest his head on the back of her neck. Incubus would offer a few small nuzzles if the hug was accepted and his deep tones lifted without his head moving away from her, "I've met a number of rotten limbs..." A small pause. "You are not one of them. You are a caring Mother and Healer who dealt with things completely out of our realm of control. You didn't intend to harm anyone. You are experiencing guilt for something that mother nature caused, you cannot blame yourself." Incubus took a few moments to allow her to respond or to merely share some soothing silence. "It may be torture to remain here but I will not allow you to carry this out." If he had to drag her back to Ashen and keep her there he would. He'd happily nurse her heart back to health, even if it was only to the point at which she no longer felt this deep depression.

Riva

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Sea

01-06-2023, 01:39 AM

She watched him wearily, her heart in this throat as the pain in her heart spread through the spaces between them. Knowing he would see the wrongs she had made. The hurt that had happened through her actions. When he moved closer to her she flinched, hunkering a little lower. She was not normally so submissive, but she was a ghost of who she had been. A shade, living in the hollow places of her memories.

When he reached her, he pressed himself against her. His gesture was one of comfort, and she sagged slightly against him. Against the Son of Hannibal. She buried her head in his thick fur, and realised it had been so long since she had had physical comfort. The hug hurt something deep inside of her. But healing pain, instead of something new breaking.

“I miss them.” She said, voice soft and buried in his fur. She wasn’t sure she believed his words on what she had done. The truth was, she had had the training and experience to do better. As an outsider looking in, she knew she would have made very different choices. “I always end up alone, Incubus.” She whispered. “I’ve been a part of many packs in my life. Formed friendships” - like his father - “And in the end, all roads lead here. Alone, desolate, and hurting.

"Speech"

Incubus

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
kara

01-06-2023, 03:14 AM

Incubus took her weight against him, aiming to cradle the inky babe as those feelings flowed. He offered light nuzzles as they shared those quiet and hushed moments. Pale eyes fluttered shut as he focused on easing his breath, hoping that she could feel the rhythm and follow suit. “I miss them,” were the soft words that slipped through the autumnal air. Inc offered a small nod, still pressed against her upper back. "They miss you too." A pause. "Some come and go, it is a part of their journey. Those paths may lead back to you, but you have to keep living your life until that time comes." Incubus has always suffered from commitment issues that had been passed to him from his father. He returned to Boreas twice before this last time, it took three years for him to feel comfortable with himself enough to stay. He did feel guilty for leaving but his time away was not due to a dislike for anyone here. He just needed the time to figure his life out.

It was clear he could not leave her, not now or anytime soon for that matter. As he sat there providing as much comfort he could his mind spun with options. Of course he'd sit here for as long as she needed, but these barren hills were no resting place. Incubus leaned back but did not move away from her. He attempted to catch her eyes with his, "I am not going anywhere." Incubus had a rather serious look with a small furrow in his brow as he spoke. "You will never end up here again."

Riva

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Sea

01-06-2023, 03:33 AM (This post was last modified: 01-06-2023, 03:34 AM by Riva. Edited 1 time in total.)

Riva was a tiny wolf. Small enough to fit easily against the shapes of giants. Light enough that she caused non strain to Incubus as the other wolf cradled her gently. She felt the burn of tears in her eyes, but they didn’t fall. She felt him lean away from her, and it was enough to direct her attention back to him. Looking up into his serious eyes. Finding… something there. Something tangible, and determined. She let out a shaky breath, feeling the truth in his words as he felt it. But would that truth carry him? should it.

He didn’t even know her name. So why did he offer so much?

She rubbed her eyes with the heel of a paw. “I’m Riva, by the way. Riva Nightingale. You have the heart of gold, Incubus. You remind me of your father, he was prone to acts of kindness as well." She sniffed, trying to clear some of her cloying emotions. “So where do we go from here?” all her plans had ended tonight.

"Speech"

Incubus

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
kara

01-06-2023, 03:59 AM

Incubus hadn't known he was capable of feeling anything this strong for someone he'd known for less then an hour. Honestly, other then reuniting with his Mother, these were the strongest emotions he's felt in... well ever. Years of being a rogue looking out for just his own well being and merely having fleeting relationships likely led him to this point. His heart was tired of being so cold and it was warming to this small healer with eager anticipation, ready to bring her in. This was not yet on a romantic level, that hadn't crossed his mind much due to the depth of their interaction. He was merely ready to be there for her, to soothe her soul, on a level beyond that. It felt right.

Finally a name was revealed. A name that brought a tiny smile to his inky lips that only grew as she continued on. It seemed he and his Father were more alike then he ever knew, in both good and bad ways. "So do you, Riva. I can feel it." She had brought warmth to that golden heart and perhaps he had done the same for her.

Riva followed up with the questions that had been wracking his brain for the last few minutes. The male watched her carefully as he offered the most he could, "There are plenty of options." Incubus wanted to make it clear that she was not his prisoner although none of what he would say included her solitude. "I am in a pack called Ashen, you likely know of it due to my Father. We have a strong caring community with young healers to teach and plenty of careless warriors to patch up." If she did join she'd likely end up tending to him rather often.
"Our leader, Venom Klein, is my Sister and she'd accept you into our ranks with little to no questions asked." With him vouching for her, of course. - Incubus did not give her time to accept or deny. "If a pack is something you aren't ready for or do not want to consider we will find a nice spot to set up camp for a while. I can bring some supplies from my den in Ashen and we can live off the beaten path for a while." Either option was fine with him and he eagerly awaited her answer. But, Inc didn't display this anticipation her merely watched with a tiny smile. He didn't want to pressure her into anything or make her feel rushed. This was a massive step in the right direction, especially for someone who didn't want to live an hour ago.

Riva

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Sea

01-08-2023, 12:07 AM

She hadn’t intended to go any further than today. She had carefully laid plans of crafted poison and a barren land. What little family she had left had no need of her, and the mistakes she had made haunted her. Outside forces only served to strengthen her guilt, ensuring she wore them like a badge across her throat. A sign, it had seemed. But it was a sign that had taken her here, to Incubus. She hadn’t believed in outside forces before the long night, and now the evidence of greater beings seems to be everywhere.

She had no idea where to go from here, but Incubus wasn’t plagued by the same doubts. She did glance up at him quickly at the mention of the pack Ashen. It had been a long time since she had heard that name. But she remembered Deathbelle had been fair. It wasn’t her that had caused Riva to leave… she grimaced. “I knew it as lead by a wolf called Deathbelle. Is her… Warlord still there?” If he was, then joining would not be easy for her. There was something very wrong with that wolf. golden showers. She shuddered at the memory. Distracted, it took her a moment to bring her thoughts back around. Hadn’t Deathbelles name been Klein? Did that mean Incubus had some relation to her as well? And surely Venom, the current leader. We can live off the beaten path. He said, and she realised what he was saying. He would not leave her alone, even at the cost of leaving his sister? “Incubus…” She said softly. “I wouldn’t ask that of you.” She hoped Sirius was no longer a part of the pack. If Incubus refused to leave her side, she did not want to take him from his pack.

"Speech"

Incubus

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
kara

01-08-2023, 05:05 AM

The mention of his Mother called for a pang of sorrow to hit his heart. Every time he heard that name it came. His beloved Deathbelle... Sadly the woman seemed worse for ware as of late and he hadn't a clue as to what to do about it. But, that was not the topic at hand and his troubles were not what mattered currently. Inc raised his brow gently as she inquired about Sirius, the former Warlord of Ashen, now Warlord of Armada. "No. My Mother, Deathbelle, left some time ago and I'm sure the Warlord followed suit." He couldn't give much more information merely due to the fact that he didn't have much. "I believe Sirius' pack, Armada, are allies of Ashen."

Honestly, Incubus hadn't planned on permanently leaving Ashen but did consider taking a temporary leave to assist in Riva's recover. As she softly spoke words of refusal and offered a soft smile, "You aren't asking for me to do anything." Incubus took a moment to think everything over as his eyes studied her own. "Would you consider joining Ashen? I do not want you to do anything that you don't want to. If your answer is no, that is fine." He wanted to make it very clear she owed him nothing.