gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Melorama

12-12-2022, 01:36 AM
She had spent so long in isolation, enough time that she was entirely unsure of where her cousins were, or if they were even still around. After both Sanngriðr and Víðarr had seemingly disappeared she felt a sense of betrayal, mostly at the fact that they left with barely a word. And in turn she did the same to Róta and the others. A bit hypocritical she supposed, but she hadn't been in a very stable state of mind. But after over a year of... sulking essentially, Iðunn decided enough was enough, and that she would try to seek her cousins out. Wherever they may be.

Her paws took her to a large pond surrounded by willow trees. The long fronds brushed gently along her back as she meandered her way to the edge of the water to stare down at her reflection. She relaxed and extended her elongated canines, feeling the tension pull at the front of her jaw. They had been a blessing from the Old Gods, a sign to her that they were not disappointed in her and the others leaving their home to start anew. But perhaps they were disappointed in her now, after abandoning those that remained.

Iðunn would have to do better, be better, if she was to uphold the values that she held most dear. But first she had to figure out where her cousins were. A challenge it would be.
When Iðunn's speech is in italics it means she's speaking in Swedish

Thyri

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
kara
12-15-2022, 04:20 AM

After reuniting with cousin Víðarr it was time to do some more exploration. Her goal was to spend as much time away from the desert as she could. The vast expanses of sand had little to offer thus far and she enjoyed slightly less cruel environments when it came to solo expeditions. Thus, the Viking babe found herself in the midst of the Willows. The droopy trees were a sight for sore eyes and provided shade from the sun. The shade, in addition to the autumn breeze, brought a small smile across her inky lips.

Thyri moved along the the pond, allowing her eyes to sweep across the landscape. Her goal was to merely take in the beauty and maybe find a snack while she was at it. But, as a certain scent made it's way to her nose those plans disipated. Blue eyes sharpened as her heart raced a tad. Iðunn? Was she truly blessed enough to happen upon her kin with such ease? Thyri parted her lips and allowed that familiar scent to fall upon her tongue. Confirmation swept through her and the gal began her search.

After following the scent along the bank of the large pond her eyes finally feasted upon the sight of her cousin. A smile swept across her lips and she trotted forward. "Iðunn!"Thyri only had distant memory of the auburn gal since the last time she'd seen the older Trygg was when she'd been rather young. But, the memory was there and she was more then glad to reunite with someone of her own blood. Thyri slowed to a stop and swished her tail idly. "What are the odds?"

Iðunn

Loner

Intermediate Healer (45)

Expert Hunter (180)

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Melorama

12-18-2022, 02:48 AM
A young female voice caught her attention, but it was moreso the fact that the girl knew her name. Iðunn swiveled her head, ears twisting forward as she gazed upon the girl, icy blue eyes squinting slightly. The striping was familiar, as were the eyes. An almost long-forgotten memory tugged at her, and slowly realisation dawned upon her as she remembered who it was. It had been too long.

"Thyri," she said smoothly, rising up from the bank to move closer to the girl. She had grown much since Iðunn last saw her, now fully an adult and capable surviving on her own. "The Old Gods have blessed us this day." What luck to run into a cousin so soon after deciding to seek them out. Perhaps they were not as disappointed or angry with her as she had thought.

She idly gazed upon Thyri, glad to see the girl seemed to be doing well for herself. "How long has it been since you left our homeland?" She was still young, younger than her and her other cousins had been when they left. Had she come alone?

Thyri

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
kara
12-22-2022, 04:50 AM

Thyri was pleased to have happened upon her cousin. She had always looked up to her older cousins and siblings. Being one of the youngest members of the family she had many to idolize. - Blue eyes ran across the delightfully warm details of Iðunn's facial features and a smile stained her own inky lips. It was quite nice to come to these new lands and be met immediately with familiar faces. As her cousin mentioned how blessed they were the monochromatic girl dipped her head down in a nod of agreement, "Indeed they do, cousin." There was no doubt they were guided to one another.

The next question caused Thyri to think for a moment. How long had it been? Thyri made it a point to travel nice and slow. She wanted to stop and explore, hunt, and meet others along the way. She wanted to take in everything the journey had to offer and learn about the world. Being so young, the pilgrimage was her first time traveling so far from their homeland, alone at that. "A season and a half, I believe." Her grin thickened, "I took my time." She cocked her head to the side, "How long have you been here? Do you have any plans?" She was honestly curious to see if her family had plans of setting up shop here, claiming a pack and what not. Thyri was youthful and impatient, ready to take on these new lands.

Iðunn

Loner

Intermediate Healer (45)

Expert Hunter (180)

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Melorama

01-01-2023, 05:43 AM
It was good to once again converse with another who believe in the Gods as she did. She cared deeply for her other cousins, truly she did, but knowing they did not hold the Gods in the same regard was straining at times. But that's what she was there for, to make sure they didn't forget or, as a horrifying thought, even forsake the Gods. Perhaps with Thyri here things would go more smoothly.

Iðunn hummed softly in response, hint of a smile on her lips. She took note of the use of "I" instead of "we". It was dangerous for a young girl to go travelling on her own, but they were a hardy family, and it appeared Thyri had been more than up for the challenge. That pleased Iðunn greatly. As for Thyri's query? She thought a moment, brows furrowing just slightly. "Just over two years now."

The latter part was a bit more difficult to answer, and she pursed her lips slightly, momentarily extended her fangs forward before relaxing them again. A new habit she had picked up since they grew in the previous Autumn. "I'm searching for Víðarr. We got... separated a few seasons ago." Not exactly the full truth, but she didn't feel like going into the details.

Thyri

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
kara
01-28-2023, 10:56 PM

Thyri had regard and faith in the Gods but was definitely not as pious as some of her other family members. Though, when around those that were she did try to make an effort. Perhaps it was some sort of guilt or just the need to appease her elders. Nevertheless she would not forsake her religion, the babe was merely young with more interest in the physical realm.

Two answers came from the elder Trygg's mouth and Thyri raised a brow, "I found Víðarr not too long ago. He was further West, within the depths of the desert." Perhaps it really was a blessing from the Gods that Thyri met Iðunn on this day. To pass along the message leading to her cousins reuniting. "He spoke of joining a pack named Ethyria in the West. I've not made my mind up if I wish to follow yet." The younger babe furrowed her brow, "I am not in favor of the sand." Perhaps it was a childish reason to not join the pack but it was her truth.

[Image: Banshee-icon.png][Image: Cairn-Icon.png][Image: incubus-icon.png][Image: rhysand-icon.png][Image: thyri-icon.png][Image: Vaella-icon.png][Image: verity-icon.png]

Iðunn

Loner

Intermediate Healer (45)

Expert Hunter (180)

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Melorama

03-06-2023, 06:47 AM (This post was last modified: 03-06-2023, 06:47 AM by Iðunn. Edited 1 time in total.)
For once she let surprise show on her face. Víðarr... in the desert? Now that was not what she had been suspecting. Just the thought of being in the unbearable desert heat left a sour taste in her mouth. Perhaps he was punishing himself, for she could not think of any other reason he would be there. She was further surprised at his intention of joining a pack, though given the recent events there was a glimmer of understanding. But Iðunn could not fathom having to take orders from someone not of her family.

After a few moments she managed to smoothen out her expression, and a grunt of agreement left her. Yes, she was of the same mind as Thyri about the sand. "It is interesting that he chose a pack in the desert, of all places." Surely there had been other options out there, unless he was desperate. Maybe it was her stubbornness showing, but she would rather tough it out alone than go the route Víðarr had.

"I will head to the west then to seek him out." Thyri appeared to be quite comfortable on her own, but being with family was always preferable to being completely alone. "You are welcome to join me if you feel up to bearing the heat."