size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Dragon

1KThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1Christmas 2019Treat 2019
12-08-2022, 01:31 AM

He was out on patrol early in the morning, feeling better today after talking with Claire. He felt like some weight had lifted from his shoulders, and there was an extra spring in the old man's steps. He was nearing the end of his patrol, his stomach beginning to grumble from the cardio workout. Breakfast was in order, but instead of heading into the castle or taking from the pack's stores, he was in the mood for a quick hunt. Spring was in auster, and he noticed all sorts of prey animal signs. Rabbits especially. While they weren't the most nutritious sort, one or two would hold him over for a few hours at least. Maybe he'd opt to make rabbit stew instead...that sounded better anyway.

Nose to the ground, he tracked the trail of one for a few yards before he heard rustling in the bushes. Checking his surroundings, he noted a lot of dropping and even some half-eaten berries. Blue gaze searched the undergrowth, and sure enough he heard some rustling again in several different spots.

"Talk"

Art||Plot with me!

If I haven't responded to a thread within a week, please feel free to bug me about it!

Caladia

Loner

Expert Fighter (145)

Advanced Hunter (75)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Hermes

Student
12-09-2022, 09:33 PM

Caladia is out wandering the nearby berry grove during the beautiful spring morning. The sweet scent of berries hangs thickly in the air and, even though the pup recently had breakfast, the aroma has her stomach rumbling. The sun is warm and welcoming as she moves along, mismatched eyes darting from one to another at a rapid pace.

The black and white form of a wolf catches her attention and the fact that he seems intent on something has her moving toward him with great curiosity. Luckily, he is part of the pack so she approaches him, calling out in loud whisper, “What do you see?” Head cocks as she comes to stand near him, looking to the ground to find nothing that should have his interest. Is he seeing things? Brows furrow as Caladia looks back up the tall wolf, silently questioning him.

"Caladia Carpathius"

Greed

The Hallows
Knight

Master Fighter (240)

Expert Hunter (120)

An icon representing the specialty Juggernaut Juggernaut

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Dragon

12-15-2022, 01:16 AM

He quietly assesses the sounds in the bushes, eyes darting from one sound source to the next. Rabbits were abundant here, and it seemed there was a group of them hanging around the berry bushes and snacking on them. This should be easy enough, and as he prepared to start the hunt, one of the pack's newest members approached him with a question. He looked at the young pup, regarding her for a moment as he debated shooing her away to let him hunt in peace or to let her join in. While he was unused to being around pups (the last ones being Claire and her littermates), he decided he could take the opportunity to pass on some knowledge. Might as well right? He didn't know how much longer he'd still be kicking for. "Quiet. Listen." He whispered, though not in a rude way. "There are rabbits under the berry bushes." He motioned his head in the direction he'd been hearing them. "Can you hear them?"

"Talk"

Art||Plot with me!

If I haven't responded to a thread within a week, please feel free to bug me about it!

Caladia

Loner

Expert Fighter (145)

Advanced Hunter (75)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Hermes

Student
12-22-2022, 02:03 PM

The very young pup approaches the large male, asking what he sees. Now, to be fair, Caladia has never hunted and the concept of being silent and careful where you walk is lost on her. He looks to her, telling to be quiet and listen. Confused, her steps falter and she stops her happy bouncing toward him and tilts her head, ears perking forward to catch what wants her to hear.
Face screws up in concentration and, after a minute, the faint sounds of rustling underneath the berry bushes reaches her.

Excitedly, she looks to the male, tail wagging as she resumes walks toward him, this time a little more aware of the noise she makes. Nodding to his question, she waits until she alongside him before answering in much more appropriately pitched, whispery tone, “Yeah! What are you going to do? Chase them away?” Head cocks to the side as she asks, eager to help and absorb what he is doing. Plopping down, mostly quietly, next to him, she waits to learn.

"Caladia Carpathius"

Greed

The Hallows
Knight

Master Fighter (240)

Expert Hunter (120)

An icon representing the specialty Juggernaut Juggernaut

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Dragon

12-30-2022, 11:58 PM

Thankfully, the pup heeds his words as he watches her stop to listen. She slowed her approach, moving quieter than she did initially. He glanced between her and where the rabbits were moving about, and occasionally, he could spot a beady black eye or an ear through the foliage. They blended in pretty well, but he was also plenty experienced in hunting them. His attention returned to the young pup as she finished her approach and whispered. Good, he could appreciate a kid who listened well! "If I was going to do that I woulda done it already, kid!" He retorted, but then he immediately felt bad. Of course, she was...new to life, in a sense. He had to learn all over again that kids needed...well...he needed to speak to them differently than he would an adult, he supposed. "Sorry. I'm not used to being around kids." He murmured an apology to her. But now the pack was full of them, so he'd have to get used to them sooner rather than later. "How's your hunting, kid? Learn anything yet? Wanna help me?"

"Talk"

Art||Plot with me!

Caladia

Loner

Expert Fighter (145)

Advanced Hunter (75)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Hermes

Student
01-02-2023, 06:40 AM

Callie doesn’t know that much about hunting. In fact, her parents have been more focused on imparting the basics of fighting to her than teaching the girl how to hunt. That is why she asks if he is going to chase them away, because honestly, that is all she has been taught so far. Ears slick backward at his, not too kind retort, but she quickly shrugs it off and gives her head a small shake in response to his murmured apology. Catch his eye, she flashes a grin and whispers quietly, “Is okay. I won’t hold it against you.”

Then, comes the dreaded question; he asks about her hunting skills and the pup winces, afraid to tell him that she doesn’t really know… well anything. However, he offers her a glimmer of hope when he asks if she wishes to help him and Caladia looks at him with wide, eager eyes. Softly she whispers, “Teach me. I’ll do exactly as you say.” She may not have any skills at this yet but she is great at following directions. With his guidance, she is certain that they will catch some rabbits… together.

"Caladia Carpathius"